• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

TTK or Time To Kill is important to bungie. they don't want to lower your enjoyment of the game by having you kill enemies too fast. and with the Nercochasm you won't kill enemies at all...

Heh shooting a knight in the face while it restores health between clips is so much fun, thanks Bungie!

EL CUCO

Not playing HM Crota until bugs get fixed. It's really sad when a perfect run gets smashed at the end by some BS. Not losing a minute of sleep over something we have zero control over.

I hope Luke is working on a fix.

Deku Tree

Not playing HM Crota until bugs get fixed. It's really sad when a perfect run gets smashed at the end by some BS. Not losing a minute of sleep over something we have zero control over.

I hope Luke is working on a fix.

At least you got an "acknowledged" out of Urk.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Heh shooting a knight in the face while it restores health between clips is so much fun, thanks Bungie!

But...hive exploder! A 70% chance for an explosion that is worse than Firefly! Clearly the weapon would be OP if it were any more powerful.

Shito

So, what is it gonna be tomorrow?
It seems like they were still continuing the old cycle, adding some Omnigul strikes here and there, but with that surprise all burns Archon Priest this week I don't know where we're at anymore.
I take it it's going to be the Nexus, but is it going to be the arc one or the void one?

Manp

It seems like they were still continuing the old cycle, adding some Omnigul strikes here and there, but with that surprise all burns Archon Priest this week I don't know where we're at anymore.
I take it it's going to be the Nexus, but is it going to be the arc one or the void one?

last 2 or 3 NFs have been bearable thanks to the burns so if Nexus is going to be i'd say Void

spyder_ur

Argh I want to run sword for you..but don't have time :(

Yeah it appears a lot of us are in similar spots with destiny :/

You around later? I am pretty much free all day because of this snow. I don't care too much though; just chasing the scout rifle.

Less activity here means I'm gonna have to mess around with some mediocre game. I want to play THIS mediocre game, damnit!

They tied their own hands by making no real distinctions between PVE and PVP.
They are so afraid to create a weapon that would be broken in PVP that they all end up being quite "meh" in PVE...
Even No Land Beyond, that, I suppose, was aimed at being a PVP weapon more than anything else, ended up crappy in the field it was meant to shine.

Yeah, this has got to be the case. I really don't know what the solution is. I really do see the merit in having your PvE experience with a gun be relatively consistent in PvP, but at the same time it doesn't make sense considering how different the two are. They should probably give each gun a separate PvE and PvP stat and tune each accordingly, but I think they want to go the easier route of a blanket equation and that's not really working.

next DLC will bring a magic gun that restores enemies' health. maximum fun achieved!
images.jpg

Heh Fixed that :p

You around later? I am pretty much free all day because of this snow. I don't care too much though; just chasing the scout rifle.

Less activity here means I'm gonna have to mess around with some mediocre game. I want to play THIS mediocre game, damnit!
Hmm if you can get a group going soon, I can hop on for ~30 mins or till 12:15 pm EST whenever we start.

spyder_ur

I'll get the ball rolling on this Dave. Just gonna use last week's roster; let me know if you guys can make it. 7:30 still sound good?

1 Full Normal Crota Run + 3 Total Normal Crota Kills

6:00 CST (7:00 EST) Tuesday night

#ForeverBlackHammerless #ForeverFullOfCrota

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Berried_Treasure
6)Milfhouse6 (tentative)

Alt: Narmer212

I bet Void Nexus. Haven't had a pure Voidburn only in a while and Nexus is long over due.

I'll get the ball rolling on this Dave. Just gonna use last week's roster; let me know if you guys can make it. 7:30 still sound good?

6:30 CST (7:30 EST)

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Lnkn52
6)Milfhouse6

Alt: STB (Berried_Treasure)
p.s milfhosue6 is not on gaf. He is one of my really good gamer RL friends :)

Shito

last 2 or 3 NFs have been bearable thanks to the burns so if Nexus is going to be i'd say Void

I bet Void Nexus. Haven't had a pure Voidburn only in a while and Nexus is long over due.
That's what I think as well, but meh, I hate soloing void Nexus.
Will have to investigate at that cheesing spot from up top, the one to the left of the room takes forever during void burn...

Arc Omnigul?

probably
I was thinking that for a good final laugh, they could troll us by making it Omnigul only two weeks after the last one...

spyder_ur

I never bought the "Nightfall Wheel" as anything more than a list of the past Nightfalls rather than a predictor of future ones, but I think it's fair to say it's been pretty much blown up at this point.

So...who knows?

Dave_6

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Lnkn52
6)Milfhouse6

Thanks man! My Warlock and Titan need all the CE armor they can get. Plus I think the Black Hammer is going to elude me for so long like the FB did.

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Lnkn52
6)Milfhouse6

haha just posted as well. Sounds good. Was going to check if 6pm CST / 7pm EST (original time) is ok with everyone

I'm guessing Nexus with solar damage since its been a while since we had solar only.

Yeah, this has got to be the case. I really don't know what the solution is. I really do see the merit in having your PvE experience with a gun be relatively consistent in PvP, but at the same time it doesn't make sense considering how different the two are. They should probably give each gun a separate PvE and PvP stat and tune each accordingly, but I think they want to go the easier route of a blanket equation and that's not really working.

We all know they are playing the same game as us yet it took them pulling a bunch of data showing no one uses pulse rifles to tell them they sucked rather than observe that on their own. I completely support data driven decisions, but a lot of these things don't require tons of data. Simple playtesting should bring to light a lot of issues on the surface.

I would hope that every Exotic gun is designed such that they are good, servicable guns before unlocking their unique perk. Then unlocking the perk gives them the edge that makes them special and fun to use. That is unfortunately, not seemingly the case.

Haybro

I have two 32's and a 31 character, and I've only done a NM crota checkpoint this week.

It feels like if I'm not on at reset or the beginning of the week, it's getting tougher to find groups by the weekend. I think I might try and run some nightfalls before work tomorrow.

stb

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Lnkn52
6)Milfhouse6

This is for tomorrow, right?

Lnkn52

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Lnkn52
6)Milfhouse6

Sorry Black Hammer Boyz but I can't make it this week. Going to a Kingsman: The Secret Service screening tomorrow.

Deku Tree

I have two 32's and a 31 character, and I've only done a NM crota checkpoint this week.

It feels like if I'm not on at reset or the beginning of the week, it's getting tougher to find groups by the weekend. I think I might try and run some nightfalls before work tomorrow.

You can sign up for one of Hawkians noob raids on Thus at 9pm est (alternates between VoG and CE) or he also does sword school on Sunday's at 9pm est too.

stb

Thanks man! My Warlock and Titan need all the CE armor they can get. Plus I think the Black Hammer is going to elude me for so long like the FB did.

I got a second black hammer when I ran NM this week. =\ Felt guiltier sharding that than I did Vex. Stupid RNG.

spyder_ur

This is for tomorrow, right?

Yup, that work for you? I think it took us 90 minutes-2 hours last week for a full run through and 3 Crota kills, including time spent swapping, grabbing CPs, etc. Real fun time and good group.

Sorry Black Hammer Boyz but I can't make it this week. Going to a Kingsman: The Secret Service screening tomorrow.

Got it, thanks. Berried you're up. Will make the change.

Lnkn52

Yup, that work for you? I think it took us 90 minutes-2 hours last week for a full run through and 3 Crota kills, including time spent swapping, grabbing CPs, etc. Real fun time and good group.

I can vouch for this statement. It's a group full of comedians lol

stb

Why would you do that? Keep one for all your alts

Simple: no alts.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I just started a warlock and hunter for the trophies. Warlock almost hit level 11, and the hunter's newborn at level 4. I'm only going to take them to the trophy, then nuke at least one to roll a second titan as a legitimate alt so I can have 2 stabs at armor (and everything else) every week.

By the time I get the warlock and titan to 20 to max out the first subclass for the trophy, THEN get a titan to 20 to even be able to use the second black hammer, AND still be playing my main titan, it'll be like 2 months from now and BH probably won't be that relevant anymore.

stb

Yep, the timing and duration is a-ok. And yeah, great group.

Got it, thanks. Berried you're up. Will make the change.

Yay! I mean... sorry lnkn52 can't make it. =)

Edit: sorry for the double post. Is the thread slowing down? I remember a time where it was literally impossible to double post between the posting rate and 30-second pause between being able to post.

Homeboyd

That was totally not the fault of the Necrochasm. You were using the gun in the wrong situation. A fight on timer is not where Necro would shine. In a regular fight, give it a couple of hours, I'm sure can down that knight with the Necro just fine. ;)
I killed a dreg with my nechrocasm once. True story. I swear.

Top Bottom