• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

TP-DK

Just got a medal called Space Magic in Clash. I think its for killing four players with one Nova Bomb, but Im not sure.

Is there a general pool for all the hard mode rumors running about? Every time I join a fireteam I hear something different. I feel like I'm in Elementary school and Destiny is the playground full of guardians with uncles working for Nintendo.

Nice job outing yourself as an old man.

I remember those days too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I like them all in a way. Ominghul needed to be more epic considering she is second to Crota. Kind of cheap to kill her in the middle of some random place.

Thank you so much! My connection was a bit rough but Gjally made up for it.

Dude i thought it was just me. My damage imput wouldnt even show up. Crazy lag.

Now that i'm done with weekly, time for vog:

1. Silver
2. Xplicit
3. Forrest
4. Cool breeze
5. Coy

This is for Atheon hard. Starting on the best possible checkpoint.

Namikaze1

Please, Bungie! Don't make it Will of Crota! I'll stop cheating the loot system if you make it something else, preferably Winter's Run!

boofa

Neo Member
Awwww yeah. Finally got my Efrideet's spear. Re-rolled it and I got the near perfect version.

Solar
Rodeo
Field Scout
Final Round

Would have preferred something other than solar, but hey, I finally got that drop so who cares!

Don't hate me, but my second spear drop needed no reroll and had the exact same stats but void damage. I was pretty stoked about that.

Long shot, but I have a group that is going for flawless on VoG. I am very confident we can get it, but we don't have a sixth. Anyone experienced and want to give it a go?

Baahhh, apologies to IB team, wife came home suddenly and had all sorts of not-really-emergency emergencies to attend to, shit was getting hectic. I'll be back later for some real matches.

@Rubenov: you are definitely right about the whole team rushing C spawn on SoT since even if people die they should be able to flip spawns there as long as we still have people there while some of the other team is capping B.

It still would have worked out that round except (i) we were playing a good team, (ii) wife got me "out of the zone" as the Banned Belgian would say, and (iii) my non-Gaf friend was scrubbing the fuck out of it ("weakest link" --> broken chain).

Dude i thought it was just me. My damage imput wouldnt even show up. Crazy lag.

Now that i'm done with weekly, time for vog:

1. Silver
2. Xplicit
3. Forrest
4. Cool breeze
5. Coy

This is for Atheon hard. Starting on the best possible checkpoint.
I was talking about my remote play connection, but you are right. There was some weird shit going on with our connection to the server. It wouldn't even process my white nails on my black hammer.

Nice job outing yourself as an old man.

I remember those days too.

Hahaha, I'm a 'youngin!
I'm sure kids are still making things up about games on the playground today, I can see the amiibo/Skylander "super secret special edition" stories now.

That guy with Fate of all Fools is the real life version of these stories.

Ryck

I need help today GAF. I am on a quest to get the Fatebringer before the reset. I need a hard mode Templar checkpoint and five brave souls to try and beat him three times. I'll be on in about an hour. Anyone willing?

PS4
1. Ryck007
2. silvertoguebr
3. HAL-x9000
4. CraigerGamer
5. TPDK

Wasn't able to get the CP so we are back to square one... Templar Check point anyone?

Id be willing to trade for an Atheon HM CP.

coy

I keep forgetting to:

1) Not leave fireteam closed when I'm about to group with folks

2) Not leave fireteam when not in party chat thinking I can still communicate with folks

I'll be in orbit contemplating life and the universe.

Ok, so the primary thing to learn to do while holding the sword is to be way more confident than you usually are.
Thats a big motherfucker up there, and you are going to take him down.
First step completed.

Now that you aren't scared of him, its time to be in control of the fireteam.
You, as the sword bearer must be vocal, quick to action, and versatile.
Blade dancer makes this encounter go much smoother than using golden gun, but it can be done with either class.

You must use your heavy, secondary, grenades, to take out the swordbearer as soon as he steps out the gate.
This is key to making sure the enrage timer is not met.
Also, try to only kill the swordbearer when Crota is in the center, not left or right.
Being close to the swordbearer to pick it up quickly and down to business is key, but so is staying alive, so make sure that after you have your fun R2ing Crota, you bring the chalice to everyone that needs it.

Take that chalice back though, because now we need to cut crota.
After you pick up the sword, call it to the other fireteam members, jump up to the rock on the left side of crota, and crouch, after about 3 seconds, tell your team to fire.
If you did this correctly, you should have gone invisible, and have jumped up top with crota, and be able to start hitting him as he's kneeling.
If you timed it right, and get to him before he is already kneeling, you will get 4 R2's in him.
Drop the sword by pressing the Triangle button, then R1 Crota's leg, after you are invisible again, pick the sword up, and wait for crota to turn back from being orange/yellow.
Tell your team to fire again, and get ready to get 3/4 more R2's into crota.
You must be using extended invisibility, and blink strike to get this to work.

Jump away, and while pushing away from crota, you can use R1 to attack the air, and move quickly away. It will likely disappear as you do this, but it is the best way to stay alive.

Rinse and repeat.
Make sure you do it 2 times, then retreat to bottom center room, so you and your fireteam can take out ogres.
wait for crota to start moving back to center before moving out.
Make sure you are doing damage right away to the swordbearer, and your fireteam needs to tell you when they are done with clearing boomers and thralls.
After your fireteam is safe*, you should quickly finish off the swordbearer, and get into position.
And there you go.
Thats my tactic, but make sure you are comfortable with the group, and friction is to a minimum.

Cool, thanks for the tips.

Just done my first hard mode VoG with LFGers (bit of a disaster) but ended up with Corrective Measure and Vex Mythoclast.
Just wondering if you guys have any preferred weapons for VoG runs?

Top Bottom