• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

SAiLO

Yup, also saw Crux drop after a long time.

Whoever said the swordrunner deserved the Crux, can't tell if sarcastic or not :p

Great run.
Neither Crux nor helmet for me, though. Ugh. I should have the CP with my Hunter, in case anyone wants to try it again later today.

What a nice and easy hard Crota kill. Thanks guys.
It was good fun. And great team play. Crota did not stand a chance. Thanks.

Uh....I just logged on with my main alt, and there was a Last Word in my inventory that I don't remember getting.

Couldn't have been Crota HM run a few days ago, because I checked my inventory to make sure I didn't get the raid sparrow or glowhoo. Had one open spot left in primary since the other free space was taken by a WoC drop. Only person to get an exotic drop was I think Mindlog getting his second Crux. That was the last time I used my main until switching to it just now.

So no idea how it got there.

Can't complain about the free exotic, just really confused.

Edit: Living alone right now due to the wife being on deployment, so no kind siblings or wife doing their duty towards RNG.

Rubenov

Pick one of the following to dismantle.
Hawkmoon
Mythoclast (unupgraded)
Universal Remote (my only one)
Oversoul Edict (upgraded to Radiants)
Fatebringer
Vision of Confluence
The Last Word
Saterienne Rapier (Outlaw/FF)
Word of Crota (new)
Jigoku Scout Rifle (shoot to loot)

Saterienne Rapier, because you can easily buy it again

raindoc

Just watched some dude get the Hawkmoon during a ROC strike mission. Came in at the end right at the boss once another guy quit too. Dude spends less than 5 minutes in the mission and BAM...Hawkmoon...

:(

There you go, an aquisition story you'll never forget! #onlyindestiny

EDIT: back at PS4 and once more looking for Crota HM.

Omni

Levelled up my secondary character's weapons tonight.

So both my Warlock and Titan have maxed Fangs of Ir Yut, Black Hammers and Jellyhorns as mains now. Which means no more awkwardly swapping weapons at the tower! Also have another Vex on my Warlock I wanna level too. I'd like to get another Crux but that's probably a bit doubtful (Once I get a pistol I'm done with hard raids)

raindoc

Levelled up my secondary character's weapons tonight.

So both my Warlock and Titan have maxed Fangs of Ir Yut, Black Hammers and Jellyhorns as mains now. Which means no more awkwardly swapping weapons at the tower! Also have another Vex on my Warlock I wanna level too. I'd like to get another Crux but that's probably a bit doubtful (Once I get a pistol I'm done with hard raids)

until reset the next DLC (EDIT: honest mistake). got rid of most of my dupes after that
but they just keep coming anyway. already back to 3 maxed ice breakers and sharding additional ones.

It seems im too much of a scrub to be of any help to the team... I'm sorry for bringing shame up on GAF for not carrying hard enough.

GRI6JwN.jpg

3106Kib.jpg

Omni

until reset the next DLC (EDIT: honest mistake). got rid of most of my dupes after that
but they just keep coming anyway. already back to 3 maxed ice breakers and sharding additional ones.
Luckily that's months away ;_;

Only duplicates I get these days are stupid Plan Cs. I don't even use fusion rifles. Drives me up the wall

Omni

Have you at least leveled the Plan C up to its unique skill bubble?
It is pretty beastly in PvP and PvE.

Really? I've never used it. I also have that other one sitting in my vault. Pocket Infinity or whatever it's called

Would probably get more use if we could equip more than one exotic weapon in PvE. Kinda defeats the purpose though I guess

BokehKing

Banned
My 3rd character is still sitting at something like level 7 just because I can't be bothered trying to level it through that initial 1-20 phase, it's just boring. There's 2 more trophies I need to get the platinum one though and that's flawless raider (hopefully I'll find a group to do that with at some point) and fully level a hunter subclass.
Yeah the only reason I'm even playing on Xbox One is because 3 of my friends just got the game so I figure leveling with them will not be as painful

Of course I had to tap into my +50 charisma car salesman type skills in order to get them to all buy the game

GutZ31

Really? I've never used it. I also have that other one sitting in my vault. Pocket Infinity or whatever it's called

Would probably get more use if we could equip more than one exotic weapon in PvE. Kinda defeats the purpose though I guess

Level the Plan C to at least its unique perk and test it out. It can be a serious killer in a pinch, or just on a stroll.

Pocket Infinity is glitched as fuck though, so leave that thing in storage.

123rl

Anyone on the Xbox One available for either Raid? I'm lvl 30 and have no Raid gear at all so I need to do it if I want to get any further. I also need loads of Shards. Gamertag is rlench

Omni

Anyone on the Xbox One available for either Raid? I'm lvl 30 and have no Raid gear at all so I need to do it if I want to get any further. I also need loads of Shards. Gamertag is rlench

When? I could probably help out. Both my characters are level 32.

TP-DK

Is it possible to get exotic armor from roc strikes?

As far as my bad memory goes, the only ways to get exotic armor are these:
- Xur the bastard
- Nightfall
- Legendary engrams

Just watched some dude get the Hawkmoon during a ROC strike mission. Came in at the end right at the boss once another guy quit too. Dude spends less than 5 minutes in the mission and BAM...Hawkmoon...

:(

The exact same thing has happened to me. I was on valus sponge bob turd face and he was 2 hits from death. Random pleb joins and BAM hawkmoon.

Turned the game off that day.

noomi

The exact same thing has happened to me. I was on valus sponge bob turd face and he was 2 hits from death. Random pleb joins and BAM hawkmoon.

Turned the game off that day.

Ok, lets try an experiment.... Start a 3 man fireteam, start roc, get boss almost dead, one guy leaves, then invite me, then I get hawkmoon. I win!

Got really excited when I got the bounty for the thorn. Now I'm at the pvp bit I'm questioning how much I want it. Suck at pvp so bad, losing progress on death pretty much has me completely stuffed in regards to getting 500 points.

If all else fails, take a buddy or two into rumble so they can help inflate your points. Ran kill dummy for a buddy that was struggling with that part. Think he picked up 60-70 pts per match. When I got the thorn bounty on my Hunter, corrective measure was my best friend.

GutZ31

Is it possible to get exotic armor from roc strikes?

As far as my bad memory goes, the only ways to get exotic armor are these:
- Xur the bastard
- Nightfall
- Legendary engrams

I think you covered it.
No other ways that I can think of for armor, unless you count raid chests, and raid last boss drops, but that only counts weapons... so still no.

Omni

I'm on now. How would we get on with just two people? Do we need more people?

CE normal I assume?

I can solo maze and bridge easily. Even on hard if you really wanted to (though that's a bit trickier and may take longer). Deathsinger I've never attempted solo but I've two manned it lots of times. Obviously Crota himself would probably be a bit much but we can get through 3/4 of the raid at least. As long as you have a rocket launcher ;D

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
CE normal I assume?

I can solo maze and bridge easily. Even on hard if you really wanted to (though that's a bit trickier and may take longer). Deathsinger I've never attempted solo but I've two manned it lots of times. Obviously Crota himself would probably be a bit much but we can get through 3/4 of the raid at least. As long as you have a rocket launcher ;D

I'm a level 31 Sunbro. Inv Total Sellout if you need more.

BokehKing

Banned
Ok coming from the ps4 version, I'm trying out the x1 version, how do I change my party filter, why do I have to use 'snap parry app'

Why can't I just set it to invite only/public/friends only/closed??

That's kind of dumb

Deku Tree

Thread is definately still moving very fast compared to practically every other thread on GAF.
However the thread has certainly noticeably slowed down compared to OT16.

Omni

I'm a level 31 Sunbro. Inv Total Sellout if you need more.
I think it's just me and the other guy so I assume it won't be a problem if you wanna tag along for loot?

Not sure about him but I won't be using a mic though. Mainly because it's like 2.30am here in Australia xD

Top Bottom