• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Dave_6

xplicitone, grimlock, spyder, Lnkn52 and/or whoever else from last week...

Any interest in running the full NM CE then two more Crota kills again this week after the reset? That was fun and I still need most of the armor for my Warlock and Titan, plus still no Black Hammer.

Not a fair comparison due to Hive Disruptor, yet, having said that, there really is no comparison that would put Necrochasm in a good light.

I always have to ask if Bungie playtests these guns. How could they ever think Necrochasm was worth it as is. We all called it before release just by looking at the stats, it boggles the mind. Maybe this was intended for some reason we don't understand.

It's the hive version of a nerf gun

Deku Tree

I've beaten HM Crota usually three times a week (and at least two times) every week so far and I have never been in a group where anyone got the Crux.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I only did 2 HM Crota kills this week. And I don't care to run it a third time.

Is this the beginning of the end?!

Deku Tree

HM Crota is too buggy and the timing required to complete the fight is too tight for an online game with lag and one little mistake often causes a wipe. So frustration and lack of fun even for a very good team with everything maxed. And most people have everything already and the rewards left are not exciting enough (or total trash like the Necrochasm) so yeah...

... I'm doing dailies until I have 800 of each planetary material (already have over 400 of each) and I'm doing reset raids and NF+Weeklies with my friends and otherwise that's it...

... it's kind of good to take an extended break... nobody can play the same game obsessively forever...

HM Crota is too buggy and the timing required to complete the fight is too tight for an online game with lag and one little mistake often causes a wipe. So frustration and lack of fun even for a very good team with everything maxed. And most people have everything already and the rewards left are not exciting enough (or total trash like the Necrochasm) so yeah...

Hello nail meet head

I've beaten HM Crota usually three times a week (and at least two times) every week so far and I have never been in a group where anyone got the Crux.

I didn't touch it the first week but beat it 7 times since (one extra to help friends) and have never seen the Crux drop for anyone in any group, either.

It's literally all I need to be done with HM for good, and I fear I will be chasing it for months.

noomi

That's really weird to me, it seems like EVERYONE got it the 2nd week of the hard raid, literally everyone in our fireteam got it that week. Bungie must have screwed up and increased the drop rate too much, and then stealth nerfed it to be much less frequent.

I'm still missing the ship and sparrow.... would really like that ship :p

I only did 2 HM Crota kills this week. And I don't care to run it a third time.

Is this the beginning of the end?!

Honestly, I don't blame ya man, I'm also starting to become a bit "meh" about doing everything now-a-days. I think tomorrow reset after we get out 3 normal kills, and then 3 hard kills in the evening that'll be it for me for the week :(

3rd Revenant shader...why... :(

Would love to get this shader, I've received 3 hanged man shaders so far. Want rev and bittersteel mostly. They look badass

That's really weird to me, it seems like EVERYONE got it the 2nd week of the hard raid, literally everyone in our fireteam got it that week. Bungie must have screwed up and increased the drop rate too much, and then stealth nerfed it to be much less frequent.

RNG hates me in Crota's End. The stingy bastard refuses to drop any weapon for me. I haven't gotten one to drop outside the first one that is guaranteed. I will probably give Crota many more attempts to try and fill out the raid loot. Good thing Abyss and Bridge have drops too otherwise I wouldn't have jack.

Steroyd

Necrochasm vs Fang of Ir Yut (Killing a level 33 Hallowed Knight)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhvDdhjFpio

Spoiler Alert! Necrochasm sucks so bad.

And they're going to nerf Auto rifles further to...

*Facepalm*

Not a fair comparison due to Hive Disruptor, yet, having said that, there really is no comparison that would put Necrochasm in a good light.

I always have to ask if Bungie playtests these guns. How could they ever think Necrochasm was worth it as is. We all called it before release just by looking at the stats, it boggles the mind. Maybe this was intended for some reason we don't understand.

First looked at the stats and was like "nope", but I held out that the explosion perk would be worth putting up with a shitty gun... it can't even take down thralls ffs.

... I'm doing dailies until I have 800 of each planetary material (already have over 400 of each) and I'm doing reset raids and NF+Weeklies with my friends and otherwise that's it...

... it's kind of good to take an extended break... nobody can play the same game obsessively forever...

It's possible if the game is supported properly post launch... unfortunately it feels like there's some animosity between Bungie and the players.

Lima

Hoping and praying that Bungie comes up with a buff like what they did for Thorn and take the Necrochasm from worst to first.

Thorn was already good before the patch. The patch just took it to godlike. There is nothing you can do to make Necrochasm worthwhile except maybe make it the bane of the hive or something. I'm thinking like 200-400% increased damage against hive. That would make it a powerful PvE weapon for certain activities.

Deku Tree

I'm still missing the ship and sparrow.... would really like that ship :p

I have one HM ship. One NM ship. No sparrows. But I have like lots and lots of Timebreakers and I hear the Crota HM sparrow is the same exact thing in a different color. I was hoping the HM Sparrow was covered in hive rock since it isn't and it otherwise is not different in any way it's kind of a Meh to me...

Manp

do bungie even playtest anything? i could list white nail, or phantom gift or the 2 different heavy ammo bugs but i'll just say you can see warlock's ass happily clip through the deathsinger's mantle when riding a speeder... it's there in your face, took like 2 seconds to notice and they shipped it like that :|

Steroyd

Hoping and praying that Bungie comes up with a buff like what they did for Thorn and take the Necrochasm from worst to first.

Thorn was still good before it's patch, if you really hated the reload speed, the Hunter's chain of woe was a good compensation for that weakness.

Only buff that will work for necrochasm is changing it into an entirely different gun.

Hyun Sai

I've been saying for months that around 5 people are still working on this game, and that may include Deej.

noomi

I have one HM ship. One NM ship. No sparrows. But I have like lots and lots of Timebreakers and I hear the Crota HM sparrow is the same exact thing in a different color. I was hoping the HM Sparrow was covered in hive rock since it isn't and it otherwise is not different in any way it's kind of a Meh to me...

Lol, same here, I've probably deleted upwards to 20 timebreakers now. Each week I run 3 Atheons and I get it at least twice :p

Even though the crota sparrow is the same, I just want to have it as part of the collection. Same goes for the ship... although the ship is pretty damn nice hehe.

I only use the Red Death now. I wanna be nasty with it so that when the patch comes out, I'm a champion pulse rifle user.

Yes, this is what it's come to for me now.

Wut? Rasputin is the longest mission, and most annoying imo. Wakening is so quick and easy, you can just run to the end without killing anyone and kill the soul with heavy and snipers real quick.

You stole his Thunderlord :p

It was pure karmic retribution, he was talkin' some smack after that Hawkmoon dropped earlier :p.

Thunderlord + Ruin Wings = <3 for the Abyss

Who needs Fatebringer when Thunderlord has stealth firefly perk?

I never tried it down there. I've got an upgraded one that I'll try come reset!

Man I've never ever seen that gun drop for anyone. Congrats on thunderlord though! I just got mine for the first time last week. Working on leveling that and my hard light that dropped.

It's funny, we both got Hard Lights and Thunderlords the same week. You from Raids and me from Crucible.

Is that a Thunderlord? I'll trade!

I can't believe you sharded your 2ND Hawkmoon! One per character before sharding!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/793502

For anyone without a Horn. I really want this to show up on my nameplate so please join.

Also, leveling up a new titan and almost hit 16 last night, anyone willing to help me with that last push to 20 tonight? (XB1)

You should join my clan the Gjallarhorny Fartbringers. Since joining, all but 2 of our members have received Gjallarhorns and Fatebringers! It works!

Jinjo

Necrochasm vs Fang of Ir Yut (Killing a level 33 Hallowed Knight)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhvDdhjFpio

Spoiler Alert! Necrochasm sucks so bad.

This is ridiculously hilarious. One may ask themselves indeed if Bungie even playtests their guns/own content after seeing this. I'm sure the guys and girls at Bungie are all good people, but this is shameful. The top-tier rarest reward in the entire game and this is what it does?

Why yes, they will actually address the Necrochasm!

Lol Flocki.

spyder_ur

Any interest in running the full NM CE then two more Crota kills again this week after the reset? That was fun and I still need most of the armor for my Warlock and Titan, plus still no Black Hammer.

I am definitely down for that. It's possible I'll have another day off from work for snow tomorrow, so could do it during the day but I'm guessing night is better for most.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Honestly, I don't blame ya man, I'm also starting to become a bit "meh" about doing everything now-a-days. I think tomorrow reset after we get out 3 normal kills, and then 3 hard kills in the evening that'll be it for me for the week :(

A large part of the "meh" comes from the fact that this is all we have until April/May/June. That was just deflating. I honestly thought Bungie would be releasing some new stuff/having events each week, if only small stuff like IB. Instead, we have next to nothing after 5 months with nothing in sight. Oh well.

Shito

A large part of the "meh" comes from the fact that this is all we have until April/May/June. That was just deflating. I honestly thought Bungie would be releasing some new stuff/having events each week, if only small stuff like IB. Instead, we have next to nothing after 5 months with nothing in sight. Oh well.
Maybe we'll get to see that Queen's Wrath 2.0 in the meantime!

Ha ha ha.
Ha.

Dave_6

I am definitely down for that. It's possible I'll have another day off from work for snow tomorrow, so could do it during the day but I'm guessing night is better for most.

Yeah I'll be at work until 5 PM CST so it would have to be at night around 6 or so.

Thorn was already good before the patch. The patch just took it to godlike. There is nothing you can do to make Necrochasm worthwhile except maybe make it the bane of the hive or something. I'm thinking like 200-400% increased damage against hive. That would make it a powerful PvE weapon for certain activities.

75-100% impact increase should help the necrochasm compete with other weapons.

Assuming all shots are crits

The necochasm does a total of 2856 damage per clip
The fang does 8424 per clip

The fang takes 9.6 s to evacuate it's clip and reload and the nercochasm takes 6s
So the necrochasm does 476 DPS and the fang does 877.5

If no shots are crits then the necrochasm does 378 DPS and the fang does 779

Anyone have a normal deathsinger checkpoint I could grab this evening? I haven't been playing much this week and might as well try to get 6 shots in at an exotic before the reset.

Yep. Prevailing theory is that they set the drop rate ridiculously low the first week (or it was bugged), then overtuned it the other direction the second week so it was real easy to get, and now it's probably about where they want it.

patchday

Honestly I was fine with the upcoming AR nerf for the sake of Crucible. Since I quit using ARs a long time ago (beyond Atheon's Epilogue when I need void)

But then a strange thing happened. NF granted me Hard Light AR

I really dig it too. Still I dont think the nerf will be too bad

E92 M3

Yep. Prevailing theory is that they set the drop rate ridiculously low the first week (or it was bugged), then overtuned it the other direction the second week so it was real easy to get, and now it's probably about where they want it.

Yes and unfortunately I wasn't one of the lucky ones =/

Shito

I'm just amazed that literally all the weapon exotics in TDB are trash. Well, Dragon's Breath isn't too bad, but it's still not very good either.
They tied their own hands by making no real distinctions between PVE and PVP.
They are so afraid to create a weapon that would be broken in PVP that they all end up being quite "meh" in PVE...
Even No Land Beyond, that, I suppose, was aimed at being a PVP weapon more than anything else, ended up crappy in the field it was meant to shine.

Manp

75-100% impact increase should help the necrochasm compete with other weapons.

Assuming all shots are crits

The necochasm does a total of 2856 damage per clip
The fang does 8424 per clip

The fang takes 9.6 s the evacuate it's clip and reload and the nercochasm takes 6s
So the necrochasm does 476 DPS and the fang does 877.5

If no shots are crits then the necrochasm does 378 DPS and the fang does 779

TTK or Time To Kill is important to bungie. they don't want to lower your enjoyment of the game by having you kill enemies too fast. and with the Nercochasm you won't kill enemies at all...

stb

I'd love to tag along or fill in.

hydruxo

Yesterday was the first day I didn't play Destiny at all since it launched in September

Like...I had no desire to get on. Haven't done bounties in like 4 days. Good thing reset is tomorrow.

Top Bottom