• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Lnkn52

Thanks guys! Lol @ the notion of Xur hooking me up. I'll be getting NLB won't I?

Happy Birthday! Meet me at the Tower so my Female Awoken Titan may give you an pole dance… She's a level 4 though, so she doesn't have the moves memorized yet.

o3XAeL8.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
Hello guys.

Starting in few minutes I want to know if any Crota Normal Kill is happening ;)

I need 3x of them.

NF, Weekly, etc... I wish to do all today.

Saw another friend get Ghorn while helping him with hard Crota, this is the fourth horn I've seen drop today. So if you don't have one, chances are you'll get one this week.

Unless you're Kartik....sorry I couldn't :p

Dave_6

Gloves or boots @ Abyss

Gloves, Boots, or Chest @ Bridge (weighted towards chest)

Helm @ Crota

Let's see; I previously only had the gloves for my Warlock going in last night. I got the boots from the bridge and that was it for that run.

Ran my Titan (which had yet to run a full CE) and got boots at the Abyss and the gloves from the bridge. Got jack shit from Crota on either (as far as weapons or helms).

Hopefully tonight's runs will get me the chest for either or both and maybe Crota will be more generous as well...

Damn.

There's no way to earn or work my way toward getting either of those things—I'm entirely at the mercy of the random number generator. My two best chances are to complete weekly Nightfall strikes and hope one of them drops, or hope that Xur turns up selling them one weekend. Both of those things are reliant on chance, meaning that the only way I can hope to get the items I still want is to pray for fortune to smile on me.

Guess what? That's a shitty way to play a game, especially one that rewards players as arbitrarily as Destiny does. It didn't take much mental algebra to figure out that my chances of having a Gjallarhorn drop are low enough that I might as well just stop playing altogether, sit on my hoard of strange coins, and wait for Xur to sell it again. It doesn't help that some exotics appear to be weighted to drop more often than others—I've had No Land Beyond, the worst exotic gun in the game, drop for me not once, not twice, but five times. At this point I just expect the thing to drop at the end of Nightfalls. It feels like Destiny is going out of its way to insult me.

Mindlog

As a high rate of fire assault rifle the Necrochasm needs to be very powerful at short to medium range with an extremely low TTK and deep clip. Is there any way a bullet hose AR will be effective as long as PvE and PvP values are still the same? I mean short to medium PvE can sometimes be cross map in PvP.

Let's see; I previously only had the gloves for my Warlock going in last night. I got the boots from the bridge and that was it for that run.

Ran my Titan (which had yet to run a full CE) and got boots at the Abyss and the gloves from the bridge. Got jack shit from Crota on either (as far as weapons or helms).

Hopefully tonight's runs will get me the chest for either or both and maybe Crota will be more generous as well...

Patience, my child, patience.

Let me paint you a picture of the first four weeks as my Titan running Crota:

Week 1
Boots

Week 2
Boots
Gloves

Week 3
Boots
Gloves

Week 4
Gloves

Week 5
Gloves
Chest
Helmet

It was quite a ride...

easy tiger.

Disclaimer: This is only meant as a joke, just seemed like a funny opportunity. The intended tone is light and silly. Probably only a handful of people even follow the OTs close enough to get the reference.

Ok, back to super-seriousness: Everyone has opinions on Destiny which fall somewhere along the spectrum between very critical to very defensive of those criticisms. I'm closer to the former while you and Deku are closer to the latter. Both types of voices are important for community health, neither is inherently right or wrong and everyone has the right to defend their positions.

Disagreements are only natural... but my original post wasn't even close to a criticism. It was an observation of no great importance and qualified as such, an amusing factoid relevant to recent posts about OT slowdown. Maybe I'm misunderstanding Deku's tone, but "game=dead" doesn't read well. Similar to "nah," it sounds rude to me if there's no nuance or clarification. I just think it's considerate to take 10 seconds and write a qualifying statement if your post could be received poorly (hence the caveats in my OP). If I'm not misunderstanding his tone, then it's fair to defend myself even if it reads a little harsh.

Damn I feel his pain, I've kinda gotten to that point. At this point I don't expect anything from the nightfalls anymore. I'll just wait for Xur to sell the Gjallarhorn at some point then I'll buy it.

I know people say when you finally get that one weapon you're chasing then there's nothing to play for. I know that's not the case with me. When I got the Hawkmoon, I played the game more cos I had a new toy to play with, Same thing happened when I bought the Suros from Xur. If Xur sells Gjallarhorn I know I'll only play the game more not less.

I hope to God they tone down the RNG when it comes to Destiny 2. I've been playing this game since launch day and I've only had 5 exotics actually drop for me. The rest of them I had to buy or were bounties. Throw me a freaking bone Destiny, I don't need a fourth Suros.

Dave_6

Patience, my child, patience.

Let me paint you a picture of the first four weeks as my Titan running Crota:

Week 1
Boots

Week 2
Boots
Gloves

Week 3
Boots
Gloves

Week 4
Gloves

Week 5
Gloves
Chest
Helmet

It was quite a ride...

LOL, yeah I shouldn't be griping yet. ^That is better than how my Hunter fared running the VoG though!

vctor182

After getting Found Veredict 2 weeks ago RNGesus has been giving me legendary shotguns non-stop like Two to the Morgue, Secret Handshake, what are the recommended perks for this weapon? I need to start sharding a few of these.

Jinjo

After getting Found Veredict 2 weeks ago RNGesus has been giving me legendary shotguns non-stop like Two to the Morgue, Secret Handshake, what are the recommended perks for this weapon? I need to start sharding a few of these.

Any or all of the range perks (hammerforged/rangefinder), shot package or full auto. Accept no other substitutes.

phen0m24

Haha, it irks me that I am constantly out of ammo. I have no idea what I'd comment on. "Uh.. I'm bad, this gun is bad, and you should feel bad for watching this."

Oh man we could have fun NIlla...

Dude I'm here writing the No Podcast Beyond

"How many (head) shots will it take to kill this ________?"

"Over Under Time! How long until Nilla runs out of Primary ammo? 30 seconds? 40 seconds?"

"How many melee kills will NIlla get during the No Daily Beyond?"

Daily "Days Without a NLB Buff" Counter

Variety show: Which terrible special weapon will make this daily that much more disturbing to watch? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's an unleveled green shotgun!!

CO-OP IDEA:

"Can Nilla go an entire daily and ONLY get assists?"

So much more...
not really

border

Reposting for new page--

Crota Normal Mode Run:

1. border
2. MRSA-infection
3. ethomaz
4. Resseh
5. Hanzofrog