• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Deku Tree

Just for fun, I looked at a recent OT to see how it compared. Hawkian started OT 15 at 9:23 am on a Tuesday morning and it had 642 posts in 4 hours. OT 17 has ~245 in the same time frame, or 38%. (All the usual caveats apply- this isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing, taking one random example is terrible statistics, etc.)

OT17 started on 02-03-2015, 09:08 PM and made it to page 77 by 02-10-2015, 01:22 PM
OT16 started on 01-23-2015, 08:44 AM and made it to page 77 by 01-27-2015, 12:09 AM

OT16 did 77 pages in just over four days
OT17 did 77 pages in just under seven days

Game = dead.

How did you get the Wolfpack upgrade on the same day? That's some crazy shit man.

Me and Unknown still don't have the Ghorn and got crap from NFs. If I do get one would it be satisfying to use it on content that I have beaten a million times before? I feel like the game has screwed me and it doesn't really matter if I get one or not.
I had my wolfpacks in four hours. I had a few bounties saved up and did every available vanguard and Eris bounty on three characters, plus one daily on each, then popped a telemetry and turned them all in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
thanks to a very kind guardian I have got myself a snazzy new camo DS4, so I don't have to fret about sending my crazy broken one off to Sony in the meantime. Such generosity :D I pledge to pay it forward in kind.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OT17 started on 02-03-2015, 09:08 PM and made it to page 77 by 02-10-2015, 01:22 PM
OT16 started on 01-23-2015, 08:44 AM and made it to page 77 by 01-27-2015, 12:09 AM

Game = dead.
rofl. I hope you're making the point I think you are

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Your reaction was funny. "Fuck this game. I hate this game. Fuck you guys"
Pretty much. :( Geneijin was right. He is our Destiny Moses, leading us to the promised land of other games.
haha..now you'll have to keep track of all those heavy synths! I still win!
I hate youuuuu.
How did you get the Wolfpack upgrade on the same day? That's some crazy shit man.

Me and Unknown still don't have the Ghorn and got crap from NFs. If I do get one would it be satisfying to use it on content that I have beaten a million times before? I feel like the game has screwed me and it doesn't really matter if I get one or not.
I had to stay up to wait for a package anyway, so I just did the bounties as a way to try to stay awake.
And yeah, the only reason to get a Horn is because all the content in the game is built around having one. Of course, since you've already done all the content, getting one is basically superfluous and the allure of owning one becomes the only reason you would do the NF/Raid anyway.

Funny, I had a similar thought this morning. If, and thats a big if, I get the horn, I think I'll end up feeling more frustrated and almost relieved. Sounds healthy to me.
Yeah, at the very least I don't even have to care about what junk Xur will sell. I'm sure it'll be Dragon's Breath again because Bungie. It's probably the one thing hanging over my head with the game anyway, and I'm glad it's just done and over with.

Game = dead.

Did that include the Patch notes? Those are good for 20 pages.

So, has everyone basically done all the reset stuff already? I'll be home in about 2 hours and would really like to knock out CE HM if anyone is up for it.

Born2Live

So, has everyone basically done all the reset stuff already? I'll be home in about 2 hours and would really like to knock out CE HM if anyone is up for it.

Just about to do Atheo, then all I'll need is CE HM which I'll join you for in a couple of hours if we cancel a group.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If hand cannons are noticeably worse after the patch, then that might be it....until the following Tuesday.
I imagine they will have to be noticeably worse at the ranges the balance notes are talking about, otherwise it will have done nothing, lol

Feorax

Given how this thread is slowing down, I've managed a remarkably productive reset day.

2 Nightfalls (both gave the arachnid hunter helm, so 2 free shards).

2 Weeklys

2 CE normal runs. Got boots for my Warlock (who can now finally hit 32) and my Hunter (who can hit 32 with a chest piece).

Finished SGA bounty, and added it to the collection.

Did a VoG HM run, and got the warlock boots, which completes the collection of Vault Armour.

Got my Titan to 20, and then instantly to 26.

Feel like I've got a bit of a second wind.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
FINALLY GOT A DEAD ORBIT SHADER!

...aaaand it's ugly as hell. -_-

I just want Bittersteel dammit. Sell the damn shaders. Ugh.

Decided to bite on Evolve. Curious if it will pull me away from Destiny more. I didn't even bother doing any Raids last week, but I did spend a bunch of time leveling up my last alt (currently at 18! So close!). I have a hard time staying away from reset day though lol.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Nightfall haul

Venation III (return to sender/send it)
8 Energies
Thunderlord (again...)

Gimme a GHorn you stupid game.

Born2Live

Ty, sorry, man. You were afk and we needed to move.

I tried everything to get your attention lol.

Join our party. theres a guy doing it just once you can take his place on the next 2 runs. :)

No problem, little one woke up so I had to go and make sure she was okay. I've joined the party but I'm going to be without my mic as I don't want to wake the baby up.

Decided to bite on Evolve. Curious if it will pull me away from Destiny more. I didn't even bother doing any Raids last week, but I did spend a bunch of time leveling up my last alt (currently at 18! So close!). I have a hard time staying away from reset day though lol.

Im playing Thursday night with a friend, if you want to play Evolve.

Top Bottom