• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My controller is getting worse, and it's gonna make stuff unplayable soon :(

Is there any hope of cleaning or fixing it? It's the left thumbstick, sometimes I have to click it a few times to stay sprinting, or even push the stick forward a few times to keep moving forward...

I bought a new one a few weeks ago. World of difference.

M3Rocket

Is there any hope of cleaning or fixing it? It's the left thumbstick, sometimes I have to click it a few times to stay sprinting, or even push the stick forward a few times to keep moving forward...

I had one replaced under warranty for this exact problem. You do have to pay to ship it back, but they are quick shipping one back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
this is from the white bundle, I mean... jesus. really hasn't been used that much :/
I had one replaced under warranty for this exact problem. You do have to pay to ship it back, but they are quick shipping one back.
gotta love that I'm both on the hook for shipping it back and out my controller while it's being replaced :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Decided to get back into Destiny months after finishing the main storyline. Just recently hit 26 and got all pumped as I received the notification that I could do the vault of glass raid only to be informed by my bro that I need to actually find people to do it as they don't have a system where you're automatically queued like you are for the strike playlists and what not. Who in the fuck thought not implementing an auto queue system for raids was a good idea? :O
Dude just go back to watching
lesbian bears
. I've seen the light, now that most of animegaf has stopped playing it. lol

Qwell

I bought a new one a few weeks ago. World of difference.
I've heard people that play a sports a lot do that with socks and stuff, and pro gamers buy new mice a lot. I think I might actually do that with this generation, buy a new controller every year or so. Finding myself playing a lot more console games than my PC, so I imagine I'll be putting a lot more wear and tear on my controllers. I picked up the urban camo DS4 in like Oct / Nov and it was so nice, sticks were tight, just felt good. My old ones were ok, they weren't tearing or anything, just the sticks felt a little loose and the rubber was a little slick, ended up putting those caps on them.

Lima

Some of you seen the videos I posted yesterday about how bad lag can get during Crota fight? I have some new ones coming up later. Like that was the laggiest lobby I've ever played with and we still managed to clear him.

On the first sword he went down fine then I tried to blink strike him. Yes tried because apparently Crota is made out of rubber. The second I punched him it sent me flying across over the ledge behind him to my death. Seriously I've never seen this before.

Swordbearer followed us up to crystal room and got stuck on the door. He couldn't move so we actually had to kill swordbearer right there.

My favorite was that we shot him down once, I got one hit in and then he teleported to the right while he was still down and just stood up there on the right.

I saw some crazy stuff tonight that's for sure.

anyone mind taking my third character along into a HM CE? Got a gjallarhorn and all. Tis a 31, but I've done it before on it a couple of times.

Some of you seen the videos I posted yesterday about how bad lag can get during Crota fight? I have some new ones coming up later. Like that was the laggiest lobby I've ever played with and we still managed to clear him.

On the first sword he went down fine then I tried to blink strike him. Yes tried because apparently Crota is made out of rubber. The second I punched him it sent me flying across over the ledge behind him to my death. Seriously I've never seen this before.

Swordbearer followed us up to crystal room and got stuck on the door. He couldn't move so we actually had to kill swordbearer right there.

My favorite was that we shot him down once, I got one hit in and then he teleported to the right while he was still down and just stood up there on the right.

I saw some crazy stuff tonight that's for sure.

Is that lag or are those just bugs? Sounds nuts

Anyone want to run CE Normal ? Want to run it again with my alt.

Edit: I would be up for a CE HM run too.

Edit 2: NM, signing off Destiny for the night.

Anastasis

Thanks Driz, Kinezo and Delamarch.

That was a top tier haul there for first timers.
WTH at Gifyo changing gifs on me.

upload_convert.gif

Once again, thank you all so much (had to get to bed last night so didn't have time to write anything lengthy). You all were so generous with your time carrying two sub-30's through the entire raid. I had only initially expected a carry through the Abyss. That Raid Chest Piece from the Bridge and Hunger of Crota are awesome (no Horn for me yet). I'm sitting at 97 Vanguard marks for this week (110 total in inventory) and I'm ready for the push to 30+ with buying a helmet and boots next week. The people on this thread are the best!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Before I put any more time and mats into upgrading my Bad Juju 2.0, I wanted to make sure I was actually getting more Super. After the ruin wings and black hammer debacle I don't trust the game's word on anything.

Anyway...

M9Aen2a.jpg

Above is a lvl 18 Hallowed Acolyte, below is lvl 18 Hallowed Knight killed by a BJ (top bar) and Word of Crota (bottom bar).

DS4 durability is a real issue. My R2 trigger didn't last a year on my launch unit. Bought a few extra controllers to even out the wear distribution. So far I am not impressed. Already getting the X button feeling a bit stiff on one.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Sounds like got caked up gunk in it from all your dirt+sweat (no offense). You could check out those videos on YouTube where people mod their controllers (putting in the XB1 sticks for example) to see how to safely take it apart.

joecanada

There are videos I believe of people taking apart their controllers and fixing them. It's not uncommon problem... Try YouTube I think it's pretty easy you could at least try a quick fix before scrapping it

Before I put any more time and mats into upgrading my Bad Juju 2.0, I wanted to make sure I was actually getting more Super. After the ruin wings and black hammer debacle I don't trust the game's word on anything.

Anyway...

M9Aen2a.jpg

Above is a lvl 18 Hallowed Acolyte, below is lvl 18 Hallowed Knight killed by a BJ (top bar) and Word of Crota (bottom bar).

Yeah it definitely works. It's great

No hawkmoon..what a scrub
JK its pretty amazing!

He made thorn but it's whatever. I think the bigger weapons look much cooler with Legos

Sullichin

Looking forward to Bad Juju potentially actually doing good damage with the next patch. I have String of Curses & Perfect Balance unlocked now and while fun in ROC strikes it still feels weak.

raindoc

Thorn = Espinho
Super Good Advice = Melhor Dica de Todas
Bad Juju = Vudu do Jacu * it is the most weird even for us
Thunderlord = Senhor do Trovão

Gjallarhorn is Gjallarhorn :)

what does do Jacu mean? (i assume Vudu = Voodoo, because context)

I just checked Karin Olava's hunter cosplay with horn, looks incredible.

Also 30min without a single post, its dying faster than I thought.

i'd love a G'horn replica like that. I'm not a collector of these things, but that one I'd mount on a tripod and put it on display in my living room like a telescope.

EDIT: HM Crota Kills?

Lima

There is a guy offering a service to lag switch Crota and push him off. This is the internet there is a market for everything.

Top Bottom