• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Nuszka

So just saw a video of completing entire CE without shooting no bullets - speechless. Then I saw Crota being dawned in one sword run on hard - double speechless. Which class is it only possible with ?

LiK

He does that sometimes. I think it's due to the patch fixing the disconnect glitch.

Sometimes feels like an understatement. :) He only did it once when we did the triple down tactic, but we wipe quite a lot during that tactic... We should try the tower tactic and see how it goes next time. Too many wipes during triple down yesterday.

Yup, the patch did something to his behavior. Bungie fucked up another raid boss fight thanks to their awful hot fixes. CE was totally fine before the update. Glitches were few and far In-between. I hate to be right but I was right they would ruin the raid with another desperate "fix"

Shito

So just saw a video of completing entire CE without shooting no bullets - speechless. Then I saw Crota being dawned in one sword run on hard - double speechless. Which class is it only possible with ?
I'd love a link to those videos. :)

Sometimes feels like an understatement. :) He only did it once when we did the triple down tactic, but we wipe quite a lot during that tactic... We should try the tower tactic and see how it goes next time. Too many wipes during triple down yesterday.

Do you _need_ two titans for tower tactic? Or is it just extra safe with two bubbles?
What tower tactic are you talking about? Putting two titan bubbles in the tower where the knights are at? You can have 1 titan handle both the knights by placing a bubble on the right or left slide thats near them. If one guy stands in it, the knights will shoot at the bubble the whole time as the swordbearer smacks Crota around. Well its safer to deal with the hallow ogre. But if you use a AP rounds on a sniper, you can shoot thro the wall he normally stands behind. Same goes for shooting the swordbearer when he is behind the rock.

Yup, the patch did something to his behavior. Bungie fucked up another raid boss fight thanks to their awful hot fixes. CE was totally fine before the update. Glitches were few and far In-between. I hate to be right but I was right they would ruin the raid with another desperate "fix"
They should have tested it more and release it with hard mode. Haha bungie and testing more in the same sentences..

bitsurugi

Did anyone else see the video of that group that downed Crota on hard with only one sword?

Yeah.

I personally don't fid it that impressive or effective as a strategy, since you:

a) need a big chunk of time to prep the fight

b) if Sworbearear knight decides to mess with you and plays the hide&seek when he spawns it will critically negate the 1 sword down, since Crota will move to the right

c) all 3 sword downs strats are imo too risky, since you have a 2-3 sec window of error (sword despawns etc)

d) you need lots of titans :)

On the other hand, if you have a group full of titans, you can use the orbs to easily take Crota down in 2 swords, although with the strat where you spawnkill the ogres... i dont find it hard to do in 3 swords.

No strat so far makes easier the hardest part of the Crota fight (or the part where most of the things can go wrong), which is the enrage part, since sword guy must go to the rock, come back and time it right to down Crota.

Lag is the real killer here in my experience, the fight itself is trivial, with te ledge/tower strat.

BTW, i find it way more impressive the no gun CE run, that was amazing imo!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Wow joined a Destinylfg group for 3x Atheon HM and we killed him with 5 people in one try each time. Good to see players who know what to do. That was really enjoyable.

Midas

What tower tactic are you talking about? Putting two titan bubbles in the tower where the knights are at? You can have 1 titan handle both the knights by placing a bubble on the right or left slide thats near them. If one guy stands in it, the knights will shoot at the bubble the whole time as the swordbearer smacks Crota around. Well its safer to deal with the hallow ogre. But if you use a AP rounds on a sniper, you can shoot thro the wall he normally stands behind. Same goes for shooting the swordbearer when he is behind the rock.

They should have tested it more and release it with hard mode. Haha bungie and testing more in the same sentences..

I'm thinking about the one where you attack Crota on left and right rather than in the middle. You know, run down and hide under the tower, wait for Crota to move to one side, kill the swordbearer and hit Crrota. Run to the other side and kill the ogres, kill swordbearer and attack Crota again. And down to the first tower... Not sure if there's a "name" for the tactics. :)

I'm thinking about the one where you attack Crota on left and right rather than in the middle. You know, run down and hide under the tower, wait for Crota to move to one side, kill the swordbearer and hit Crrota. Run to the other side and kill the ogres, kill swordbearer and attack Crota again. And down to the first tower... Not sure if there's a "name" for the tactics. :)
Ahh assuming you use the titan bubbles to protect everyone from the boomers? I never done that method before so I can't say much :p
Edit why am I posting a lot already? Meh later DestinyGAF I have a lot of reading to do..

TP-DK

I find that to be the most safe and easy tactic. As long as people dont fire a rocket in each others back there shouldnt be any complications.

Nuszka

Morning destiny gaf!

So did everyone get Hawkmoons while I was asleep?

Nah but people completed CE without shooting one bullet, then some managed to kill hard Crota with one sword lol , check the vids above.
Edit: Actually surprised how slow the thread moves, usually between my sleep time there would be about 30 extra pages, think it is only 7 since last night.

Midas

I find that to be the most safe and easy tactic. As long as people dont fire a rocket in each others back there shouldnt be any complications.

Yeah, I feel like it must be the most safe as well. The only problem is that every time we tried, Crota insta-killed me on enrage. But as I said, maybe it was really buggy/laggy when we tried. We have to try it again since it's really safe, and there's a lot more room for small mistakes than the triple down tactic.

LiK

Yeah, I feel like it must be the most safe as well. The only problem is that every time we tried, Crota insta-killed me on enrage. But as I said, maybe it was really buggy/laggy when we tried. We have to try it again since it's really safe, and there's a lot more room for small mistakes than the triple down tactic.

it's usually lag/glitches. even the most veteran of veterans here have trouble because of those issues.

MrS

Banned
Going to need some of you kind souls to carry my 31 Titan through the abyss and bridge sections of hard Crota later. I need that Titan armour and it doesn't want to drop during Normal runs :(

Midas

it's usually lag/glitches. even the most veteran of veterans here have trouble because of those issues.

Yeah, we'll see how it goes tonight. Need a working tactic to use when you're not fully synced with the fireteam. Triple down goes fine when I play with the "regulars", but not if there's fireteam members I'm not that used to playing with.

LiK

Yeah, we'll see how it goes tonight. Need a working tactic to use when you're not fully synced with the fireteam. Triple down goes fine when I play with the "regulars", but not if there's fireteam members I'm not that used to playing with.

i usually find that if you play with a new group, it takes about 3-4 tries to get the timing and strats down. but if someone is laggy or dying from dumb deaths, then it basically causes a wipe every time. had my fair share of playing in those conditions and it made me to never wanna play HM again. too punishing. i already got all the HM guns so i no longer have any desire to return to that hell.

Bradach

I was just looking through my gear and I realised that there are 10 slots for Ghosts. Why is that? Can you get a new ghost, an exotic ghost or something? What is the point?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Welp I had a goodnight sleep, roughly 15 hours worth...

GRX feels *Recharged*

noomi

Nah but people completed CE without shooting one bullet, then some managed to kill hard Crota with one sword lol , check the vids above.
Edit: Actually surprised how slow the thread moves, usually between my sleep time there would be about 30 extra pages, think it is only 7 since last night.

Holy shit just watched them.... wow!

LiK

i think a lot of people here are burnt out or moved on. thread activity has been declining drastically after CE HM came out. Once games like The Order and Bloodborne come out, I'm expecting a ghost town.

ocean

Banned
Hard Crota in one sword was cool but it's very luck based as a strategy. The Swordbearer's coming out of the closet sometimes takes a few extra seconds, or his pathfinding makes him hide annoyingly and this goes bust. A one sword kill hinges on perfect timing from the team but also the game. A bomb-ass swordsman too but GAF's got several of those (OP Dhruv for instance).

That no-gun run was amazing though :| no cheese, the entirety of Crota's End without shooting any guns. The power of Titan punching and bubbling has no limits.

i think a lot of people here are burnt out or moved on. thread activity has been declining drastically after CE HM came out.

Actually first week was insane. Thread moved really fast. After hard mode was "understood" and defeated things slowed down.

LiK

Actually first week was insane. Thread moved really fast. After hard mode was "understood" and defeated things slowed down.

yea, people were excited for the new guns. but now that most people here have them and the Necrochasm turned out to be garbage, most people don't even care anymore.

Midas

i think a lot of people here are burnt out or moved on. thread activity has been declining drastically after CE HM came out. Once games like The Order and Bloodborne come out, I'm expecting a ghost town.

Just imagine what it'll look like if HoW is actually coming in May.

Hyun Sai

I doubt that. OT16 was one of the fastest ever, and I see regularly new players joining. People expect this game to die every big release and been proven wrong everytime so far.

Top Bottom