• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Any regular crucible train starting in 1-2 hours? I'm about to head to the gym but I've been beasting on kids in crucible and I want to keep this up. People really underestimate my level 22 Sunlock.

Last game I got 37 kills with a 4.11 k/d and the closest person after me only got 12 kills. . he was level 7 (430 grimoire card). . my back hurts from carrying these teams.

AP7mEIZ.jpg

probably nothing revelatory but the omnigul strike is decent for glimmer

ether seed + black wax idol at beginning another black wax idol at the end

joecanada

Any regular crucible train starting in 1-2 hours? I'm about to head to the gym but I've been beasting on kids in crucible and I want to keep this up. People really underestimate my level 22 Sunlock.

Last game I got 37 kills with a 4.11 k/d and the closest person after me only got 12 kills. . he was level 7 (430 grimoire card). . my back hurts from carrying these teams.

i think you are on my friends list but if not and you are still grinding at about 530 PST add me.

anyone have an estimate for today with all buffs how long to go from Lvl 4 to LVL 5 in IB?

YOU, you did fine for your time. We spent WAY too long letting the other guy try it, and it just spoiled the encounter as a whole.
I fully agree that me running GHorn, and all that made a massive difference, and know you could do the same given just a few more runs.
(BTW, I know for a fact that you have done the raid legit, so you aren't even on the frustration list)

That run was a nightmare for both of us, if not all involved lol.
I want to run Crota with you, and have you get use to sword bearing, because us hunters gotta stick together.

Absolutely. I didn't need the kill, and felt weird ordering your friends around (especially since I haven't killed him yet). I didn't realize that you needed the drop until it was too late to right the ship. Some day I'll get to run it in a group where I know everyone, and they all have experience.

Wow this destiny app is super helpful. An actual map of the tower!

One thing though, it says I've got a "daily chapter," according to the app, and I don't know how to get it. I did get a daily story mission from the Eris mon vendor, and haven't completed it. Is that why I can't access the next daily?

i think you are on my friends list but if not and you are still grinding at about 530 PST add me.

anyone have an estimate for today with all buffs how long to go from Lvl 4 to LVL 5 in IB?

I think we have each other as friends, I should still be on so yea I'll follow up with you around then.

GutZ31

Absolutely. I didn't need the kill, and felt weird ordering your friends around (especially since I haven't killed him yet). I didn't realize that you needed the drop until it was too late to right the ship. Some day I'll get to run it in a group where I know everyone, and they all have experience.

Shoot, We could 2 man Crota if we do it right.
I don't mind running it with you sometime just to critique you into a Crota killing machine.

Sword running is extremely fun when you know the group and they're patient.I remember spending hours with gatti, gibbshift a-snapp and people slowly getting experience and learning how to wield the sword properly.

TP-DK

Hawkmoon is ADS unless they're right up in your face

thorn is pretty bad hipfire , but you can actually pull a quick shot up close and one-punch weaker dudes.... one more thorn shot after if your unlucky... of course the better option is to have your close quarters secondary out but that's not always feasible.

Cool, I just sometime stumble upon players with handcannons that downed me so quick, that I was affraid I was doing it wrong by using ads with my handcannon.

Obviously The Last Word is probably best with hipfire.

How many R2 hits total does it take to kill Crota as a lvl 32 sword runner? I feel like the groups I have been running with I am happy to get two hits in per down sometimes. The timing goes to shit when playing with randoms. If I could consistently get three R2 hits on Crota per down I would be really happy.

Just had a rumble match on Blind Watch where a Guy would hide under the broken ceiling between a and b, and then his friend would jump down to him to get killed. Worst part is he fucking won by doing that. I always spawned at the C part so I could never get over there in time.

On another note, after only using full auto weapons like Suros and Vex in PvP, I decided to try the Hawkmoon. Holy shit its fun to use! Im still not that good with it, but its a lot more satisfying killing with it compared to Vex. I also tried the Thorn and its Awesome too, though I thibk I prefer the Hawkmoon. You guys using handcannons, do you hip fire with them or ads?

TLW hip fire at close range. All other hand cannons ADS

rNilla

I was thinking of running CE at least through the first two parts tomorrow to try and get the chest for my Hunter but then I remembered even if I get it I won't have enough shards to level it up for Wednesday. :(

Not unless I run all three characters through Normal CE tomorrow, anyway, which I don't really want to do.

Is there any better machine gun for PVP besides corrective measures?

Right now I feel like I have the ultimate PVP loadout: Hawkmoon/Secret Handshake/Corrective Measures

ethomaz

Banned
How many R2 hits total does it take to kill Crota as a lvl 32 sword runner? I feel like the groups I have been running with I am happy to get two hits in per down sometimes. The timing goes to shit when playing with randoms.
If I'm remember it takes 3 runs (Crota shield down) with a lvl 32... if you did one per turn then after the Ogers will you kill Crota.

I don't mind running it with you sometime just to critique you into a Crota killing machine.

I'll need to practice jumping with my blade dancer to follow in your footsteps. Maybe I'll just leave that subclass on for a week to get used to it.

Would enjoy that or being part of that. You guys both rock.

The start of a dream team right there.

I like you for the impersonations and funny, not for your GHorn. I swear.

Cruxist

Awwww yeah. Finally got my Efrideet's spear. Re-rolled it and I got the near perfect version.

Solar
Rodeo
Field Scout
Final Round

Would have preferred something other than solar, but hey, I finally got that drop so who cares!

Is there any better machine gun for PVP besides corrective measures?

Right now I feel like I have the ultimate PVP loadout: Hawkmoon/Secret Handshake/Corrective Measures
I still rock The Swarm. If I'm not using an exotic then I use Thunderlord. And I actually have a white machine gun I use but I don't remember the name of it, but it kills fools in like 3 shots because the impact is ridiculously high.

Is the drop sword and blink strike technique a give for hunter sword runners? I need to find a group that has the patience to let me try to get that technique down.

What are some common do's and don'ts of sword running master-sword GAF? Is there an agreed upon escape technique? I feel that fucker can hit you from two miles away.

There are gunslingers that don't use combustion?
My life has been a lie this whole time...
oh_god_what_have_i_done.gif

I don't get the PVP in destiny and I don't like it but just thinking about golden gunning people and getting double kills with combustion makes me wanna run home right now and play some crucible

GutZ31

I'll need to practice jumping with my blade dancer to follow in your footsteps. Maybe I'll just leave that subclass on for a week to get used to it.

The start of a dream team right there.

I like you for the impersonations and funny, not for your GHorn. I swear.

I feel so used.
(Cries on Gjallarhorn)

Namikaze1

Tomorrow better be Winter's Run! You can't give all these Winter's Run bounties these past several days and not make it this week's Nightfall/Weekly! Seriously, when was the last time we had this as a Nightfall/Weekly?

Also, shit better be all burns!

I don't get the PVP in destiny and I don't like it but just thinking about golden gunning people and getting double kills with combustion makes me wanna run home right now and play some crucible

It's effective when people are all bunched up on a control point. The combustion animation should be more instant though. Should be changed like the Firefly/Ice Breaker exploding animation.

I'm here. I see you and Forrest doing solo stuff. I'm guessing we need 3 more?

I'm trying to get my last IB win in the meantime.

Ok. Lets dtart this list again. I think ruck found another group.

1. Silver
2. Xplicit
3. Forrest

This is for Atheon hard. Starting on the best possible checkpoint.

Top Bottom