• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Deku Tree

Does anyone have a normal GK checkpoint that they can share with me on PS4?
I need to glimmer farm really really bad...

Jaleel

Got Hawkmoon and 2 Legendary engrams as a reward from a ROC strike last night. I could not believe it. Have all 3 exotic hand cannons now. RNGesus is good.

yea, people were excited for the new guns. but now that most people here have them and the Necrochasm turned out to be garbage, most people don't even care anymore.

i finally got the Crota helmet yesterday, will grind that out to max and then go on a hiatus until House of Wolves hits, there's just nothing more to achieve until then as we know all guns and armors will have to be replaced with HoW versions then anyways :p

Really stupid way of limiting armor variety when the only viable(best) armor is that one single set from the latest raid :/

My timing sucks. Got the game in December. Started raiding in January. After realizing that the randoms leading my first raids didn't know what they were talking about, I took things into my own hands and as of the last couple weeks, I can now lead normal and hard VoG and CE.

And as my knowledge/ability has gone up, general interest from hardcore players has declined. It seems impossible to find people who are committed enough to do the hard raids 3x but 1. don't already have a group and 2. don't already have all they want from one or both.

Nuszka

Players>>>>>>Destiny

That is my main reason right now as well, to be honest i never used to talk to other gamers online , not just communicate, met some really nice people here on gaf. Will definitly be playing it once a week just to keep in touch. But i can not stress any more about the release date of HoW , it can not release so late , the game will be dead by then , and may 19th - come on it is the same day Witcher 3 releases , have no words for that. I do not belive Acti will allow it. No chance it will hinder their sales.

LiK

anyone found themselves sometimes just chatting with Gaffers here and idling or running around the Tower aimlessly?

EL CUCO

Did you get the HM Abyss done last night? I wanted to finish it with everyone but I had to wake up early. Is there any reliable legit strat for the lamps?
CE HM raid trying to steal my sleep!
Lol no worries man. We got alot done last night and had a ton of fun teaching our baby samurais. After you left, Predator bailed too and Timba was basically AFK the rest of the way but we got it done!

We also basically 3 manned the bridge since Timba got booted from the game for inactivity. Finally learned how to do it with all Titans. We stopped at DS. Hopefully Crota is behaving himself tonight so we can rock out 3 Crotus kills.

Of all things, the Abyss is our Kryptonite and I think we finally started getting the hang of it towards the end.

LTWood12

I swear if I surpass 30 runs of VoG without a Fatebringer, I might just give up on it.

FATEBRINGER IS MINE! BEST DAY EVER. FATEBRINGER AND GJALLARHORN IN ONE DAY!

Just completed Crota HM with Dr.Drizzle, SlenderBeans, LTWOOD, and other Gaffer's.

What a great team to play and beat Crota HM with. They were patient and knew how to react to every situation that came up and they carried me threw it. I loved it.

Now for Crota HM.

Fuck that shit. My heart was racing at Crota's end.

I am never playing Crota HM again. I will play and plan on playing Crota Normal mode tomorrow though.
Even though I don't plan on doing Crota HM again I recommend that you should at least try and beat him once. There's this weird satisfaction on knowing you killed crota when he's supposedly at his worst.

Yes slender! So happy for you!

You did a fantastic job Gridlock, especially at the end. I don't know how you managed to stay alive in the middle of all that shit!

HM Crota is definitely a frustrating bastard. Even with a good team, you're dealing with factors outside your control, like Crota just deciding he'd rather not kneel. But it's so satisfying when you kill him. I bet you'll be back for more at some point.

comphermc

Neo Member
You've gotta love that Crota fight: https://gfycat.com/LateBogusBorderterrier

GIF Version:
LateBogusBorderterrier.gif

noomi

Got Hawkmoon and 2 Legendary engrams as a reward from a ROC strike last night. I could not believe it. Have all 3 exotic hand cannons now. RNGesus is good.

Damn, I've been chasing the hawkmoon in roc strikes for the last 3 weeks. I'll post my log of entries once I hit 100.

dB Viper

This is getting so beyond annoying.

2 Normal Crota clears, all I get are energies.

Still have yet to get Light of the Abyss, Hunger of Crota and Swordbreaker.

Does anyone have a normal GK checkpoint that they can share with me on PS4?
I need to glimmer farm really really bad...

Join up, sent you invite. I'm at normal gatekeepers. Will switch to my titan once you join, then we can farm some glimmer.

Anyone else for glimmer train? Join on ruthlesbarbarian

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Finished VoG again, got another Fatebringer + Vex Mytho
It's like a weekly occurrence for me now getting these...

Deku Tree

Join up, sent you invite. I'm at normal gatekeepers. Will switch to my titan once you join, then we can farm some glimmer.

Anyone else for glimmer train? Join on ruthlesbarbarian

Thanks!

I have normal GK checkpoint Deku, doing VoG atm, but free afterwards to give it to ya

As soon as it stops telling me that 'destiny servers are not available'

Got it from DeathJr thanks!

Lol no worries man. We got alot done last night and had a ton of fun teaching our baby samurais. After you left, Predator bailed too and Timba was basically AFK the rest of the way but we got it done!

We also basically 3 manned the bridge since Timba got booted from the game for inactivity. Finally learned how to do it with all Titans. We stopped at DS. Hopefully Crota is behaving himself tonight so we can rock out 3 Crotus kills.

Of all things, the Abyss is our Kryptonite and I think we finally started getting the hang of it towards the end.

Glad to hear it. I usually do NF& Weekly with Byron on Weds. I haven't heard back from him yet...

Copen

Banned
Finished VoG again, got another Fatebringer + Vex Mytho
It's like a weekly occurrence for me now getting these...

Wish I had another Fatebringer. Noticed yesterday running Crota HM my maxed FB does slightly more damage than my maxed Fang Of Ir Yut was kinda surprised.

noomi

I think it was posted in a previous OT thread, but I can't seem to find it.

How are you guys getting these gifs of destiny in-game footage?

TheOddOne

Massive, massive, massive props to AlienOutsida for helping (*Cough* Carrying *Cough*) me though this week's Nightfall.

Jaleel

Damn, I've been chasing the hawkmoon in roc strikes for the last 3 weeks. I'll post my log of entries once I hit 100.

Broooooo. I've been hoping to get Hawkmoon for so long now. I have like 700 hours played maybe more. My younger sister got it from the first weekly she ever did and has been rubbing it my face for the longest. NOT ANYMORE SIS!

Posted in the old OT accidentally last night. Great job everyone! #teamlasttry does it again!

Thanks everyone for last night. It was awesome. I finally beat (was part of a team that beat) Crota on Hard mode. (Even though all I did was dodge the gatekeeper with a slither of health left while you all did all the work) **cough** **cough**
I got the head piece. Level 32 Will be mine soon. Crota HM ritiree right here.

Top Bottom