• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

It might not matter.

I have gotten 3 Suros' over the past few weeks, and I never run the NF or Weekly with a Suros on me.

I also got a Last Word from crucible, while my current Last Word was chilling in the vault.

Yeah, I think it's probably a bad theory. I may reverse course soon, but I haven't been rewarded with dragon's breath since vaulting it.

I don't really like that strategy, in addition to the reasons you've mentioned it's pretty clearly an exploit. It's only even worth considering if you don't have a Defender in the party, because a distract bubble accomplishes the same thing with no downsides.

Having one person stay in that room permanently is an option as you've said but there are a lot of variables. It could work. But if a bubble isn't an option I think I'd still prefer dedicating one person to stagger/aggro the knights from the ledge

That strategy sucks so don't use it.

If your sword bearer is a hunter and uses his invis the boomers will never even look at him 99,9% of the time. We never have anyone on boomer duty.

I do like the Titan bubble strategy more, because of the aformentioned issues, but when the tower distraction works it REALLY works. It simply eliminates those boomers and makes those annoying deaths caused by their fire disappear.

Oh yeah, thanks for the run J_rocca, picked up my Fang scout and my first Thunderlord, GREAT drops for me.

Now I never have to do HM again

I agree hiding-behind Tower rock strat is unnecessary. Sometimes it works great, other times it goes haywire. Titan bubble strat is extremely reliable and easy, you can even stick a low level/experience team member in the bubble. Ideally sword runner is a hunter who has invis active as much as possible, boomers shouldn't be an issue unless something really goofy happens and they get off a few perfect shots on you.

haha don't try to make too much sense of my kooky posts. Mainly just a funny picture of a dead enemy stuck in level geometry that also happened to feature GR-X by some cosmic coincidence.

"lol fig post" is an inside joke of sorts I guess, I might be the only one in on it though. Used to indicate a post with very few words, in typical fig-ian style. It would make more sense if I could find the old OT posts where it originated. The spoiler-tagged part is just because I haven't seen her post much at all recently. Exactly half as many OT17 posts as our new fearless leader Deku!

Frostburn

1) GKW212 (me)
2) Frostburn - US-Frostburn
3) Dave_6
4) Hawkian
5) haybro_
6) Frostburn's friend

Normal mode Crota run starting as soon as everyone is loaded in. 8:30 was the start time so we can wait till then if needed. Will start a party chat up now.

Waiting on Hawk and Haybro right now, party invite sent

Can we please curb the obnoxious "did Bungie even playtest their game" rhetoric? So sick of reading this preface every complaint post, valid or invalid.

Namikaze1

haha don't try to make too much sense of my kooky posts. Mainly just a funny picture of a dead enemy stuck in level geometry that also happened to feature GR-X by some cosmic coincidence.

"lol fig post" is an inside joke of sorts I guess, I might be the only one in on it though. Used to indicate a post with very few words, in typical fig-ian style. It would make more sense if I could find the old OT posts where it originated. The spoiler-tagged part is just because I haven't seen her post much at all recently. Exactly half as many OT17 posts as our new fearless leader Deku!
She's on vacation for the week.

phen0m24

oh my god my heart XD That was the second time I got to that point with Nat, I was SO having flashbacks

The little man came through with the clutch res though. you're raising fine soldiers in that household.

This is my next step, does anyone have a video guide on how to do this? I googled and googled.

Sorry bud the other day I was watching Nat and didn't realize you rezzed me. :(

phen0m24

I'm not. It was getting too loud, so I left the room. I'll have to check on them. I'm pretty sure they are having fun though.

I initially had the Snowball plugged in and realized the error of my ways.

Josh was chasing jaaz Jr with tnt.
Someone went swimming in lava.
They are nuts.
Leroy Jenkins was mentioned.

We are doomed. :p

http://n4g.com/news/1668985/destiny-is-a-hit-who-cares-if-its-profitable

So many people hate this game for no good reason. Just reading the comments on this N4G story is hilarious.

Sometimes I feel that every FPS fan out there wanted Destiny to be another Halo or COD. Why do so many gamers flock like sheep to play the same tired games? I picked up COD:AW and played for about a week. Then it sat on my game cabinet for weeks until yesterday when I took it to GameStop and put the trade value into The Order.

Bungie is sailing on unthreated waters here to some extent, at least give them props for that.

jaaz

I initially had the Snowball plugged in and realized the error of my ways.

Josh was chasing jaaz Jr with tnt.
Someone went swimming in lava.
They are nuts.
Leroy Jenkins was mentioned.

We are doomed. :p

Lol, I've had to tell jaaz jr. to be quiet twice now because Momma is trying to watch TV and is not happy. And you know what that means...

I take full blame for Leeroy Jenkins. I showed him the video once. What have I done?!?

I haven't been on a team that did the "guy shoots a wall" strategy since my first HM clear, but I find it vastly superior to the bubble distraction.

First, it's foolproof. While I only remember a few wipes from Titan mistakes (falling off ledge, getting killed trying to rocket), it's more than the 0 the wall shooter would assuredly contribute.

Second, it frees up a bubble for the Ogre room without the need for multiple titans. One team I was on had one titan, and that lone titan was using the bubble for the boomers. Not having the bubble in the ogre room caused multiple wipes. The bubble in the ogre room helps against the second ogre and the ascent up the steps, which is the only dangerous part of the fight for the rocketers.

Third, it is a more consistent way of keeping the boomers distracted. A couple of times, I've seen the boomers shoot the swordbearer after the bubble was up because the Titan didn't stay to aggro (or whatever they have to do, I never do that role, so idk what exactly went wrong those times).

Yes, I'm sure everyone I played with is just the worst or whatever the response will be. I am just relaying my experience. And yes, the wall shooting is way cheesier - to the point of really being an exploit as opposed to a strategy. But all that said, I consider it a much better method if I have to choose one, and it's odd seeing people ignore the benefits it provides, especially in random groups. Of course, if your group of 4 can't consistently dps Crota enough to take down the shield in a timely manner, the bubble strat would be the only viable route. I am also aware that having a stealth swordbearer who needs neither strategy is preferable.

All that said, I feel like people who roll in consistent groups shit on random groups who do whatever they can to get by, and it's pretty easy to be high and mighty about what methods are allowable when you're not in that position.

Haybro

Normal mode Crota run starting as soon as everyone is loaded in. 8:30 was the start time so we can wait till then if needed. Will start a party chat up now.

Waiting on Hawk and Haybro right now, party invite sent
Sorry man, the party invite is just spinning for me with a please wait message.

I have a question about the
first guy out the door jumps behind the right tower and distracts the Knight boomers
HM Crota strategy...

It seems that the swordbearer gets aggro'd and ducks into the right room on occasion, screwing up the timing.

I'm thinking that the strategy could also work by
having that first person instead hide in the Ogre room the whole time, being careful to only shoot when the sword goes down so the swordbearer doesn't run into the room, but if he does he can DPS the swordbearer and take him down.

Any thoughts?

The only time I'd recommend this is if you are carrying a low level, like a 30 through Crota. Just stick them back there so they don't die and they can be useful. Otherwise you need the DPS on Crota.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I want there to be a raid with more than 6 people. How about a party of 12 against Oryx. And each person counts.

Ha, ok. But I am going to have to question your top of page posting oversight. That was substandard. You knew better :p

Maybe it was secretly genius in an esoteric kind of way.

Lnkn52

aah thanks, so you actually have to pop it open. I'm not really confident with console hardware. Looks like I'm getting a new one and shipping this'n back to Sony land

edit: they'll definitely give me a white one back, right? D:
This is my controller setup. It's probably not as a drastic change as the xbone sticks but they still feel great.

4DuATpe.jpg

I want there to be a raid with more than 6 people. How about a party of 12 against Oryx. And each person counts.

I feel like you could do a lot more with 12-18 people, like break them up to do different objectives for a level in a raid. I think it will happen in the future. Bungie just needs to nail down a formula that works first for raids(e.g. vog and CE are on two opposite ends of the spectrum IMO), and once they do that they can explore things like bigger raid teams.

Deku Tree

Exactly half as many OT17 posts as our new fearless leader Deku!

My posting will probably fall off a cliff next week. We will see but I will be very far away from my PS4.

http://n4g.com/news/1668985/destiny-is-a-hit-who-cares-if-its-profitable

So many people hate this game for no good reason. Just reading the comments on this N4G story is hilarious.

Sometimes I feel that every FPS fan out there wanted Destiny to be another Halo or COD. Why do so many gamers flock like sheep to play the same tired games? I picked up COD:AW and played for about a week. Then it sat on my game cabinet for weeks until yesterday when I took it to GameStop and put the trade value into The Order.

Bungie is sailing on unthreated waters here to some extent, at least give them props for that.

N4G
comment sections are almost as bad as Youtube. It's why I stick mostly to GAF. Trolls have a relatively short lifespan here.

That is actually a good article. I liked it. And yeah comment sections on the Internet are too often a trash heap.

Deku Tree

We need 12 player PvE horde mode in the rocket yard. Face endless waves of Hive and Fallen. Choose your modifiers. Last as long as you can with online leaderboards.

Edit you know the topic is slowing down when I get a double post with a three minute gap.

lunlunqq

For the new page.

Anyone wants to do HM VoG? Will start as soon as team is full.

PSN: lunlunqq

1. Lunlunqq
2. Forza_aldi
3. Xion385

Need 3 more.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I need one more for Weekly and Nightfall. I'm getting started by myself already.

PSN : coolasj19

Top Bottom