• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I may pick up this game tomorrow (PS4)...for someone who's new to destiny, is it still worth getting into?

is there a huge learning curve to it?
Hey there- sorry you didn't get much of any response here other than a single dismissive and unhelpful comment. :p

It's definitely worth getting into as it's a blast to play, and there are plenty of people here on PS4 to play with. There's no story to speak of and the RNG can screw you over one minute and give you more than you need the next, but in terms of moment-to-moment gameplay it's almost unrivaled.

The learning curve in terms of gameplay mechanics is very smooth. The progression from Level 1-20 is straightforward, after which it becomes a bit convoluted, but there are some guides in the OP than can help. The main thing to try and keep in mind is to do bounties as often as possible and get Vanguard Rank to 2 as soon as you can.

I do weekly raids for newbies on Thursday nights so you'd have an easy in if you wanted to get into raiding.

Hope you jump in, feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't believe you. Any handcannon with void burn would be better than any high RoF low impact AR with void burn IMO.
I tried WoC during the All Burn over the weekend and it worked great, so I have trouble believing it wouldn't perform well for a Void.

Namikaze1

WoC is hell of a lot better than AE. The only downside is it runs out of ammo a bit too fast for my taste.

Anyway, one more nightfall to go.

I swear he forgets that he already has everything.
Batman-Hasnt-Done-Everthing-Not-Yet.gif

Resseh

Me and a buddy was hoping to do a few normal Crota raids tonight. Would there be much Interest? Would be nice to have an experienced sword bearer
(In about 3 hours)

spyder_ur

An I got Obsidian Mind on my third run.

Nightfall this week was good to me
Obsidian Mind
Lucky Raspberry
Legendary engram

Thanks for the runs. P&T (sharded), void Prudence (kind of interesting, have no 331 void Snipers) and legendary heavy which decoded into energies.

Now to trudge out in the snow.

noomi

Fewest number of people I have seen online reset morning ever maybe.

Yeah :( The thread would move at lighting speed on Tuesday. Still plenty of people here though!

Hard Mode crota killed some, weapons update killed some, and house of wolves announcement killed some more. As the weeks go on we will see fewer and fewer people.

bitsurugi

All in all i am pretty satisfied with this week's yield:

3 x HM CE:
Crux, finally, 2x WoC (think i got 8 of those so far)
Ice breaker (dupe)

3x NF:
a really interesting roll on Red Hand IX (outlaw, expl rounds, 3rd eye), def a keeper
LDR void

3x Atheon:
3rd week in a row no exotics from gorgons, got 1 exotic from Atheon, Red Death... it's good, cause i dismantled the only one i had months ago, now i recon it will be good after the pulse buff.

So, Crux, a good HC and Red death.

A friend of mine also got his 1st ever Jellyhorn from Atheon, so i am happy for him too.

... still no Thunderlord tho... :/

Namikaze1

So that legendary engram turned into a decent pulse rifle.
B9flB9wCcAA0TCg.jpg:large

perks
Full Auto
Field Scout
Snapshot
High Caliber Rounds
Glass Half Full

E92 M3

All in all i am pretty satisfied with this week's yield:

3 x HM CE:
Crux, finally, 2x WoC (think i got 8 of those so far)
Ice breaker (dupe)

3x NF:
a really interesting roll on Red Hand IX (outlaw, expl rounds, 3rd eye), def a keeper
LDR void

3x Atheon:
3rd week in a row no exotics from gorgons, got 1 exotic from Atheon, Red Death... it's good, cause i dismantled the only one i had months ago, now i recon it will be good after the pulse buff.

So, Crux, a good HC and Red death.

A friend of mine also got his 1st ever Jellyhorn from Atheon, so i am happy for him too.

... still no Thunderlord tho... :/

I heard Finally is a good weapon? What do you think :p?

Hmmm, I think I might have to try getting my two CE HM clears before doing the nightfall. Word of Crota would be super helpful this week. Atheons Epilogue sucks ass in void burns.

Top Bottom