• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
ibgcFyGT6T3Mg0.png

disgusting-gif.gif

CASH4CROTA lol

Sounds like a charity.

Zocano

One more day till reset. My playtime has slowed down to a crawl since finishing Hard Crota. I still need the flawless run but I don't care too much for it. Could've gotten it a long long time ago just never bothered to put in the time.

House of Wolves really should have come out in March |: The fact that it probably isn't just tells me Bungie isn't managing their time and resources as well as they should have.

The problem is mostly exacerbated by the middling amount of content. Would have expected the wait to be similar to Dark Below's wait. 3 months.

amar212

The fact that it probably isn't just tells me Bungie isn't managing their time and resources as well as they should have.

The problem is mostly exacerbated by the middling amount of content. Would have expected the wait to be similar to Dark Below's wait. 3 months.

I personally blame Activision.

CoD has come to an crawl and the upcoming CoDAW DLC needs more attention from occurrent players.

I think Destiny is over performing CoD in both daily playing and attention and Activision is fighting against that.

Also, I think they decided to make even stretch between Expansions and Comet, in order to maximize attention.

But yes, making it May instead of March is truly epic foreshadowing.

Shito

One more day till reset. My playtime has slowed down to a crawl since finishing Hard Crota. I still need the flawless run but I don't care too much for it. Could've gotten it a long long time ago just never bothered to put in the time.

House of Wolves really should have come out in March |: The fact that it probably isn't just tells me Bungie isn't managing their time and resources as well as they should have.

Bungie really started handling this game badly ever since the first DLC released.
We got HM CE, that the vast majority of players don't want to run "for fun" like they did with HM VoG because of the bugs / heavy ammo requirements (to which Bungie decided to answer with a middle finger not selling heavy synthesis at Xur's ever since), and we are waiting for a patch that *may* fix a really old bug and introduce some nerfs nobody asked for.
Yay.
Even though I'm convinced the February patch will have at least one more thing to it, I'm not too hopeful it'll be anything really groundbreaking to keep people playing or make them come back to the game. The lack of content is one thing, but the stubbornness Bungie is showing in maintaining their "we know better than the players" attitude is really starting to wear down on the game. HM CE + no heavy synthesis at Xur is showing how much they wish to create an endgame content that is "challenging", not realizing that most players prefer an easier but funnier content to run each week, especially with the loot system they have in place. I don't want to struggle completing the nightfall and the raids each week if all I get out of them are ascendant and radiant materials. If that's how they want to handle the loot, we don't need "hard content", let it act as a weekly roulette of some sort and be done with it. But if they really do want us to be challenged every week, start working on a more clever loot system: I probably don't need 10 ascendant shards completing the nightfall with a 32 character...

Sullichin

They could have a "quality of life" patch before HOW: new bounties, allow us to reforge vendor weapons with commendations, mix up the vendor weapon selection, sell new shaders, give me a Gjallarhorn. Lots of little obvious things they could do.

joecanada

Honestly other than the usual complaints I think the pvp is really killing destiny too, it's what I always come back to good old competition with other players, no single player content needed for a battlefield or other good fps.
But destiny pvp has always wallowing... Horrible lag, glitches, etc. It's just not fun when your fusion grenades just go through people and the top players are shotgun wielding with bad Internet, that's the best combination you can have in destiny pvp...

Jinjo

They could have a "quality of life" patch before HOW: new bounties, allow us to reforge vendor weapons with commendations, mix up the vendor weapon selection, sell new shaders, give me a Gjallarhorn. Lots of little obvious things they could do.

Yeah, and then they can announce a new patch/upgrade system the day after that totally screws over the playerbase again lol.

someday

Banned
Honestly, new bounties and different modifiers on the daily missions would be great. I also think another difficulty increase in the highest strike playlist would be nice too, especially if there was a better chance of legendary drops there.

Shito

Yep, letting us reroll our legendary weapons like you can the IB ones seems like a no brainer, really. Could act as an easy coins sink as well, and give some use to the blacksmith. It would also be long lasting mechanism, since with each new content update people would be tempted to reroll their new weapons all over again.

raindoc

couple of things i'd really like to see happening in order to keep this remotely interesting:

• add some bounties, how hard can it be?
  • fix daily heroic rotation. i'm sick of The Wakening (a bounty too!) and defending Rasputin
  • add raid-events. you've got damage /difficulty modifiers - use them.
    Apart from not having to make a raid +1 level over the actual cap if you have "skulls" to scale difficulty in an interesting way, one could use different combinations of those applied to a raid to make old content a new challenge on future weekends.
  • custom "nightfalls". let us apply "skulls" to missions and strikes ourselves. scale loot drops to difficulty.

for Destiny 2: Surprise RNG drops are nice, not being able to work on a goal (= getting a certain piece) sucks. I won't continue playing this if there won't be an alternative to complete randomness in order to aquire certain gear.
i'm not talking about shortcuts, but a chance to earn the exotic item of your choice by "hard digital labor", similiar to the exotic weapon bounties. RNG/surprise loot drops should be the shortcut to great gear for players that are not blessed with time and skill, not a way to piss of dedicated players that are unlucky enough to still miss items of their desire after close to half a year of playing.

ocean

Banned
Been saying it for a long time. Raids with modifiers and special loot = instant frenzy.

Lightswitch/Arc Burn CE for armor with interesting stats and/or unique perks.

Nightfall Vault of Glass for a roll at 331 Fatebringer /gameover.

Honestly, new bounties and different modifiers on the daily missions would be great. I also think another difficulty increase in the highest strike playlist would be nice too, especially if there was a better chance of legendary drops there.

Watching promo videos before release, they talked about new content every day. That's how they were selling this game. The bounties have not changed since the game launched. That's just unacceptable. It just little things like that that breathe life into a game like this and it's just not happening. And the loot, where is the loot? There aren't that many exotics when you think about it and the legendaries don't drop often enough to make playing the game worthwhile. I would love some decent legendaries but where do I get them from? Go do patrol missions for hours and hours hoping a thrall drops a purple engram that may or may not turn into an actual legendary item? That's just not fun. And leveling faction rep is also pointless. It takes a long time to level a faction. Lots of grinding and for what? A strange coin if I'm lucky?

Shito

for Destiny 2: Surprise RNG drops are nice, not being able to work on a goal (= getting a certain piece) sucks. I won't continue playing this if there won't be an alternative to complete randomness in order to aquire certain gear.
i'm not talking about shortcuts, but a chance to earn the exotic item of your choice by "hard digital labor", similiar to the exotic weapon bounties. RNG/surprise loot drops should be the shortcut to great gear for players that are not blessed with time and skill, not a way to piss of dedicated players that are unlucky enough to still miss items of their desire after close to half a year of playing.
Yep.
Typically, we should be able to buy / craft any exotic in the game, at any moment, but it should take a great amount of time to do so. I'd be more than willing to grind my way through a Horn at the moment, and that would make me play way more than now just doing the weekly content and nothing more (and getting nothing of value out of it week after week).

Yesterday tried Crota's End for the first time.

We made it to Crota pretty fast, but didn't have time to kill him.

Overall it was more enjoyable than VoG. I hope I can find a party this evening to kill Crota.

There were two guys leading the part that knew very well what had to be done on every spot. The bridge part was pretty easy.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Woo reset day tomorrow. Can't wait for the game to give me shitty legendary items from NFs.

Also my 9th Dragon's Breath. Come on Deathsinger/Crota, you guys can do it.

Atheon is a cool guy though.

I kinda want to run the sword HM for some players and help them get dat loot but it's the lack of excitement from the community that is making my disire to play none existing as of now.
Woo reset day tomorrow. Can't wait for the game to give me shitty legendary items from NFs.

Also my 9th Dragon's Breath. Come on Deathsinger/Crota, you guys can do it.

Atheon is a cool guy though.
Ballerhorn drop incoming. Please don't be too disapointed.

You forgot about at least one NLB.

The two exotics from the "expansion". Wish they'd introduced more weapons and new perks for legendaries

I kinda want to run the sword HM for some players and help them get dat loot but it's the lack of excitement from the community that is making my disire to play none existing as of now.

Ballerhorn drop incoming. Please don't be too disapointed.

Did the urn quest with Milkham and his friend. We finished it only to realize that we need to see Xur again!! Lol we were very deflated and just stopped playing

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Honestly, it's expected. People will be back when HoW launches. There's like nothing to do right now because most people already have most exotics/gear/items, etc.

The two exotics from the "expansion". Wish they'd introduced more weapons and new perks for legendaries

Did the urn quest with Milkham and his friend. We finished it only to realize that we need to see Xur again!! Lol we were very deflated and just stopped playing
Yeah I feel like it just disappear after hearing about the "delay" DLC. I am a odd person, I personally enjoy helping people..
maybe thats why I am studying to earn my PhD in biomedical science or become a doctor in the future..

Honestly, it's expected. People will be back when HoW launches. There's like nothing to do right now because most people already have most exotics/gear/items, etc.
Agree eps since the DLC is "delay". There is noting to chase or earn for most of us now.
expect ballerhorn :p

Manp

man, i was going through reddit's buglist for this game and it really shows how little bungie cares about fixing stuff the community is reporting/asking.

stuff that has been badly broken since launch and they still have to even acknowledge :|

luckily while we wait for fixes we can get balance patches and "futures" no one ever asked for... or would ever ask for unless being some sort of masochist (i'm still looking at you exotic upgrades!) :|

Shito

man, i was going through reddit's buglist for this game and it really shows how little bungie cares about fixing stuff the community is reporting/asking.

stuff that has been badly broken since launch and they still have to even acknowledge :|

luckily while we wait for fixes we can get balance patches and "futures" no one ever asked for... or would ever ask for unless being some sort of masochist (i'm still looking at you exotic upgrades!) :|
Remember when they introduced the patch that made it more difficult to solo a weekly / nightfall? And how they reacted to it saying it was unintended and they would fix this?
Remember when they said a patch fixing the bullet-sponge aspect of some bosses was on its way?
Yeah...

Jinjo

Remember when they introduced the patch that made it more difficult to solo a weekly / nightfall? And how they reacted to it saying it was unintended and they would fix this?
Remember when they said a patch fixing the bullet-sponge aspect of some bosses was on its way?
Yeah...

Bungie: "We acknowledge the issue
and then proceed to do nothing about it hoping you guys forget about it.
."

Believe it. The only DB I have is the one purchased from Xur 2 weeks ago, because what the fuck am I going to do with 250 coins?

In fact I want Xur to sell NLB and/or 4th horseman next week so I can buy them :p

Manp

Yeah...

you know, i might be fine with them altering the way the game plays to follow their vision of "how we should be playing" instead of "playing in whatever the fuck way we like to actually have fun".
but the broken stuff and the bugs... even the simple things like weapons reporting the wrong number of bullets that has been broken since launch and they just don't care.

at the very least they should cut the "we're listening" bullshit because even if it's true it's also pretty clear that they don't give a shit about what they're listening to.

sorry for the rant :|

Shito

you know, i might be fine with them altering the way the game plays to follow their vision of "how we should be playing" instead of "playing in whatever the fuck way we like to actually have fun".
but the broken stuff and the bugs... even the simple things like weapons reporting the wrong number of bullets that has been broken since launch and they just don't care.

at the very least they should cut the "we're listening" bullshit because even if it's true it's also pretty clear that they don't give a shit about what they're listening to.

sorry for the rant :|
Nah, I agree with you.
The fact they still haven't fixed the bug where you're not credited with ammos when using a synthesis and your inventory is full speaks volume about it. This is a 100% repro bug, even with a complicated code base this should have been fixed eons ago.

123rl

Anyone fancy playing the Nightfall or Weekly Strike in a bit? Xbox One - gamertag is rlench.

I'll be on for a Raid later if anyone wants to join in. It's too easy to lose track of this thread so send me a PM or Xbox invite and I'll pick it up from there

Top Bottom