• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Hard Crota anyone? Looking to do just Crota but am willing to do a full raid only to get the Crota checkpoint for my other characters.

I'll be on in half an hour.

I'm down for doing it with you, I don't have the checkpoint. Want to start a list to see if ~4 others will be down?

The burn out has finally caught up with me. If I didn't have friends to run the Nightfalls with tonight I'd probably would skip them. With no burn on the Heroic I'm definitely skipping that. First time since launch. What's the point?

Diablo didn't have any new content, but the end-game was structured around letting you play the whole game, not the same strike 6 times a week and then only one current level raid.

Blergh.

Jinjo

Not a weapon, but Ring of Royal Grandeur has been much sought after in Diablo 3.

I don't even want to think about how long I had to grind in act 1 for that.

I got one of those before I even knew how good it was. Everyone was like: "you need a ring of royal grandeur" and by chance I checked my inventory: "ow, I already have it (equipped)".

Damn you Shuhei! Stealing my birthday thunder already. Let me have my birthday too!

(Isn't Shuhei's b-day on the 11th, since the thread says it's not his birthday yet in the EU & US -where it now still is the 10th-)

I can load gorgons now but will need to hop back out once people join.

edit: I also have hard Scrota and normal Dsing.

v I got you covered Rawr. Science bros unite. ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Namikaze1

I can load gorgons now but will need to hop back out once people join.

edit: I also have hard Scrota and normal Dsing.

v I got you covered Rawr. Science bros unite. ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
Drizzay! Hook up a Titan bro with a hard Scrota checkpoint, please!

Drizzay! Hook up a Titan bro with a hard Scrota checkpoint, please!

haha I can chill in Gorgons for a bit while kadey swaps alts, so anyone should go ahead and join me now if they want Gorgons. Then I can load up scrroooottaaa.

edit: looks like maybe milk can take over Gorgon sharing, I'll load HM Sc now

edit2: lol kadey, we tried to work some magic on the chest but no luck... .

edit3: fffuuuuuu I have hard DSinger, how did that even happen.

Dave_6

That Kotaku article hit the nail on the head. Fortunately for me, none of my 3 characters have hit 32 yet and there are still a few exotics out there I want (Thunderlord, Red Death, Helm of Saint 14, HoPF) so I have a desire to keep playing. Plus it is still fun for me (most of the time); the CE runs I did last night were fun and relaxing.

milkham

haha I can chill in Gorgons for a bit while kadey swaps alts, so anyone should go ahead and join me now if they want Gorgons. Then I can load up scrroooottaaa.

edit: looks like maybe milk can take over Gorgon sharing, I'll load HM Sc now

yeah i'll stick around for a while, anyone who needs it is welcome

Deku Tree

Disclaimer: This is only meant as a joke, just seemed like a funny opportunity. The intended tone is light and silly. Probably only a handful of people even follow the OTs close enough to get the reference.

Ok, back to super-seriousness: Everyone has opinions on Destiny which fall somewhere along the spectrum between very critical to very defensive of those criticisms. I'm closer to the former while you and Deku are closer to the latter. Both types of voices are important for community health, neither is inherently right or wrong and everyone has the right to defend their positions.

Disagreements are only natural... but my original post wasn't even close to a criticism. It was an observation of no great importance and qualified as such, an amusing factoid relevant to recent posts about OT slowdown. Maybe I'm misunderstanding Deku's tone, but "game=dead" doesn't read well. Similar to "nah," it sounds rude to me if there's no nuance or clarification. I just think it's considerate to take 10 seconds and write a qualifying statement if your post could be received poorly (hence the caveats in my OP). If I'm not misunderstanding his tone, then it's fair to defend myself even if it reads a little harsh.

Yeah I wasn't really responding to your post at all I was just trying to further look at the posting statistics of the OT's. As I said here:

I was joking.
Where is your sarcasm detector?

The whole "game=dead" was meant as a joke. It was intentionally harsh and that harshness was supposed to indicate sarcasm. Hawkian has recently made similar joking "game=dead" type of posts which was really why I thought to say it also as a joke.

seems like you are indeed misinterpreting his tone, and potentially mine as well? I didn't read Deku's post as though he was attempting to seriously counter any implied point of yours.

This is how I saw it too.

I'm sorry Drizzay if you found my post to be some sort of offensive rebuttal of yours. It wasn't written with those thoughts in mind. The only reason I quoted your posts is because we were both taking about statistics and I was thinking about it because I read your post.

We are talking about a video game and I really try to keep everything I post in here to be light hearted and fun (otherwise really what's the point of spending your time posting on the internet about a video game?)... and my original post was intended in that way.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks Driz. You're the best. I don't care what they say.

I'm up to beat Crota's ass three times on normal later on if anybody wants in.

Top Bottom