• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Deku Tree

You still made NLB's everywhere proud. I wish I had one on each toon
I only use it for the heavy ammo trick

I have been using the Word of Crota
for the heavy ammo trick
and it works great and I have one of them on each toon and I have dismantled two others of them.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My bet is on Nexus. Been the longest since that strike I believe.

Well we didn't get Winter's Run for long ass fucking time, due to Omnigul being added in on 3 week rotation, sometimes bypassing the strike that was suppose to come up the next after and just skipped

If it's Nexus tomorrow, they would have to bypass Sepkis, Phogoth to get there
muhYe4L.png

As you can see next NF in line is The Devil's Lair
Then I'm guessing Omnigul will be back with Arc burn
Then we get Nexus, Phogoth loses it's spot cause Omnigul takes it

todd360

Currently looking at Destiny PS4 stats

- Guardian Lord is still at 0.1%
- Only 15.2% of the PS4 playerbase has maxed out their Crucible marks
- Relic Hunter remains the least unlocked Bronze trophy in the game with only 3.5% having unlocked it
- Flawless Raider is at 0.3%
- Clan based trophies are under 10% unlock rate (individually)
- only 2.4% has collected 50 dead ghosts

We are special snowflakes. Are parents will be proud.

Deku Tree

Well we didn't get Winter's Run for long ass fucking time, due to Omnigul being added in on 3 week rotation, sometimes bypassing the strike that was suppose to come up the next after and just skipped

muhYe4L.png

Does any web site have a list of every NF and weekly that we have had so far?

Shito

muhYe4L.png

But we didn't get the Nexus that we were "supposed to" before getting Omnigul last week. It made us "skip" two spots in the wheel...

E92 M3

What are the stats like over on X1 side? I'm quite curious.

Unfortunately we don't get fancy stats like that.

I think I delivered on my promise, just took two tries though. :)

I'm glad you finally got it!

You don't know how frustrating it has been lol.

Don't believe axoman. It took the blood of the Lord of Thunder to drop a thunder hand cannon.

The goblet of blood was required and Axo was the catalyst.

spyder_ur

muhYe4L.png

I think we can completely ignore the wheel at this point. I'm surprised people are still citing it.

Shito

I think we can completely ignore the wheel at this point.
Yep.
If anything, it can still probably be used to list which burns each strike can get (I don't think we got any new combination since Omnigul released), but nothing more.
At one point they were simply adding Omnigul in it, but with this week it seems it has completely gone to being a new thing altogether.

Anybody here using Bad Juju in crucible?

I like it for something different and between that and Obsidian Mind I'm getting a super every couple minutes. But I'm wondering if I should be using Send It or Perfect Balance. I usually like longer range on my weapons but if the Perfect Balance will control the bursts better then I wonder if it's better overall for accuracy at range.

Question for the following team:

1 Full Normal Crota Run + 3 Total Normal Crota Kills

6:30 CST (7:30 EST)

#ForeverBlackHammerless #ForeverFullOfCrota

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Berried_Treasure
6)Milfhouse6

Is 6pm CST as originally slated last week ok for everyone?

EDIT: Just made a psn group chat, easier to communicate this

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looking through that google doc that was posted, it took Archon 3 months roughly 12 weeks of NF rotation for it to appear
Last time we saw it was in Mid-November

Any reset team need someone for 2-3x Crota HM kills, NFs, Weeklys, Atheon HM, Gorgon?

I don't think I want to wake up at 4am EST but I can do any reasonable time after that.

Anyone up for a weekly hard run this afternoon to get those coins before tomorrow before the reset? Would like to play around 4-4:30 EST but if I got 2 willing to help, could play as late as 8.

PSN - TheApatheticOne

Dave_6

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Berried_Treasure
6)Milfhouse6

Yes, fine with me.

spyder_ur

1)xplicitone
2)grimlock
3)dave
4)spyder_ur
5)Berried_Treasure
6)Milfhouse6

Fine with me as well. I just guessed at a time. Changed it on the first post.

Deku Tree

I found this listing of all the weeklies and NF:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ttCjALDk8PftrIs9kTLrgnQ/htmlview?pli=1

I don't think we will see another Omigul for 2-3 weeks.

It was Omnigul first week of DLC
Then after two different strikes it was Omnigul again.
Then after three different strikes it was Omnigul again.
We have had Omnigul three times so far.

Edit

Does recovery stat matter in Crota fight where you can't auto-recover your health? If not should you max out your armor and agility instead?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gHY-HxWprF6UtPfuH-6AOpbY5x0kH01PYspboi1O9Y8/edit#gid=0

The wheel was being followed perfectly (not counting Omnigul) until last Archon was replaced by Sepiks and now it's all guesswork.

Thanks! I missed your post before I found it again on my own..

Maybe this was intended for some reason we don't understand.

To punish us for OG hard Atheon cheese.

Obviously I'm being sarcastic... Mostly... But I do remember this: when I first beat hard VoG the "hard raid" trophy was at 0.1% and actually less common than the flawless raider trophy. After the cheese hit, the percentage shot through the roof very quickly, up to at least 2-3% and I think it was much higher than that after a short time, maybe 5+% (at 10.9% now). I assume Bungie knows the exact cheese stats.

It trivialized the Vex to a weekly rng roll requiring no skill, which subsequently broke pvp for any match that had Vex users. So now people could dominate Crucible using a weapon they almost certainly cheesed the highest end game content to acquire. I think cheese in general and especially this cheese in particular are why HM CE was delayed a ~month. ARs in PvE have been murdered for many reasons but I think this history is definitely part of the Necro's dumpster fire.

stb

*snip*

+1 for the PSN chat, but 6 CST is a tight for me. I'm off at 5, but my commute can be anywhere from 20-60 minutes, and there's no predicting where it'll land on any given day.

If the worst happens, please wait for me. If I don't say anything, it means I'm en route. if something happens where I'll be delayed more than 30 minutes or can't make it at all, I'll def send a PSN message to at least one person in the group.

Peeps running VoG HM; I have been getting a relic glitch at the final phase of the Templar for the last several weeks. I always end up being the relic holder who goes down solo to handle harpies and take down the Templar's shield. However, during our first attempt of the final phase, the relic will not damage oracles or containment shields. I grab the relic, encounter starts, but as soon as I go to smash an oracle or get out of a containment shield, nothing happens. Anyone else experience this?

Going to orbit and loading back in always resolves this glitch, but every time I go to run the relic, it doesn't work on the first go. Really weird. Typically this isn't a big deal, but last night my entire group lost the Templar check point because we all had a Gorgon CP, and forgot to reset our CP's before starting a fresh run. Foolish mistake, but wouldn't have been an issue if that dumb relic glitch didn't happen every time.

jeffc919

Looking through that google doc that was posted, it took Archon 3 months roughly 12 weeks of NF rotation for it to appear
Last time we saw it was in Mid-November

That's interesting. Maybe it's on some sort of gradual cool down so it will eventually just show up only as often as the others. Of course by then the HoW strike will probably be getting the special treatment.

(hoping that the DLC exotics are operating on a similar system so they will stop dropping so often)

noomi

Peeps running VoG HM; I have been getting a relic glitch at the final phase of the Templar for the last several weeks. I always end up being the relic holder who goes down solo to handle harpies and take down the Templar's shield. However, during our first attempt of the final phase, the relic will not damage oracles or containment shields. I grab the relic, encounter starts, but as soon as I go to smash an oracle or get out of a containment shield, nothing happens. Anyone else experience this?

Going to orbit and loading back in always resolves this glitch, but every time I go to run the relic, it doesn't work on the first go. Really weird. Typically this isn't a big deal, but last night my entire group lost the Templar check point because we all had a Gorgon CP, and forgot to reset our CP's before starting a fresh run. Foolish mistake, but wouldn't have been an issue if that dump relic glitch didn't happen every time.

This happens to me 90% of the time, it seems it only happens when you cheese the oracles and then the templar, and yes going to orbit fixes the issue.

jeffc919

I found this listing of all the weeklies and NF:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ttCjALDk8PftrIs9kTLrgnQ/htmlview?pli=1

I don't think we will see another Omigul for 2-3 weeks.

It was Omnigul first week of DLC
Then after two different strikes it was Omnigul again.
Then after three different strikes it was Omnigul again.
We have had Omnigul three times so far.

Edit

Thanks! I missed your post before I found it again on my own..

oops, I really meant to quote this post.

+1 for the PSN chat, but 6 CST is a tight for me. I'm off at 5, but my commute can be anywhere from 20-60 minutes, and there's no predicting where it'll land on any given day.

If the worst happens, please wait for me. If I don't say anything, it means I'm en route. if something happens where I'll be delayed more than 30 minutes or can't make it at all, I'll def send a PSN message to at least one person in the group.

No problem, we will shoot for 6 and group up via Party chat and then go when everyone is ready

Axoman

Going to orbit and loading back in always resolves this glitch, but every time I go to run the relic, it doesn't work on the first go. Really weird. Typically this isn't a big deal, but last night my entire group lost the Templar check point because we all had a Gorgon CP, and forgot to reset our CP's before starting a fresh run. Foolish mistake, but wouldn't have been an issue if that dumb relic glitch didn't happen every time.

Has happened to me multiple times.

Cool. Hit me up. I am not sure I can slog through another HM Crota but I'm definitely down to actually enjoy myself and run through normal mode.

I think one of the smoothest Crota HM runs I've had was when I did it with your group a couple weeks ago.

Ha, this is pretty much where i'm at. Running through normal just pisses me off about hard mode that much more. Normal is actually fun and allows you the breathing room to appreciate the encounter design.

Once I get the Crux of Crota I'm never running HM CE again. I also wanted the new sparrow but truthfully I can live without having it.

noomi

Once I get the Crux of Crota I'm never running HM CE again. I also wanted the new sparrow but truthfully I can live without having it.

This is what I said the first week during crota hard, now... meh... I really kind of don't mind it. Once you get it down pat, it ain't so bad.

I just keep running it for dem exotics.

Which if I get "the one" tomorrow my destiny time will probably take a huge dip. Will still continue playing Tuesdays and pvp every once in a while. I need to beat my backlog... badly.

75-100% impact increase should help the necrochasm compete with other weapons.

Assuming all shots are crits

The necochasm does a total of 2856 damage per clip
The fang does 8424 per clip

The fang takes 9.6 s to evacuate it's clip and reload and the nercochasm takes 6s
So the necrochasm does 476 DPS and the fang does 877.5

If no shots are crits then the necrochasm does 378 DPS and the fang does 779

It's also so much easier to crit with the scout rifle

Happens to me all the time. I use R2 to kill the Oracles instead, but it is maddening how hard it is to line up. I'm just used to it since I'd say jump smashing the Oracles works about a third of the time for me.

I need 3 sparrows, just for namesake purposes!
How can I be a GraveRobber without a Graverobber sparrow for each of my Guardians!

Haha I was thinking the same thing but I'll just let each of my guardian have a different sparrow. One will have Timebreaker, the other Graverobber and the last one will have the trick sparrow or if I can find the white/black rare sparrow and upgrade it.

It's really not that bad. I'll always want to run it because don't like leaving loot on the table.

This is what I said the first week during crota hard, now... meh... I really kind of don't mind it. Once you get it down pat, it ain't so bad.

I just keep running it for dem exotics.

Which if I get "the one" tomorrow my destiny time will probably take a huge dip. Will still continue playing Tuesdays and pvp every once in a while. I need to beat my backlog... badly.

The only exotic that can be dropped that I need is the MIDA. Once I get that I'm not farming Atheon, gorgon chest, Deathsinger or Crota anymore.

Level 33 Knight with NLB? Challenge accepted.

My experience with Destiny the past three days has been: login, complete the Daily with NLB, log out.

Fatebringer still the king. All they need to do is make Necrochasm the Fatebringer of ARs and it is a special weapon. Like just mentioned. Give it a 100% increase to impact. Make Cursebreaker trigger on every kill, now we are talking about an Exotic weapon justifying its existence.

Needs a larger magazine as well. It really hurts it's already abismal DPS

What will you do then? Stop playing once you get a MIDA?

Max out my Voidwalker and Striker Titan, farm grimoire points, and I still need to get Paxic Warlock exotic chest, and St 14 exotic Titan helmet. But that just means I'll log in to do NF and weeklys and check in on Xur.

I plan to cut my Destiny play time down soon, once 1886 drop and I even may pick up Battlefield Hardline next month. Destiny will be fresh to me once HoW is released and I can enjoy the game again.

Top Bottom