• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

nowai

This happens to me 90% of the time, it seems it only happens when you cheese the oracles and then the templar, and yes going to orbit fixes the issue.

My team of three didn't cheese oracles this weekend and had the relic issue. Going to orbit fixed it.

E92 M3

Yes Darryl what's the point of farming for the MIDA if your going to stop playing once you get it?

Seems to be a weird trend of going on for desiring a weapon to only stop playing once obtained. Personally, I seek weapons so I can have fun with them and play around.

Max out my Voidwalker and Striker Titan, farm grimoire points, and I still need to get Paxic Warlock exotic chest, and St 14 exotic Titan helmet. But that just means I'll log in to do NF and weeklys and check in on Xur.

I plan to cut my Destiny play time down soon, once 1886 drop and I even may pick up Battlefield Hardline next month. Destiny will be fresh to me once HoW is released and I can enjoy the game again.

I kinda want to get Battlefield Hardline, but I prefer the warfare setting compare to cops vs robbers. Plus bloodborne comes out a week after it.

I kinda want to get Battlefield Hardline, but I prefer the warfare setting compare to cops vs robbers. Plus bloodborne comes out a week after it.
Did you play the Beta? It's been accused of being DLC wrapped up in a full game, but it felt more like mod quality to me.

Has it been confirmed that you can't get Crux of Crota if you ran normal mode first?

Seems to be a weird trend of going on for desiring a weapon to only stop playing once obtained. Personally, I seek weapons so I can have fun with them and play around.

Yeah, I never understood that either. For me, I like to run the high level content as a challenge and to obtain the weapons I want. Then I take them to the playground to have fun, aka ROC playlist. You can really appreciate what sets each weapon apart when you do playlists. Making more varied strike playlists would go a long way. I don't understand why we only get a handful of modifiers and why they are reserved for NF and weeklies only.

MrS

Banned
The chase is better than the catch.

Have we beat the Halo OT count yet?!

Did you play the Beta? It's been accused of being DLC wrapped up in a full game, but it felt more like mod quality to me.

Has it been confirmed that you can't get Crux of Crota if you ran normal mode first?

Yeah I played it..for like ~hour. It def does feel like a mod to me.

And no idea about the Crux being unavailable if you run normal mode first.

BFH Alpha was definitely a mod/DLC to me and I doubt they did anything different since. Definitely not $60 worth.

That's not true. I ran Normal crota 3x this current week then Hard Crota and got my first Crux.

BFH Alpha was definitely a mod/DLC to me and I doubt they did anything different since. Definitely not $60 worth.

That's not true. I ran Normal crota 3x this current week then Hard Crota and got my first Crux.
Good to hear. I want to stop being #FOREVERNOSECONDBLACKHAMMER and also get a Crux for completion sake.

LordofPwn

Welp looks like i'll be only raiding and Nightfalling this week. I dont even need to do Crota hard raid anymore (have everything including Crux), if anything i need to do normal (still no shotgun). Will be up for atheon fights tonight and throughout the week. need like 14 more.

Only focused on Grimoire at this point until HoW drops.
2805 right now

Deku Tree

Only focused on Grimoire at this point until HoW drops.
2805 right now

What guide do you use to grind Grimoire? How do you know what you need to do to increase your score? How do you know which Grimoire is bugged (i.e. impossible to get right now)? What is the max Grimoire score?

jeffc919

I played the hell out of BF:BC2, BF3, and BF4 but I'm sitting this one out. I'll be back on board whenever the next (military) BF comes out (likely bugs and all!) Most likely will go back and play BF4 again at some point too. I don't think I played the final DLC at all and may have barely touched the one before that. It really is a unique PvP experience but one that I'm just a little burned out on at this point.

Played the BFH beta last summer and wasn't feeling the whole cops and robbers theme at all. Didn't like the new game modes either.

Still looking for 2 here in a bit :(

Anyone up for a weekly hard run this afternoon to get those 9 coins before the reset tomorrow? Would like to play around 4-4:30 EST but if I got 2 willing to help, could play as late as 8.

PSN - TheApatheticOne

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Anyone up for a weekly hard run this afternoon to get those 9 coins before the reset tomorrow? Would like to play around 4-4:30 EST but if I got 2 willing to help, could play as late as 8.

PSN - TheApatheticOne
If I'm free anywhere in that timeframe and you still need, I'm happy to help.

edit: we wouldn't need another to get it done, this is a particularly easy one to duo

LordofPwn

What guide do you use to grind Grimoire? How do you know what you need to do to increase your score? How do you know which Grimoire is bugged (i.e. impossible to get right now)? What is the max Grimoire score?

I dont need no guide. I use the app.
My Guardian Inventory and Allies are maxed.
Enemies I need rank 3 Ogres (117 to go) and Hydras (119 to go)
Mercury is glitched otherwise my Places is done.

For Activities I need:
Strikes (bugged in that only normal strikes off the map give completions and most give you 3 points instead of 1) i'm at 176 of 250
Raids (bugged, Only Atheon kills give points) 36/50
Crucible Playlist need rank 2 Rumble (26/100) and Salvage (29/100), Rank 3 Skirmish (55/100) Doubles and Combined arms are glitched.

I can get my score as high as 2850, Destiny Tracker says i can get to 2860 and thats with the glitched cards so that tells you how many extra ghosts i've found

GhaleonEB

PSN - TheApatheticOne

If I'm free anywhere in that timeframe and you still need, I'm happy to help.

edit: we wouldn't need another to get it done, this is a particularly easy one to duo

Nat (my daughter) is hoping to knock off the Nightfall before the reset tomorrow. She can be on about 3 PST or later, if there's room. She did the weekly this weekend.

Once I get the Crux of Crota I'm never running HM CE again. I also wanted the new sparrow but truthfully I can live without having it.

lol I got the Crux and haven't run HM Crota since. It's comical how bad your team can be and you still kill NM Crota.

Honestly, though the last major thing I want to accomplish is getting UR to it's namesake perk which should happen this evening and messing around with it in PvP. Other than that my play is going to drop off a cliff. N3DS w/ MH4U and MM this week. The Order 1886 next week. Plus I'm upgrading my PC tomorrow.

I might just do the weeklies if that. There's not really anything on the exotic side of things I really want that I don't already have.

M3Rocket

Yeah, there's a strat to it, and I do what you said above, then retreat into the cave area ad battle the ads while taking pot shots at the crystal, I usually end up getting killed by boomers, cursed thralls or blowing myself up with rockets hah.

I still find solo wakening easier than solo rasputin, at least if you die you don't have to fight 5 waves of wizards, knights and thralls again.

Plus, there is a cave to the left you can use for cover and health regen.

Fist of Crota is the best though, short and sweet and oh so easy. I've probably done it over a 100 times in couple of weeks for easy and fast bounties.

A few pages late, but...

There are very "cheese/safe spots" in the final rooms of both The Wakening (NOT the cave/alcove on the left in that room) and Rasputin. In any case, with the right load-out, solo'ing either of these missions isn't too bad--both typically takes me 15 minutes or so even taking out all the adds along the way. If one were solo speed-running those missions, it would probably take 10 minutes or less.

Here are the stats from my last solo Rasputin run yesterday. You can see it took a little over 20 minutes, but you can also see by the enemies I killed, I actually spent 5 to 7 minutes of it waiting and completing a Public Event in the Mothyards (extraction crews) before I went onto the actual mission.

We completed Rasputin here in 8 minutes with a 3-man fireteam. And here, solo Wakening in about 19 minutes.

Deku Tree

A few pages late, but...

There are very "cheese/safe spots" in the final rooms of both The Wakening (NOT the cave/alcove on the left in that room) and Rasputin. In any case, with the right load-out, solo'ing either of these missions isn't too bad--both typically takes me 15 minutes or so even taking out all the adds along the way. If one were solo speed-running those missions, it would probably take 10 minutes or less.

Here are the stats from my last solo Rasputin run yesterday. You can see it took a little over 20 minutes, but you can also see by the enemies I killed, I actually spent 5 to 7 minutes of it waiting and completing a Public Event in the Mothyards (extraction crews) before I went onto the actual mission.

We completed Rasputin here in 8 minutes with a 3-man fireteam. And here, solo Wakening in about 19 minutes.

Where is the cheese safe spot in both missions? Thx!

border

Where is the cheese safe spot in both missions? Thx!

There is no cheese spot in Siege of the Warmind as far as I know. The trick with that mission is to hit each of the spawning Wizard/Knight groups with a rocket the absolute moment they appear, and the resulting explosion and detonation of Cursed Thralls will (with luck) wipe them completely. So at worst you only have to fight 2 groups.

The cheese spot in The Wakening is on top of the large rib bone that is on the right side of the room. From there you can take out wizards without worrying about Thralls or Knights. When the wizards or the crystal start firing at you just jump up and down so they can't get a lock on your position.

The Wakening has an additional cheese spot in the back right, up in the bone formation. It's hard to kill anything there, but you are mostly safe from all the enemies. It's a good place to retreat to if you're about to die on top of the bone.

There is no cheese spot in Siege of the Warmind as far as I know. The trick with that mission is to hit each of the spawning groups with a rocket the absolute moment they appear, and the resulting explosion and detonation of Cursed Thralls will (with luck) wipe them completely.

The cheese spot in The Wakening is on top of the large rib bone that is on the right side of the room. From there you can take out wizards without worrying about Thralls or Knights. When the wizards or the crystal start firing at you just jump up and down so they can't get a lock on your position.

The Wakening has an additional cheese spot in the back right, up in the bone formation. It's hard to kill anything there, but you are mostly safe from all the enemies. It's a good place to retreat to if you're about to die on top of the bone.

Siege of the Warmind, stand behind the computer against the back wall. The thralls come to that spot but are easy to handle and the Wizards very occasionally can fire at you from up close.

2real4tv

Any Crota HM kill happening?
Can try to put group together would like to start asap.

1 bigmanny287 lvl 32 hunter or titan w/ghorn
2 homer lvl 32 hunter with ghorn
3 illiniguy05
4 ethomaz

You don't have to list what you have. Anyone else interested.

Top Bottom