• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Steroyd

I have a lazy day away from Destiny yesterday and I missed not only Crucible trains but Bubble trains to?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Anyone have a normal mode Crota checkpoint I can steal?

Ok... still enlisting for tonight:

1) Glimmer Farming. I seriously need about 20K glimmer to purchase all the upgrades I already filled. I have 49 glimmer right now...

2) Hard Atheon x3. Couldnt bother with atheon this week. If any group is around, I'd like to get 3 quick kills for that hawkmoon chance.

3) Hard Bridge x 2 (Titan, Hunter). Hard Abyss x1 (Titan).

Does anyone fancy doing Crota normal mode later tonight (GMT), hopefully around 6PM? I play on XB1 and have the Deathsinger save.

Should add I don't have Icebreaker or BH do have a maxed out solar LDR though and Titan bubble with Glasshouse for that weapon of light boost. Never finished the raid before and would like to at least finish on Normal mode for once. Just a struggle to try and organise 6 of my friends for all to be free.

GT: D4rk Legacy

GT: Guitaratomik

I might actually have time to play tonight.

Steroyd

You getting online soon? I'm at the normal Crota cp now if you want to join whenever you log on. Anyone else that wants it can join, I can chill here for a bit eating breakfast.

Oh that's okay was going to save it for tomorrow, seeing as you have it there's no point, I'll just rob it after reset.

Ok... still enlisting for tonight:

1) Glimmer Farming. I seriously need about 20K glimmer to purchase all the upgrades I already filled. I have 49 glimmer right now...

2) Hard Atheon x3. Couldnt bother with atheon this week. If any group is around, I'd like to get 3 quick kills for that hawkmoon chance.

3) Hard Bridge x 2 (Titan, Hunter). Hard Abyss x1 (Titan).

I have glimmer and Atheon cp's if you need either. I'd be down for a little glimmer farm if there's a group going.

My laptop died and I hate using mobile so my posting might be infrequent/crappy but I'll try to keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks everyone who jumped into my dailies! It was fun playing with you!
Thanks. I was only in for about fifteen seconds and managed to die!
Almost done with that Thorn bounty. I had it once a couple of months back but only had a void sniper for the crucible section which was a recipe for failure so I abandoned it in a screaming rage and then regretted it ever since.

Happily, it popped up again on Friday and this time, armed with Atheons Epilogue and The Crash shotgun I was able to blitz the crucible portion in a couple of hours and numerous games of control.

Stuck on the final strike now, there was me thinking I'd just polish it off in 10 minutes (its Summoning Pits after all, I can play that strike in my sleep), but nooooooo. Its all yellow wizards and knights and thrall and fuck them all right in the ear.

Gonna have to rope in a couple of friends to help me complete it and finally get my hands on an exotic handcannon. Hawkmoon eludes me still though.
I need this on both of my characters and I'm on your friends list.

Oh that's okay was going to save it for tomorrow, seeing as you have it there's no point, I'll just rob it after reset.

Yeah I have normal d singer too so I thought that would be even better for easy exotic chances. Then we can ignore the second half of hm CE completely. (Just like Bungie did, ba-dum-dum).
Wow I hate posting on mobile.

I have glimmer and Atheon cp's if you need either. I'd be down for a little glimmer farm if there's a group going.

My laptop died and I hate using mobile so my posting might be infrequent/crappy but I'll try to keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks, man.

I'll send you a pm/psn message once I get home. Gonna be a while still tho (at work).

Deku Tree

ibgcFyGT6T3Mg0.png

disgusting-gif.gif

I wonder if they carry one person at a time and they bring a five man team... or how many people can be carried vs. how many experts need to come.

I can't imagine anyone with skills is paying cash to kill HM Crota... so you have to assume all the people being carried are scrubs.

So how many scrubs can be carried at once?

You could carry 3 scrubs very easily. 4 seems like it would be risky for "10 minute guarantee" and I doubt they do more than one, occasionally two scrubs at a time.

I have 812 :D Trying to get 1000 lol. Grave will probably beat me though.

He's still trailing my 870 afaik. But he's also the grind king and I haven't been trying to get ass for a while now. Don't need to try when it falls in your lap constantly, haha. Don't really do dailies, etc. My only ass income is VOG Gorgons and Atheon.

I wonder if they carry one person at a time and they bring a five man team... or how many people can be carried vs. how many experts need to come.

I can't imagine anyone with skills is paying cash to kill HM Crota... so you have to assume all the people being carried are scrubs.

I assume 2 can be carried through hard mode no problem.

1 "Expert" on the sword.
1 on boomers.
2 Dropping Crota's shield.
2 Scrubs helping on the shield, but they might as well die in the crystal room so they don't mess up the run.

E92 M3

You could carry 3 scrubs very easily. 4 seems like it would be risky for "10 minute guarantee" and I doubt they do more than one, occasionally two scrubs at a time.

He's still trailing my 870 afaik. But he's also the grind king and I haven't been trying to get ass for a while now. Don't need to try when it falls in your lap constantly, haha. Don't really do dailies, etc. My only ass income is VOG Gorgons and Atheon.

Same here. And if I wasn't playing with only 1 character until TDB, would have been way over 1000 already. That is life though, lol.

--

I want CASH4CROTA to be OT 18. PLEASE

5 scrubs at once. Carry harder damnit!

Deku Tree

I actually have a collection of video game sword replicas. My most prized are probably the two Buster swords. The Advent Children one is like 30lbs. I can't even lift it.

7445811482_b089889286_o.jpg

After I do the daily. I'm up for whatever.

I realize I'm a bit late responding to this... but that is an impressive collection Kadey! Do you have them on display or are they all laying on the floor like that most of the time? Were they all very pricey to buy? You buying a replica Crota sword? Love your sword collection!

Fake Edit: In other news all the usual huge posters have not been posting lately so I am now by default the top poster in this thread... wut?

I assume 2 can be carried through hard mode no problem.

1 "Expert" on the sword.
1 on boomers.
2 Dropping Crota's shield.
2 Scrubs helping on the shield, but they might as well die in the crystal room so they don't mess up the run.

You could have them stand on the far sides of the crystal room and snipe at crota to help make sure his shield drops without them being in firing range of the boomers or anything dangerous.

Ambitious

That's just awful :| I really hope with the weapons patch coming the address the necrochasm and fix the black hammer/word of crota perks as well.

Why yes, they will actually address the Necrochasm!

Auto Rifles
  • Reduce base damage of Auto Rifles by 2.5% (averaged across Rate of Fire stats, higher RoF took less of a reduction than low RoF)
  • Reduce effective range values so that damage falloff and accuracy are a stronger factor in combat decisions
  • Range reduction is less severe in the higher stat values, so now your range stat is more critical to long distance engagements

Necrochasm vs Fang of Ir Yut (Killing a level 33 Hallowed Knight)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhvDdhjFpio

Spoiler Alert! Necrochasm sucks so bad.

Not a fair comparison due to Hive Disruptor, yet, having said that, there really is no comparison that would put Necrochasm in a good light.

I always have to ask if Bungie playtests these guns. How could they ever think Necrochasm was worth it as is. We all called it before release just by looking at the stats, it boggles the mind. Maybe this was intended for some reason we don't understand.

Top Bottom