• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

I'll get the ball rolling on this Dave. Just gonna use last week's roster; let me know if you guys can make it. 7:30 still sound good?

1 Full Normal Crota Run + 3 Total Normal Crota Kills

6:30 CST (7:30 EST)

#ForeverBlackHammerless #ForeverFullOfCrota

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Berried_Treasure
6)Milfhouse6 (tentative)

Alt:

I'd like to get in on this if possible.

Edit: Is this for tonight or tomorrow night?

Deku Tree

75-100% impact increase should help the necrochasm compete with other weapons.

Assuming all shots are crits

The necochasm does a total of 2856 damage per clip
The fang does 8424 per clip

The fang takes 9.6 s to evacuate it's clip and reload and the nercochasm takes 6s
So the necrochasm does 476 DPS and the fang does 877.5

If no shots are crits then the necrochasm does 378 DPS and the fang does 779

That's.... just.... I don't know... why can't the rarest and hardest to get end game exotic primary weapon have higher DPS in PvE than every other primary weapon in the game? Is that so hard to do?

That's.... just.... I don't know... why can't the rarest and hardest to get end game exotic primary weapon have higher DPS in PvE than every other weapon in the game? Is that so hard to do?

The unique perk should also come into play. If you are fighting lots of mobs, that DPS goes way up if explosion is proc'ing, but still, it is trash in every situation.

Namikaze1

Currently looking at Destiny PS4 stats

- Guardian Lord is still at 0.1%
- Only 15.2% of the PS4 playerbase has maxed out their Crucible marks
- Relic Hunter remains the least unlocked Bronze trophy in the game with only 3.5% having unlocked it
- Flawless Raider is at 0.3%
- Clan based trophies are under 10% unlock rate (individually)
- only 2.4% has collected 50 dead ghosts

rNilla

The unique perk should also come into play. If you are fighting lots of mobs, that DPS goes way up if explosion is proc'ing, but still, it is trash in every situation.

In my limited experience with the Necrochasm, the Cursebringer perk seemed to have a delay before triggering which made it even more useless in the Abyss versus Firefly.

Straight up garbage.

Lnkn52

ryu_hd_hadouken_by_juniorbunny-d5188st.gif

Yep, the timing and duration is a-ok. And yeah, great group.

Yay! I mean... sorry lnkn52 can't make it. =)

Edit: sorry for the double post. Is the thread slowing down? I remember a time where it was literally impossible to double post between the posting rate and 30-second pause between being able to post.
as Hawkian said it, we are currently in a refractory period :p
instead of apoptosis which I said

Namikaze1

In my limited experience with the Necrochasm, the Cursebringer perk seemed to have a delay before triggering which made it even more useless in the Abyss versus Firefly.

Straight up garbage.
Why you using Necrochasm? Shouldn't you be using the Ultimate Weapon, No Land Beyond?

Straight up garbage.

Fatebringer still the king. All they need to do is make Necrochasm the Fatebringer of ARs and it is a special weapon. Like just mentioned. Give it a 100% increase to impact. Make Cursebreaker trigger on every kill, now we are talking about an Exotic weapon justifying its existence.

E92 M3

- Relic Hunter remains the least unlocked Bronze trophy in the game with only 3.5% having unlocked it

Confirmed: flawless raider is at that 0.3% scrub level.

Come on, we know he finally got his fatebringer because he finally brought me along! :)

So many variables; so many thank you letters.

Namikaze1

Even if it was possible to equip those two weapons at the same time, it still wouldn't do enough damage to take down a level 33 Knight.
If there's one person that can kill a level 33 Knight with NLB, it's rodiard. He will make it happen even if it takes him an hour to do so.

EL CUCO

If there's one person that can kill a level 33 Knight with NLB, it's rodiard. He will make it happen even if it takes him an hour to do so.
I want to see him put up video of dropping one of those Wizards, Ogres, or Knights from start to finish.

He aint fooling anyone with those gifs of killing adds that are at 0.1% health with NLB ;)

rNilla

Level 33 Knight with NLB? Challenge accepted.

My experience with Destiny the past three days has been: login, complete the Daily with NLB, log out.

Rubenov

Fatebringer still the king. All they need to do is make Necrochasm the Fatebringer of ARs and it is a special weapon. Like just mentioned. Give it a 100% increase to impact. Make Cursebreaker trigger on every kill, now we are talking about an Exotic weapon justifying its existence.

A 150% increase in impact would make more sense.

Sorry guys, I just don't care about most of these things, the only ones I have are the clan based ones and maybe relic hunter. Haven't even touched crucible in months.

LTWood12

Cool. I'm in for being an alt if you guys need it. GKW212 is my PSN.

I also need to get some normal mode DS and Crota in tonight since I haven't really played much this week. Still looking for the horn.

Planning on running some Normal and HM Crota tonight. Still chasing Oversoul Edict, Hunger, and the Crux.

Dammit it happened again guys!

Went 35 to 8 but still lost by 1200 points. I guess it didn't help that no one in my team actually made a positive

patchday

I have two 32's and a 31 character, and I've only done a NM crota checkpoint this week.

It feels like if I'm not on at reset or the beginning of the week, it's getting tougher to find groups by the weekend. I think I might try and run some nightfalls before work tomorrow.

Since the raid grants 0 xp/glimmer I think there is no point running NFs/Weekly on Tues. So now on tues/wed I just focus on the raid mostly.

NF/Weekly is much easier to put together a team. Because all you really need is two solid players. Even with destinyLFG I can recruit 1 solid random sometimes So I run weekly/NFs later during the week

Planning on running some Normal and HM Crota tonight. Still chasing Oversoul Edict, Hunger, and the Crux.

Cool. Hit me up. I am not sure I can slog through another HM Crota but I'm definitely down to actually enjoy myself and run through normal mode.

I think one of the smoothest Crota HM runs I've had was when I did it with your group a couple weeks ago.

LTWood12

Cool. Hit me up. I am not sure I can slog through another HM Crota but I'm definitely down to actually enjoy myself and run through normal mode.

I think one of the smoothest Crota HM runs I've had was when I did it with your group a couple weeks ago.

Yeah that was a lot of fun! That was w/ Hawk right? I'll hit you up this evening. Should be on around 7:30 CST.

Homeboyd

Ways to improve nechrocasm:

- increase impact 700%
- increase mag size to 1000 rounds, 20,000 in reserve
- increase stability by 500%
- make it not an exotic
- have cursed thrall explosions = gjallarhorn blast radius/dmg w/ wolf pack tracker jackers
- tape 2 of these together side by side for one gun and then allow me to dual wield two of these at the same time

Then maybe I'll use it for patrol.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well the Cabal are nice with me now, they leave their arms up to point you the direction of the next Public Time Event!
cEa9QEu.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Looks like tomorrow might be The Devil's Lair with Void Burn or if Bungie really wants to punish us Omnigul with Arc Burn

Namikaze1

Well the Cabal are nice with me, now they leave their arms to point you which direction the next Public Time Event is!
cEa9QEu.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Looks like tomorrow might be The Devil's Lair with Void Burn or if Bungie really wants to punish us Omnigul with Arc Burn

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one.

Iceman829

I killed a dreg with my nechrocasm once. True story. I swear.

I almost downed hard mode crota's shield with my nechrocasm once. Unfortunately my team was firing these worthless rocket launchers at him and he didn't kneel. Maybe next time we will use concentrated nechrocasm fire to down him quickly.

rNilla

That is beautiful! Can I have a NLB vs. Necrochasm DPS comparison video? Preferably against level 33 hallowed ogres.

No comparison needed. Necrochasm is straight up garbage.

Disqualified for using excessive melee and shotgun while having NLB ammo :p

Whatever man, they were just getting in my way at that point. :)

I think I was more strict today but I'm not going to take on a pack of Thrall close range with a sniper, NLB or not.

Manp

i actually completed a couple of roc omnigul strikes with the necrochasm... and got 4 legendary engram from them :|

Anyone need to run lamps-deathsinger HM tonight? Or even Normal at this point

I need to run it 2x but maybe only 1 hard and 1 normal. Just want the shards/energy and exotic drop.

Top Bottom