• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Deku Tree

It's not nearly as cool as the Halo Brute Spiker. WHAT ARE YOU TO SAY NOW????

500px-HaloReach-SpikeRifle-Side.png

Imagine if you had to grind to level up that Brute Spiker to make it good?

Just got the Bad Juju bounty today. Tomorrow I will be able to knock out NF to start it, how long does it take to complete it? Hoping it is fast.

Thorn is nice and all and requires you to work for it, but i enjoy hawkmoon way more. it just feels soo much better. Thorn feels a bit cheap imo, and people can steal your kills. hawkmoon I 2 shot people all the time and feel like a badass doing it.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Hawkmoon this and that. IT DOESN'T SHOOT THORNS.

I agree that people can steal your kills. But there's really nothing better than popping a couple rounds off in PvP, bouncing and letting the DoT slowly tick away until you see the kill message pop up on your screen. I laugh every time.

I laugh much more diabolically when I get killed but get those two shots off just in time so I get a Post-Mortem medal. I literally watch it happen and say, out loud, "tick, tick, tick... BOOM BITCH!"

Deku Tree

Datto's crusade against cheesing continues in his latest video. Why the fuck is that dude bothered so much about how others play?

Yeah I know. I was listening to his proposals and thinking this guy is kinda nuts... he wants to make the strikes so hard that Primeguard and InvigorateGaming actually think it's really hard... which is crazy.

Trakan

Will the Word of Crota be as loved as the Fatebringer? I can already tell the scout rifle probably isn't as good as the Vision.

No. It's a lower impact/higher fire rate hand cannon and the perks aren't anywhere near as good. It has zen moment for better stability and rapidly landing 3 precision shots gives you 1 back in the magazine.

Jinjo

He can't even say the hard G in Gjallarhorn. Elitist.

While not necessarily because he can't say Gjallarhorn properly, he really does want to turn Destiny in this "elitist" type game where exotics are even rarer and more difficult to get than they already are (says that in another video) and making encounters even more time consuming and/or difficult. I guess he is a bit miffed that people are getting the same stuff as he does with less time invested. He forgets that Destiny is quite a casual game.

Wonder that myself.

Seriously. If you don't condone cheesing, just don't participate in it and just leave it at that. Don't go spouting your self-claimed "superior way of playing" in a 10-minute youtube video lol. Some of the ideas he mentions on how to change entire encounters. They're way too hopeful and downright ridiculous sometimes. Seems he just wants to be a Destiny gameplay tester badly or something.

Yeah I know. I was listening to his proposals and thinking this guy is kinda nuts... he wants to make the strikes so hard that Primeguard and InvigorateGaming actually think it's really hard... which is crazy.

Exactly. They are playing the wrong game and/or expecting way too much of Destiny. As I said, Bungie clearly intends Destiny as a casual loot-game. The ideas he suggest makes the game unplayable for a huge proportion of the regular player base. Just look at the % of players that even completed one raid, it's really, really low. Why yes, let's make the game even more inaccessible.

phen0m24

...what are the long parts of it? I'm down for grinding strikes in ROC

Completing 25 strikes is one

I think Nightfalls count as 3 and weeklies as 2.

That week (short one! Nexus!) I did Nightfall duty with whoever needed it LOL

Edit BEATEN DOWN by the Palom12

Damn what are the long parts of it? I'm down for grinding strikes in ROC

I am about to start the crucible portion of it (10K points). Supposedly, that's the longest part. I'm not in any rush to get the gun though so it can take as long as it wants.

General question: So my titan is all ready to hit 32 with ruin wings. What effect, if any, do Ruin Wings have in PvP? The "more heavy drops" perk doesn't seem to fit with PvP.

I am about to start the crucible portion of it (10K points). Supposedly, that's the longest part. I'm not in any rush to get the gun though so it can take as long as it wants.

General question: So my titan is all ready to hit 32 with ruin wings. What effect, if any, do Ruin Wings have in PvP? The "more heavy drops" perk doesn't seem to fit with PvP.

Ruin Wings in PvP do exactly what they do in PvE: nothing

25 strikes and 10,000 points in crucible. You get 25 points for kills and assists on Titans or Hunters. 75 for Warlocks.

it's more time consuming than diffuclt. Bad Juju bountry is doable.

Thorn on the hand is the only one that requires you to recruit a friend or two to help take down shield in the Pits to kill Xyor. Fuck Xyor

boofa

Neo Member
Just got the Bad Juju bounty today. Tomorrow I will be able to knock out NF to start it, how long does it take to complete it? Hoping it is fast.

One step requires Xur, so be warned. After the NF requirement you have to run 25 strikes. NF counts as 3, so you can run it over and over to get there faster. After that you have to see Xur, see Gunsmith, 10k points in Crucible (don't lose points, just gain from kills), see Gunsmith and you're done. Just be sure to have your 25 strikes done before Xur leaves or it will eat up a bounty for another week.

Edit: You guys are too fast, lol.

I like him and some of his other videos, I myself try to stay as cheese free as possible but at the same time, playing destiny is his job (I assume). Father of 3 with a full time job and play late a night, not a ton of people play at that time so soloing Phogoth thru a door crack is my only option at nightfall.

Got the Badger CCL from a blue engram. It's pretty damn good. I don't have Vision of Confluence, but this is a nice sub.

It's probably about as good as you can get for a Legendary Scout outside of VoC. I don't have VoC either and still hope to get one despite it being only a 300 weapon.

Stantron

I dunno actually, I'll switch to Defender when I'm home and test it out later. I know for sure I was able to shoot in to the shields (reduced damage tho)

I remember trying to shoot out of the bubble shield with Hard Light several weeks ago in PvE. It did not work.

jaaz

Has Xur ever had the Bad Juju for upgrading? Hoping I didn't miss it. I want to try it out with my Obsidian Mind helmet to see how much it affects Nova Bomb regen, but would rather not upgrade the perks until I get the 331 version.

Maledict

Datto's crusade against cheesing continues in his latest video. Why the fuck is that dude bothered so much about how others play?

Well, to be fair it's the reason I stopped playing.

The vast majority of people use cheats to beat the raid bosses. I'm not interested in that - I respect and understand why they do it, but it's not for me. As a result I haven't been able to do the raid, and as such have decided to sit out this expansion (and maybe permanently) because I won't have the gear for hard mode when it lands.

Seriously though - this issue has come up in every MMO I have ever played. there's always some people arguing that "people should be able to play how they want, why does it bother you". In every other MMO the designers have fixed the cheats and cracked down on the people doing it, but clearly Bungie doesn't care. Will be an interesting experiment to see if it works compared to other games.

EDIT: If they want more people to do their content, then make it easier, more accessible, and have the game support the organisation requirements behind it. Leaving cheats in the game that reduce your £20 expansion to a trivial joke that burps out loot every week doesn't seem a great idea to me instead of actually improving the game.

I watched the video too and I just don't understand why he has a problem with people using cheese methods like hiding in rooms. The Crota disconnecting glitch are way more egregious and I understand having a problem with that.

I would have no problem with actually putting doors behind you when you enter the room with phogoth if the boss mechanics were more interesting but right now they don't amount to more than just shooting continuously at a boss for 20 mins. If people actually had to go into the room to fight phogoth during nightfalls, I doubt that many people will finish it.

Has Xur ever had the Bad Juju for upgrading? Hoping I didn't miss it. I want to try it out with my Obsidian Mind helmet to see how much it affects Nova Bomb regen, but would rather not upgrade the perks until I get the 331 version.

Nope. No Hard Light or Vex Mythoclast yet, either.

Yeah, this is annoying. Having to endure his elitism in order to enjoy the otherwise good content in his videos and tweets played a small but non negligible role in my decision to quit Destiny. If one of the most influential members of the community is such a no-fun-allowed Bungie defender and wants no cheese at all despite the grind, RNG and retarded bullet sponge bosses, he can keep his game. Especially since he's made it very clear that his opinion on cheesing wasn't up for debate and he wouldn't change it under any circumstances.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well, to be fair it's the reason I stopped playing.

The vast majority of people use cheats to beat the bosses. I'm not interested in that - I respect and understand why they do it, but it's not for me. As a result I haven't been able to do the raid, and as such have decided to sit out this expansion (and maybe permanently) because I won't have the gear for hard mode when it lands.

Seriously though - this issue has come up in every MMO I have ever played. there's always some people arguing that "people should be able to play how they want, why does it bother you". In every other MMO the designers have fixed the cheats and cracked down on the people doing it, but clearly Bungie doesn't care. Will be an interesting experiment to see if it works compared to other games.

EDIT: If they want more people to do their content, then make it easier, more accessible, and have the game support the organisation requirements behind it. Leaving cheats in the game that reduce your £20 expansion to a trivial joke that burps out loot every week doesn't seem a great idea to me instead of actually improving the game.

What cheats haven't Bungie addressed, outside of the new CE exploits? All the ones in VoG were fixed. Sure, they didn't fix them immediately, but I'm not a software developer - I have no idea how long it takes to fix and test.

Deku Tree

Yeah, this is annoying. Having to endure his elitism in order to enjoy the otherwise good content in his videos and tweets played a small but non negligible role in my decision to quit Destiny. If one of the most influential members of the community is such a no-fun-allowed Bungie defenders and wants no cheese at all despite the grind and retarded bullet sponge bosses, he can keep his game. Especially since he's made it very clear that it wasn't up for debate and wouldn't change his opinion on it under any circumstances.

That was the first Datto video that I ever watched. I didn't realize he was "one of the most influential members of the community".

Top Bottom