• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Probably the best sniper that you can "buy"

Fatebringer/Badger, BH and Horn is my go to setup as well for Crota, but I use Spear for armor piercing for sword bearer since my LDR doesn't have AP.

I managed to get a Badger with Outlaw and Firefly but I don't know how it will compare to the Fang. I have to test it out more. Do you ever run into the problem of weapons be stored on multiple characters when you want them all on one?

I don't have a single Amiibo and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
And I am happy for other people who enjoy them.

I want to pick up the Pokemon ones just in case Nintendo does something cool with them for the main Pokemon series. . but from my understanding they don't do much. Just collectors trying to catch them all.

GutZ31

Nice job guys. A bit sloppy on my end, but I don't think it took too long anyway. Deathsinger was very kind to us.

Sorry about not wanting to do Crota. With three people I don't think it would have went well. Especially with a level 30 and me being the only one with a jellyhorn. :3
Drop the sword, gjallarhorn crota twice, pick up the sword and smack him around! You gotta carry harder!!!
jk :p

I'll try again... Anyone running VoG? HM preferred, but at this point I'll take normal too.
Also looking for some other #forevernofatebringer's to try Templar 2-3 times.

123rl

Nice job guys. A bit sloppy on my end, but I don't think it took too long anyway. Deathsinger was very kind to us.

Sorry about not wanting to do Crota. With three people I don't think it would have went well. Especially with a level 30, and me being the only one with a jellyhorn. :3

It's ok. Thanks for doing it. I picked up 8 Radiant Shards and some new Raid Armor, so I was happy.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Thorn bounty is driving me insane. I'll have one good game then the next is just a lag fest. I'm almost halfway done the 500 but I can't bare to play Crucible alone.

Legendary helmet engram from a thrall.

*goes to cryptard hoping for helm of st*

here are your ass shards, guardian

I wonder if the rate of legendary items decrypting out of purple engrams is any different from before they patched them (no more blues and greens. Ascendant materials became legendary)

Omni

Drop the sword, gjallarhorn crota twice, pick up the sword and smack him around! You gotta carry harder!!!
jk :p
Haha. I'm gonna try that next weekend actually. Only thing that really worries me are the boomer knights

Seems like a lot to juggle around. We'll see I guess :p

Destiny has become quite boring recently. That's why I'm not at like 300 posts by now.
Yeah..I loged in yesterday but didn't really feel the desire to play that much.
Haha. I'm gonna try that next weekend actually. Only thing that really worries me are the boomer knights

Seems like a lot to juggle around. We'll see I guess :p
It's pretty hard. I acutally tried that before when I was carrying a lvl28 and lvl29. I was the only one who had ballerhorn and lvl32. we couldn't get enough dps in time to down crota so I had to drop the sword to shoot ballerhorn at crota. The sword can fall of the rocks..

BokehKing

Banned
Which podcasts sometimes have Bungie developer?
Guardian Radio and TTL

The TTL Podcast, those are the '16 hour raid' guys who got flown in to first try vault of Glass, I think that episode was from December or January, it's Deej and like Wilson on it, good listen

The most recent Guardian radio has a Bungie guy on it

NastyBook

I don't have a single Amiibo and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
And I am happy for other people who enjoy them.
Yeah, I'm also in the "to each his own" camp. I probably would've been all over these things if something similar had existed back when I still owned a Nintendo console, which would've been 1992.

BokehKing

Banned
How many people will return to destiny in may when the dlc comes out? Because I'm pretty sure they won't surprise us with anything cool between now and then (which seems like forever)

Deku Tree

I am thinking about the weapon tuning. I believe that a big part of the reason they are buffing shotguns now (instead of on the last weapon tuning) in PvE is because of the HM ultimate HoW raid drop is a shotgun that looks like it's garbage tier under the current weapon tune.

How many people will return to destiny in may when the dlc comes out? Because I'm pretty sure they won't surprise us with anything cool between now and then (which seems like forever)

I don't own the "expansion pass" so we'll have to see. I was pretty outspoken about feeling ripped off by TDB, and I don't think HoW will be any different really. If Bungie's idea of an "expansion" is doing the same two story missions every day then I think I will pass. That HoW gear looks pretty cool though. I like fallen architecture and design

NastyBook

Hell yeah, got my Hunter to 32. WIll probably stop playing this for a week or so with The Order and Bloodborne, then come back and let the "random" number generator suddenly give my Warlock all the gear he needs to hit 32.

Anybody doing a HM Crota run?

I managed to get a Badger with Outlaw and Firefly but I don't know how it will compare to the Fang. I have to test it out more. Do you ever run into the problem of weapons be stored on multiple characters when you want them all on one?

Nah my usual loadout for 90% of PVE situations involves just these 5 weapons, everything else is optional extra. So its easier to swap weapons when you're changing characters.

How do folks usually go about farming armor material (Hardonic Essence, Plasteel Plating, Frabjous Weave)? ROC?

1-20 level up is a pain, no doubt, but that 27/28-32 grind is miserable due to lack of class material. Would like to try and get the two alts up to at least 31 so they can participate in anything they're needed for.

rNilla

khJLjmy.gif

Namikaze1

You don't like wiping for hours because bugs on HM Crota?
Nope. I hate the bugs. I hate Bungie even more for choosing to ignore fixing the bugs in both raids and instead focus on nerfing weapons and patching cheeses. The only good fix I'm looking forward to is the heavy ammo fix. That's the only thing I'm most looking forward to in Destiny till HoW. Just that one single fix. Even with the buff, most Pulse Rifles will never be used outside of 2-3% of the Destiny players. Red Death is the only interesting PR in the game. That's my opinion of course. ARs are going to be shittier than ever. Necrochasm should be to ARs what Vex is to FRs but that gun is shittier than even legendary ARs. And now the patch is gonna make it even worse that it already is. I'm tired of grinding shit I already own and have previously maxed out. I'm tired of seeing the same fucking missions show up every day. Enough with the TDB missions! There's a dozen more to have as daily dammit! I'm tired of it all.

I have more posts than Nami in a Destiny OT! This is the first time that ever happened.
I think I'm done with Destiny. I barely played Friday and yesterday I didn't even play the game.

I think I am free. I am finally free.
See you guys Tuesday!

Namikaze1

Yeah..I loged in yesterday but didn't really feel the desire to play that much.
I didn't even turn on my PS4 yesterday. I contemplated playing Far Cry 4 but I just laid on my bed and watch movies all day. Right now, I'm thinking of actually playing Far Cry 4 or continuing my Mage story in Dragon Age. Destiny hasnt been on my mind at all this weekend.

I'll return but just for the raid. I don't think I'll even bother with the new missions and strike.

border

I think most people are fixin' to take a pretty long break from Destiny.

Back when Ascendant Materials were useful (and scarce), you at least had a motivation to log on once a day to do the Daily.....and in the course of just that you'd probably complete a few Bounties or whatever.

Now there's really not even much point to the Daily Heroic, so I don't see the need to ever log in unless I have a Raid or Nightfall to do.

I wonder if Bungie has any tricks up their sleeve to keep people playing during this long lull before House of Wolves. I think it would go a long way if:

1.) Daily Heroic rewarded Radiant Materials (encourages daily play).
2.) Class materials could be purchased for Vanguard/Crucible marks (encourages people to play alternate characters).

I didn't even turn on my PS4 yesterday. I contemplated playing Far Cry 4 but I just laid on my bed and watch movies all day. Right now, I'm thinking of actually playing Far Cry 4 or continuing my Mage story in Dragon Age. Destiny hasnt been on my mind at all this weekend.

I'll return but just for the raid. I don't think I'll even bother with the new missions and strike.

Yeah I'm pretty much done leveling anything up. I have a better rolled CE chest piece for my Warlock to level and that's about it. All the stats on my characters are perfect (90-100% intellect, 75-90% discipline, 20-35% strength).

There are no other exotic weapons or armour I want to level since most are useless like Radiant Dance Machines and the like. I've also levelled every CE weapon except for Swordbreaker and Oversoul Edict.

I only have 4 exotic items left to collect, 2 weapons (Red Death and 4th Horseman) and 2 armour pieces (Hunter Arachnid Helmet and Warlock Skull of Dire Amarkahra).

I'm pretty much just doing the weekly stuff. NightfallX3, WeeklyX3, CE HMX3, Gorgon HM ChestX3 and AtheonX3. Pretty much only to get a chance at exotics.

The only thing I'm focusing on now is building up reserves of planetary mats and axiomatic beads. Radiant mats might still be used in HoW to combat the stuff Luke talked about where you couldn't use your new armour piece due to the shard economy. So I'll stockpile those too. Make a nice stockpile of everything for House of Wolves. My guess is a June release date where they will hype it up before E3 and then reveal Comet at E3.

No more dailies, no bounties, no marks, no patrolling etc. All the fluff I'm done with.

Just the weekly stuff for me for now.

Fitts

Do we know anything about a possible (likely?) level cap increase with the next DLC? Also, has anything suggesting the ability to ascend legendaries (weapons in particular) to a higher maximum attack rating come to light?

Top Bottom