• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Hey... question to the sword runners....

During the hard mode Crota fight, does Crota stand up right after he hits enrage?

Scenario: Crota was 1 hit away from engrage while we were waiting in the crystal room, I could have gone for 3 hits pretty easily but after talking over with my fireteam we decided it would be safer to hit him once let him enrage, stealth and then finish him off....

I've had Crota slam me with his sword right after enrage before... so I'm curious of others experiences.

He does that sometimes. Normally he will get up like he always does, so you have time to run or cloak. I believe its due to the anti DC glitch that screws up the timing when Crota gets up. Its annoying..

SAiLO

Do you guys think bungie seeing the frustration of some players might have done something about Gjarllarhorn drop rate?

I ask this because yesterday I've seen 7 Horn drops. My clan has 8 players and 5 of us got a Gjarllarhorn yesterday.

I got 2. One in Nightfall and one in Hard Crota. My 2nd and 3rd.
Lebeau got one in Hard Atheon. His 2nd.
DimasCrivalente got one in Nightfall. His 2nd.
ViniFJV got one in Normal Crota. His 1st.
KillUiu got one in Nightfall. His 1st.

And I also witnessed Cosmos get one in Hard Crota (or Deathsinger, I'm not sure).

Either way, Feb. 10 will forever be known in my Clan as G-Horn day.

I've seen one drop from Gorgon Chest today too.

Yo Drizzy, did you die that last round?

B9kBA8gIMAAJNLr.jpg:large

55782502.jpg

Combo or R2 smash? If the latter hold forward on the analog while you smash to decrease recovery time in between smashes. Also strike him as he's falling down not when he's already kneeling.

Just R2. I didn't know about the hold foward trick tho. Thank you. I was barely getting 3 hits in before he would get up.

Hey... question to the sword runners....

During the hard mode Crota fight, does Crota stand up right after he hits enrage?

Scenario: Crota was 1 hit away from engrage while we were waiting in the crystal room, I could have gone for 3 hits pretty easily but after talking over with my fireteam we decided it would be safer to hit him once let him enrage, stealth and then finish him off....which we did.

I've had Crota slam me with his sword right after enrage before... so I'm curious of others experiences.

Nah... watching from the windows it seems like if he strikes you as soon as he enrages it's usually due to lag.

No I think it's just random.
If it was truly random then you'd also expect days like what happened to your group on Feb 10.

That's a lot of Horns, Deku. I don't know.

noomi

He does that sometimes. Normally he will get up like he always does, so you have time to run or cloak. I believe its due to the anti DC glitch that screws up the timing when Crota gets up. Its annoying..

Nah... watching from the windows it seems like if he strikes you as soon as he enrages it's usually due to lag.

Thanks guys, that's what I thought as well, either way we played it safe and it worked out nicely. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything :D

Do you guys think bungie seeing the frustration of some players might have done something about Gjarllarhorn drop rate?

I ask this because yesterday I've seen 7 Horn drops. My clan has 8 players and 5 of us got a Gjarllarhorn yesterday.

And I also witnessed Cosmos get one in Hard Crota (or Deathsinger, I'm not sure).

Either way, Feb. 10 will forever be known in my Clan as G-Horn day.

Also, Dhruv, do you think you can make a small clip next time you do sword kill in Hard Crota?

I tried to run the sword last night with my team and something was missing, I was just not dealing enough damage. At least not as much as you or Kartik can deal.

I highly doubt they upped the horn drop rate. I really think you all just had a good RNG day.

ERMint13

Either way, Feb. 10 will forever be known in my Clan as G-Horn day..

Got my first yesterday from normal gorgon chest. Just trying to get the gatekeeper checkpoint to pass around.

Someone else in my group got one from Deathsinger last week who never had a Ghorn either.

I have over 25 days into the game so it was bound to drop at sometime. Does seem like we are seeing an influx of new owners though.

I highly doubt they upped the horn drop rate. I really think you all just had a good RNG day.

Maybe. It's just that between 8 members we got 6 horns on the same day. It felt... weird.

I have over 25 days into the game so it was bound to drop at sometime. Does seem like we are seeing an influx of new owners though.

Yeah, that's my point. And considering the "status" of the destiny community right now, making sure your user base is happier would be a good way to ensure ppl don't leave just yet.

raindoc

Fuck yeah! 500 Ass Shards! Halfway there DGAF, halfway there...

Good morning dgaf :)

Hey raindoc, once again.. sorry if I messed up your fireteam this morning, and thanks for the invite. That daily is a pain in the ass to solo :/

np, they all got it done.

332/500 for the Crucible part of the Thorn bounty. Slowly chipping away at it. Should finish it up this weekend, will save 10 or so bounties to hand in all at once as soon as I get it.

Also got a second exotic bounty tonight, was a choice between Bad JuJu or the Invective. Ended up going Invective simply because it seemed like a less frustrating bounty to do.

Just R2. I didn't know about the hold foward trick tho. Thank you. I was barely getting 3 hits in before he would get up.

That's a lot of Horns, Deku. I don't know.

Correct, fwd + R2 = being able to smash faster.
Also (combo + R2 x2)x2= 50% health

Woah, woah, woah! I saw you guys still running the pvp train and I honestly didn't think that you would leave it for a normal crota kill bro. Thanks for murdering me with my own gjallarhorn though!

15789115544_bf7d7e891d_o.gif

When I say "Send us an invite" and you say "Okay" and we don't get an invite, that's rudeness dudeness. All it would have taken was standing around that crystal for a couple minutes... Like we did when I sent Wicked those invites and he chose not to come.

Also doesn't maxing agility make for faster sword smashes as well? I've heard that said before...
I don't think so..personally I spam r2. you want to get 7xR2, 6xR2 for the first two phases. Then the last swordphases is easy.
unless crota instantly gets up and kill you :p
Or have a Ti-83 right by you and do the math in the downtime :p

Atkison04

15789115544_bf7d7e891d_o.gif

When I say "Send us an invite" and you say "Okay" and we don't get an invite, that's rudeness dudeness. All it would have taken was standing around that crystal for a couple minutes... Like we did when I sent Wicked those invites and he chose not to come.

You see,what had happened was... All of us that were at crota discussed it and legit thought that you wouldn't want to join up due to how you haven't been digging hard mode crota much lately. Yeah yeah yeah normal mode and hard mode are completely different I know. Sorry for not inviting you in. I went and looked at what you were doing and saw you doing pvp with wicked and Drizzy still and assumed that's what you would rather do.

But hey,it worked out in the end so no worries! I'll be on same time and channel tonight if you want to roll crota again. I'll bring a machine gun instead of gjallorhorn just to be safe :p

Ridwald

332/500 for the Crucible part of the Thorn bounty. Slowly chipping away at it. Should finish it up this weekend, will save 10 or so bounties to hand in all at once as soon as I get it.

Also got a second exotic bounty tonight, was a choice between Bad JuJu or the Invective. Ended up going Invective simply because it seemed like a less frustrating bounty to do.

Good luck on the Thorn bounty, i just finished mine this weekend after months of postponing it. If that can help, i found it easier to go in Control mode with mainly a void shotgun and a rocket launcher (Truth), Heavy machine gun should work too. I didn't find much help in having a void primary, Word of Crota or Atheon's Epilogue (and my poor PvP skills) didn't grant me many kills ... But with a good focus on that bounty i discovered the satisfaction of hammeing a guardian into the ground with one well placed shotgun blast ^^

E92 M3

1 NF - Gjallarhorn (4th)
1 HM - Fang (every kill) and no Crux
2 NM - Ice breaker and shards

Reset isn't starting out too exciting. This Crux seems to get rarer and rarer now. The 2nd week of hard seems to have been the best time to get it.

Midas

1 NF - Gjallarhorn (4th)

Reset isn't starting out too exciting. This Crux seems to get rarer and rarer now. The 2nd week of hard seems to have been the best time to get it.

I'll give it a few runs more. If I won't get it the coming two weeks or so, I'l just wait for HoW with a higher level which would make the fight a lot easier. Necrochasm sucks, so...

KxoZz

What triggers ogres at the bridge section of the raid? At first i thought they spawn after one wizard is killed. On my solo attempts it seems like you just have to kill the acolytes that spawn on either side. Is that correct?

late on this but seriously... great article, sums up perfectly what seems to be the feeling among players about the current state of the game.

bungie should read and take note.
I agree, great article. I am not as hardcore as most (only done both raids twice)so I don't have the severe fatigue/burnout that some of the players with multiple 32 level characters experience. I'm definitely not a casual, but I haven't reached the gear endgame by a longshot. I play with a few purple regularly, but not enough to form a full fireteam. I need to go through the daunting task of getting a regular group together to run the raids on a set night. I'm not the most social gamer, so that part is the most difficult for me.

E92 M3

I'll give it a few runs more. If I won't get it the coming two weeks or so, I'l just wait for HoW with a higher level which would make the fight a lot easier. Necrochasm sucks, so...

The fight isn't hard, my friends and I got it relatively down with a wipe here and there for glitches. It's a very systematic fight that just requires everyone to function like a cog in a machine - not very fun like the Atheon fight. In terms of Necro sucking, I want it because it looks cool and just to have the raid exotic.

What triggers ogres at the bridge section of the raid? At first i thought they spawn after one wizard is killed. On my solo attempts it seems like you just have to kill the acolytes that spawn on either side. Is that correct?

I believe its killing ~35 adds.

edit: well if you are getting dat lactose, you need 1 person across the bridge. Then the warlock will have to kill ~35 adds it cause the ogres to appear.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
They are on a timer. To activate the timer four people need to go to the other side. You can also activate the timer if you can despawn the adds on the main side with a warlock. Never done it solo with other chars so I dunno.

recks

I don't think so..personally I spam r2. you want to get 7xR2, 6xR2 for the first two phases. Then the last swordphases is easy.
unless crota instantly gets up and kill you :p
Or have a Ti-83 right by you and do the math in the downtime :p
You should always go for 8xR2 or 2 Combos + R2 on the first phase imo, it gives you room for mistakes on the other two and is pretty safe to do.

Midas

The fight isn't hard, my friends and I got it relatively down with a wipe here and there for glitches. It's a very systematic fight that just requires everyone to function like a cog in a machine - not very fun like the Atheon fight. In terms of Necro sucking, I want it because it looks cool and just to have the raid exotic.

Yeah, the problem is that people I play with keep making mistakes like blowing themselves up with rockets and such. The last few attempts it's been more common that someone dies in a stupid way rather than bugs killing us, which is kind of "heartbreaking" - there's probably a better word to use, but you get it.

And let it be said; I can to stupid shit as well. :)

1 NF - Gjallarhorn (4th)

Those are actually awesome drops for 95% of the ppl that play this game.

You can't really fault the game for giving you awesome stuff that you already have, man. :)

GAF! Remember how I got 2 shards 2 days ago?

ZvkFNdw.gif

Well yesterday I got one more!

eCSPjHK.gif

Also, this happened:

Here are your test results, Glam.

E92 M3

Yeah, the problem is that people I play with keep making mistakes like blowing themselves up with rockets and such. The last few attempts it's been more common that someone dies in a stupid way rather than bugs killing us, which is kind of "heartbreaking" - there's probably a better word to use, but you get it.

And let it be said; I can to stupid shit as well. :)

One time I blew myself up with the rocket because the chains on the ceiling (ogre room) acted like a physical object lol.

Those are actually awesome drops for 95% of the ppl that play this game.

You can't really fault the game for giving you awesome stuff that you already have, man. :)

Here are your test results, Glam.

I am thankful because RNGesus knows I've been screwed over a lot lol. I do want to get the Hard Light and Suros just to complete my collection. Hard Light seems to be ultra rare though.

If you still want a chance at normal CE raid weapons (#4EverHungerless), I know you have to run normal raid first. Will you still have a chance for hard raid weapons when you run that after?

Bradach

Soloed the raid for the first time last night. It's nothing really special anymore but it was still a proud moment. I think I'll start doing that on reset day now instead of trying to find a capable group - provided Xûr starts selling heavy again. It was really fun and challenging and not frustrating at all.

EDIT:
http://youtu.be/3FIUko1jBaY

you make it look effortless, well done.

recks

If you still want a chance at normal CE raid weapons (#4EverHungerless), I know you have to run normal raid first. Will you still have a chance for hard raid weapons when you run that after?
Yes, in fact, if you kill Crota on normal first you get 2 rolls on exotics too.
#4EverHungerless here too :(

Top Bottom