• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Ryck

I don't use the word demoralized often but right now... Ugh. The sight of HM Crota standing up and killing our swordbarer (Crota with no life bar)is just too much.

Haybro

I don't use the word demoralized often but right now... Ugh. The sight of HM Crota standing up and killing our swordbarer (Crota with no life bar)is just too much.

Yeah, that was tough.... :(

I think the lag got the better of us.

coy

Sorry bubble team PS4 kicked me out again from the party. I'm gonna do some tinkering to see if I can make it not do this. Great fun in those bubbles though!

joecanada

I find it very doubtful that bungie intended some stuff to be done without hiding at all. I mean in nightfall one shot can kill you so how would you just run around dodging? Not possible imo . Although with newer content like rasputin you are shoved into a room so who knows?

Sorry bubble team PS4 kicked me out again from the party. I'm gonna do some tinkering to see if I can make it not do this. Great fun in those bubbles though!

That was great haha. I'll put up the video from our first game after these games. I still think that was our best

Carbonox

Love it when you get all the way to Deathsinger and ALL you get is Radiance shit. :lol

Obviously they will be of use but it's quite deflating all the same.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I'd pay real money to see Bungie devs attempt a lot of content. Especially Nightfalls "as intended".

Played nightfall with Jones and Miller last night and this exact topic came up. Had a pretty good chat. Hopefully, it'll lead to some streamz. Might even happen next week, if the timing works (no promises).

We beat it pretty easily. We beat the Heroic straight after. Fought out in the open both times, and we are not amazing players. It's hard. We died lots. But it's doable.

I've done it from the cave, too, though. I understand the criticism, and certainly this week's strike isn't the most difficult given the burns.

Deku Tree

Played nightfall with Jones and Miller last night and this exact topic came up. Had a pretty good chat. Hopefully, it'll lead to some streamz. Might even happen next week, if the timing works (no promises).

We beat it pretty easily. We beat the Heroic straight after. Fought out in the open both times, and we are not amazing players. It's hard. We died lots. But it's doable.

I've done it from the cave, too, though. I understand the criticism, and certainly this week's strike isn't the most difficult given the burns.

That sounds great! I'd like to see you and Jones and Miller or some other folks from Bungie do it for Omnigul Arc Burn... :)
I heard Datto didn't even post a NF video that week.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
That sounds great! I'd like to see you and Jones and Miller or some other folks from Bungie do it for Omnigul Arc Burn... :)
I heard Datto didn't even post a NF video that week.

Coincidentally enough, I did that one with Jones, too. I ran sunbro and light beyond for revive duty, and he crushed Omnigul with patience and time and a lot of cloaking.

EL CUCO

Urk don't worry about it. We know you guys are gamers...just please...for the life of me, have them fix HM Crota encounter bugs. I haven't heard a single Bungie guy even acknowledge them yet.

Most of us thrive on the challenge of no chalice, no safe room, etc...but the bugs...the bugs are killing morale and any desire for people to play hard mode :(

went 18-0 lol

2zDpxPR.jpg

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Urk don't worry about it. We know you guys are gamers...just please...for the life of me, have them fix HM Crota encounter bugs. I haven't heard a single Bungie guy even acknowledge them yet.

Most of us thrive on the challenge of no chalice, no safe room, etc...but the bugs...the bugs are killing morale and any desire for people to play hard mode :(

Acknowledged.

Deku Tree

Coincidentally enough, I did that one with Jones, too. I ran sunbro and light beyond for revive duty, and he crushed Omnigul with patience and time and a lot of cloaking.

That sounds like a legit strat. I think there would be a lot of interest in watching your team or other teams at Bungie stream some of their nightfalls. I would watch.

A lot of us do like to play behind cover and protect against a wipe during the NFs particlarly because we want to get it done and we have limited video game time.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
That sounds like a legit strat. I think there would be a lot of interest in watching your team or other teams at Bungie stream some of their nightfalls. I would watch.

A lot of us do like to play behind cover and protect against a wipe during the NFs particlarly because we want to get it done and we have limited video game time.

Yup, I understand that there are a lot of reasons people often take the path of least resistance. :)

Deku Tree

I hate when that happens. Seem like such a horrible bug. I hope they fix it.

Having said that I'd like to just do normal at least at first on Tuesday. I want another chance at another Hunger of Crota for my Titan. And my Titan still wants Raid boots even though she's a 32 with the MK 44 exotics.

Having said that I don't think the strat to manage his health to prevent auto enrage before the last down and to try to kill him in one down (to protect the auto enrage stand up and swipe glitch) was working as intended. IMO it might be better for us to just not worry about the glitch. Yeah the glitch happens sometimes and it causes a wipe, but when it doesn't happen it is much easier to kill Crota on the second down when he enraged on the first down.

And we were wiping a lot because it's hard to do enough damage to kill him trying to kill him on the same down as enrage.

Ryck

This is the sound of a man who has lost it all.
Right? I feel like his "what?" Was the perfect blend of rage and confusion. Totally encapsulates how I felt as well.

Uploading a video of some glitches right now... Not like Bungie will care but yeah.

border

Is anyone doing a Hard Mode Crota's End? I'm 32 Hunter -- will do full run or just the Crota kill, don't really care but would need to start a full run soon.

Good to hear. I am looking forward to it. This particular Nightfall is pretty straightforward. Having all burns and no Angry/Lightswitch allows you to be fairly aggressive and the Priest can go down easy, especially with a few Gjallarhorns in the mix, but even without it isn't too bad.

Every Nightfall is a mixed bag. One strike can turn from Nightmare (Omnigul Arcburn) into easy mode (Omnigul Solarburn) with one modifier change.

border

Ok... My kid needed somthing so i had to leave. But now Lets kill Crota! I hv the CP.

1. Silvertonguebr
2. The_reckoning
3. border199x

I will do a hard mode Crota kill, as long as we have a good sword carrier. In the mean time I will just be doing daily bounties and such.

PS4 PSN: border199x

Hzoltan69

All I really need this week is one more HM Deathsinger + Crota. Guess it's a slim chance, but is there anyone who would run these two parts with me?

Cool. We need 3 more. I'll go as a hunter so i can run sword. I hv ghorn so i can dps too.

Ok... My kid needed somthing so i had to leave. But now Lets kill Crota! I hv the CP.

1. Silvertonguebr
2. The_reckoning
3. border199x

Top Bottom