• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

ocean

Banned
yeah, usually need min 31 for it.

but hey, if you just need your crota kill, feel free to join us. gonna switch to my 32 in a minute and wreck his face.
Sorry I missed it last night, it was a little too late for me and I fell asleep. I saw your invites now when I woke up but that was at 3am over here :p

Btw if by any chance you saw me online at the time it was one of my roommates. They're both nuts about CoD:AW and GTA V these days.

Sweet group with Rtas tonight. Thanks again for inviting me. Evolve (not sure if that is your GAF avatar), thanks for jumping in and sticking it out.

I managed to snag me the sparrow and the Mytho!

Today I hit Dead Orbit Rank 50 on my main Hunter.
Never one to disappoint RNG bestowed upon me the kindest of blessings lol
B7sbwiRCcAAeiv0.jpg:large

Well, climbing the tower on the bridge of CE almost worked. I despawned all the enemies in the first part and just left the Swordbearer. Once I killed enough enemies on the other side of the bridge, the ogres came out and then the Annihilator Totem started.

Almost did it, dang.

Anyone need the bridge CP in CE? I can wait here just in case.

Also, anyone up for some glimmer farming at GK in VoG? Let me know (need CP though).

hydruxo

Dead Orbit can suck it. I'm rank 32 and never really gotten anything of note other than some crappy armor that I don't need and a machine gun with a bad roll. All the other packages have been like that one screen up there....1 shard and a mote of light or something useless. For all the effort you put into getting rep there should be more concrete rewards, you can get the same rewards from a public event package as you can from a faction one. Not to mention the 10+ crucible commendations I'll never use.

I just want a shader yo.

SkylineRKR

What does GAF think of this Timur's lash roll?
Outlaw
Perfect balance/explosive rounds
Grenadier
Keep or reroll? The only perk I'm really looking for was outlaw. Kinda wish it had field scout, but the perfect balance also makes a huge difference.

Depends on how many motes you have left. I would reroll for FS and Outlaw. Or a version without FS but with spray and play and luck in the chamber/final round. But keep it if you're uncertain. Buy another one.

Dead Orbit can suck it. I'm rank 32 and never really gotten anything of note other than some crappy armor that I don't need and a machine gun with a bad roll. All the other packages have been like that one screen up there....1 shard and a mote of light or something useless. For all the effort you put into getting rep there should be more concrete rewards, you can get the same rewards from a public event package as you can from a faction one. Not to mention the 10+ crucible commendations I'll never use.

I just want a shader yo.

I stopped leveling them. I don't even bother with shaders since all the factions are so stingy with them. If it drops it drops, it's such a stupid system. Nothing really gives you an incentive to do anything

ocean

Banned
Commendations are kind of useless right now since a few weeks after TDB we all had enough gear and the 2-3 weapons we wanted to buy.

I propose making commendations useful again by using them as a currency to buy faction shaders. I'd happily pay a few commendations for the Dead Orbit shaders.

Jinjo

Depends on how many motes you have left. I would reroll for FS and Outlaw. Or a version without FS but with spray and play and luck in the chamber/final round. But keep it if you're uncertain. Buy another one.

Anyone looking for good Timur rolls, listen to this man. You atleast want field scout with another good perk (crowd control/grenadier). And if you don't get field scout a reload perk is an absolute must in combination with final round/luck in the chamber. My previous Lash for instance was Spray & Play, Flared Magwell & Crowd Control. As you see no FS, but the reload was so good it didn't matter. The reload was so fast it didn't lose the CC bonus after reload. Don't blow all your motes chasing the rabbit though. If you get a decent roll then settle for it and buy another.

ocean

Banned
Anyone looking for good Timur rolls, listen to this man. You atleast want field scout with another good perk (crowd control/grenadier). And if you don't get field scout a reload perk is an absolute must in combination with final round/luck in the chamber. My previous Lash for instance was Spray & Play, Flared Magwell & Crowd Control. As you see no FS, but the reload was so good it didn't matter. The reload was so fast it didn't lose the CC bonus after reload. Don't blow all your motes chasing the rabbit though. If you get a decent roll then settle for it and buy another.
As we speak, Bungie is canceling Destiny 2 and focusing efforts on an offshore online gambling service. Rahool Will be their Blackjack dealer's name.

SkylineRKR

Yeah I wasted 40 motes on 2 Lashes and got this:

-Spray and play, luck in the chamber, perfect balance/flared magwell.
-Outlaw, Field scout, Crowd Control.

I love the Fatebringer, so the second one is sort of like it.

Rhaegar

Sweet group with Rtas tonight. Thanks again for inviting me. Evolve (not sure if that is your GAF avatar), thanks for jumping in and sticking it out.

I managed to snag me the sparrow and the Mytho!

This is Ev0lved1. Thanks for the run! Was my first hard Atheon clear and of course I pulled the Vex. Isn't that they way it goes? Happy to run with you guys anytime.

Jinjo

As we speak, Bungie is canceling Destiny 2 and focusing efforts on an offshore online gambling service. Rahool Will be their Blackjack dealer's name.

I fear the day rerolling is available for regular legendaries lol.

Yeah I wasted 40 motes on 2 Lashes and got this:

-Spray and play, luck in the chamber, perfect balance/flared magwell.
-Outlaw, Field scout, Crowd Control.

Those are really good lashes. The first one reminds me of my old one. Spray & Play + Flared Magwell is insanely good. On average I blow about 20 motes per gun too. Got 26 left for the RL and a second Lash. Saving the AR rerolls (have two) for a next IB. Focused fire is a necessity on those.

Commendations are kind of useless right now since a few weeks after TDB we all had enough gear and the 2-3 weapons we wanted to buy.

I propose making commendations useful again by using them as a currency to buy faction shaders. I'd happily pay a few commendations for the Dead Orbit shaders.

Yea because it takes 150 marks just to use 1 commendation haha

Went like 3-3 for IB using my stock Vita including a 4 kill streak with blade dancer at the very end to come from behind and win by 115! So intense and fun. I need to upload the video tomorrow.

Got around 1.0 k/d so it was surprising decent. I need to invest in grips and whatnot.

Every kill felt sooo good. Just wait until tomorrow when I get to use the regular sticks. Goodnight dgaf

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, this game feels like work. I don't know how normal people play this game, but I think I understand why someone casual wouldn't complain about the lack of content/repeating content.

The average person isn't going to farm 40k glimmer in order to get enough radiant shards to get 3 characters to 32. Hell, the average player isn't even going to play the hard raid until probably the time that House of Wolves comes out, if ever.

I'm not sure if this is good design in that it on the normal end of the curve, people don't notice problems with glimmer cap and mark cap and all that stuff, or just the logical conclusion of grind heavy games where the most dedicated players feel the most worn out because of the never ending treadmill.

Shito

Jesus 3rd Straight Package with full goodies:
GGb3Zr1.jpg
This should be a standard package.
Bungie, you listened by upping the minimum number of coins the nightfall can drop, now listen again and guarantee at least a legendary for every faction package!
These things take time to level up, having them deliver most of the time the same rewards as a public event is bullshit.

Man, this game feels like work. I don't know how normal people play this game, but I think I understand why someone casual wouldn't complain about the lack of content/repeating content.

The average person isn't going to farm 40k glimmer in order to get enough radiant shards to get 3 characters to 32. Hell, the average player isn't even going to play the hard raid until probably the time that House of Wolves comes out, if ever.

I'm not sure if this is good design in that it on the normal end of the curve, people don't notice problems with glimmer cap and mark cap and all that stuff, or just the logical conclusion of grind heavy games where the most dedicated players feel the most worn out because of the never ending treadmill.
CASUALS, right guys?

Jinjo

Yea because it takes 150 marks just to use 1 commendation haha

Exactly. I earn about two commendations a week on my main, one for each of my alts. So, I get 8 commendations by the time I reach 150 marks. (this is vanguard btw) The earning model is skewed as fuck and (again) not properly thought through.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
CASUALS, right guys?
When you spend about 2 hours farming glimmer at the Vault of Glass, you wonder what they were thinking when they designed a lot of these systems.

Did they actually want people to do that? Or alternatively, play the first part of Exclusion Zone over and over again? It feels like a F2P treadmill but without the "escape" of being able to just pay to skip the work.

When you spend about 2 hours farming glimmer at the Vault of Glass, you wonder what they were thinking when they designed a lot of these systems.

Did they actually want people to do that? Or alternatively, play the first part of Exclusion Zone over and over again? It feels like a F2P treadmill but without the "escape" of being able to just pay to skip the work.
all this required the casuals comment

Raybunny

Those of you doing iron banner, do you think it's possible to get to rank 5 in one day if I use the buff and put in some work?

Some work wont cut it out. A lot of work will do though, I would say 10h +/-. I just started playing Iron banner this week and am almost rank 4 that without many bounties completed.

joecanada

Ya I can't disagree there feels very f2p at times

joecanada

What does GAF think of this Timur's lash roll?
Outlaw
Perfect balance/explosive rounds
Grenadier
Keep or reroll? The only perk I'm really looking for was outlaw. Kinda wish it had field scout, but the perfect balance also makes a huge difference.

I always forget the names but I'm looking for a copy of my old red hand which was all reload speed, range, stability.
In general it appears that in destiny making up a weapons weak points is priority one.
For instance increasing range on a scout is not that important as they can shoot mostly anywhere, but increase range on a pistol is pretty good.
My lash will have max stability, reload, range to go with the crazy impact. I have 100 motes for this

Jinjo

Yes

And no. The buff will at 150% so it won't take anywhere near as long as 8 hours taking bounties into consideration

Okay, not exactly 8 hours, but you should be prepared to put in quite a bit of time. A rank yesterday took me a little over an hour with handing in a few bounties, so say it's better today but that's still atleast 4 hours of play. That's a sure test of someone's patience and tolerance lol. The constant lag makes it feel like 8 hours haha.

Top Bottom