• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Bizazedo

I think I've decided my main issue with HM Crota, aside from the bugs, is the lack of excitement. It's too exact due to knowing how many sword hits it takes to kill.

That plus bugs = zzzzzzzzzzz.

i finally got the Crota helmet yesterday, will grind that out to max and then go on a hiatus until House of Wolves hits, there's just nothing more to achieve until then as we know all guns and armors will have to be replaced with HoW versions then anyways :p

Really stupid way of limiting armor variety when the only viable(best) armor is that one single set from the latest raid :/

It's all about finding that perfect Int/Disc/Str and perks balance now.

You've gotta love that Crota fight: https://gfycat.com/LateBogusBorderterrier

GIF Version:
LateBogusBorderterrier.gif

And this is why everybody fucking hates Crota.

Thanks everyone for last night. It was awesome. I finally beat (was part of a team that beat) Crota on Hard mode. (Even though all I did was dodge the gatekeeper with a slither of health left while you all did all the work)
I got the head piece. Level 32 Will be mine soon. Crota HM ritiree right here.

What's a ritiree?

noomi

Broooooo. I've been hoping to get Hawkmoon for so long now. I have like 700 hours played maybe more. My younger sister got it from the first weekly she ever did and has been rubbing it my face for the longest. NOT ANYMORE SIS!

Hope to one day be blessed with it as well. I think it's strange that exotics can drop from level 26 roc strikes, but not from the weekly level 30 heroic.... *scratches head*

#ForeverNoHawkmoon

+1

LiK

Not always though which is why it's hard. Plus most runs seem to end at the last kneel so it seems like you're so close.

not even hard, it's glitchy/laggy/broken. if no glitches happen, we would be finishing it first try no problem.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I still can't believe that HoW will come out in May if that reddit post is to be believed. That's insane. I'm already running out of new stuff to do, and once I get the Fang I'm done with HM Crota. Hopefully we can get some snippet from this weeks update to assuage our fears. But then again it's deej and bungie, so we know that's not a reality...

Anyway, I think I'm going to slowly work on maxing my crucible and vanguard marks across my 3 Titans in preperation of HoW. At least it will give me something to work towards right now.

rNilla

not even hard, it's glitchy/laggy/broken. if no glitches happen, we would be finishing it first try no problem.

No I'm saying it's hard to quit because sometimes it's not a complete broken mess.

Also I like playing with DestinyGAF
but when it turns into a PUG it's time to leave

LiK

No I'm saying it's hard to quit because sometimes it's not a complete broken mess.

broken for me every single time now. I think the only time it worked fine was the launch week. seems to have gotten worse.

Also I like playing with DestinyGAF
but when it turns into a PUG it's time to leave

that's the problem too. hearing Gaffers here start to get depressed and frustrated when the glitches happens just breaks my heart

Lnkn52

Not always though which is why it's hard. Plus most runs seem to end at the last kneel so it seems like you're so close.

Seems like it. I'm very patient when I join these groups, especially if there are new people to the encounter/new sword bearer. But last night, when I joined Cloud's HM group, someone in the party was playing PVP… THE MOST ANNOYING CRAP EVER. It was so hard to concentrate, especially when they were singing nonsense.

Bizazedo

That's the second reason I hate it. Not exciting due to too much math / obvious how many hits you need now and that it's brain dead easy if RNG doesn't fuck you.

I still love Crucible, though. Need to arrange playdates with people from here for it.

E92 M3

everyone should quit CE HM. self torture.

It's not bad at all. Last night we ran them very quickly except for one time where I died spontaneously and it was getting late. Unfortunately, still no Crux. I have a feeling it's tied to the "exotic seed" in our individual accounts. Some people get a ton of exotics, while others don't. I fall in the middle. So, who knows when I will get it.

Last night's HM run was so horrible, that I really don't want to run HM ever again... But that Fang tho. I need it.

2 more chances this week. I really hope I get it.

Ganhyun

So, any word on if that May release date is real or not for HOW?

I ask as I have a 32 Warlock, a Titan who will be 32 once I get the shards, and another Warlock at 31 needing raid gear. I'd been thinking of deleting the second Warlock and making a Hunter, but if HOW is coming out in March I'd rather wait until after its out to do it.

noomi

I ask as I have a 32 Warlock, a Titan who will be 32 once I get the shards, and another Warlock at 31 needing raid gear. I'd been thinking of deleting the second Warlock and making a Hunter, but if HOW is coming out in March I'd rather wait until after its out to do it.

Speculation at this point, I thought the bungie once said House of Wolves was coming March 10th?

Homeboyd

Every bit of information in that leak is placeholder. Some of it might be real, none of it might be real, all of it might be real. None of it is confirmed at this point. There's no reason to put any stock in any of it at this point. Even if some of it was real at one point, plans do change...

rNilla

Every week I've had a terrible broken experience and have said I'm done with HM Crota but every week I've come back. I even ran the sword yesterday.

I have everything except the sparrow now so maybe I will take a HM break but probably not. I still like running Normal and swording the shit out of Crota so I will definitely continue to offer my services there.

Anyone up for a normal CE run? Can go once we have six. I don't mind running sword unless anyone else wants to. I gotta get me that blackhammer!

dB Viper

I'd delete. I just did the same thing, and made a Titan. 6-7 hours of playtime in game I got to Level 20 (story + crucible bounties) and the Exotic/Legendary gear I have found already my Titan is level 26.

Just need to finish off the Eris quest for the 33 gauntlets and then buy vanguard boots and he's level 31. If you have some reserve Hunter gear in the vault that will really help you out.

6 levels away (well, and RNG luck from getting Raid gear for my Titan) from having 3 32 characters..

Lnkn52

Based on Deej response, they will sure change any of those things found in those leaks to be spiteful.

That's what I'm talking about. We got that constantly for two whole days.

I'm starting to think it may be an idea to have a second sword bearer ready to run and slap crota at the enrage sword. For just in case. At least then you will still have someone nearby to finish the sod off.

everyone should quit CE HM. self torture.

I'm done with it. Nothing else to get except the ship and the speeder and they ain't worth it. I felt like I beat the game last night when the fang and to a much lesser extent the crux dropped. I was going to do some bounties after the run to level some guns, but instead just turned the game off and went to bed. That fire inside was doused lol.

I wouldn't mind getting my other two characters to 32, but ultimately it doesn't really matter all that much when HoW vendor gear will get me to 32/33 and I can already do the weeklies at 30/31.

rNilla

I'm starting to think it may be an idea to have a second sword bearer ready to run and slap crota at the enrage sword. For just in case. At least then you will still have someone nearby to finish the sod off.

Yeah the thing that sucks the most is when this happens you're fucked. Not enough time for someone to run all the way over there and still have time to shield break and get the final hits in. You just sit and watch your perfectly executed run get destroyed.

Yeah the thing that sucks the most is when this happens you're fucked. Not enough time for someone to run all the way over there and still have time to shield break and get the final hits in. You just sit and watch your perfectly executed run destroyed.

What if someone is on the rock ready to jump whilst the remaining 4 dps the hell out of crota.

Bladelaw

Anyone up for VoG HM in about 12 hours? I'm interested in Fatebringer and have three level 30+ ready to go. I'll even hold the Templar checkpoint (if possible, I jumped on GraveRobbers Gorgon chest train yesterday) on one of my characters to pass around if anyone would like.

I need that gun so bad.

E92 M3

Worst part of this game is desiring loot. Once I am free from the shackles, it's so much nicer playing without caring for certain drops. And according to the rules of RNG: not caring is the best way to get something.

LiK

Worst part of this game is desiring loot. Once I am free from the shackles, it's so much nicer playing without caring for certain drops. And according to the rules of RNG: not caring is the best way to get something.

I just want Hawkmoon for PVP purposes. don't care for any other guns I don't have. but this game is a fucking jackass about it.

Lnkn52

Yeah the thing that sucks the most is when this happens you're fucked. Not enough time for someone to run all the way over there and still have time to shield break and get the final hits in. You just sit and watch your perfectly executed run get destroyed.

And the more days that go by since the release of HM, it just seems that's how the encounter going to stay. No word from the community manager if these glitches/bugs are working as intended.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's a good idea. The oversoul doesn't matter at that point so if you have a second person at the ready you can still get him down.

rNilla

What if someone is on the rock ready to jump whilst the remaining 4 dps the hell out of crota.

Not a bad idea if someone can still distract the boomers and it doesn't draw their fire over to the rocks. It does add risk since the backup could die somehow and wreck the run. I think the group also has to be ready for this. I've been in runs where I've run over and grabbed the sword but it wasn't planned and at that point the group has conceded defeat.

I'm pretty sure I'm done with HM now. Necrochasm ain't even worth getting, so I'll only try when we can get to 33.

I've been saying this for at least two weeks now. Maybe now that I have the Crux it will be true. Probably not. I could use a third Black Hammer though.

ich00

Anyone up for VoG HM in about 12 hours? I'm interested in Fatebringer and have three level 30+ ready to go. I'll even hold the Templar checkpoint (if possible, I jumped on GraveRobbers Gorgon chest train yesterday) on one of my characters to pass around if anyone would like.

I need that gun so bad.

I'm game, I actually have 2 others who want to do it as well. We were planning on doing it 3x's. I was going to post something but figured it was to early. My PSN is ichabod00 if you want to send me a friend request, I can add you and send an invite when we're all ready.

Midas

And the more days that go by since the release of HM, it just seems that's how the encounter going to stay. No word from the community manager if these glitches/bugs are working as intended.

I would love to hear them say "working as intended". So how are you supposed to kill him if that happens? Haha.

So, what's the fastest way to get to level 31?
My hunter is level 8 right now. I'll hit level 20 in a few days. What do i do after that?

Top Bottom