• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

LiK

Still have 3 Gorgons Chest to open and 3 Atheons to defeat but no sign of Hawkmoon, Hard Light or Universal Remot yet...

if you can wait until tonight, i will gladly join you in Atheon HM

Just imagine what it'll look like if HoW is actually coming in May.

i'm not even hyped for it. i'll be checking back to see what if offers.

I doubt that. OT16 was one of the fastest ever, and I see regularly new players joining. People expect this game to die every big release and been proven wrong everytime so far.

we'll see.

ocean

Banned
i think a lot of people here are burnt out or moved on. thread activity has been declining drastically after CE HM came out. Once games like The Order and Bloodborne come out, I'm expecting a ghost town.
Most of us have most things we want in the game. We might be chasing the horn or the Vex but after CE primaries dropped, there's no loot incentive to play. I, and I guess many others, are now doing a few Raids and a few NFs per reset instead of multi-hour binges every day.

Truth is, content is starting to feel thin. I have no idea how many times I've beat the same Strikes. Like, it borders insanity :p and I do these over and over so I can grind Marks and XP and Rep and reward rolls, to get better loot....which I'll use to run the same strikes again. It's crazy.

Despite this, I'm sure activity won't completely dwindle. House of Wolves will bring the fresh back for a few months like CE did :)

noomi

i think a lot of people here are burnt out or moved on. thread activity has been declining drastically after CE HM came out. Once games like The Order and Bloodborne come out, I'm expecting a ghost town.

Yeah... I think this is the start of a slow sinking ship guys. It was inevitable :(

I feel like hard mode crota really left a bad taste in a lot of players mouths, and alienated the casual player base.

After a while all that will be left is the hardcore guys. We will see a spike when xur arrives, and when house of wolves comes out, and probably big announcements after that, but I think people are getting ready to move on.

LiK

Most of us have most things we want in the game. We might be chasing the horn or the Vex but after CE primaries dropped, there's no loot incentive to play. I, and I guess many others, are now doing a few Raids and a few NFs per reset instead of multi-hour binges every day.

Truth is, content is starting to feel thin. I have no idea how many times I've beat the same Strikes. Like, it borders insanity :p and I do these over and over so I can grind Marks and XP and Rep and reward rolls, to get better loot....which I'll use to run the same strikes again. It's crazy.

Despite this, I'm sure activity won't completely dwindle. House of Wolves will bring the fresh back for a few months like CE did :)

Most of us still playing are only playing for the holy grail loots. For me it's Hawkmoon, for others, it's Ballerhorn etc.

Yeah... I think this is the start of a slow sinking ship guys. It was inevitable :(

I feel like hard mode crota really left a bad taste in a lot of players mouths, and alienated the casual player base.

After a while all that will be left is the hardcore guys. We will see a spike when xur arrives, and when house of wolves comes out, and probably big announcements after that, but I think people are getting ready to move on.

Like I said, they should expand the Vault soon cuz that will probably keep gun collectors happy and keep playing to collect more loot.

Deal. Lets get noomi too and 3-man-kill Atheon!

The game still won't give us Hawkmoon... :(

we could always do Roc as well. :)

I agree with Lik, I constantly been mentioning I am burnt out. A good decent amount of the frequent posters have been playing since ~release and with noting till HoW, what are we to do? Iron Banner? some random other event? Its not much to keep the players playing IMO. The only weapon I am missing is the crux and frankly I really dont care about that. Dont even do bounties, dailies or max out my marks. The only reason I continue to play is due to the DestinyGaf and the groups I constantly play with, but they are beginning to drop off as well. Players>>>>>>Destiny

noomi

Tonight will be my last chance at the hawkmoon with 1 remaining hard mode crota kill, I won't hold my breath for it though.

Looks like it will be back to grinding roc strikes for the rest of the week :|

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
What is your class? I would recommend getting a exotic helmet since the raid helmet are the hardest drops. You can do VoG normal as a lvl26. You might be a tad bit squishy but thats alright. Well how much vanguard marks and crucible marks do you have as well?

im a titan. i'm gonna try get an exotic helmet cause i think the vanguard wanted 120 marks for their helmets. ideally exotic helmet (13 strange coins) and legendary chest (75 marks). will get my legendary gauntlets when xur visits.

i have 130 vanguard marks at the moment and hardly any crucible marks since i very rarely play it cause i'm terrible at it. i have 14 strange coins at the moment.

LiK

I agree with Lik, I constantly been mentioning I am burnt out. A good decent amount of the frequent posters have been playing since ~release and with noting till HoW, what are we to do? Iron Banner? some random other event? Its not much to keep the players playing IMO. The only weapon I am missing is the crux and frankly I really dont care about that. Dont even do bounties, dailies or max out my marks. The only reason I continue to play is due to the DestinyGaf and the groups I constantly play with, but they are beginning to drop off as well. Players>>>>>>Destiny

yea man, people like you is what keeps me playing but i'm pretty much done for the week if i don't get Hawkmoon to drop tonight. Got other games and crap to waste time on, lol

Last week really burned me out. 3 HM clears after over 15-20 hours put into just fighting crota. Some of that was helping others try to get it. Some was for my own personal loot.

However reset day I ran weeklys and NF back to back for the first time with couple of clan mates I haven't played with much and really enjoyed. I can deffo feel my interest in playing all the time slide away. But I will still get the weeklys/ NF and normal crota done each week.

Once they are done I will start working through the many games I've bought since destiny came out and haven't touched yet.

Midas

i'm not even hyped for it. i'll be checking back to see what if offers.

I'm always hyped for more Destiny content. But May is way off. I think I won't play more than nightfalls and easy Crota when the Crux drops for me. Until HoW that is. Not sure what Bungie is thinking if May is actually correct.

im a titan. i'm gonna try get an exotic helmet cause i think the vanguard wanted 120 marks for their helmets. ideally exotic helmet (13 strange coins) and legendary chest (75 marks). will get my legendary gauntlets when xur visits.

i have 130 vanguard marks at the moment and hardly any crucible marks since i very rarely play it cause i'm terrible at it. i have 14 strange coins at the moment.

I would wait till Xur arrives before you buy anything. Have you done the nightfall and weekly? You always have a chance of earning a exotic or legendary gear from the nightfall. The former is slim. The weekly heroic lvl 30 will provide you with 9 strange coins in addition to the 14 you already own. Are you on PS4 and do you have the DLC? I dont mind guiding
carrying :p
you through VoG or CE sometimes this weekend if you are unable to find a normal raid. But there are plenty of people here that will help out.

yea man, people like you is what keeps me playing but i'm pretty much done for the week if i don't get Hawkmoon to drop tonight. Got other games and crap to waste time on, lol
Yeah agreed. Will def be glad to play Bloodborne with you!

I'm always hyped for more Destiny content. But May is way off. I think I won't play more than nightfalls and easy Crota when the Crux drops for me. Until HoW that is. Not sure what Bungie is thinking if May is actually correct.

Maybe the reaction to TDB made them realise that HoW needs to be fucking better. Although I'm not holding out much hope for the story missions and strike. The raid is most likely gonna be the only thing worth playing again.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The Order is coming out this month, right? Might check that out. And I am taking a long break from Destiny after Bloodborne comes out.

noomi

I really hope that house of wolves comes march 10th and not in may... probably just old files left over with old dates.

I need this march 10th... need... this.

Midas

Maybe the reaction to TDB made them realise that HoW needs to be fucking better. Although I'm not holding out much hope for the story missions and strike. The raid is most likely gonna be the only thing worth playing again.

Yeah, perhaps. Question is; how many will bother come May? I'm with you in regards to the content, raids are where it's at.

Midas

The Order is coming out this month, right? Might check that out. And I am taking a long break from Destiny after Bloodborne comes out.

Yeah. I'm getting The Order for something new to play and Bloodborne in March. Might be something you can play until May (again, if HoW actually will drop in May.)

Jinjo

Exactly. I have a few more loadout-oriented goals still, like I want to level some extra 32-able armor for my Lock & Hunter. Level up one of each of the CE primaries and maybe an exotic or two. But aside from that I got most of the stuff I need or want.

Except for Praxic Fire offcourse.

I'm totally okay with HoW hitting april or may btw. I think a bit more time between dlc might be good and I definitely don't want Bungie to rush this out again with all sorts of dumb new progression systems that are not properly thought out like happened with TDB. Add some more content in there too. I don't get the: " I need this in march" sentiment, when we all know how lackluster TDB was.

I really hope that house of wolves comes march 10th and not in may... probably just old files left over with old dates.

I need this march 10th... need... this.

I agree that sooner is better, but if they need till may to come up with a really good raid, that's full of secrets and new elements, a lot like the VoG, then I can wait.

Take a break from destiny and come back once the content is out.

I don't want another half-baked raid.

Nice another destinyGAFer to play bloodborne with! Prob won't pick up any games till bloodborne, instead will attempt to dive into my massive backlog, school and helping my fellow destinygaffers like always.
I do admit this thread feels like "home" to me. It's the only thread I post a lot in and have gotten to know a lot of the community members.

Deku Tree

Going on 2hrs in the Abyss (no cheese)..

Worst part of HM CE by far, or we really suck.

Did you get the HM Abyss done last night? I wanted to finish it with everyone but I had to wake up early. Is there any reliable legit strat for the lamps?
CE HM raid trying to steal my sleep!

Jinjo

I agree that sooner is better, but if they need till may to come up with a really good raid, that's full of secrets and new elements, a lot like the VoG, then I can wait.

Sooner is definitely better, but I agree. This new DLC piece need some more time in the oven. Especially since this might be make or break to get a lot of people over the fence to buy future expansions such as Comet and the ones after. I certainly won't if they all offer TDB-like (lack of) content.

Lima

Xur better have heavy ammo synth this weekend Bungie. People are hungry for them. While I still have over 40 packs on each character I might not be helping other people out as much as I do now. The amount of lobbies I get into where people say that they need to farm glimmer to buy ammo packs before attempting Crota HM is ridiculous. Seriously Bungie.

noomi

You know what, you're right. Even if it does come may, that will give me some time to catch up to my tremendous backlog of games I've been neglecting since the release of Destiny.

Yeah. I'm getting The Order for something new to play and Bloodborne in March. Might be something you can play until May (again, if HoW actually will drop in May.)

Very much looking forward to The Order, I've been following it since the reveal. Completely forgot that it's coming this month.... February 20th... holy shit, that's only a few weeks away. Day 1 for me!

Bloodbourne.... meh, maybe if I have coop peeps to play with.

Hyun Sai

Going on 2hrs in the Abyss (no cheese)..

Worst part of HM CE by far, or we really suck.

I did it one time with a Destiny.lfg group, they had some interesting strat : 3 groups of 2 (A, B, C), each group throw nades at each lamp while the others do the shooting, and some good use of supers.

Went like a charm.

Lima

Did you get the HM Abyss done last night? I wanted to finish it with everyone but I had to wake up early. Is there any reliable legit strat for the lamps?
CE HM raid trying to steal my sleep!

The strat is everyone for themselves on hard really. If you don't have Mida Multi Tool you get left behind.

Namikaze1

My head fucking hurts so much. Ugh.

I don't feel like getting up from this bed. I'm too comfortable. But my PS4 and TV is so far away. Must do daily and quit.

Nice another destinyGAFer to play bloodborne with! Prob won't pick up any games till bloodborne, instead will attempt to dive into my massive backlog, school and helping my fellow destinygaffers like always.
I do admit this thread feels like "home" to me. It's the only thread I post a lot in and have gotten to know a lot of the community members.

Yeah, I'll likely pick up Bloodborne, but it'll weird posting in another OT lol. I'd want to play with you guys and I usually know where to find you. :p

Does anyone have a normal Crota or Deathsinger checkpoint? It's funny how Crota seeing through your invisibility and killing you on normal isn't much of a setback.

Three Nightfalls down. First gave me a Helm of Inmost Light (on my hunter.) I've gotten more Titan helms from Nightfalls than anything else, but not on my Titan. Then I got two Prudence sniper rifles with horrible rolls. WTF? The same crappy sniper rifle and neither can be void???

Jinjo

So are there any void exotics out there aside from Truth? Bungie seems to really love Arc & Solar for their special/heavy weapon exotics.

This is what worked best of all the groups I've been with. Rushing always went south from the very first 2 lamps.

Precisely. There are a few lamps you can even skip as long as you keep running as a team. Definitely the most reliable. everyone yolo' ing it up leads to the single person wiping at the plate phase most of the time.

Deku Tree

Does anyone have a normal GK checkpoint that they can share with me on PS4?
I need to glimmer farm really really bad...

MrS

Banned
So are there any void exotics out there aside from Truth? Bungie seems to really love Arc & Solar for their special/heavy weapon exotics.

Precisely. There are a few lamps you can even skip as long as you keep running as a team. Definitely the most reliable. everyone yolo' ing it up leads to the single person wiping at the plate phase most of the time.
You down to run hard later? Don't even need to do Crota, just the first 3 sections cause I need to get my Titan some armour

Jinjo

Solar is seriously OP. Void gets shafted all the time.

We never do this on hard for some reason. It's every Guardian for themselves lol.

I know right? Just gimme a good void special exotic. Fusion/sniper rifle preferably. Seems the new DLC won't carry those either.

Don't get why exotic primaries don't carry an element too.

I find having one person (usually me lol) deciding the pace at which the team moves from one lamp to the other works best. Definitely don't linger for more than a few seconds at each lamp. If someone gets too far behind they are definitely a lost cause.

Xur better have heavy ammo synth this weekend Bungie. People are hungry for them. While I still have over 40 packs on each character I might not be helping other people out as much as I do now. The amount of lobbies I get into where people say that they need to farm glimmer to buy ammo packs before attempting Crota HM is ridiculous. Seriously Bungie.

This is one of the main reasons I didn't even attempt hard Crota last week, and might not this week. After leveling up armor and guns, I had no glimmer for packs. I'm drastically scaling back my destiny time this month, so finding a group to grind glimmer doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm not burned out on Destiny, just don't have much reason to play, so I'll only do NF and raids when my friends are on. Started playing my Wii U backlog and have really enjoyed it.

LiK

We never do this on hard for some reason. It's every Guardian for themselves lol.

I notice people tend to panic more in HM. I dunno why, just play like usual and everyone should be fine. makes me laugh when people just leave their teammates to die tho. :p

Jinjo

You down to run hard later? Don't even need to do Crota, just the first 3 sections cause I need to get my Titan some armour

Sure thing. I have everything I want from Crota. Just in it for the Defiant and Shards/Energy now. Mostly the shards tbh.

Atkison04

Seems like people really are about burned out on destiny in here. I agree with what everyone else has been saying though. I only have 2 more things that i want to get, then I'll gladly take a break until HOW comes out. I just want the word of crota to drop, then i want to finish grinding pvp for that saterienne rapier. As soon as all the people i raid with regularly get the drops they want i don't picture running crota anymore. I'm actually quite looking forward to having some destiny down time and switching over to bloodborne. That's the first game since destiny that I'm truly amped about.

Ranked up Dead Orbit twice, got the horrible auto rifle.

Ranked up FWC and got my second shader, Tyre 4770.

Q4yow7O.jpg

I like it.

LiK

Ranked up Dead Orbit twice, got the horrible auto rifle.

Ranked up FWC and got my second shader, Tyre 4770.

Q4yow7O.jpg

I like it.

I already have too many normal blue/red ones. I wish DO would give me a damn shader. JUST ONE FOR MY TITAN.

LTWood12

Good job everyone! HM Crota down! Although he gave me another Fang

And my third No Land Beyond

I'll join. Is it from the start?

Thanks for the run guys. Got the Crux and the Fang! The last two raid items I needed. CE HM is officially retired now.

Re-posting for new OT:

Scrota sure likes to make it interesting. Fuck that guy, for real.

Great job everyone: LT, Slender, T-44, Robert and Frost (for the clutch last second evasive maneuvers! lol)

Posted in the old OT accidentally last night. Great job everyone! #teamlasttry does it again!

Top Bottom