• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Sullichin

My basic rule of thumb is to buy every weapon that Xur will ever sell if I don't already have it because he may not sell it again for a long time. But I only started playing this game seriously a while after Xur had sold GHorn so I missed it.

Only missing three now. Too bad they are all some of the best...

Yeah if you don't have the weapon/upgraded version, have the coins + enough coins to buy that really special something should he sell it next week (factoring in the coins you can get before then), buy whatever weapon he is selling.

Hopefully with all the new players, Bungie will find it fit for Xur to sell some of the more useful exotic weapons again.

spyder_ur

Just having odd shadow / ambient occlusion effects in game. Bungie Help reported it for me and I've posted about it here, but my PS4 is approaching its return window and I want to rule it out once and for all.

If you see me on later and are still looking for help, let me know.

I will forever regret not buying the Ice breaker when Xur was selling it. I wasn't really into the game that much so I didn't really know what type of sniper rifle it was. I just brushed it off as I don't really snipe that much so I'm not wasting my coins cos I didn't have that much and was gonna save it for the next week.

From now on I'm buying anything that shows up if I don't already have it. I started with No Land Beyond. That thing will forever sit in my Vault.

Deku Tree

I will forever regret not buying the Ice breaker when Xur was selling it. I wasn't really into the game that much so I didn't really know what type of sniper rifle it was. I just brushed it off as I don't really snipe that much so I'm not wasting my coins cos I didn't have that much and was gonna save it for the next week.

From now on I'm buying anything that shows up if I don't already have it. I started with No Land Beyond. That thing will forever sit in my Vault.

#WaitingForBuff

Sullichin

I would say neither. Obsidian Mind is king :p

Voidfang might be better for PVP. Axion bolts + improved tracking is pretty amazing. The cooldown bonus you get from a Nova Bomb kill is pretty much the same as the boost you get from a normal kill. You get a headstart filling up the special meter but it's nothing too insane.

Not sure if people have seen this reddit thread but it made me sad but very appreciative for the community here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2rdgff/yesterday_i_missed_xursday_and_i_dont_care/
Reddit can be a great resource but every other thread is someone's deep thoughts baloney like "Can we all just stop and thank Deej for what he does" or "I had a dream that I met Peter Dinklage"

Should I continue with upgrading my Thorn or start with Hawkmoon?
Their appearances mirror their functionality, i.e. Thorn is fun and gimmicky but Hawkmoon is pure hurt. Both are incredibly effective in both PvP and PvE. Really comes down to personal preference.

Bloodimpact looks great on Titans who sport New Monarchy faction marks. But it looks meh on Warlocks though
ha, that is correct. I am indeed a New Monarchy titan.

yup, that thread does it.

Ha, agreed.

I missed Xur two weeks in a row. I cared... not because of the game itself but rather because of the community here. I was "worried" that when I got back online, everyone would have passed me by in those two weeks. That the people I normally play with would have all three characters to 32 and all have picked up Ghorns (and to some small extent, that did happen).

Luckily, that didn't happen to the extent that I feel left out now. And even if it did, I know that they'd still play with me because most on here understand this is a video game and it's supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun, don't play.

Voidfang might be better for PVP. Axion bolts + improved tracking is pretty amazing. The cooldown bonus you get from a Nova Bomb kill is pretty much the same as the boost you get from a normal kill. You get a headstart filling up the special meter but it's nothing too insane.

I don't play much PVP but for PVE obsidian mind is my favorite warlock exotic by far. I've nova bombed and had my super refilled instantly. I guess it depends on how many you kill with your nova Bomb. The meter also fills pretty quick

spyder_ur

So I have forgotten if I cleared the raid on one of my characters. Destinystatus is saying my Warlock has done it, but the app only has one of the three loot bars filled in (the first). Thoughts?

Yeah, I don't get it either. Guess some people struggle more with finding the "right" balance and decide to bitch and moan about it...

Well, I suppose that is the point. It's all relative.

I have been in OPs state of mind before. Formerly addicted to WoW, pretty hardcore. Gave it up cold turkey one day after seriously reflecting on the last six months of my life and realizing it was all a complete and utter blur. I had been neglecting my relationship with my former girlfriend, alienated myself from my friends, etc.

Granted, I started playing and became addicted to WoW on the heels of my dad passing away, so I think that it was something I needed to help me cope. But it was rather eye opening to reflect on literal months of my life being dumped into it.

With Destiny, I still play a lot and dump a fair amount of time into it. But I also have a full time job, a girlfriend who lives with me, and a healthy social life. Just a matter of balance. Sounds like the OP of that thread is going through the addiction throes.

LordofPwn

There was a crucible "bungie bounty" type of video where Deej claims with 100% confidence that Xur is not random. And he talked about his conversations with the guys who choose Xur's inventory.
Ahh... THAT video. DeeJ plays as warlock. Xur guys hate DeeJ.

#WaitingForBuff
Make it 1.5x crit damage as Blackhammer and the master perk should make OHBS in PVP when active. if they do that and leave everything else the same it will be a great risk reward gun in pvp.

Rixa

Starting Eris bounty "The Wakening", feel free to join (no mic, psvita). After that some Rocs (changing character first + tower). Fireteam is public.
PSN: Rixa

So I have forgotten if I cleared the raid on one of my characters. Destinystatus is saying my Warlock has done it, but the app only has one of the three loot bars filled in (the first). Thoughts?

This tripped me up one time, too.

The bars do not correspond with the order of the loot in the raid. The bars in the app fill up concurrently.

i.e. if you only got the last two loots in the raid, the app will have the first two bars filled because you got 2 out of 3 loots.

Sullichin

I don't play much PVP but for PVE obsidian mind is my favorite warlock exotic by far. I've nova bombed and had my super refilled instantly. I guess it depends on how many you kill with your nova Bomb. The meter also fills pretty quick

Yeah it's awesome in PVE. In PVP it does make an appreciable difference when you nail a control point. I've been using it in Crucible because it's new and a novelty but find Voindfang's boost to grenades to be more consistently useful.

Reddit can be a great resource but every other thread is someone's deep thoughts baloney like "Can we all just stop and thank Deej for what he does" or "I had a dream that I met Peter Dinklage"

Their appearances mirror their functionality, i.e. Thorn is fun and gimmicky but Hawkmoon is pure hurt. Both are incredibly effective in both PvP and PvE. Really comes down to personal preference.

ha, that is correct. I am indeed a New Monarchy titan.

DID YOU JUST CALL MY FAVORITE GUN "GIMMICKY?"

It's not gimmicky (well, alright, a little bit), it's the best HC because of its DoT.*

* My opinion only and probably not the opinion of the majority. But dammit, the thing literally shoots thorns! That's gotta mean something. Such a great gimmi... um, trait.

Yeah it's awesome in PVE. In PVP it does make an appreciable difference when you nail a control point. I've been using it in Crucible because it's new and a novelty but find Voindfang's boost to grenades to be more consistently useful.

Yeah you have an extra tracker and spawn with grenades every time

Dazzler

Found out last night that Hard Light can shoot through titan defender shields

It's a super fun PvE gun anyway, I'm having a LOT of fun with it

phen0m24

retiring from crucible for the immediate future. playing like shit recently and i'd rather not start the new year raging.

in the mean time, i will pick up some of my long lost hobbies.

cue "Eye of the Tiger"

Twilight you're loads of fun to watch in action.
I should know lol

If you're not going to head out there and dominate at the moment. maybe consider the Twilight Gap MP Mentoring Program™ for those who
suck
would like to improve their PvP skills.

:)

It's not gimmicky (well, alright, a little bit), it's the best HC because of its DoT.*

* My opinion only and probably not the opinion of the majority. But dammit, the thing literally shoots thorns! That's gotta mean something. Such a great gimmi... um, trait.

It's not nearly as cool as the Halo Brute Spiker. WHAT ARE YOU TO SAY NOW????

500px-HaloReach-SpikeRifle-Side.png

cue "Eye of the Tiger"

Twilight you're loads of fun to watch in action.
I should know lol

If you're not going to head out there and dominate at the moment. maybe consider the Twilight Gap MP Mentoring Program™ for those who
suck
would like to improve their PvP skills.

:)

step 1. have fun

you're already better than i can ever be.

Jinjo

Datto's crusade against cheesing continues in his latest video. Why the fuck is that dude bothered so much about how others play?

spyder_ur

This tripped me up one time, too.

The bars do not correspond with the order of the loot in the raid. The bars in the app fill up concurrently.

i.e. if you only got the last two loots in the raid, the app will have the first two bars filled because you got 2 out of 3 loots.

Ahh, thanks. That makes sense - I think I hopped in on a Crota kill.

That's why I prefer to do full raid runs, or at least one of the reasons. But everyone is grabbing checkpoints everywhere now.

LordofPwn

Thorn is nice and all and requires you to work for it, but i enjoy hawkmoon way more. it just feels soo much better. Thorn feels a bit cheap imo, and people can steal your kills. hawkmoon I 2 shot people all the time and feel like a badass doing it.

Top Bottom