• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Anyone up for killing atheon on HM on Xbox 1? Got a save at gatekeepers. No group at the minute. Msg : Deathman1000 if you're interested its me :)

I'll be on in 10 minutes. I'm down to farm that place for a little bit and then do it with my titan.

Edit: I'll add you to my FL and msg you when I get on.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wonder if the same thing applies for hard mode of CE to normal. I guess once you get the raid weapons, no point in doing hard anymore unless it has other incentives.

Me from ~6pm today: (edit: too bad my 4 or 5 Spear rolls have been moldy garbage)

You still doing IB or done for the night?

Alright, if anyone else wants to do a quick flawless just throw up a post or shoot me a PM. Old man Colonel probably already went to bed.... Last run took maybe 45 minutes total once we got the group together.

I'm in but can't go on until a little later. In laws still have control of the TV right now, so it's going to be probably an hour. Level 32 hunter here.

Arrrammis

What does GAF think of this Timur's lash roll?
Outlaw
Perfect balance/explosive rounds
Grenadier
Keep or reroll? The only perk I'm really looking for was outlaw. Kinda wish it had field scout, but the perfect balance also makes a huge difference.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's good I guess but like Hudson says, you already have twice the chances in VOG. Plus at this point the vets of the game who are most likely the same ones going to do hard mode already have most exotics worth owning. Once I get the two weapons I want in hard mode I'm done with it.

Future

I'm curious why they make all the iron banner stuff so expensive. They reset it every event, it only lasts a week, and it takes forever to grind it. But I guess I'm expected to also find the time to grind a bunch of glimmer at the same time? Jesus

If I do Vault of Glass on normal and go back through it on hard, how many of the rewards will I get?

All of them except one shard chest.

You get another drop at each of the 4 loot drop phases: oracles, Templar, Gate Keepers and Atheon. These drops pull from the hard mode loot table so you can get PFoil, FBringer, Vex Mytho, raid helmet, etc. You also get another drop from the left Gorgon chest but not the first chest before Confluxes and not the right Gorgon chest.

What does GAF think of this Timur's lash roll?
Outlaw
Perfect balance/explosive rounds
Grenadier
Keep or reroll? The only perk I'm really looking for was outlaw. Kinda wish it had field scout, but the perfect balance also makes a huge difference.

Said it before, but I'll say it again: keep it and buy another to roll. Takes 15 minutes on the farm.

I'm in but can't go on until a little later. In laws still have control of the TV right now, so it's going to be probably an hour. Level 32 hunter here.

PSN is LordNimon if you get a group together.

Ok, sounds like we might have 3 for flawless in a little bit if anyone else will be around for it. Otherwise we can knock it out some other time, like I said it takes < 1 hour unless a bunch of crazy stuff happens for some reason.

Blah.

Never did much IB today but did have some memorable Bubble Village matches this morning.

Can I beat Atheon on HM and then go back with the same character and get the checkpoint?

No, you need to transfer the CP to another character (make sure to wipe once). Once you beat Atheon on a character any CPs for that raid on that difficulty level are gone. The game keeps separate CPs for normal and hard mode raids.

I'm curious why they make all the iron banner stuff so expensive. They reset it every event, it only lasts a week, and it takes forever to grind it. But I guess I'm expected to also find the time to grind a bunch of glimmer at the same time? Jesus

Wait until later in the week when the buff is huge, or at most only knock out a few of the easiest bounties per day (playing < 1 hr per day until the weekend). Doesn't take too long to level up then, buff will be 150% in 3 hours and 42 minutes.

Use normal GK glimmer farm teams around here. This game requires active communities to stay alive, thankfully that's obviously what we have here.

Got to IB Rank 5 tonight

I have to say, doing the grind for the Rapier and now IB I've gotten decent at Crucible.

Got myself a new ship "Shark Whisperer", Silimars Wrath, IB Titan Gauntlets (better roll than my CE ones), IB Titan Mark, Timurs Lash and Radaghst Fury (or whatever the rocket launcher is called).

Early morning tomorrow so I'm heading to bed now. Will be rolling them all tomorrow. Along with a lot of Gatekeeper farming (I have the checkpoint so I'll post tomorrow evening to run a farming session) as I have like 600 glimmer left. I may run more IB for a chance at the sniper.

I wish they would have a separate IB with The Dark Below maps, not that the rewards and everything else would be different, just the option for the new maps.

Smh, solo'd a spawn flip on to C shores of time and the randos took A less than 1 min later. I then sat aroun A and laughed as I watched player after playem spawn run out of the A cave and respawn there 15 seconds later in a never ending loop. Should've saved a video.

Steroyd

So I re-rolled my good efrideets spear chasing piercing rounds + ambush scope and I end up with a void version with ambush, unflinching, perfect balance and final round... I can't re-roll that it's perfect! Not the perfect I want, but perfect nonetheless.

Anyone know how the daily public events things work? I heard you get some upgrade materials for the first public event done in a day, but I just did one and nothing happened.

Anyone know how the daily public events things work? I heard you get some upgrade materials for the first public event done in a day, but I just did one and nothing happened.

You get a package at the post master after the first gold star public event of the day. When you pick up the package you get 5k XP for your equipped weapons and armor, 2 vanguard marks, and some type of material (ass shard/energy) or strange coin. Maybe a mote of light is possible too, not sure.

There is only a random chance of ass mats dropping when you finish the event itself.

Ok, I'm ready for a Flawless Raider run at CE in case anyone is ready.

PSN - djblackice

I'm still down to help but thread is pretty quiet right now, not sure if we can get a group going now or not. No worries, it's easy as hell so we can bust it out whenever.

TLW pros,

How do you like High Caliber Rounds vs Perfect Balance?

As others have said perfect balance is the only option unless you are zoba then it doesn't matter.

So I re-rolled my good efrideets spear chasing piercing rounds + ambush scope and I end up with a void version with ambush, unflinching, perfect balance and final round... I can't re-roll that it's perfect! Not the perfect I want, but perfect nonetheless.

You doing any more IB/Bubble Villages now?

Yeah I thought so too on Perfect Balance, but does High Cal stagger in PVP?

Yeah but it isn't a major game changer.

My 300 Jolder's Hammer has High Cal and Field Scout so I use FS when I pick up the heavy ammo then usually switch to High Cal when I actually use it. There's definitely a difference but not a huge deal.

kidko

Yeah but it isn't a major game changer.

My 300 Jolder's Hammer has High Cal and Field Scout so I use FS when I pick up the heavy ammo then usually switch to High Cal when I actually use it. There's definitely a difference but not a huge deal.

Cool, good to know! Thanks for the replies

You get a package at the post master after the first gold star public event of the day. When you pick up the package you get 5k XP for your equipped weapons and armor, 2 vanguard marks, and some type of material (ass shard/energy) or strange coin. Maybe a mote of light is possible too, not sure.

There is only a random chance of ass mats dropping when you finish the event itself.

I'm still down to help but thread is pretty quiet right now, not sure if we can get a group going now or not. No worries, it's easy as hell so we can bust it out whenever.

As others have said perfect balance is the only option unless you are zoba then it doesn't matter.

You doing any more IB/Bubble Villages now?

Ok, I'll post this here and see who we can get. In the meantime, I'm gonna try to get to the bridge and see if the tower climb method still works.

Flawless Raider CE Run

1. djblackice
2. Boguester

Top Bottom