• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Ryck

I need help today GAF. I am on a quest to get the Fatebringer before the reset. I need a hard mode Templar checkpoint and five brave souls to try and beat him three times. I'll be on in about an hour. Anyone willing?

PS4
1. Ryck007
2. silvertoguebr
3. HAL-x9000 ( I joined your 5 person raid and I got the boot, come-on man)
4. CraigerGamer
5. TPDK

Getting the CP from a group now an then Ill have it for 2 or 3 more runs.

Jinjo

Well that was one productive evening. Thanks to everyone that joined in on the glimmer farming. Got myself three Radagast's Fury and Two extra Lashes.

Two of the Radagast rolled into Proximity Detonation, Flared Magwell and Clown Cartridge. Both of them with exactly the same middle perk tree too. One void and one arc. Perfect, just what I wanted.

One Lash rolled Outlaw, Field Scout & Crowd Control first. Best Handcannon roll I've ever gotten. First reroll as well. Went to town with 20+ motes at the other one, kept going right until it drained all of my motes and that ended up with Spray and Play, Field Scout and Third Eye. Decent enough. Already had a Rangefinder, Field Scout, Grenadier Lash from earlier in the week too. That one is going to be good on my Warlock. Grenades everywhere.

Unfortunately I didn't have enough motes anymore to reroll my final Radagast so that one is stock for now. Will keep it in the bank until Saladin decides to visit us again.

With all the extra glimmer and xp from farming I got my Warlock to level 32 as well.

Now I'm gonna take a break for a few days/till the weekend, ugh.

phen0m24

Should we come up with a GAF clan everyone can be in? Instead of being scattered around dozen inactive ones. I would just like to see the clan names match up when we play crucible :(

Or we can all join Greenymac's clan... How bout that Greeny? :p

Would be down for the first but the second: I've played with Greeny. Lol egads

Lol screw using blade dancer. Golden Gun up! Down goes the shield and everyone in it.

Yeah but when you have 6 bubble titans, you get infinite supers. As soon as you pop first bubble I can build a second one in split second, what you gonna do about that?

Now bladedancers, they don't give a shit about bubbles, or being blind.

JTran2003

So, I just would like to say briefly that I am fine with cheezing stuff.

Now that thats out of the way, I would like to make it clear that I am not ok with playing with people that have never done it legitimately.
It is mind numbing to play with people that try to use tactics from a cheese in a normal run.
Or wasting time in spots that need haste(Crota encounter).

I have had to bail out teams with my hunter, even though I was trying to get it done on my other 2 characters, just because we couldn't get people working in sync, or blatantly failing.
I don't mind helping out either, but damnit, I need to get stuff to!

This is a little rant, and I don't want anyone to feel like they are being targeted.
I am very willing to give people a chance to try being a sword bearer for Crota, but would rather do it when neither of us are worried about loot.

Just my thoughts, please continue.

First ever raid with the lfg site was a nightmare like this. No one knew how to do it legit so it ended up taking longer then it should have. They were getting frustrated as well because they didn't know what to do. Tried giving advice/orders and no one would listen until they ran out ideas. Longest run ever and this was recent. Never again lfg.

Namikaze1

I wonder how many people know greeny's clan name off the top of their head, lol.

The problem with a Gaf clan is that "gaf" = "gay as fuck" to most of the internet. So we might have to leave that out of the name.
I brought this up in 4-5 OTs back. My friends kept wondering why I had that as my clan tag.

ocean

Banned
Guardians!

One of our regular reset raiders won't be available tomorrow, so we are looking to fill the spot. We run the full Crota raid 3 times, usually takes us under 2 hours.

We will be starting right after the reset happens tomorrow. If you would like to join us for all 3 back to back crota runs please quote this post with your PSN, class and level :)

1. noomi85
2. Nuszka
3. Messiek
4. Hyunsai
5 Tigerheli
6. ?
Noomi you full? I'd be down for 3x Crota at reset.

GutZ31

Yeah, I played with someone once who only ever cheesed and it was pretty frustrating. We basically treated him like a noob and taught him all the encounters legit. Apparently he wasn't paying attention because he still flipped when it was patched because he 'didn't know any other way'. RNGesus help us.

Yup.
It is completely fine with me leading people through how to do the raid.
What doesn't sit well with me is when they don't listen, don't want to listen, or argue with the plan.

This seems to happen more with stoners it seems in my playthroughs, so I just expect it when I hear some bubbling in the background.
I have only ever turned down a raid once because of the resistance to a simple plan.
And 4 hours after I denied doing it with them, They were still doing the raid... Lol.

First ever raid with the lfg site was a nightmare like this. No one knew how to do it legit so it ended up taking longer then it should have. They were getting frustrated as well because they didn't know what to do. Tried giving advice/orders and no one would listen until they ran out ideas. Longest run ever and this was recent. Never again lfg.

Oh man, that is horrible, and all too familiar.

Two swordbearers.

So GHorn required to be a swordrunner then? I've noticed that all of the bang up swordrunners partially rely on taking down the first swordbearer very quickly with GHorn. If there are two 33/34's running around, you won't have a chance if you have to rely on "normal" means to take down the swordbearer before Crota moves.

So, I just would like to say briefly that I am fine with cheezing stuff.

Now that thats out of the way, I would like to make it clear that I am not ok with playing with people that have never done it legitimately.
It is mind numbing to play with people that try to use tactics from a cheese in a normal run.
Or wasting time in spots that need haste(Crota encounter).

I have had to bail out teams with my hunter, even though I was trying to get it done on my other 2 characters, just because we couldn't get people working in sync, or blatantly failing.
I don't mind helping out either, but damnit, I need to get stuff to!

This is a little rant, and I don't want anyone to feel like they are being targeted.
I am very willing to give people a chance to try being a sword bearer for Crota, but would rather do it when neither of us are worried about loot.

Just my thoughts, please continue.

GutZ, I was thinking about the Crota run with you the other night when I posted this. I know that I need to work on communication if running the sword, but I also believe that it's near impossible to be the sword runner in a PUG without having a GHorn to down the first swordbearer right quick.

Here's what I've been seeing. In a PUG, everyone either takes to long to kill the SB and Crota moves, or they waste all of their heavies on the SB and they can't take down Crota's shields. At that point the sword runner gets only one shot at him (if that), not the standard two, and everything falls apart. The PUG looses faith in the sword runner and stops wasting heavy packs, or the sword runner gets frustrated and stops giving it their all.

Whenever an experienced sword runner comes in to "save the day", he almost always has a GHorn, and basically solo's Crota with a bit more help from the group then the original guy since the group is confident again.

Yeah but when you have 6 bubble titans, you get infinite supers. As soon as you pop first bubble I can build a second one in split second, what you gonna do about that?

Now bladedancers, they don't give a shit about bubbles, or being blind.

You don't think 6 golden gunners wouldn't have those bubble down and titans killed before they could put them back up? Don't make me laugh. Iv done it enough to titans to know how this works.

Combustion can kill everyone in a single bubble.

cilonen

I wonder if they're just gonna replace him. They need to do something better than what we got in TDB. It doesn't even make sense to have her chatting to you during a strike. Is she fucking spying on us or something?

Most likely. It is only one line.

They should just cut up whatever dialogue he recorded and narrate the rest of the story Cassetteboy style.

TP-DK

Just had a rumble match on Blind Watch where a Guy would hide under the broken ceiling between a and b, and then his friend would jump down to him to get killed. Worst part is he fucking won by doing that. I always spawned at the C part so I could never get over there in time.

On another note, after only using full auto weapons like Suros and Vex in PvP, I decided to try the Hawkmoon. Holy shit its fun to use! Im still not that good with it, but its a lot more satisfying killing with it compared to Vex. I also tried the Thorn and its Awesome too, though I thibk I prefer the Hawkmoon. You guys using handcannons, do you hip fire with them or ads?

bubbleboy.gif

Rubenov

Just had a rumble match on Blind Watch where a Guy would hide under the broken ceiling between a and b, and then his friend would jump down to him to get killed. Worst part is he fucking won by doing that. I always spawned at the C part so I could never get over there in time.

On another note, after only using full auto weapons like Suros and Vex in PvP, I decided to try the Hawkmoon. Holy shit its fun to use! Im still not that good with it, but its a lot more satisfying killing with it compared to Vex. I also tried the Thorn and its Awesome too, though I thibk I prefer the Hawkmoon. You guys using handcannons, do you hip fire with them or ads?

Hawkmoon is ADS unless they're right up in your face

GutZ31

GutZ, I was thinking about the Crota run with you the other night when I posted this. I know that I need to work on communication if running the sword, but I also believe that it's near impossible to be the sword runner in a PUG without having a GHorn to down the first swordbearer right quick.

Here's what I've been seeing. In a PUG, everyone either takes to long to kill the SB and Crota moves, or they waste all of their heavies on the SB and they can't take down Crota's shields. At that point the sword runner gets only one shot at him (if that), not the standard two, and everything falls apart. The PUG looses faith in the sword runner and stops wasting heavy packs, or the sword running gets frustrated and stops giving it their all.

Whenever an experienced sword runner comes in to "save the day", he almost always has a GHorn, and basically solo's Crota with a bit more help from the group then the original guy since the group is confident again.

YOU, you did fine for your time. We spent WAY too long letting the other guy try it, and it just spoiled the encounter as a whole.
I fully agree that me running GHorn, and all that made a massive difference, and know you could do the same given just a few more runs.
(BTW, I know for a fact that you have done the raid legit, so you aren't even on the frustration list)

That run was a nightmare for both of us, if not all involved lol.
I want to run Crota with you, and have you get use to sword bearing, because us hunters gotta stick together.

You don't think 6 golden gunners wouldn't have those bubble down and titans killed before they could put them back up? Don't make me laugh. Iv done it enough to titans to know how this works.

Combustion can kill everyone in a single bubble.

Well if you have six golden guns active at the same time and same spot then anything is possible.

joecanada

thorn is pretty bad hipfire , but you can actually pull a quick shot up close and one-punch weaker dudes.... one more thorn shot after if your unlucky... of course the better option is to have your close quarters secondary out but that's not always feasible.

noomi

Yeah sorry can't be there at reset tomorrow, will be around soon after on Wednesday for the hard mode though

No worries bud, I'll be raiding Wednesday as well for hard mode. I have to be at work though, so I won't be able to until after 3PM EST.

You still need one? I'd be down. Rubenov25 lvl 32 warlock

Awesome, I'll let the rest of the guys know. We are starting right at the reset, will send out party chat invite.

Noomi you full? I'd be down for 3x Crota at reset.

Sorry Javier, rubenov got to it first, if anything changes or if we need another I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks.

Top Bottom