• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Very few game publishers are left that have the resources to create a game like Destiny. Of those around I can think of EA? I wouldn't bet on the game being good coming from EA. Ubisoft? Maybe but I don't see it on the horizon. Sony? Well they are already paying for the exclusive Destiny content. Microsoft? With the tragedy that Halo has become IMO I wouldn't be on it. So I guess we are left with Bungie and Activision and Destiny.

I would agree with you if Destiny was the epic space odyssey they made it out to be prior to launch. It's really not as big a game as they told us it would be

Maybe If all the lore that is in the grimoire cards was told in game through cut scenes, set pieces, quests, and bounties. Right now the game boils down to a not so large world filled with enemy spawn points. Gameplay, art and music of course are excellent

I would agree with you if Destiny was the epic space odyssey they made it out to be prior to launch. It's really not as big a game as they told us it would be

Oh, gawd. So true. So much hype, and I fell victim. Can't remember the last game I was as hyped for as I was with Destiny. Diablo III maybe?

This is a good point. Despite being "open world", the spaces are not that large and the lack of story and set pieces means it cuts down on a lot of development costs that large single player campaigns have.

NastyBook

*Crickets

Soo uhh? Normal Scrota?
1) sword/gjallarhorn killing themself scrub #huntermasterrace
2) GibbShift
3)
4)
5)
6)
I got a Warlock that needs to run it. I just hope I don't get booted. Lost my spot in a NF from a boot, logged back in, and now Destiny's telling me I'm on NAT Type 3 which is utter bullshit. This fucking game, man...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're all waiting on you Rowr.

Sitting here in the tower wondering when the invitation was coming. Meaning Crota and his butt buddies are rampaging.

Lets do it ;)

I''m up for it.

I got a Warlock that needs to run it. I just hope I don't get booted. Lost my spot in a NF from a boot, logged back in, and now Destiny's telling me I'm on NAT Type 3 which is utter bullshit. This fucking game, man...

We're all waiting on you Rowr.

Sitting here in the tower wondering when the invitation was coming. Meaning Crota and his butt buddies are rampaging.

Getting my weapons.
Soo uhh? Normal Scrota?
1) sword/gjallarhorn killing themself scrub #huntermasterrace
iRAWRasaurus
2) ethomaz
3) Poetaster
4) Kadey
5) Gibbs
6)

rNilla

Three-manned Crota with NLB, Hard Mode Narmer and the Colonel himself. That was a blast.
With special guests: someone's 4th grade class.

I can be an alt if someone can't make it

Count me in!
Psn Robdraggoo
I think theres room for you two. Looks like ethomaz is in a raid now?

Me? Kinezo - logging in right now
Sorry think we are full, just going with who post first.

If it isn't too much of an inconvenience, may I grab the normal Crota cp from you when you get there? Or afterwards if someone gets it?
Yeah I will save it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What a shitty Nifghtfall week for me

Warlock - Venation (Hand Canon) - 2 Ascendant Energy
Titan - The Conduit (Pulse Rifle) - 3 Ascendant Energy
Hunter - Don't Touch Me (Dupe, Horrible Roll -30 on stat lol) - Exotic Shard

So this weeks NF netted me 5 Ass Energy + 1 Exotic Shard =/
Where is mah Helm-14 ; ;

patchday

Finally home from work. Got a window of opportunity to kill Crota before the wife enrages from neglect

Can bring L32s for HM Crota or can run Normal CE with my L31!

sandboxgod

LFG Crota. I want radiant shards or Word of Crota!

phen0m24

Three-manned Crota with NLB, Hard Mode Narmer and the Colonel himself. That was a blast.
With special guests: someone's 4th grade class.

Nilla that was one for the ages.

"I got this! I got this!" (rockets being fired at crystal)

"Calm down sweetheart!"

"I may be drunk but I'm not _________." LOLOL

And I still have no idea about the
4th grade class. Friend list purge time methinks

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone can take my place Irawr. I always end up helping out people later in the week anyway. Besides I'm hunting walkers.

haha awesome. you could also be like me and keep your TI-83 calculator handy to add up the hit markers from each sword. Enrage is ~214,000 and death is ~262,500. Nothing else to do while sitting around the crystal waiting for the next sword... zzzzz....[/b{

Put down the calculator and empty that ammo!!

Put down the calculator and empty that ammo!!

Ok guys, he's in the middle, but then he'll go right and just wait for him to head back middle so we can finish him off...

132946d1349224399-what-you-doing-your-walgreens-skeletons-20121002_190038.jpg

Mindlog

Thanks go out to Ditters and Co.
First time ever joining Nightfall at the boss and I got a Hard Light. Hard Light sounds fantastic on headphones so that's a keeper.

I got Icebreaker earlier today. Last week's exotic luck continues. Weird.
haha awesome. you could also be like me and keep your TI-83 calculator handy to add up the hit markers from each sword. Enrage is ~214,000 and death is ~262,500. Nothing else to do while sitting around the crystal waiting for the next sword... zzzzz....
Problem is when I'm not sure if the hit landed or not. Needed a secondary accurate source of information. Eventually I'll have the slashes memorized properly.
Could go maximum... eccentric and use voice recognition tied tie to a calculator for a real time damage readout :]

Qwell

Thanks Bungie, just had the gatekeeper go all the way up top and kill us through the glass on the first sword ...

WipedOut

Had some friends carry my 28 titan in NM Crota, Got Helmet and Legs, still rocking two blue armor pieces though. Going to have to wait till next week for a chest piece or hope xur has an exotic chest.

Top Bottom