• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Okay, a couple of things here:

1) At some point they updated the Destiny app. Now under Crota's End (in advisors) there are 4 loot boxes instead of 3. However, I'm not sure how they are ordered. Basically, I'm pretty sure I killed Crota on Hard as my Titan this week, but I only see 3 of 4 lights lit up. Was the 4th one added Ir Yut? Or do they light up left to right now matter what? I'm pretty sure I skipped Ir Yut, but I'm also not sure if I ran Crota on Tuesday or Monday of last week.

2) I don't know how it happened, or why. If it was a mysterious blessing, or a forgotten surprise but somehow, yesterday in my vault I was looking at all my exotic weapons sitting there (taking up like 18 of the 20 slots) and I noticed the rocket launchers. There was a G'horn next to my Dragon's breath. Only... I already had my 331 G'horn on my Titan. Maybe it was my Warlock's? So I logged out and back in as my Warlock. Nope, he had his 312 G'Horn on him. So I guess I have a 3rd G'horn now. I don't know when I got it, or how. I have no idea how long it's been in the bank. It has a 331 max cap, so I guess I got that going for me. Quite an odd surprise really.

Well the Cabal are nice with me now, they leave their arms up to point you the direction of the next Public Time Event!
cEa9QEu.jpg
2661237-2132891356-t2_mq.jpg

Siege of the Warmind, stand behind the computer against the back wall. The thralls come to that spot but are easy to handle and the Wizards very occasionally can fire at you from up close.

Seige of the Warmind has a crazy easy cheese spot. Jump up top where you find the dead ghost. Then just shoot everything from above. Barely anything can touch you, and you have plenty of room to fall back.

Remomanji

Neo Member
Can try to put group together would like to start asap.

1 bigmanny287 lvl 32 hunter or titan w/ghorn
2 homer lvl 32 hunter with ghorn
3 illiniguy05
4 ethomaz

You don't have to list what you have. Anyone else interested.

PSN Remomanji - lvl 32 Titan. I have the CP if it is needed.

Where's the dead ghost?

There are actually 2 in that room. One is in the little basement like area just sitting on a shelf in the wall. The other is on top of Rasputin himself, or whatever you want to call that giant geometrical shape.

Basically, jump on the boxes around the middle. Use them to jump onto one of the 4 wire clusters. Use the wire clusters to jump on top of Rasputin. Dead Ghost is at the peak of Rasputin.

cilonen

I'm away with work this week. No Destiny for me until Friday when I'll have to deal with the crushing disappointment of another crappy Xur visit.

I'll need to do a bunch of nightfalls and weeklies come Friday evening.

M3Rocket

Ok... still enlisting for tonight:

1) Glimmer Farming. I seriously need about 20K glimmer to purchase all the upgrades I already filled. I have 49 glimmer right now...

2) Hard Atheon x3. Couldnt bother with atheon this week. If any group is around, I'd like to get 3 quick kills for that hawkmoon chance.

3) Hard Bridge x 2 (Titan, Hunter). Hard Abyss x1 (Titan).

Silver--hit me up if you see me on tonight. I could use one more Atheon hard kill (I have the CP) and don't mind helping with the other things on your list.

I didn't touch it the first week but beat it 7 times since (one extra to help friends) and have never seen the Crux drop for anyone in any group, either.

It's literally all I need to be done with HM for good, and I fear I will be chasing it for months.

I literally work off the premise that I won't "get" anything worthwhile completing the weekly task. I play because it's still fun for me and to help my gaming friends. So I'm constantly "happy" when something worthwhile drops. ;-)

I hadn't seen the Crux drop either for anybody. Till it did for me on my 6th Crota hard clear yesterday. I have two level 32 characters and a level 13 alt that I use for storage. Between the two, RNGesus blessed me with all the TDB weapons by the 4th hard clear last week. OTOH, I have yet to get the Foil, Timepiece or VoC from the VoG raids with 3X more clears.

So anecdotally, the adjustments they made to the drops in TDB has worked well for me. I still don't a have a full VoG raid armor set for my Titan, whereas I obtained complete sets of Crota raid armor for both my Warlock and Titan within the first six clears of normal Crota.

forrest

formerly nacire
Well...I deleted my titan and rolled a third hunter. After starting as a hunter, rolling a second hunter and then leveling and playing both warlock and a titan (mostly for the achievements) I just don't feel like grinding rep on multiple characters or really leveling up multiple sets of gear. Going to stick with what I like and know well and only really focus on my main as far as reputation, events and pvp are concerned.

That being said, I just hit 20 this morning on him and will be looking to run Nightfall, Weekly, HM Aetheon, Gorgon's Chest, and I'm still up in the air about doing NM/HM Crota as it will be his first kill and I still need Hunger of Crota, Graverobber Sparrow and Crux of Crota.

Needs a larger magazine as well. It really hurts it's already abismal DPS

That certainly doesn't help, however, if it was buffed to be a monster AR gun with much higher impact and more frequent cursebreaker, the small magazine would be an appropriate tradeoff for something so powerful. As it stands, it is just another handicap on an already crippled gun.

I literally work off the premise that I won't "get" anything worthwhile completing the weekly task. I play because it's still fun for me and to help my gaming friends. So I'm constantly "happy" when something worthwhile drops. ;-)

I hadn't seen the Crux drop either for anybody. Till it did for me on my 6th Crota hard clear yesterday. I have two level 32 characters and a level 13 alt that I use for storage. Between the two, RNGesus blessed me with all the TDB weapons by the 4th hard clear last week. OTOH, I have yet to get the Foil, Timepiece or VoC from the VoG raids with 3X more clears.

So anecdotally, the adjustments they made to the drops in TDB has worked well for me. I still don't a have a full VoG raid armor set for my Titan, whereas I obtained complete sets of Crota raid armor for both my Warlock and Titan within the first six clears of normal Crota.

I am just fooling myself. Once I get the Crux, I won't leave the chance at exotics on the table, hah. Hard mode is just such a chore because I have to find a group for it every time. I think I rule at not running the sword, but that means very little in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure I'll settle in with a group at some point, and then I'll be all up in hard crota's end, crux or not.

M3Rocket

Where is the cheese safe spot in both missions? Thx!

There is no cheese spot in Siege of the Warmind as far as I know. The trick with that mission is to hit each of the spawning Wizard/Knight groups with a rocket the absolute moment they appear, and the resulting explosion and detonation of Cursed Thralls will (with luck) wipe them completely. So at worst you only have to fight 2 groups.

The cheese spot in The Wakening is on top of the large rib bone that is on the right side of the room. From there you can take out wizards without worrying about Thralls or Knights. When the wizards or the crystal start firing at you just jump up and down so they can't get a lock on your position.

The Wakening has an additional cheese spot in the back right, up in the bone formation. It's hard to kill anything there, but you are mostly safe from all the enemies. It's a good place to retreat to if you're about to die on top of the bone.

There you have it--you can tell where the safe spot in the back right of the bone formation on the Wakening--it has a green crystal formation lighting it.

Siege of the Warmind, stand behind the computer against the back wall. The thralls come to that spot but are easy to handle and the Wizards very occasionally can fire at you from up close.

Behind the computer platform is somewhat safe if you have at least a 2-man team. As mentioned, it is easy to get overwhelmed here with Wizards, knights and cursed thralls in the later waves. But nothing a Titan bubble couldn't solve. :)

Seige of the Warmind has a crazy easy cheese spot. Jump up top where you find the dead ghost. Then just shoot everything from above. Barely anything can touch you, and you have plenty of room to fall back.

The cables formations and the top of the Warmind are absolutely safe spots, but limits your vision of the arena and prolongs the encounter since you have to keep moving and hope the majors move towards the edges of the arena for you to spot kill.

The multiple spots I've found (by accident in the second week after TDB was released), you can easily see the arena and easily shoot rockets out of. I have not seen anyone point out these spots on YouTube.

There are four of these "diamond formations" in the room that you can get on. There are invisible walls on these which work quite strangely as you can only fire a primary/sniper out at certain angles eventhough it looks clear. And if you throw a grenade, you can hurt yourself since it sticks to the invisible wall. But rockets fly through this barrier with no problems. So it's easy to rocket all the groups as they spawn, then rocket at the wizards from these eight spots (two on each side of these formations). Thralls and knights can't get to you, and Wizards may shoot at you, but mostly hit the invisible wall.

I can show you sometime when we're online at the same time...

phen0m24

That is awesome.
Too bad it'll be dismissed because of a spelling mistake in Gjallarhorn... ^^

First thing I thought.

Xur could definitely sell "Gjallahorn"
which would just be a repainted 300-damage Hezen Vengeance
for 10 coins and see how many fall for it

Matush

So I got the crux earlier today. If anyone is wondering, it was on my 2nd completion, I was sswordguy and I didn't have EA with me (it wasn't even fully upgraded). So yeah, it's random as much as Xur is...

P.S. Yep, Necrochasm is horrible.

Namikaze1

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nat (my daughter) is hoping to knock off the Nightfall before the reset tomorrow. She can be on about 3 PST or later, if there's room. She did the weekly this weekend.
ApatheticOne is asking about the Weekly Heroic, but I am happy to help with the Nightfall as well. 6PST would work for me

Crucible is fun with gaffers. I tried a few solo games yesterday just because I only had time for a few matches and they were all soooo bad. People leaving right away and overall bad teams. It makes it not tolerable. I'd definitely recommend joining DGAF trains if possible.

Defyler

Whether we walled it or walled, we've stepped into a wall with the walls on walls. So let's get to taking out their walls, wall by wall.

Walls Ta'wallurc.

From what I can gather he walls the wall dancers from an imperial land wall outside the Wallicon. He's well walled, but with the right walls, we can wall through those walls, take his wall out, and all their grip on the wall hold.

phen0m24

Omnigul is the last of Crota's generals. She is the architect of her master's awakening. As long as she lives, the threat of Crota's return will haunt the world. Track her down and exterminate every Hive that stands in your way.

The Dust Palace is lost to us again - back in Cabal hands.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one.

zCV48D9l.png

You can smooch me anytime NAMI!

Omnigul is the last of Crota's generals. She is the architect of her master's awakening. As long as she lives, the threat of Crota's return will haunt the world. Track her down and exterminate every Hive that stands in your way.

"swiggity swooty, I'm comin' for that Nami booty"
dFnEG86.gif

Whether we walled it or walled, we've stepped into a wall with the walls on walls. So let's get to taking out their walls, wall by wall.

Walls Ta'wallurc.

From what I can gather he walls the wall dancers from an imperial land wall outside the Wallicon. He's well walled, but with the right walls, we can wall through those walls, take his wall out, and all their grip on the wall hold.

FlavorFlav.png

This doesn't really fit... but I thought it was kind of funny and close enough.

Top Bottom