• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Extremely similar to me. I farmed a bunch of glimmer to buy 3 Timur's and dropped 80+ Motes hoping for the magic roll. Never even saw Outlaw once, now I have 3 un-leveled Lashes taking up vault space. Other HC fans can probably relate: I keep looking for a "331 FBringer" instead of admitting that it doesn't exist.

Got very lucky on a Void-Unflinching-Armor Piercing-Final Round Ep Speer that is ridiculous in PvP. Doing 450+ crit damage through walls, final round is OHK body shot, amazing. Need to upload a few gifs I've saved at some point...

I hate myself so much for wasting ~100 motes on 2 stupid Lashes that is also unleveled with a pretty bad roll. Very nice Spear for you though. 2 Rank 5 chars and No Spears (5 ARs) still disappoints me.

Two Ice Breakers in the same day. That's not even funny. I just want the Thunderlord. It's the only exotic item in the game that I still don't have. :(

1 for each character! Good thing it's still a good stock gun. But I know what you mean. I finally got my TLord a couple of weeks ago. It'll come when you least expect it. I didn't even know I got it until I saw it on the postmaster. Ir Yut seems to drop Gold lately. Don't forget to do her!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Extremely similar to me. I farmed a bunch of glimmer to buy 3 Timur's and dropped 80+ Motes hoping for the magic roll. Never even saw Outlaw once, now I have 3 un-leveled Lashes taking up vault space. Other HC fans can probably relate: I keep looking for a "331 FBringer" instead of admitting that it doesn't exist.

Got very lucky on a Void-Unflinching-Armor Piercing-Final Round Ep Speer that is ridiculous in PvP. Doing 450+ crit damage through walls, final round is OHK body shot, amazing. Need to upload a few gifs I've saved at some point...

Final round on snipers in PVP is so dirty haha. People empty the clip to get just to get the OHK. scrubby as fuck lol ( no offense)

10924341_993658720664061_6478902304501835533_o.jpg

FFS

man! how can you guys manage this? if it's not too personal. Blows my mind the amount of activity there seems to be consistently during hours where I'm merely caffeinating myself for the day of work ahead

Hahaha I go to bed after I put my son to sleep on Mondays at 8:30pm. So I sleep from 8:30pm-3:30am for reset runs. 7 hours of sleep.

Then tomorrow my son will be at school and I have tomorrow and Thursday off as I work this weekend. I usually have the weekend off.

It's the best times because family is asleep or at school/work. Haha

Defyler

Nightfall
#1 - Coins
#2 - Shards
#3 - Blue and a purp engram that turned into a dud legendary

Heroic - a dud LMG, sniper, and blue engrams

mehhhhhh

k1t4j

Is anyone planning to do a HM CE, in 2 hours?

I am mainly interested in the first two sections, for the weapons attempt, but can go all the way with a solid group :)

I can run it twice,32 hunter and a brand spanking new 32 titan.

On PSN.

All in all i am pretty satisfied with this week's yield:

3 x HM CE:
Crux, finally, 2x WoC (think i got 8 of those so far)
Ice breaker (dupe)

3x NF:
a really interesting roll on Red Hand IX (outlaw, expl rounds, 3rd eye), def a keeper
LDR void

3x Atheon:
3rd week in a row no exotics from gorgons, got 1 exotic from Atheon, Red Death... it's good, cause i dismantled the only one i had months ago, now i recon it will be good after the pulse buff.

So, Crux, a good HC and Red death.

A friend of mine also got his 1st ever Jellyhorn from Atheon, so i am happy for him too.

... still no Thunderlord tho... :/

So far this week, I got Crux, Hawkmoon and Jellyhorn. With 2 gorgons, 2 nightfalls, and 3 Atheon's left to go. Not off to a bad start, although I did get energy's from my first nightfall.

Yea the past week has easily been the least DGAF activity I've ever seen. No more than 2-3 of my FL played a non-Destiny game and lately it's been over double digits. Tuesdays this thread usually flies so fast I can't keep up with it. The decline is real :\

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yea the past week has easily been the least DGAF activity I've ever seen. No more than 2-3 of my FL played a non-Destiny game and lately it's been over double digits. Tuesdays this thread usually flies so fast I can't keep up with it. The decline is real :\

Yeah, I haven't logged in since Friday to see what Xur had. Usually I'm on all weekend, just had no interest anymore. I can see myself just playing Tuesdays and jumping on the weekend to check Xur and finish up any raids/etc.

Thread is slowly dying from the looks of it. I haven't played Destiny for the past 3-4 days until today. I'm honestly curious to see how dead it will be in April. They should really push HoW up if possible. There's just nothing to do anymore.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know you're burned out on the game when getting your first Gjallarhorn makes you more mad than happy.

Strangely, I managed to get an Apotheosis Veil this week too, so I actually had a fruitful week.

Most active players already have all the stuff from the DLC so maybe there is nothing left to do, there are not events or you already upgraded everything you need to upgrade.

You know you're burned out on the game when getting your first Gjallarhorn makes you more mad than happy.

Strangely, I managed to get an Apotheosis Veil this week too, so I actually had a fruitful week.

Funny, I had a similar thought this morning. If, and thats a big if, I get the horn, I think I'll end up feeling more frustrated and almost relieved. Sounds healthy to me.

E92 M3

This game needs more quality of life updates - make playing it more streamlined and enjoyable. That will definitely rejuvenate some people.

Atkison04

Most active players already have all the stuff from the DLC so maybe there is nothing left to do, there are not events or you already upgraded everything you need to upgrade.

That's where i am right now. I have every weapon from the crota raid, almost everything leveled up to max. The only exotics I'm still lusting after is helm of Saint 14 and hawkmoon. It's actually a relief to get to this point. I'm looking forward to playing with my group still but Nightfall seems more exciting than raid at the moment, and we all know how nightfalls usually go lol.

Edit: I want red death still as well.

I just wish bloodborne was out, it would be perfect.

Any of you guys getting the order? I've been lurking in the threads but i haven't seen anything that gives me a chubby yet.

Just for fun, I looked at a recent OT to see how it compared. Hawkian started OT 15 at 9:23 am on a Tuesday morning and it had 642 posts in 4 hours. OT 17 has ~245 in the same time frame, or 38%. (All the usual caveats apply- this isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing, taking one random example is terrible statistics, etc.)

Damn DGAF, apparently I have to thread-carry even harder! haha /s

Very nice Spear for you though. 2 Rank 5 chars and No Spears (5 ARs) still disappoints me.!

Yeah, I landed 1 Spear and 2 garbage ARs after hitting one rank 4 and one rank 5++ (plus OG space bus!). The sniper is my Iron Banner weapon MVP right now, as much as I like Peruns and Jolders (Gheleon's scout looks very legit but I've never had one). Crucible vendor Against All Odds has field scout and ~identical base stats to Jolder's and I'm too addicted to Pocket Infinity on any map where I'd use a fusion.

PI is so broken, I love it. I can't even track how many hit markers pop up, there's 6 in this screen shot (34+36+35+37+38+41=221). Double or even Triple downs with a single burst, kills at stupid ranges, it's a wall of destruction if you get the charge off in time. More gifs I should upload...

B9bAZ7GIcAAOOhY.jpg

Final round on snipers in PVP is so dirty haha. People empty the clip to get just to get the OHK. scrubby as fuck lol ( no offense)

haha no offense taken. The game designers are responsible for balancing, players can and should use whatever they want to their advantage. There are so many "broken" PvP weapons with OHKs and lighting fast TTKs across the board. Blinking shotgunners, PInfinity and Plan C abusers, Thorn and HMoon snipers or just snipers in general (final round, high RoF 2-body-shotting, the game's inherently strong auto-aim)... and that's not even including heavies and supers! I've been "that guy" for all these play styles and more at some point, lol.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How did you get the Wolfpack upgrade on the same day? That's some crazy shit man.

Me and Unknown still don't have the Ghorn and got crap from NFs. If I do get one would it be satisfying to use it on content that I have beaten a million times before? I feel like the game has screwed me and it doesn't really matter if I get one or not.

Deku Tree

Its fun to shoot a ballerhorn rocket into a crowd of enemies. The ones that aren't killed by the main rocket blast are tracked and taken out by the wolfpack rounds.

How did you get the Wolfpack upgrade on the same day? That's some crazy shit man.

Me and Unknown still don't have the Ghorn and got crap from NFs. If I do get one would it be satisfying to use it on content that I have beaten a million times before? I feel like the game has screwed me and it doesn't really matter if I get one or not.

Send an email to bungie.

Let them know they can take one of mine and give it to you (got 2 today, ridiculous).

LordofPwn

Got one without unflinching. i seem to get head shots with the final round though... does 602 or 603 damage. Had a triple kill on Cauldron where i did: body shot kill, body shot kill, headshot final round kill. I've also had a match where the final round perk was activating on the 1st round...

Top Bottom