• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Okay I didn't get Hawkmoon but I did get a consolation Exotic.

4uRHhXV.jpg
Shout out to Drizzay ;D

Hyun Sai

For the Wakening, with a little practice, you can rush in Sparrow all this mission until near the final chamber, so I'm nearly happy when this is the daily, it's really quick ^^

Deku Tree

For the Wakening, with a little practice, you can rush in Sparrow all this mission until near the final chamber, so I'm nearly happy when this is the daily, it's really quick ^^

I hate solo'ing the final room. I'm going to be on in about 50 minutes to do the daily 3x if anyone wants to do it too.

raindoc

I'd like to add something to my wishlist:

Horde mode.

I know what you're thinking. Most of the time, PvE is just that. Most of the time, but not ALL of the time - and that's a mistake, because if there's one thing that's truly great in this game, it's shooting stuff. So I want just that, pure 100% mobs-fragging action. Fireteams up to 6 players, unlimited waves, choice between random modifiers and none at all. I'd play that for months, just for fun and dupes.

EDIT: matchmaking! almost forgot to say: add matchmaking Bungie! not just to horde mode, but everything except the Raids.

I know :/ all the dark below single player missions are so tedious... still I'll take rasputin over the wakening any day.... that one just sucks.

Wut? Rasputin is the longest mission, and most annoying imo. Wakening is so quick and easy, you can just run to the end without killing anyone and kill the soul with heavy and snipers real quick.

Okay I didn't get Hawkmoon but I did get a consolation Exotic.

Shout out to Drizzay ;D

You stole his Thunderlord :p

noomi

I hate solo'ing the final room. I'm going to be on in about 50 minutes to do the daily 3x if anyone wants to do it too.

You're talking of the final room of The Wakening or Rasputin ?

Wut? Rasputin is the longest mission, and most annoying imo. Wakening is so quick and easy, you can just run to the end without killing anyone and kill the soul with heavy and snipers real quick.

The Wakening is the only mission I struggle to get through on solo lol. Much easier with people, or blasting that crystal with horn rockets.

I typically run all the way to the end, but killing those 4 wizards and ultra knights, and then battling all the ads is a bit too much for me to get through alone sometimes :p

Also grats on the thunderlord, it's friggin' awesome :)

Deku Tree

What format?

Ps4

I typically run all the way to the end, but killing those 4 wizards and ultra knights, and then battling all the ads is a bit too much for me to get through alone sometimes :p

Yeah that one is the worst solo. All the constant waves of thralls and explorers plus lightswitch plus closed room plus need to kill wizards and ultra Knights = huge pain to solo.

_Legacy_

The Wakening is the only mission I struggle to get through on solo lol. Much easier with people, or blasting that crystal with horn rockets.

Also grats on the thunderlord, it's friggin' awesome :)

Isn't there an order to doing it though? I always take out knights first. Kill the wizard front left with sticky grenade and solar murmur (the others won't attack), kill the second with a few smurmur shots and then take out the final two wizards and killing thrall spawns. The crystal part is tricky, I just put up a bubble and let loose with weapons of light. I suppose it depends what class you do it on.

noomi

Isn't there an order to doing it though? I always take out knights first. Kill the wizard front left with sticky grenade and solar murmur (the others won't attack), kill the second with a few smurmur shots and then take out the final two wizards and killing thrall spawns. The crystal part is tricky, I just put up a bubble and let loose with weapons of light. I suppose it depends what class you do it on.

Yeah, there's a strat to it, and I do what you said above, then retreat into the cave area ad battle the ads while taking pot shots at the crystal, I usually end up getting killed by boomers, cursed thralls or blowing myself up with rockets hah.

_Legacy_

Yeah, there's a strat to it, and I do what you said above, then retreat into the cave area ad battle the ads while taking pot shots at the crystal, I usually end up getting killed by boomers, cursed thralls or blowing myself up with rockets hah.

It is definitely one of the suckiest to solo. Give me the 5 minute Cosmodrome missions any day!

Hyun Sai

I keep it simple. One shot each red knight with Ice Breaker, 2 shot the yellow ones, Fatebringer on the occasionnal thrall spawn, 2 shot each Yellow Wizard afterwards. When Crystal is up, full 6 rockets and finish with Sniper. The ads don't have time to come at me, and I have no Gjallahorn.

You just have to have good sniper aim.

_Legacy_

Does anyone fancy doing Crota normal mode later tonight (GMT), hopefully around 6PM? I play on XB1 and have the Deathsinger save.

Should add I don't have Icebreaker or BH do have a maxed out solar LDR though and Titan bubble with Glasshouse for that weapon of light boost. Never finished the raid before and would like to at least finish on Normal mode for once. Just a struggle to try and organise 6 of my friends for all to be free.

GT: D4rk Legacy

Namikaze1

Still don't feel like playing Destiny. I will tomorrow just for Nightfall and hard mode (Crota fight cause fuck everything else) but other than that, there's nothing that's making me want to log in every day.

123rl

Most people on GAF are playing Destiny on PS4.

I know, and it sucks for me. My closest friend wanted us to get the XBox version, so I did. Then he decided he doesn't like the game - after I've already bought the Season Pass and invested 120 hours into the game

Does anyone fancy doing Crota normal mode later tonight (GMT), hopefully around 6PM? I play on XB1 and have the Deathsinger save.

Should add I don't have Icebreaker or BH do have a maxed out solar LDR though and Titan bubble with Glasshouse for that weapon of light boost. Never finished the raid before and would like to at least finish on Normal mode for once. Just a struggle to try and organise 6 of my friends for all to be free.

I'll do that. I'm the same as you and I've never finished the Raid. I'm lvl 30 Titan, almost 31.

Ps4

Yeah that one is the worst solo. All the constant waves of thralls and explorers plus lightswitch plus closed room plus need to kill wizards and ultra Knights = huge pain to solo.

I still find solo wakening easier than solo rasputin, at least if you die you don't have to fight 5 waves of wizards, knights and thralls again.

Plus, there is a cave to the left you can use for cover and health regen.

Fist of Crota is the best though, short and sweet and oh so easy. I've probably done it over a 100 times in couple of weeks for easy and fast bounties.

I don't really need to do it, mats are nice, but also engrams and the possibility of a legendary engram keeps me at it :D

But it is such slog at level 30, especially TDB missions. I would rather run ROC with two other people than do Wakening and Rasputin solo.

I know, and it sucks for me. My closest friend wanted us to get the XBox version, so I did. Then he decided he doesn't like the game - after I've already bought the Season Pass and invested 120 hours into the game

I'll do that. I'm the same as you and I've never finished the Raid. I'm lvl 30 Titan, almost 31.
Yeah that's what happens with my a lot of my RL friends. Just glad I was on ps4 and able to play with Dgaf :/ it's sad for me since I feel like I spent a lot of time helping the community only to see it slowly fall apart :'( will still do the reset and play with some folks whenever they are on.

123rl

Do you play it on both formats then? I like the game but I don't even have the energy to play through it again to get a secondary character.

SAiLO

Do you play it on both formats then? I like the game but I don't even have the energy to play through it again to get a secondary character.

It's all about having three characters. Don't know how I coped with only having one Hunter.

Yeah that's what happens with my a lot of my RL friends. Just glad I was on ps4 and able to play with Dgaf :/ it's sad for me since I feel like I spent a lot of time helping the community only to see it slowly fall apart :'( will still do the reset and play with some folks whenever they are on.

Don't be sad, man. Preety sure no matter what happens till HoW DGAF keep playing every week... maybe just a bit less.

_Legacy_

Cool, what's your GT?

123rl

It's all about having three characters. Don't know how I coped with only having one Hunter.

I know but...effort. I have a secondary character lvl 9 now. He's a Warlock and I've already got an Exotic helmet and Legendary Gauntlets for him (remnants of the many times the game screwed me over and gave me great stuff I couldn't use!)

Sofa King

I know but...effort. I have a secondary character lvl 9 now. He's a Warlock and I've already got an Exotic helmet and Legendary Gauntlets for him (remnants of the many times the game screwed me over and gave me great stuff I couldn't use!)

The worst part is getting to 20 and then you have the grind just for getting junk armor to dismantle.

SAiLO

You already have some gear, which will speed things up once you've hit 20. Tried playing some crucible? And bounties also give levelling up a good boost. Then double bounty glitch.

The worst part is getting to 20 and then you have the grind just for getting junk armor to dismantle.

True, having to grind for armor parts is ridicoulous. We should be able to just purchase them.

Omni

How many hours away is that?

I may be able to help as well. I have 32 Warlock and Titan. With pretty much everything maxed out xD

bosseye

Almost done with that Thorn bounty. I had it once a couple of months back but only had a void sniper for the crucible section which was a recipe for failure so I abandoned it in a screaming rage and then regretted it ever since.

Happily, it popped up again on Friday and this time, armed with Atheons Epilogue and The Crash shotgun I was able to blitz the crucible portion in a couple of hours and numerous games of control.

Stuck on the final strike now, there was me thinking I'd just polish it off in 10 minutes (its Summoning Pits after all, I can play that strike in my sleep), but nooooooo. Its all yellow wizards and knights and thrall and fuck them all right in the ear.

Gonna have to rope in a couple of friends to help me complete it and finally get my hands on an exotic handcannon. Hawkmoon eludes me still though.

Top Bottom