• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Seems like the only thing sort of going on is HM CE, raid wise. I've posted a couple messages for VoG today and one on Friday, without getting any interest. Definitely less eyes on the thread lately.

Are you always around later on Thursdays? My group can push back VoG Hard Thursdays about an hour (5pm EST) but not too much later than that since 7:30-8 is the end time for some.

Also, if anyone reading this ever wants to run VoG hard, me and a few people run it all the way through (probably starting at Oracles this week) on Thursdays (3x) usually around 4pm EST. We always have to grab 1-2 randoms to fill out the squad.

Send me a PM if you want to run it this coming reset. Experience is great, but not a necessity.

How do folks usually go about farming armor material (Hardonic Essence, Plasteel Plating, Frabjous Weave)? ROC?

1-20 level up is a pain, no doubt, but that 27/28-32 grind is miserable due to lack of class material. Would like to try and get the two alts up to at least 31 so they can participate in anything they're needed for.

I always seemed to have a glut of class materials, but I also chose the crucible rather than vanguard path for upgrading, and pvp seems to take longer and has a better time invested to armor drop ratio than pve. I also got in the habit of upgrading my greens before dismantling on my 1-20 run, which meant I had a decent stock as I hit level 20.

Are you always around later on Thursdays? My group can push back VoG Hard Thursdays about an hour (5pm EST) but not too much later than that since 7:30-8 is the end time for some.

Also, if anyone reading this ever wants to run VoG hard, me and a few people run it all the way through (probably starting at Oracles this week) on Thursdays (3x) usually around 4pm EST. We always have to grab 1-2 randoms to fill out the squad.

Send me a PM if you want to run it this coming reset. Experience is great, but not a necessity.
Yeah, 5 would work better but by all means just start it off when you guys are ready. If I can't start run number 1 off, I might be able to jump in later if you're looking or something.

coy

I really dislike when PSN kicks me out of a party in the middle of anything and will not allow me to rejoin. Frustrating!

BokehKing

Banned
Wow this guy Claude from Bungie sounds like he was not prepared for some of questions

Basically said

'people wanted us to make a game they wanted, not the game we wanted to make'

'people thought they they were getting this hybrid of Halo and Warcraft, taking all the good from that and leaving the bad out..... For $60 and it's just not possible'

'destiny is the weakest story of all be give games'

'around Reach, story started to take a back seat to the game play'

Lima

The heavy ammo Crota technique is awesome.
It's not a "glitch". Everyone stop calling it a glitch.

I had rockets ready for every Crota down and ogres last night,
And I replenished heavy with the technique after every wipe,
And I never popped a heavy synth.

There was also plenty of heavy sitting around in the crystal room for me to pick up to refill my heavy ammo reserve during the second and third swords of the Crota encounter.

You think of we stop calling it a glitch they won't fix it?

We are exploiting a game mechanic designed to help you when you have zero ammo for all weapons. I guess it's their fault since the ice breaker counts as having 0 ammo in special slot.

Wow this guy Claude from Bungie sounds like he was not prepared for some of questions

Basically said

'people thought they they were getting this hybrid of Halo and Warcraft, taking all the good from that and leaving the bad out..... For $60 and it's just not possible'

Where do I find this? I'm curious about the context. Who are "people"? I just want the game they showed at E3 with exotic engrams dropping from mini bosses, chests with loot pouring out, and a funny dinklebot flying away to turn on the lights.

Basically said

What is this from?

54252115.jpg

fb4821a55878e400ce303c79cd0aff6a97bc6ac5e61181e7598338deff5bc8f5.jpg

Do we know anything about a possible (likely?) level cap increase with the next DLC? Also, has anything suggesting the ability to ascend legendaries (weapons in particular) to a higher maximum attack rating come to light?

Probably lvl 34 with legendary armor with light 39 and raid/exotic with light 42. Some Bungie guy was already seen wearing high level armor in the tower.

Where do I find this? I'm curious about the context. Who are "people"? I just want the game they showed at E3 with exotic engrams dropping from mini bosses, chests with loot pouring out, and a funny dinklebot flying away to turn on the lights.

Lol seriously. I suggest not watching old pre launch videos. It's depressing

deafmedal

Anyone running any raid from the start?

I hate working tuesday-Saturday, always feels like everyones give up on the content on a Sunday waiting for tuesday to come back around :/

Seems like the only thing sort of going on is HM CE, raid wise. I've posted a couple messages for VoG today and one on Friday, without getting any interest. Definitely less eyes on the thread lately.

It can be hard to run full raids on the weekends, but it's possible. I would love to set up a weekend group to do full runs of both raids, even just 3-4 people, picking up stragglers/newcomers as needed...

Hell if either of you or anyone else want to try for a HM VoG in 45 min to an hour from now, I'd be down.

PSN deafmedal

D_psipher

It can be hard to run full raids on the weekends, but it's possible. I would love to set up a weekend group to do full runs of both raids, even just 3-4 people, picking up stragglers/newcomers as needed...

Hell if either of you or anyone else want to try for a HM VoG in 45 min to an hour from now, I'd be down.

PSN deafmedal

That is cool. My normal group has moved on from Destiny do I have become a mercenary of sorts. I am also down for a VoG run.

ezekial45

Banned
Anyone want to help me down normal Crota? I'm at the final CP, and just need a group. Preferably people who can take him out quick.

PSN: ezekial45

SonComet

Used The Last Word for the first time ever in the crucible last night. So much fun. Not that I'm great at PVP or anything. But I managed a positive KDR most games :). I'm very afraid for the upcoming TLW and Suros nerfs. I feel like some guns deserve to feel powerful.

Used The Last Word for the first time ever in the crucible last night. So much fun. Not that I'm great at PVP or anything. But I managed a positive KDR most games :). I'm very afraid for the upcoming TLW and Suros nerfs. I feel like some guns deserve to feel powerful.

It's a lot of fun. That's why I don't understand people who only use shotguns and fusion rifles. There are weapons like TLW that are actually fun to use. Might not be one shot kills but who cares

what bungie needs to stream is them running the crota hard raid. I'll pay 50
strange coins
to see that.

I'd love to see that

Top Bottom