• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Mrgamer

Do you guys think bungie seeing the frustration of some players might have done something about Gjarllarhorn drop rate?

I ask this because yesterday I've seen 7 Horn drops. My clan has 8 players and 5 of us got a Gjarllarhorn yesterday.

I got 2. One in Nightfall and one in Hard Crota. My 2nd and 3rd.
Lebeau got one in Hard Atheon. His 2nd.
DimasCrivalente got one in Nightfall. His 2nd.
ViniFJV got one in Normal Crota. His 1st.
KillUiu got one in Nightfall. His 1st.

And I also witnessed Cosmos get one in Hard Crota (or Deathsinger, I'm not sure).

Either way, Feb. 10 will forever be known in my Clan as G-Horn day.

Also, Dhruv, do you think you can make a small clip next time you do sword kill in Hard Crota?

I tried to run the sword last night with my team and something was missing, I was just not dealing enough damage. At least not as much as you or Kartik can deal.

I have a video on youtube when im playing with the sword me and other 5 gaffers.
It was a safeish strategy i used.

SEARCH v1br4t1ons on youtube.

Manp

GAF! Remember how I got 2 shards 2 days ago?

ZvkFNdw.gif

Well yesterday I got one more!

eCSPjHK.gif

Also, this happened:

guardians hate him

Midas

One time I blew myself up with the rocket because the chains on the ceiling (ogre room) acted like a physical object lol.

I am thankful because RNGesus knows I've been screwed over a lot lol. I do want to get the Hard Light and Suros just to complete my collection. Hard Light seems to be ultra rare though.

Haha. Yeah. Sometimes when I stand above a door or something, I try to shoot the thralls but just hit an invisible box instead.

2real4tv

Got three to run normal crota. If anyone got normal crota or ds cp that would be helpful.
1 bigmanny287
2 friend
3 friend

Two exotics I didn't have dropped for me yesterday, the MIDA Multi-tool (from deathsinger) and Patience and Time (from special weapon legendary engram). Am I just lucky and hit some RNG goodness or is there something else going on here? Just seems strange that two of the ones I didn't have dropped.

You see,what had happened was... All of us that were at crota discussed it and legit thought that you wouldn't want to join up due to how you haven't been digging hard mode crota much lately. Yeah yeah yeah normal mode and hard mode are completely different I know.

I'll bring a machine gun instead of gjallorhorn just to be safe :p

6FhMWMq.gif

And how do you know I didn't jump in front of you on purpose ;)

My clan man. I bestow the blessing of Gjallarhorns from our namesake and this is the gratitude I receive!

E92 M3

Two exotics I didn't have dropped for me yesterday, the MIDA Multi-tool (from deathsinger) and Patience and Time (from special weapon legendary engram). Am I just lucky and hit some RNG goodness or is there something else going on here? Just seems strange that two of the ones I didn't have dropped.

kW6lowF.gif

Very few game publishers are left that have the resources to create a game like Destiny. Of those around I can think of EA? I wouldn't bet on the game being good coming from EA. Ubisoft? Maybe but I don't see it on the horizon. Sony? Well they are already paying for the exclusive Destiny content. Microsoft? With the tragedy that Halo has become IMO I wouldn't be on it. So I guess we are left with Bungie and Activision and Destiny.

Late reply but I'm just catching up with the thread. Was just going to say that The Division is pretty much the only thing on the horizon at the moment. Not exactly the same given the settings and gameplay differences, but it will be a AAA open world, persistent, co-op/PvP, MMO-lite shooter with loot. If it turns out well (BIG "if" I know), it will be doing a lot of the core things Destiny is doing and it has the buzz and the publisher marketing dollars to compete for that mindshare. I'm also convinced the next Borderlands will be encroaching in to that territory as well but who nows how far that's out.

PuMa

Late reply but I'm just catching up with the thread. Was just going to say that The Division is pretty much the only thing on the horizon at the moment. Not exactly the same given the settings and gameplay differences, but it will be a AAA open world, persistent, co-op/PvP, MMO-lite shooter with loot. If it turns out well (BIG "if" I know), it will be doing a lot of the core things Destiny is doing and it has the buzz and the publisher marketing dollars to compete for that mindshare. I'm also convinced the next Borderlands will be encroaching in to that territory as well but who nows how far that's out.

Yeah, I can't wait for The Division. Still a ways off, unfortunately.

Atkison04

6FhMWMq.gif

And how do you know I didn't jump in front of you on purpose ;)

My clan man. I bestow the blessing of Gjallarhorns from our namesake and this is the gratitude I receive!

Ha! It's always fun regardless of how many times I die from doing something stupid lol. I swear, we were playing so sloppy on normal mode compared to hard mode, but it's so much easier so who gives a crap. It's nice playing the raid without being worried at all about what loot drops.

And bro, I play like 85% of my destiny time with you and the regular guys! It's always fun and that is a huge reason why I keep playing. I would hate to lose that so I'm gonna keep on trucking with what we've been doing until the wheels fall off.

Ugh, wife got upset with me playing last night even though we agreed earlier I would be playing. I don't get it. She thought I wouldn't play long and then get off early or something. This is after spending the last 2 days with her and not playing...

Anyone want to do a Crota final boss run on normal? A buddy and I got to the end last night but couldn't finish. We have us 2 right now, level 31, on ps4.

Shito

You're just really lucky. :)
Also, those are two great weapons: consider levelling them up and using them!

E92 M3

Ugh, wife got upset with me playing last night even though we agreed earlier I would be playing. I don't get it. She thought I wouldn't play long and then get off early or something. This is after spending the last 2 days with her and not playing...

Lol you don't reset the enrage timer by spending time with her.

Shito

Are you trying to lure RNGesus into gifting you a second wannaHorn, by any chance?
I see what you're doing here! :D

Hiko

Banned
Yeah, I think I'm done with this game now. Did nightfall twice yesterday. First I got some dead orbit AR. Useless. Then I got 10 ascendant energies.

But that wasn't really the issue. I expected to get crap. I just realized that even if I got a ghorn or a hawkmoon, what would I even do with them? I don't need them. There's no new content to tackle. And lord knows I have no interest in doing the existing strikes just for the sake of them. The allure of the game has finally worn off thankfully.

LiK

you're gonna have to sit down with her and ask what's up. i'm gonna be an asshole and tell you to tell her to get a hobby.

Dave_6

Finally got the Black Hammer last night! Also got the chest piece for my Titan so all I need for it is the helm.

My Warlock still needs the chest and helm so if anyone is up for a NM CE tonight I'm all for it (need shards too!). Also need to do 2x NF and weekly!

Thanks for the runs last night spyder, stb, xplicitone, and grimlock!

HigXx

1st Nightfall: Gjallahorn (finally)
2nd Nightfall: Unwitting Soul
3rd Nightfall: Sunbreakers (1st pair)

Im glad I kept my faith in rngesus

Top Bottom