• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

But I clapped after eating my meal!
Did you stand up as well? Did you proclaimed America as best in the world? If not, that cat is coming for you.

Are you currently missing one of your kitchen knives? Might want to check up on that. Also, do you or anyone in the neighborhood own a Michael Myers mask? That's most likely missing too.

You know your cat is planning something when you catch it staring at you from afar with a certain look.

stb

HM VoG :

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE - 31/Titan)
2) Dave_6
3) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5)
6)

Need 2 more. Leave as soon as we're full.

Namikaze1

Ferret bit my foot while I was busy eating a chicken breast and replying to Math's post.

I think I should follow my own advice and sleep with one eye open.

What's the best way to get back into Destiny at this point?

It's been about two months since I last played it properly, but I have a bunch of friends who are still playing and I want back in. I'm considering just going ahead and buying The Dark Below.

I've got a Level 27 Warlock. All Legendary and Exotic gear, but no raid gear (still not done VoG). I'd like to jump back into playing, but don't want to waste time doing stuff that's not needed. Has the economy changed much? It looks like I need ascendant and exotic shards, as well all the usual resource. Can you just buy all that stuff now, or is it just a case of running strikes/dailies/weeklies?

Or should I just forget about all that until I've bought The Dark Below?

Bit overwhelmed..
spend the weekend in iron banner for 36 (light) gloves and 33 armor. you're now level 30. upgrade (or buy) an exotic helmet to 36. you're now level 31.

never getting the dark below: enjoy vault of glass as a level 31
after getting the dark below expansion: do normal corta's end and hope for chest/boots 36 to drop. do a few more weeks of crota's end for the shards needed to level up that raid armor. you're level 32. do hard mode crota for new elemental primaries.

todd360

Ferret bit my foot while I was busy eating a chicken breast and replying to Math's post.

I think I should follow my own advice and sleep with one eye open.

A ferret took my Lil baby sock when I was a kinderguardian and ran away. Never to be seen again. I wonder if he and the sock are happy.

At this point I think it's safe to assume you're trolling. You've been answered : No.
Just wanted to be sure, maybe the upgrade isn't at the stats or is unlocked otherwise or its a bug that shows the same stats. I haven't played this game in a while. Last time I played, you couldn't buy materials on vendors.
Nice, thank you guys.

gdt

Just wanted to be sure, maybe the upgrade isn't at the stats or is unlocked otherwise or its a bug that shows the same stats. I haven't played this game in a while. Last time I played, you couldn't buy materials on vendors

The upgrades on weapons don't have to do with stats.

Just base attack value. Any exotics earned before The Dark Below are capped at 300 attack. Post TDB exotics earned are at 331. So you can upgrade your pre TDB exotics to the new attack cap if you choose too. If Xur has them available.

Armor is a bit different, that goes by Light Level (30 before TBD, 36 now). Though the random stats on armor does come into play a bit.

God damn please get gud people.
10904404_346377558902337_4901654310908321217_o.jpg

Top Bottom