• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

LTWood12

I'll keep playing this game as long as there's still kind & funny people to play with, like so many of you here. I totally understand people being burned out on this game (or any game for that matter). But I think the intensity of the burnout voiced by Kirk at Kotaku and many others here correlates to how much so many have loved playing this game, and how nostalgic a lot of people already are for that feeling they got when they got their first legendary weapon, completed VoG, or successfully sliced up Crota for the first time. I'm nostalgic for a lot of games, but Destiny elicits the same type of nostalgia I had for team experiences playing high school football/basketball.

I've been playing since I was around 5 (1989). Destiny, with all of the flaws, has given me some of the most incredible gaming experiences ever. And a lot of that has do to with the people I've raided with. Even this past Monday, running Crota Normal Mode w/ Gaffers was more fun than any other game I could play right now. I wasn't playing for the loot, I was playing because people like Narmer, Dave, Bogue, and Hawk are great guys; and when I see them on, I want to be a part of whatever they're doing. (Disclaimer: As is usually the case, not caring about loot netted me the last normal mode weapon I needed, and one of the last exotics I needed).

So all that to say, as long as D-Gaf has folks that just want to get on and have a good time, I'll be right there with you.

LiK

Not sure i'll bother with a third Crota kill considering how bad the drops are this week for me. Gonna go back to playing Costume Quest 2. So delightful.

I wasn't playing for the loot, I was playing because people like Narmer, Dave, Bogue, and Hawk are great guys; and when I see them on, I want to be a part of whatever they're doing. (Disclaimer: As is usually the case, not caring about loot netted me the last normal mode weapon I needed, and one of the last exotics I needed).

tumblr_inline_nhk2s2aOas1qk1dvq.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh my tummy is full of Taco Bell goodness, I'm ready to do a whirlwind of Destiny to catch up from my problem from yesterday >.>;

Wearing a back-brace is helping!

Now gonna start 3 Nightfalls + Weekly Combo-Wombo if anyone want to join in on the fun, switching weapons around, let me know!

Need one more for nightfall and probably weekly too. Two 31/32 Hunters LFM.

I'll join ya, whats your psn?

I am happy to see a major gaming site come out and say all of the things we gripe about on GAF. All of the points made in that article are dead on. The only thing missing is taking the piss out of Necrochasm.

Trakan

I originally PvP'd very heavily with the Stranger's Rifle. Enough that I maxed out my Pulse Rifle Grimoire before any other weapon.

Dear god not weekly. These events need to be special. They should be one week out of the month, and they should rotate. At least 3 of them should exist to avoid becoming stale as Iron Banner already seems to be doing.

I disagree, there should be events going on constantly. Always something to go for, even for the person who has almost everything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha, fair enough. I'd say that drug addiction and talking about an ex are intertwined as well.

"I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself."

How's your third Horn doing? I had to mute my mic last night when that dropped for you. I saw it pop up in the bottom left and thought maybe for a moment I'd finally gotten my first horn... then saw your name... then quickly muted my mic and threw out a bunch of rather interesting curse word combinations.
It's, um, it's fine, I, *hangs head* I probably won't get it upgraded for weeks
I'll keep playing this game as long as there's still kind & funny people to play with, like so many of you here. I totally understand people being burned out on this game (or any game for that matter). But I think the intensity of the burnout voiced by Kirk at Kotaku and many others here correlates to how much so many have loved playing this game, and how nostalgic a lot of people already are for that feeling they got when they got their first legendary weapon, completed VoG, or successfully sliced up Crota for the first time. I'm nostalgic for a lot of games, but Destiny elicits the same type of nostalgia I had for team experiences playing high school football/basketball.

I've been playing since I was around 5 (1989). Destiny, with all of the flaws, has given me some of the most incredible gaming experiences ever. And a lot of that has do to with the people I've raided with. Even this past Monday, running Crota Normal Mode w/ Gaffers was more fun than any other game I could play right now. I wasn't playing for the loot, I was playing because people like Narmer, Dave, Bogue, and Hawk are great guys; and when I see them on, I want to be a part of whatever they're doing. (Disclaimer: As is usually the case, not caring about loot netted me the last normal mode weapon I needed, and one of the last exotics I needed).

So all that to say, as long as D-Gaf has folks that just want to get on and have a good time, I'll be right there with you.
Hawkian likes this post. :p I got such a genuine hit of positivity on that last kill, when it turned out only 2 out of the 6 in the fireteam actually needed it at all. We were just playing to play. That's what Destiny and games in general have always been about, for me.

Truth is, as others have noted, surely I'm playing less Destiny these days... but it's still actually a hell of a lot in practice :O

I've had the luxury and honor to (somehow) have played with over 300- possibly even 400, no idea how to parse my PSN list at this point- of you in some capacity. Many of them represent the less hardcore, newer and less active segment, of our community- every single week since launch at the newbie raids. These experiences have been overwhelmingly great- I've never for a minute questioned whether I wanted to keep them going or skip a week. It's just fucking fun. There are a significant number of participants in the DGAF community that I've been able to play with that don't even have GAF accounts yet, and they make it worthwhile no less than any of our top posters. Every once in a while I get a comment shot over to me on PSN like this
and it stops me in my tracks, because I never expected any of this... when I think about how intense people can get about this game it makes me really uneasy and consider that it might be better for me not to participate... but then I read something like that and I can't imagine not running the next newbie raid and the next one after that too.

As long as that well hasn't dried up, I'll be a part of DGAF. And I'll still be playing kiiiiind of a lot each week, by my gaming standards.

Might be starting a weekly Crucible train, on that note...

Frostburn

Hawkian likes this post. :p I got such a genuine hit of positivity on that last kill, when it turned out only 2 out of the 6 in the fireteam actually needed it at all. We were just playing to play. That's what Destiny and games in general have always been about, for me.

Truth is, as others have noted, surely I'm playing less Destiny these days... but it's still actually a hell of a lot in practice :O

I've had the luxury and honor to (somehow) have played with over 300- possibly even 400, no idea how to parse my PSN list at this point- of you in some capacity. Many of them represent the less hardcore, newer and less active segment, of our community- every single week since launch at the newbie raids. These experiences have been overwhelmingly great- I've never for a minute questioned whether I wanted to keep them going or skip a week. It's just fucking fun. There are a significant number of participants in the DGAF community that I've been able to play with that don't even have GAF accounts yet, and they make it worthwhile no less than any of our top posters. Every once in a while I get a comment shot over to me on PSN like this

and it stops me in my tracks, because I never expected any of this... when I think about how intense people can get about this game it makes me really uneasy and consider that it might be better for me not to participate... but then I read something like that and I can't imagine not running the next newbie raid and the next one after that too.

As long as that well hasn't dried up, I'll be a part of DGAF. And I'll still be playing kiiiiind of a lot each week, by my gaming standards.

I'm with you on all this, the DGAF community makes this game 100% more fun to play. Doing those normal mode runs (Mostly for fun) was a blast and the community is why I continue to get on weekly and play this game.

Cømet

Banned
Played three nightfalls, got helm of the third man (which I kinda wanted once upon a time) and that's it. Gave the raid a whack since a mate wanted some stuff, got bored half way through, back in the box it goes til reset.

The steam is gone.

Haybro

I'm with you on all this, the DGAF community makes this game 100% more fun to play. Doing those normal mode runs (Mostly for fun) was a blast and the community is why I continue to get on weekly and play this game.

Yep, runs like we had last night are what keep me coming back.

Without the community I would have dropped off a long time ago.

LTWood12

And I didn't even realize until later, but after the first quick wipe on the abyss, we never had to wipe again.

You're arguably the glue that holds this joint together, along with a handful of others. I know I appreciate your insight and logic in the face of some pretty intense commentary directed at either the game, you, or both.

Bungie owes you a paycheck for keeping a lot of people, like the one that sent you a random message above, involved in this game.

But I'm still pissed I had to watch you get another horn last night ;P

Top Bottom