• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

spyder_ur

When I did Omnigul for the first time and saw her run away from that first hallway after damaging her, I thought it might be a cool strike. That maybe we were going to follow her and damage her in a couple locations until we finally take her down. Maybe even variable routes or something.

Nope, she runs into a closet and screams for 20 minutes. Very disappointing.

When I did Omnigul for the first time and saw her run away from that first hallway after damaging her, I thought it might be a cool strike. That maybe we were going to follow her and damage her in a couple locations until we finally take her down. Maybe even variable routes or something.

I was thinking the same thing :(

phogoth grew on me. when everyone is in the right position, you don't need to use the rock. i just run around spawn killing hive.

devil's lair is still the best IMO, although Cerberus Vae and Dust Palace can be exciting ONCE IN A VERY LONG WHILE

I will never like anything about Cerberus Vae. My God, I actively hate that strike. I even ignore it when it's nightfall.

True. I find the first three major skirmish areas to be top-notch and I love those encounters.

Deku Tree

Who the fuck is Datto and why do I give a shit about what he thinks?
He has 18 thousand subscribers on Twitter (Edit: 160 thousand on Youtube) and it's an account solely dedicated to Destiny. He's been analysing the game on Youtube since the Alpha, streams the game on a regular basis and people on Reddit frequently refer to his gameplay analyses on Youtube. Finally, DeeJ sometimes personally mentions him in his tweets. He isn't exactly a nobody.

she should have appeared throughout the strike with her health being chipped away ever so slightly. the rate at which you'd damage her would determine how fast you could progress.

it would have been interesting then because they wouldn't have been tacking on wave after wave of add spawns to prolong it. you'd actually hunt her down throughout the strike and then spend 3 minutes tops finishing her off in her closet.

yet another missed opportunity.

MastAndo

I enjoy Datto's videos, but he speaks as though going through a Nightfall or Weekly Heroic solo is an easy feat via cheesing, making for easy loot. They're still difficult and time consuming, even if hiding spots do exist.

Besides, Bungie already did something about deterring solo runs of this later content - let's not encourage them to make it impossible. Not all of us want to put out personal ads every time we want to play something with significant drops in this game.

Who the fuck is Datto and why do I give a shit about what he thinks?

He has 18 thousand subscribers on Twitter (Edit: 160 thousand on Youtube) and it's an account solely dedicated to Destiny. He's been analysing the game on Youtube since the Alpha, streams the game on a regular basis and people on Reddit frequently refer to his gameplay analyses on Youtube. Finally, DeeJ sometimes personally mentions him in his tweets. He isn't exactly a nobody.
It sucks that that guy seems to have the ear of the devs.

Datto. Stahp.

edit: lol Deku

border

I would love to see a video of someone doing it in the room with Omnigul and not in "cheese closet"

Hawkian says that it can be done though you need a pretty specific group composition. You sit in a semi-protected space and have a Defender Titan throw up his barrier, then teammates unleash their super abilities and so that the titan can continually throw up his barrier again when the first one dies. He specified that one of them should be a Gunslinger Hunter, though I'm not sure why that specific configuration is needed.

The result is that you can pretty much have constant DPS on Omnigul.

I will never like anything about Cerberus Vae fun. I actively hate that strike. I even ignore it when it's nightfall.

the cabal are really annoying, but there's something i like about the tank section. it's one of the more Halo encounters in the game and it was nice to hop in an interceptor and wail on everything.

until everyone got an icebreaker.

E92 M3

Haha. Datto did a rant against hiding in that entry room and in his vid he did it? Wow.
Yeah on Arc burn going into the omnigul room is suicide.

The problem with Datto is that he has Bungie's ear and Deej constantly refers to him. I don't want Bungie listening to him and think that's what we want.

Looking at that art book and everything that's been shown about Destiny and is not in the main game. I hope to God everything that couldn't make it into the first game makes it into Destiny 2.

I'm really doubtful though cos you would think Bungie would be implementing some of those things into the base game right now but then they released the Dark Below and all the bullshit that came with it.

Destiny 2 could be game of the generation please Bungie don't stumble again.

hydruxo

Datto's crusade against cheesing continues in his latest video. Why the fuck is that dude bothered so much about how others play?

He's a smart dude but he's really abrasive & angry sounding most of the time and it kind of puts me off from watching his videos. It honestly doesn't sound like he even enjoys Destiny because he's always just dissecting every little thing he doesn't like and complaining. PlanetDestiny is way better as far as Destiny youtubers go.

LiK

Looked up from my iPad to see I was placed on a different team while match making.

Hah

Don't you mean why should you? Lol, I guess (based off of what I'm reading) he actually can influence bungie's decision 1% more than any of us can?

If they're actually influenced by one guy more than the rest of the player base then they're more idiotic than I thought.

I would love to see a video of someone doing it in the room with Omnigul and not in "cheese closet"

Are you talking about nightfall/weekly 30, or just a ROC strike? Had her twice last night doing ROC, and fell back to the hallway occasionally, but spent most of the time on the bridge with her.

Don't you mean why should you? Lol, I guess (based off of what I'm reading) he actually can influence bungie's decision 1% more than any of us can?

Preeeetttyyyy sure he was the reason for the Vex nerf early on...and now he's calling for our beloved Gjallarhorn to be nerfed.

Jinjo

The Dark Side of the Force was sending me a message I guess.

Every apprentice of the dark side of the force at one point in time has to strike down his master
Zoba
in order to fully ascend.

Re: Datto

I doubt he has an influence on Bungie anymore than us. He just seems overzealous in getting recognized by them in hopes for some sort of position it seems. Like someone said, he let the e-fame get to his head. Just look at the amount of dislikes on that new vid of us. It's a shame, because as someone else said, he seems like a smart dude and in the early days he had some great insight. And now he has divulged to this.

You gotta keep running VoG (probably on hard)! I wish I could give you one of my VoC's...

Sucks though that both VoC and Fatebringer are capped at 300 attack. They're basically rare weapons with amazing perks. Still haven't found a legit replacement for either one though

What Perks? I too am VoC-less and using a Badger.

Maybe it's better to just stick with the badger for high level content. Once hard mode Crota is out 300 attack weapons probably won't cut it anymore.

ocean

Banned
the cabal are really annoying, but there's something i like about the tank section. it's one of the more Halo encounters in the game and it was nice to hop in an interceptor and wail on everything.

:| omg I totally forgot there were vehicles in that Strike. I legit can't remember the last time I hopped on one of those.... amazing how the same mission can be transformed once people gear up and discover new strategies.

Ice Breaker makes you skip entire phases in certain strikes (Devil Walker, cliffs on Winter's Run, Phogoth from door, He's In A Tank! etc). Game breaking gun if I ever saw one :p

R0ckman

He's a smart dude but he's really abrasive & angry sounding most of the time and it kind of puts me off from watching his videos. It honestly doesn't sound like he even enjoys Destiny because he's always just dissecting every little thing he doesn't like and complaining. PlanetDestiny is way better as far as Destiny youtubers go.

Yeah, I love planet destiny's stuff. I honestly just don't like how he (Datto) makes the community look as a whole. This is probably why bungie will be quick to nerf and fix exploits but leave game breaking glitches in and even make them worse. I haven't been in VoG since I got the Vex (before the DLC hit) but I heard it went to hell with even new bugs.

Sucks though that both VoC and Fatebringer are capped at 300 attack. They're basically rare weapons with amazing perks. Still haven't found a legit replacement for either one though
Does their AP of 300 still make them good options? I've opted for a similarly spec'd 331 Scout Rifle (The Calling) over Vision of Confluence. Does that make me a Destiny Dummy?

spyder_ur

If you watch the anti-cheese video he pretty much admits that the entire fight is broken and has extensive suggestions for how to make it work properly.

Doors...more doors. Doors everywhere.

Just kidding, I think he raises some interesting points, although his ideas are a bit convoluted.

Deku Tree

If you watch the anti-cheese video he pretty much admits that the entire fight is broken and has extensive suggestions for how to make it work properly.

I watched it and I commented on his suggestions earlier. Basically he wants to make the encounter too hard to be a casual video game IMO.

Mindlog

The Omnigul fight is so badly designed it's ridiculous

The only viable strategy is not to enter the actual room she's in
I like the area in the back more. Easier to get shots in.
Favorite Strike is Undying Mind, but that is 100% dependent on the entire team spamming supers.

Flawless Solo going well at the final portion of Deathsinger!
Die to a thrall jumping into your Gjallarhorn.
Ffffffffffffffff

Anyone interested in doing the weekly heroic one last time before the reset? Just need to do it on my lvl 30 warlock (he's the slacker of the group). I'm thinking of doing it at 5:30pm central (2.5 hours from now).

Also, if anyone is running any HM VoG later tonight, sign me up for a run. Can do it on my 32 hunter, 30 titan, or 30 warlock depending on the makeup of the team. I'll probably run it on my titan because I'm interested in taking these ruin wings for a spin now that I have the CE helm to complete the set.

agreed. planet destiny feels more proffessional and I enjoy thier videos more. I also like Morning after kills destiny videos. more goofy but that laugh gets me everytime. It was pretty funny watching him down omnigul on the nightfall in like 7 seconds.

10917208_341386182734808_7934334247434788748_o.jpg

thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

Trakan

Maybe if the interceptor did anything. I'd rather use any other gun. I never see anyone hop in them to use them. Regular cabal enemies take multiple shots to down. If it were anything like the scorpion, I'd agree with you.

So I was thinking today how bland everyone looks with the same raid armour on,

how would you feel if Bungie introduced a separate raid shard that could be obtained alongside the raid gear that would upgrade any legendary armour up to light 36, similar to how exotic shards work at the moment?

I keep all my legendary light 33 armour for this reason

ocean

Banned
Does their AP of 300 still make them good options? I've opted for a similarly spec'd 331 Scout Rifle (The Calling) over Vision of Confluence. Does that make me a Destiny Dummy?
Having primaries with elemental damage is still a major boost for Burn activities. Having FB, VoC and AE makes burns a lot easier. Like, a lot. Even at 300 attack, FB will do more damage than any other primary in the game during Arc Burn by a long shot. Same goes for the others.

Until elemental primaries from Crota's End become available, VoG primaries are definitely worth seeking.

Top Bottom