• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Fig is talking so much shit in that OT thread.

girl_pardon.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I like how in the sword of crota mission when we use "his sword" it's like a midget sized version of how big his actual sword is.

So I got this game for Christmas and I just hit level 24. Trying to do the weekly strike and daily quest, and I'm getting my ass kicked in both - they seem pretty close to Halo Legendary in difficulty for me. But I haven't really heard many other people complaining about the difficulty. Do I just suck? I'm probably below average in the Crucible, but not by very much...

Rhaegar

So I got this game for Christmas and I just hit level 24. Trying to do the weekly strike and daily quest, and I'm getting my ass kicked in both - they seem pretty close to Halo Legendary in difficulty for me. But I haven't really heard many other people complaining about the difficulty. Do I just suck? I'm probably below average in the Crucible, but not by very much...

Probably just underleveled if you're trying to run those solo. I usually need to be a least even or one level up on what the daily story recommends to solo it. The weekly strikes are usually too difficult (at least for me) to solo unless you are really deliberate or cheesy.

*leans towards Boguester*
*lips mere inches away from Boguester's right ear*
*softly whispers "Go Pats."*

(ಠ_ಠ)

Usually this is the part where I mention Spy Gate but, as much as it pains me, I have to admit Pats pwn Colts almost as much as Gaf pwns Crota. Ah well, we'll always have the 2007 AFC Championship Game (I was at the game, highlight of my sports fan life).

And rugby is played by men (and women!) who don't need padding. ;)

lol good point, I can't argue with that. Rugby is cool as hell.

Any flawless attempts starting soon?

I'm happy to do another run in ~45 min if we have enough people for it.

Your light level relative to enemies is hugely important. Being even one level below the enemies makes a huge difference. Also, the strikes are scaled to be much harder to solo compared to a group of even 2 or especially 3. Learn the enemy spawn points, learn the safe places for cover and don't be afraid to fall back to safety. Learning how to stay alive is the most important PvE skill.

Probably just underleveled if you're trying to run those solo. I usually need to be a least even or one level up on what the daily story recommends to solo it. The weekly strikes are usually too difficult (at least for me) to solo unless you are really deliberate or cheesy.

Well, I'm glad to hear that. Now I'm wondering why in the world they don't have matchmaking for the weekly strikes (or did they?). And I can't seem to find anyone on destinylfg for the mission, either. Any tips on how I can get it done?

Rubenov

Efrideet's Spear with Unflinching, Perfect Balance and Final Round it's sooooo good in PvP. Can almost completely take out one guy with a body shot (gets them down to a sliver), not counting the Final Round of course which is OHK

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Giving away the VoG Gorgon checkpoint for awhile to anyone who wants it. Just send a friend request to Semedi then join in.

Just hop out after you get the checkpoint or grab the chest if that's what you're after so I can keep wiping to get people through.

Edit: on PS4

Alright, shutting it down. Hope some folks got good stuff!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Figure I'd run some ROCs to get some extra motes of lights. I run a bunch, get a bunch of engrams, and what do I end up with? 14 total strange coins, 0 motes of light. Thanks game. Thanks a lot.

E92 M3

I like how in the sword of crota mission when we use "his sword" it's like a midget sized version of how big his actual sword is.

Devil's Advocate: We fight Crota in the Nether Realm, and in other dimensions everyone can have their swords be as big as they want lol. We used the Earth-sized sword.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Devil's Advocate: We fight Crota in the Nether Realm, and in other dimensions everyone can have their swords be as big as they want lol. We used the Earth-sized sword.

Sardon had a big sword too. I imagine Oryx must be the biggest or Bungie could pull a funny and make him a super fast midget hive.

Efrideet's Spear with Unflinching, Perfect Balance and Final Round it's sooooo good in PvP. Can almost completely take out one guy with a body shot (gets them down to a sliver), not counting the Final Round of course which is OHK

Me from ~6pm today: (edit: too bad my 4 or 5 Spear rolls have been moldy garbage)

For Spear personally I want:

PvE: Void, Outlaw + Field Scout + Firefly

PvP: Void, Short Gaze scope, Unflinching + Perfect Balance + Final Round

You still doing IB or done for the night?

PSN is LordNimon if you get a group together.

Alright, if anyone else wants to do a quick flawless just throw up a post or shoot me a PM. Old man Colonel probably already went to bed.... Last run took maybe 45 minutes total once we got the group together.

Rehsa

Finally did nightfall on my Warlock, saw the horn pop up, wasn't me :'( Got Obsidian Mind which I just bought from Xur -.-

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
good class sword schoolers! thanks for sticking with it despite the delay and people switching out. I hadn't switched back my build from the Nightfall and totally flubbed that second attack... you guys didn't miss a beat though. :)

will be doing a bit of IB before bed, in 15 or 20 mins.

Rtas

Anyone up for killing atheon on HM on Xbox 1? Got a save at gatekeepers. No group at the minute. Msg : Deathman1000 if you're interested its me :)

Top Bottom