• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

k1t4j

Hey everyone, sorry I'm a little late on this. Are you all still interested in a CE HM run ir just Crota HM?

Hey I'm still looking, yes.

I would be interested in starting doing lamps, bridge for a chance at weapons if that's ok with the group

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Disclaimer: This is only meant as a joke, just seemed like a funny opportunity. The intended tone is light and silly. Probably only a handful of people even follow the OTs close enough to get the reference.

Ok, back to super-seriousness: Everyone has opinions on Destiny which fall somewhere along the spectrum between very critical to very defensive of those criticisms. I'm closer to the former while you and Deku are closer to the latter. Both types of voices are important for community health, neither is inherently right or wrong and everyone has the right to defend their positions.

Disagreements are only natural... but my original post wasn't even close to a criticism. It was an observation of no great importance and qualified as such, an amusing factoid relevant to recent posts about OT slowdown. Maybe I'm misunderstanding Deku's tone, but "game=dead" doesn't read well. Similar to "nah," it sounds rude to me if there's no nuance or clarification. I just think it's considerate to take 10 seconds and write a qualifying statement if your post could be received poorly (hence the caveats in my OP). If I'm not misunderstanding his tone, then it's fair to defend myself even if it reads a little harsh.
seems like you are indeed misinterpreting his tone, and potentially mine as well? I didn't read Deku's post as though he was attempting to seriously counter any implied point of yours. I apologize with sincerity if there was any hint of apparent offense lobbed at you in my monosyllabic responses. Ironically enough I didn't mean them to be rude to you so much as to convey that there isn't any nuance or clarifying caveat in my position; I have no interest in the concept of min-maxing and just do the things in games that feel the most fun to me, no more to it than that. it's actually been a while since I have been accused of being defensive. feels familiar and not altogether pleasant. but otherwise, light and silly is how I take it all.

Yea I naturally "observe" and love statistics because it's my IRL job to analyze such things. I just made a statement that this has easily been the slowest Tuesday I can remember, and that my friends list of ~60 daily Destiny players and <= 3 people who play other games has drastically changed the past week. Easily ~10-15 people playing other games now and about 20-30 players playing Destiny. Of course like Drizz said, these are just dumb stats so-to-speak since it's a minute fraction compared to the overall picture, but to me they're still interesting. It still says something because most of us here are hardcore players.

But with that being said, it is DEFINITELY nice that some of us are playing just for the fun of it rather than as a chore. I was just being kind of sad at the apparent changes. It's good though. Some people need breaks. The past couple of weeks I've played less than normal and have been able to start a new RPG and get stuff done around the house so it definitely has helped me.
Also, less chimichangas

Born2Live

Not a weapon, but Ring of Royal Grandeur has been much sought after in Diablo 3.

Heard about this but didn't play D3 long enough to experience the pain.

Heard Hawkmoon is godly... Team Lonely Boners so wont see it for awhile.

Hawkmoon must come a close second to Gjallarhorn. Gjallarhorn and Hawkmoon are the two weapons I see most people hankering for. I just want Suros, please just give me my Suros.

I don't even want to think about how long I had to grind in act 1 for that.

I accidentally dismantled mine and RNG punished me by not dropping it again for another 200hrs. Fortunately a kind gaffer had a dupe and he traded it with me, one of the joys of an actual functioning trading system.

I would be more impressed with Rodiard NLB videos of he wasn't such a dead eye with the throwing knife. He is seriously OP with that thing.

Haha, yeah, I noticed that too. The one he throws across the map for a precision kill just before the boss comes out... that was fucking stupid.

Screw precision hits, I'm happy if I just hit the enemy from a tenth of that distance.

vctor182

Heard about this but didn't play D3 long enough to experience the pain.

Hawkmoon must come a close second to Gjallarhorn. Gjallarhorn and Hawkmoon are the two weapons I see most people hankering for. I just want Suros, please just give me my Suros.

For some reason I've been put in the Team Suros since I bought the second one Xur sold and gotten 3 more after that. It's the only exotic weapon I have more than once

hydruxo

Amen-brother-gif.gif

Nailed it, especially the last paragraph:

For my part, I'll be back for House of Wolves. Heck, if Bungie brings back the Queen's Wrath, or releases a significant upgrade for the Vault of Glass, I'll go back even earlier. Failing that sort of an update, it's likely that my Destiny playing will remain on the wane. I'd love a good reason to come back, but that's what it'll take: A good reason.

todd360

OK I can't help it. The possible praxc chance is to much for me. I'll jump on for one nightfall. Only one though. Who wants to play with me?

Greenymac

Vj0Qq3I.jpg

Who got screwed more?

Nightfall 1: Up For Anything with Range Finger, Counterbalance, and Hammer Forged.
Nightfall 2: Don't Touch Mes with 2 more disc than I have.
Nightfall 3: This travesty.

Nightfall 1 and 2 i got shards
Nightfall 3 is what you see in the pic. GGS Bungie. Going to play moar smash and mk8 now...

Guys, you need to learn to use the relic on VoG and the only way you learn is by using it.

You're not a burden if you grab the relic and fail, you might become one if you just refuse to get it tho.

Play on normal. Learn the relic. Play on hard. Dont try to skip a phase here. That will probably lead to frustration for you and your fireteam.

Also you're playing VoG HARD. This is a top challenge. You need to be prepared when it comes to gear. Dont expect to come in and do fine if you dont have a single weapon that have plus damage on oracles. If you're in that situation, play normal first until you get one.

Shito

1st Nightfall: a void LDR with unflinching, armor piercing and mulligan
Quite happy with it, didn't have a 331 void sniper yet.

Will do the other ones later on in the week...

Also, GlamFM that professional "I join your weekly right at the end and steal all your loots":

You were the one that helped me get through my first weekly ever, so I could buy myself my first Ice Breaker back in the days where Xur sold it for the first time: I owe you, you can join my games anytime you want man! ^^

GlamFM

Banned
1st Nightfall: a void LDR with unflinching, armor piercing and mulligan
Quite happy with it, didn't have a 331 void sniper yet.

Will do the other ones later on in the week...

Also, GlamFM that professional "I join your weekly right at the end and steal all your loots":

You were the one that helped me get through my first weekly ever, so I could buy myself my first Ice Breaker back in the days where Xur sold it for the first time: I owe you, you can join my games anytime you want man! ^^

Awwwww.... ;) <3

Namikaze1

Hard Crota anyone? Looking to do just Crota but am willing to do a full raid only to get the Crota checkpoint for my other characters.

I'll be on in half an hour.

Buddy and I are running the Nightfall followed by the Weekly right now. Party is open, anyone (bring your level 27 if you've got one) is welcome. PSN Reignofsparrows

Top Bottom