• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

So what's the best PVE loadout currently?

Fang of Ir Yut or Fatebringer or Hawkmoon
Black Hammer or Ice Breaker
Gjallarhorn or Hunger of Crota

So any combinations of those weapons will be good or am I forgetting any other weapon to consider from?

Thread is definately still moving very fast compared to practically every other thread on GAF.
However the thread has certainly noticeably slowed down compared to OT16.

Incoming nerfs have put me on hold. I'll wait to see how it shakes out before wasting any more time leveling my weapons. If the vault was bigger, I'd level them anyway just to have for a rainy day, but with the limited space...I'll have to dismantle some ar's and hc's to make room for pr's.

BokehKing

Banned
Does anyone have a list of good Destiny podcasts?
I'm looking for things to listen to while I grind.
Destiny the show
Dad's of destiny
Guardian radio
TTL Podcast (Deej's clan)
Warlock School
And of course the Mythocast

Think there is a
Dames of Destiny show

Guardian One radio, but it's only a youtube podcast

Jinjo

Man, I don't know how to play other games anymore. Sometimes I just turn on my PS4 now, load up Destiny. Run around for a bit in the tower and then log out again lol.

7 radiant shards to go to get my final character to level 32, which will happen this tuesday.

So what's the best PVE loadout currently?

Fang of Ir Yut or Fatebringer or Hawkmoon
Black Hammer or Ice Breaker
Gjallarhorn or Hunger of Crota

So any combinations of those weapons will be good or am I forgetting any other weapon to consider from?

If you have a sniper with armor piercing it works wonders against sword bearer and ogre.

todd360

Cant wait for them to add a armor piercing sniper rifle with x-ray visor as a unique perk.

Ultimate exotic tier. You can only equip the sniper and no other weapons. Its an icebreaker with all other sniper perks such as invisibly and shooting threw walls and zobas baby blue sniper perk. Every sniper perk.

Edit: oh and you can pick up green ammo boxes as well as generate ammo.

phen0m24

Man, I don't know how to play other games anymore. Sometimes I just turn on my PS4 now, load up Destiny. Run around for a bit in the tower and then log out again lol.

7 radiant shards to go to get my final character to level 32, which will happen this tuesday.

I think I need 9.

The race is on

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ultimate exotic tier. You can only equip the sniper and no other weapons. Its an icebreaker with all other sniper perks such as invisibly and shooting threw walls and zobas baby blue sniper perk. Every sniper perk.

1 Bullet no ammo reserve, get Precision hit, White Nail goes into effect, 30 second cooldown on refreshing bullet!

If you have a sniper with armor piercing it works wonders against sword bearer and ogre.

I bought the vendor vendor LDR and power leveled it with bounties when I was leveling my exotics so I have it maxed out but I never used it yet.

I wonder if it is too late to patch in/update vault and weapons to be shared via the ships we have. I have great loadouts that are situational but I hate having to jump around 3 different characters to find who is holding the right weapon I need.

My personal favorite weapons to carry for everything:

Fatebringer/Hawkmoon/Suros/Fang of Ir Yut/VoC
Black Hammer/Secret Handshake/Ice Breaker/Light of Abyss/LDR 5001
Gjallarhorn/Hunger of Crota/Thunderlord/Corrective Measures

With all of these weapons on me I rarely find the need to go to my vault. These are the only weapons you need.

Messiek

Almost home from the expo I was at the whole week and I need
tumblr_inline_mhs2j3orfT1qz4rgp.gif

Haven't slept in more than 24 hours. Let's go!

Jinjo

I do it for my have major kills and fusion rifle kills

But thanks for making me feel like I'm still wearing Tommy hilfiger in 2015

Haha, I guess it works for Hive major/Fusion rifle kills. I prefer to get my Hive Major in the basement on The Divide. No forced cutscene.

But I wear Tommy Hilfiger sometimes still. :(

Thread is definately still moving very fast compared to practically every other thread on GAF.
However the thread has certainly noticeably slowed down compared to OT16.

I am partly at fault. I've been posting in the Amiibo discussion thread more than anywhere else because of the Wave 3 launch.

I'm at like 35 posts :/

Deku Tree

Does anyone have a list of good Destiny podcasts?
I'm looking for things to listen to while I grind.

Destiny the show
Dad's of destiny
Guardian radio
TTL Podcast (Deej's clan)
Warlock School
And of course the Mythocast

Think there is a
Dames of Destiny show

Guardian One radio, but it's only a youtube podcast

There's also Fireteam Chat from IGN. Only respectable person there is Alfredo.

Nice, just subscribed

Just waking the hive until you guys are ready

Ok I am now subscribed to eight Destiny podcasts on iTunes. Thanks!

todd360

I am partly at fault. I've been posting in the Amiibo discussion thread more than anywhere else because of the Wave 3 launch.

I'm at like 35 posts :/

Oh no. We are losing a brother to the tyranny of amiibos! We must help him!

Repeat after me. I don't need every amiibo. I don't need every amiibo. Maybe I will get one or two. Oh look a rosalina. Oh cool its a bower. Maybe I will just get 4.

Deku Tree

What are you grinding out today Deku?

I'm not on until later. But I might do the daily 3x and I might do any patrol missions bounties that are available. I am on a mission to slowly collect 800 of each of the four planetary mats. Already more than half way there... Or I might skip Destiny today. Not 100% sure yet.

Did you manage to snag a shulk Amiibo? When are you posting a pick of your Amiibo collection?

I was able to get a Shulk via a trade. I'll have to post my collection soon!

Oh no. We are losing a brother to the tyranny of amiibos! We must help him!

Repeat after me. I don't need every amiibo. I don't need every amiibo. Maybe I will get one or two. Oh look a rosalina. Oh cool its a bower. Maybe I will just get 4.

I've been collecting them since day 1 when they released in November. My first purchases were Villager, Marth and Wii Fit Trainer. Good choice that was hahaha.

I have all of them now :/

I Don't get the hype behind amiibo.

I don't either, though I admit I'd love to have a few of them just because.

Would never try and hunt down the rare ones though. All my attempts in that area in other things have been disastrous (That 'Jaws' Chum Chart art piece in particular), as has RNG in Destiny. No need to touch the hot coals along with the top of the stove.

Is the Sniper from the Vanguard Vendor any good?

Probably the best sniper that you can "buy"

Fatebringer/Hawkmoon/Suros/Fang of Ir Yut/VoC
Black Hammer/Secret Handshake/Ice Breaker/Light of Abyss/LDR 5001
Gjallarhorn/Hunger of Crota/Thunderlord/Corrective Measures

With all of these weapons on me I rarely find the need to go to my vault. These are the only weapons you need.

Fatebringer/Badger, BH and Horn is my go to setup as well for Crota, but I use Spear for armor piercing for sword bearer since my LDR doesn't have AP.

Finally Rank 4 Eris, even though all my guys have been 32 for a while and I have 140+ Radiant energy...

I just need sapphire wire for my hunter, soo annoying its 25 per slot..

Deku Tree

I don't have a single Amiibo and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
And I am happy for other people who enjoy them.

Top Bottom