• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

titan dudes would i regret dismantling my no backup plans and mk 44 stand asides now that i have a glasshouse? i don't think i would but maybe i'm missing something

i got those when i didn't have any better options and there was a time when i thought having The Collection of exotics would be cool but i think i'd just rather have the exotic shard

If you don't play PvP much, and you never use them, and as you stated you don't care about the collection then I say pitch them.

SeanR1221

I have the patients and time sniper. Is the ice breaker better? If so I need two more strange coins and I already did the heroic and nightfall strikes. Am I boned?

Upgraded my first legendary armor piece (lucky raspberry). I was a little surprised to see myself go down to level 28 but then I remember my cousin explaining you need to re upgrade things.

titan dudes would i regret dismantling my no backup plans and mk 44 stand asides now that i have a glasshouse? i don't think i would but maybe i'm missing something

i got those when i didn't have any better options and there was a time when i thought having The Collection of exotics would be cool but i think i'd just rather have the exotic shard

Are you just going to be running defender each and every time?

Just keep them. You can just buy an exotic shard whenever. Dunno bout the NBPs but MK44s are great for crucible

LiK

Indeed, the inability to turn off green notifications is stupid. I don't want to do the Urn quests again with my alts. A lengthy quest for shit reward.

I have the patients and time sniper. Is the ice breaker better? If so I need two more strange coins and I already did the heroic and nightfall strikes. Am I boned?

Upgraded my first legendary armor piece (lucky raspberry). I was a little surprised to see myself go down to level 28 but then I remember my cousin explaining you need to re upgrade things.

Icebreaker is better as it's more versatile. If you've done the max weekly already getting coins is RNG... Farm daily events I guess? Or roc strikes?

Icebreaker is much better, simply due to the infinite ammo regen.

Steroyd

Infinite ammo makes it the better sniper, but as a sniper going from P&T the recoil is dogshit.

You're not boned with the strange coins per se, you'll have to run a ROC strikes and hope the blue engrams turns into strange coins, yes I'm telling you to grind.

LiK

Ice Breaker is better for infinite ammo. You can basically sit and cheese most NFs/Weeklies with it. Conserving ammo in Juggler modifiers is useful.

ocean

Banned

They are different. Ice Breaker does Solar damage and has a unique perk that makes it a favorite: instead of using green ammo, it automatically regenerates one bullet every 5 seconds. This means it has infinite ammo. Coupled with maxed range and very high impact, it is one of the game's best Exotics. A lot of encounters are made trivial by sniping from a safe distance using infinite ammo. It's only true weakness is having ridiculous recoil.

P&T is Arc, which means it's many times more powerful on activities like this week's Nightfall which has Arc burn. It also lets you go invisible while you snipe, allowing you to line up the perfect shot. They're both definitely worth having.

As for getting two more Coins, the Weekly Heroic is the only guaranteed way to get them. There is a chance, however, for blue engrams to decrypt into Strange Coins. If you play the Vanguard Roc playlist for a while you'll have a bunch of Engrams to decrypt and there's a good chance at least one will be a strange coin.

There's also a Chest in Mars that gives a Coin (only once), you can google for it (Mars Golden Chest locations) if you haven't opened those yet.

E92 M3

Nothing for me this week, except maybe a 3rd helmet. Good Xur week, all things considered. I am cautiously optimistic because Bungie is giving the community access to some good stuff.

gdt

Holy shit ice breaker. I will indeed buy my third so I don't need to switch it around.

Holy shit I asked for Glasshouse/Obsidian Mind last night haha.

noomi

Oh how this game teases me!

After a few weeks of daily ROC strikes, I finally see an exotic drop... granted it was not for me, it was a handcannon. Hawkmoon feels closer than ever.

SeanR1221

Thanks guys! It sounds like each is good depending on the situation.

I'll be running some roc strikes tonight. My wife has work so I'll be able to play for a while. I'll post here and see if anyone wants to team up :)

gdt

Get the ice breaker now.

Do a public event for the coin or more, then grind roc strikes for awhile. The engrams decrypt into strange coins at a decent rate. Won't take long at all to get two.

Guess I'm the only one who thinks Xur sucks this week...because I've sharded everything he is selling multiple times now.
It's just that you're luckier than most if you've had enough duplicates to shard everything multiple times.

I'm getting another ice breaker, but am on the fence for obsidian mind.

yourgod

Neo Member
Dont post much but I'm always checking this thread. Im glad Xur is selling the icebreaker, it should take me off of boomer duty. Plus i can finally get dat Obsidian mind, lol. Don't know if I should splurge and get another ice breaker or save my coins

GRIP

Obsidian Mind was the only decent drop I got this week and of course Xur has it just a few days later. Awesome.

Guess I'm the only one who thinks Xur sucks this week...because I've sharded everything he is selling multiple times now.

I'm not buying anything but I thinks its awesome for some of my friends that really wanted the IceB.

Theres so little I want from this game at this point that Xur not having anything for me is the norm, not the exception.

It's just that you're luckier than most if you've had enough duplicates to shard everything multiple times.

I'm getting another ice breaker, but am on the fence for obsidian mind.

Do you like running ROC strikes? Because Obsidian Mind is the perfect strike helm. It is silly how often you can have your super up and just blast everything away, over and over. Combine that with Bad Ju Ju or other super recharge buff gear and it becomes its own mini game of how many supers can you fit in a single strike.

Way to go xur. Like there aren't already enough Nova Bombs flying around in the Crucible.
Had Obsidian Mind drop from NF 1 week after the TDB release. Its a really fun exotic to have.

Are the iron banner maps on some sort of weird rotation? I'm sure I heard that the dlc maps would be included but the only maps I've been on in the last couple of days have been the Mars and Venus maps.

nah, Icebreaker is still the best sniper in the game hands down. It's just the most versatile due to not having to worry about ammo when camping in a cheesespot somewhere :D

Black Hammer is only really usable against Ogres, the Tank, Sepiks Prime and Devil Walkers :D
Ya know, I don't really agree with it. Even if I wind up missing a critical shot on my Blackhammer, I know I have 9 more shots (on a full magazine). And I can always pop a synthesis and/or land 3 critical shots in a row. And with Blackhammer I can use that coveted exotic slot for something else, like the Gjallahorn.

Under the perfect conditions, I think the Blackhammer outputs a higher DPS. With Icebreaker you have to pause at times and wait for the ammo to regenerate, or space out your shots evenly.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Icebreaker, I've just opted for Blackhammer more often.

Pretty good Xurday for me. I bought IB #3, Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju upgrade. I'm really looking forward to playing around with the Bad Juju + Obs Mind combo.

I just started a Titan alt yesterday and thought about picking up Glasshouse. But I think that Saint-14 or Ruin Wings would be more useful so I'll probably hold off.

I saw someone bring up the topic of raid plans next week. My regular group isn't able to raid until the weekend. I will probably wait to see how the hard drops are done (i.e. if primaries are only on Crota). If they are, I'll probably run the regular raid up to Crota on my characters first to try to get better armor rolls. My preferred warlock set up leaves me with 0 INT... not ideal.

GRIP

I don't understand that line of thought.
You saved 13 coins: that is, indeed, awesome.

I have over 200 strange coins and nothing to spend them on. Seeing my one good drop being sold just 3 days later for a measly 13 SC isn't awesome.

EL CUCO

Initially I thought glass house was for Striker Titans :/

If you already have Helm of Saint 14, is this worth picking up? I heard the BoL/WoL only lasts 5 seconds longer.

Bogeypop

Yo, just woke up and checked Xur. The meltdown from his generous offer must have been insane! Also it invalidates at least two of my Nightfall rewards. I guess it just means I got them early for a while. Unfortunately not Exotic Engram again this week, so he has nothing for me again.

Top Bottom