• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Hedera

Yep sent you a FR just now. I'll go ahead and start it. If anyone would like to jump in, just send me an FR.

1. me
2. greyblade/ MrAnderson
If you can save me a spot I still have a 30 Titan that I would like to run the weekly with. Just need to switch weapons. I'll add you.

B9bI3npIgAAYL9s.jpg

Anyone need help with NF or weekly? PSN is greyblade. I'm willing to be a backpack for people.

Edit: doing daily now if you want to join.

...my left thumbstick won't let me consistently sprint or move forward, and is becoming more and more unplayable with every session

Have you tried taking the controller apart and cleaning it? Sounds like debris under the thumb stick. He'll while you're in there replace the standard ones with the ones from an Xbox one controller.

LiK

no work again tomorrow. i might be up for Crota NM after reset. Drizzay, lemme join you if you're on around that crazy time lol

spyder_ur

no work again tomorrow. i might be up for Crota NM after reset. Drizzay, lemme join you if you're on around that crazy time lol

Yup, me too - just got word but knew it was a 'wipe' when the T announced they were shutting down. This is insane. I think Boston Public Schools have been open something like 4 of the last 12 scheduled days - my neighbor works there and I've been giving him a hard time.

But the bottom line is I should be around tomorrow for some stuff if others are. And I guess it is time to start drinking.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol...he was excited to see nat playing.
oh my god my heart XD That was the second time I got to that point with Nat, I was SO having flashbacks

The little man came through with the clutch res though. you're raising fine soldiers in that household.
Have you tried taking the controller apart and cleaning it? Sounds like debris under the thumb stick. He'll while you're in there replace the standard ones with the ones from an Xbox one controller.
This is my next step, does anyone have a video guide on how to do this? I googled and googled.

oh my god my heart XD That was the second time I got to that point with Nat, I was SO having flashbacks

The little man came through with the clutch res though. you're raising fine soldiers in that household.

This is my next step, does anyone have a video guide on how to do this? I googled and googled.

Little privates :-/

I tried taking one apart so that I could paint it and the top cover is a little difficult to take off. I stopped cause I didn't want to break anything. If you search YouTube im sure there are lots of cleaning videos

I want to give him credit, but that was me. When you both went down he passed off the controller. 28's are so squishy in the nightfall.

I'm thinking of dismantling Atheons Epilogue, Found Verdict, Praedyths Timepiece, and Praedyth's Revenge.
I'll keep The Vex, VoC and CM for now.
Bungie can pry FB from my cold dead hands.

Hope you never have to do the Thorn bounty again. It's the only reason I would keep AE and PR around. Timepiece is garbage but may be decent after buff, but I would rather go with Edict.

I guess I am behind the curve as always, but I still have about 3-5 slots open for each weapon type on each character and about 8 slots in my vault for weapons.

I found that screenshot while going through my Destiny collection today. I'm sure it was taken on accident, way back on December 22. It just struck me as apropos absurdist humor I guess. (edit: it's especially apropos for me right now but not for the "obvious" reason, haha).

We will be reset raiding like usual, 4am EST sharp. I am the Brett Favre of DGAF after all.

All the regulars will be present initially, but Steroyd has to leave after ~45 minutes so we were going to (hopefully) bust out 3x normal DS+Scrota then there'd be a spot open for whatever, probably 3x Gorgons-->Atheon then 1-3x HM CE abyss+bridge and/or 3x NFalls. We can even do HM Scrota if people want, I've arrived at a transcendent Zen-like acceptance of that encounter by now. I'm sure we could get you in there around 5am if you'll be awake and available. As always, I defer to the judgement of the group.

Hope you never have to do the Thorn bounty again. It's the only reason I would keep AE and PR around. Timepiece is garbage but may be decent after buff, but I would rather go with Edict.

I guess I am behind the curve as always, but I still have about 3-5 slots open for each weapon type on each character and about 8 slots in my vault for weapons.

That would be so nice. I'm trying to keep a fang of ir yut, abyss defiant, and a word of crota on each character but that's 6 extra weapons I don't have space for. If I was willing to delete the VOG weapons I would be ok but I just can't delete them. Same with the IB weapons. I love how the IB weapons look

Ahh now those invites while playing Rogue Legacy on my Vita make sense....

:)

Drizzedit: only better if that screen included the picture of Skeletor

Apparently Quinn has been playing on my Hunter a lot. Any free spots I had were filled with greens.

Of course it's my warlock that needs the class mats.

That would be so nice. I'm trying to keep a fang of ir yut, abyss defiant, and a word of crota on each character but that's 6 extra weapons I don't have space for. If I was willing to delete the VOG weapons I would be ok but I just can't delete them. Same with the IB weapons. I love how the IB weapons look

I actually don't understand how everyone has storage issues, unless you insist on keep lots of dupes or something to try to reduce vault transfers between characters.

Trakan

I actually don't understand how everyone has storage issues, unless you insist on keep lots of dupes or something to try to reduce vault transfers between characters.

If you have all/most of the exotics, VOG raid weapons, and now Crota raid weapons, there's simply not enough room. I don't like keeping specific weapons on certain characters either because I'll forget where they are or have to load up that character to get something when I need it, like for a nightfall burn.

I also have a bunch of PVP weapons on my Hunter that take up space.

GRIP

So I just got my newly made Titan to level 29 and was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to carry me through the nightfall.

PSN GriP17-

aah thanks, so you actually have to pop it open. I'm not really confident with console hardware. Looks like I'm getting a new one and shipping this'n back to Sony land

It's really not that hard; the worst part is when you get to the triggers. Other than that it's just 5 total screws.

I have a question about the
first guy out the door jumps behind the right tower and distracts the Knight boomers
HM Crota strategy...

It seems that the swordbearer gets aggro'd and ducks into the right room on occasion, screwing up the timing.

I'm thinking that the strategy could also work by
having that first person instead hide in the Ogre room the whole time, being careful to only shoot when the sword goes down so the swordbearer doesn't run into the room, but if he does he can DPS the swordbearer and take him down.

Any thoughts?

Abylim

The VoG weapons are killing me. One of each of the good ones on all three. I did just realize that one of my problems was my theory that carrying an exotic increases the chance of rolling said exotic. I have a lot of vault space taken up by special and heavy exotics that I don't want any more of.

It might not matter.

I have gotten 3 Suros' over the past few weeks, and I never run the NF or Weekly with a Suros on me.

I also got a Last Word from crucible, while my current Last Word was chilling in the vault.

first guy out the door jumps behind the right tower and distracts the Knight boomers
HM Crota strategy...

It seems that the swordbearer gets aggro'd and ducks into the right room on occasion, screwing up the timing.

having that first person instead hide in the Ogre room the whole time, being careful to only shoot when the sword goes down so the swordbearer doesn't run into the room, but if he does he can DPS the swordbearer and take him down.

Any thoughts?
Heavy ammo "glitch" and spam heavy :p
Swordbearer can't hide from my sniperhorn

Deku Tree

Never doing thorn bounty again. Why use Thorn when I have two Hawkmoon's? Even if I was going to do it again I have Word of Crota and Swordbreaker now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any thoughts?
I don't really like that strategy, in addition to the reasons you've mentioned it's pretty clearly an exploit. It's only even worth considering if you don't have a Defender in the party, because a distract bubble accomplishes the same thing with no downsides.

Having one person stay in that room permanently is an option as you've said but there are a lot of variables. It could work. But if a bubble isn't an option I think I'd still prefer dedicating one person to stagger/aggro the knights from the ledge

Lima

HM Crota strategy...

Any thoughts?

That strategy sucks so don't use it.

If your sword bearer is a hunter and uses his invis the boomers will never even look at him 99,9% of the time. We never have anyone on boomer duty.

ethomaz

Banned
HM Crota strategy...

Any thoughts?
Use bubble... one more guy to shot G.horns.

Top Bottom