• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Is there a higher shot at an exotic if one were to do HM Crappa vs. NM Crappa?

Yeah, I know it's a stupid play on Crota's name but it's been a long day.

Shito

Thanks Milkham.
Still nothing for me on that chest, but for the first time ever I saw someone get an exotic from it, and a second one right after that.
I now know this chest is not a legend or a prank you were all making on me... ^^

Thanks Driz. You're the best. I don't care what they say.

I'm up to beat Crota's ass three times on normal later on if anybody wants in.

I'm down to do Deathsigner --> Crota on normal three times later.

PSN: GKW212

I should be home in an hour. I also need to do Nightfalls but I can do those whenever tonight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that's a fine article, it's good for him to have an outlet to sort of vent these things and give voice to other players that are in the same position, and I found the "This is Normal" section a refreshing acknowledgement of something I struggle to see as anything other than an obvious reality.

Funny how much hard copy is dedicated to Luke's comment in these very threads.

Two points I would make note of:
If Destiny is going to succeed in the long term, Bungie is going to have to significantly improve their communication skills.
I wish this were true. I've seen no evidence to support it. :( On the contrary it seems like its success is pretty independent of their ability to communicate.
With that said, it is still possible that Bungie could blow this whole thing. If they don't eventually scrape together the game that so many of us can sense is inside of Destiny, some other studio will, and we'll all go play that.
This is a good opportunity to state that if such a game were to come into existence I would leave Destiny behind in a heartbeat. But there doesn't even seem to be anything on the horizon that fits the bill, let alone in the short term.

Which is to some extent the crux of all this. No one else is selling what this game can put in your veins and you know it. If you've had your fill for the time being, there's no reason to view it as a failing unless you don't feel like you got your money's worth in the first place.

Thansk for the gorgon chest

So far I got nothing in NF and GG Chest, Guess no Horn this week unless I catch up NM Crota x3 and HM Atheon x3

Deku Tree

This is a good opportunity to state that if such a game were to come into existence I would leave Destiny behind in a heartbeat. But there doesn't even seem to be anything on the horizon that fits the bill, let alone in the short term.

Which is to some extent the crux of all this. No one else is selling what this game can put in your veins and you know it. If you've had your fill for the time being, there's no reason to view it as a failing unless you don't feel like you got your money's worth in the first place.

Very few game publishers are left that have the resources to create a game like Destiny. Of those around I can think of EA? I wouldn't bet on the game being good coming from EA. Ubisoft? Maybe but I don't see it on the horizon. Sony? Well they are already paying for the exclusive Destiny content. Microsoft? With the tragedy that Halo has become IMO I wouldn't be on it. So I guess we are left with Bungie and Activision and Destiny.

Any of you guys ever watch the show "Intervention?"

I swear it's funny (funny because it's just a video game and not, ya know, crack) how closely this thread mirrors the ebbs and flows of drug addiction.

I think (know) there was a South Park episode about Guitar Hero and then chasing a dragon (ie heroin) or something as a substitute.

... I've lost my train of though... but basically Destiny = crack... or something... man, I really need to get out of the office and go home, relax, and escape for a while
(with Destiny... shit...)

Retweeted the article to Bungie. I know they will be reading this soon or if they haven't already.

The part about the Carrots is was really did me in. I remember playing Halo 3 for hours and hours on end. The Campaign was fun, and I'd, or we'd, fall back to every so often, but the multi really kept us going.

The odd thing being that the multi had a very slow progression system, but I still enjoyed the multi itself, as well as the carrot of whatever my next rank was. I can still remember being super pleased with hitting Brigadier General (the only way I was going to see General next to my name).

Basically, I feel that Destiny should be designed in a way that PvP should be there to carry the game when the PvE needs to be refreshed or updated. It's so odd to me that we have such restricted game types, with even further restricted schedules. Why does PvP not have some sort of carrot to go with it? The only carrot PvP has is Grimoire points, and that's boring and requires me to play playlists that I don't care for (screw you combined arms).

Basically, I really want some PvP progression, and Iron Banner doesn't cut it. Iron Banner was nice, but it being the only event we ever get anymore is removing the magic from it. I don't think I touched it the last time it came to town, and I'd love to have seen their numbers comparing the Iron Banner weeks together.

This brings me to my final point, which is really about Variety. I love Destiny, but I just need some variety here and there. Here is a quick laundry list of what would make me happy. I'm not asking for everything here, but pulling from this list would be great:

• New regular Bounties
  • Weeklies seperated from Nightfalls
  • Seperate PS/Xbox Nightfalls
  • At least 2 more unique events comparable to Iron Banner/Queen's Wrath
  • Something I can do with my Grimoire Score
  • More PvP playlists that stick around longer than a week/weekend.
  • Integrate Dark Below PvP Maps into regular playlists

Fitts

Hey ya'll! Decided to fire up some Destiny after work and have solo'd up to the end of Nightfall. If anyone needs to complete it jump on in!

PS4 PSN: EinFurDieDamen

Scrota>Crappa

Back to the drawing board amigo

hahahahahaah

I'm leaving shortly. We nightfalling later?

Yeah, I know. After I had hit "Submit Reply," I knew it wouldn't go over well with the community.

I should be home in 45 mins or so. I'll start up a party chat, and Destiny I guess, so just join the chat when you're ready.

Side note: After this past weekend and a long day at the office, the vodka will be flowing like water tonight. Just giving you the warning that you'll be playing hard mode this evening should you choose to accept the challenge.

Namikaze1

Yeah no worries, can get confusing sometimes! I put up an edit that may have been added too late to be noticed, turned out I only had hard DSinger CP. I can still load that if people want it.
I'll take it. :)

It's another chance for an exotic and I don't mind doing Deathsinger. It's the bridge part that I hate the most.

bosseye

God almighty, fuck this game in the fucking arse. Yet again I get shit from the Nightfall, I've never had anything good ever. Best I've ever had was 11 strange coins a few weeks back. So this evening, me and two friends bang through the Nightfall, friend 1 gets a crappy legendary shotgun. Friend 2 gets fucking Gjallerhorn. What did I get? A load of ascendant shards.

Seriously, get to fuck. Why is that even a Nightfall reward. Fuck off Destiny.

Basically, I feel that Destiny should be designed in a way that PvP should be there to carry the game when the PvE needs to be refreshed or updated. It's so odd to me that we have such restricted game types, with even further restricted schedules. Why does PvP not have some sort of carrot to go with it? The only carrot PvP has is Grimoire points, and that's boring and requires me to play playlists that I don't care for (screw you combined arms).

Have you tried playing PvP with only a pulse rifle? Good times.

Also, the PvP carrot is a Gjallarhorn. Come on, man, everyone knows that ;P

milkham

Thanks for the asc Milkham. And Plan C.

Thanks Milkham.
Still nothing for me on that chest, but for the first time ever I saw someone get an exotic from it, and a second one right after that.
I now know this chest is not a legend or a prank you were all making on me... ^^

thanks for the checkpoint milkham!

Ya thanks a lot milkham

Thanks Milkham!

np guys

For science.
you're trapped in the gorgon maze forever D:

made me think of that twilight zone episode where the guy has to defend his title forever

edit: i'm also still in the gorgon checkpoint if anyone needs it.

God almighty, fuck this game in the fucking arse. Yet again I get shit from the Nightfall, I've never had anything good ever. Best I've ever had was 11 strange coins a few weeks back. So this evening, me and two friends bang through the Nightfall, friend 1 gets a crappy legendary shotgun. Friend 2 gets fucking Gjallerhorn. What did I get? A load of ascendant shards.

Seriously, get to fuck. Why is that even a Nightfall reward. Fuck off Destiny.

I don't even know what that means, but I assure you most of us here can relate.

Trakan

If Bungie would just bring back Queen's Wrath and then alternate it weekly with IB, there would always be something to go after.

It's not hard, I don't know why they have such a problem with it.

Anyone interested in doing normal CE? I've got to get those rolls at the BH out of the way first.

I have a couple friends, and we can swordbear, so it should be quick and painless.

1. Sparrows
2. +1
3. +2

Have you tried playing PvP with only a pulse rifle? Good times.

Also, the PvP carrot is a Gjallarhorn. Come on, man, everyone knows that ;P

I originally PvP'd very heavily with the Stranger's Rifle. Enough that I maxed out my Pulse Rifle Grimoire before any other weapon.

If Bungie would just bring back Queen's Wrath and then alternate it weekly with IB, there would always be something to go after.

It's not hard, I don't know why they have such a problem with it.

Dear god not weekly. These events need to be special. They should be one week out of the month, and they should rotate. At least 3 of them should exist to avoid becoming stale as Iron Banner already seems to be doing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any of you guys ever watch the show "Intervention?"

I swear it's funny (funny because it's just a video game and not, ya know, crack) how closely this thread mirrors the ebbs and flows of drug addiction.

I think (know) there was a South Park episode about Guitar Hero and then chasing a dragon (ie heroin) or something as a substitute.

... I've lost my train of though... but basically Destiny = crack... or something... man, I really need to get out of the office and go home, relax, and escape for a while
(with Destiny... shit...)
There are other metaphors that may apply... not gonna lie, this lil' screencap
30BuLOL.png

...kinda reminded me a bit more of the way people talk about an ex they're still clearly in love with than what they're actually discussing

Bladelaw

30BuLOL.png

...kinda reminded me a bit more of the way people talk about an ex they're still clearly in love with than what they're actually discussing

I've had almost that same conversation with my retired Fireteam. replace Nets with Patriots and it's spot on.

30BuLOL.png

Haha, fair enough. I'd say that drug addiction and talking about an ex are intertwined as well.

"I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself."

How's your third Horn doing? I had to mute my mic last night when that dropped for you. I saw it pop up in the bottom left and thought maybe for a moment I'd finally gotten my first horn... then saw your name... then quickly muted my mic and threw out a bunch of rather interesting curse word combinations.

Top Bottom