• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Jinjo

Nice Atheon runs there, always a pleasure. Takes no time at all, especially if I actually remember to keep at least 1 VoG primary on each alt (unlike today...)

Somebody say something about fist of havoc? :)

yXYOro.gif

Awesome MLG pro 360noscope tryhard Nova Bomb dodge there.

You started Bayonetta 2 yet btw?

Jinjo

A reenactment of when I asked Destiny if I could stop playing. Phaethon will be playing the role of DrDrizzay:

KYYP21.gif

Lol. Seems about right to me too. I just don't know what to do in Destiny anymore though. I'm all out of carrots. My Destiny time consists of a lot of aimless wandering through the tower like a lost little puppy.

We should get some DGAF does TLOU matches going tonight.

bosseye

I think I have Destiny fatigue. Getting Ascendant Shards from the Nightfall was the final straw I think whilst my mate got Gjallherhorn.

I'm not even a particularly hardcore player, I only have one character who is maybe 21 radiant shards away from 32, but it seems to be that as soon as you start caring about what loot you might get, the game starts to become a heartbreaking chore.

I think I'll take a Destiny break, play something different, come back in a few days and try and readjust my attitude back towards having fun as oppose to what I can 'win'.

We should get some DGAF does TLOU matches going tonight.

Yes, definitely want to organize some DGAFDTLOUMP, I'd be up for it whenever. Like a lot of people, I mainly only play Destiny now because of all the fine folks I've met, just gotta take 'em with us to TLOU for a bit.

Yes, definitely want to organize some DGAFDTLOUMP, I'd be up for it whenever. Like a lot of people, I mainly only play Destiny now because of all the fine folks I've met, just gotta take 'em with us to TLOU for a bit.

I wouldn't mind some TLOU, one of my fav PVP ever.

Bradach

I'm working on the exotic bounty for Bad JuJu. It says I have to complete 25 strikes. I done the daily strike and another strike from a bounty and it still says '0/25 complete' on the exotic bounty.
Am I misunderstanding something? is there something I need to find during the strike?

TP-DK

I'm working on the exotic bounty for Bad JuJu. It says I have to complete 25 strikes. I done the daily strike and another strike from a bounty and it still says '0/25 complete' on the exotic bounty.
Am I misunderstanding something? is there something I need to find during the strike?

Sounds like youre confusing story missions with strikes. There are no daily strikes.

Shito

I think I have Destiny fatigue. Getting Ascendant Shards from the Nightfall was the final straw I think whilst my mate got Gjallherhorn.

I'm not even a particularly hardcore player, I only have one character who is maybe 21 radiant shards away from 32, but it seems to be that as soon as you start caring about what loot you might get, the game starts to become a heartbreaking chore.

I think I'll take a Destiny break, play something different, come back in a few days and try and readjust my attitude back towards having fun as oppose to what I can 'win'.
Ever since last week I've stopped playing Destiny every day. I now only do the nightfalls, some weeklies but not all (nearing 100 coins, don't need that much coins anymore), solo the first phase of CE for some shards and energies, and hop into Gorgon CP. It takes me something like 2 or 3 game sessions to do that in the week, and in the meantime I've started playing other games.
The key to handling Destiny nowadays, during this rather slow period of the game content wise, seems to be to not care too much anymore, and just come back once or twice a week to do some quick weekly stuff.

There's nothing else you have to do during the strikes, but the Daily is actually a "Story mission" and not a strike. Not sure which bounty you are referring to, but doing a strike isn't tied to bounties like that. Just pick one of the Strikes from a planet, i.e. Devil's Lair on Earth, or do one of the Vanguard Strike playlists depending on your level (e.g. Lv 26 Roc).

For Bad Juju bounty, you get 1 point for a normal strike like the Roc playlist, but the Weekly Heroic counts for 2 points (any difficulty level) and the Nightfall counts for 3 points towards the 25.

Ever since last week I've stopped playing Destiny every day. I now only do the nightfalls, some weeklies but not all (nearing 100 coins, don't need that much coins anymore), solo the first phase of CE for some shards and energies, and hop into Gorgon CP. It takes me something like 2 or 3 game sessions to do that in the week, and in the meantime I've started playing other games.
The key to handling Destiny nowadays, during this rather slow period of the game content wise, seems to be to not care too much anymore, and just come back once or twice a week to do some quick weekly stuff.

Gotta agree. I have all raid heavy and secondary's. Only need the fang and crux from hard. Finally got my gjallerhorn so now I jump on to do nightfalls, weeklys and raids with my clan and gaf as and when I fancy it. I will ignore lots of bounties, even when levelling weapons. I still enjoy playing destiny a lot. But I now have time to play other games which is good

Bradach

Sounds like youre confusing story missions with strikes. There are no daily strikes.

There's nothing else you have to do during the strikes, but the Daily is actually a "Story mission" and not a strike. Not sure which bounty you are referring to, but doing a strike isn't tied to bounties like that. Just pick one of the Strikes from a planet, i.e. Devil's Lair on Earth, or do one of the Vanguard Strike playlists depending on your level (e.g. Lv 26 Roc).

For Bad Juju bounty, you get 1 point for a normal strike like the Roc playlist, but the Weekly Heroic counts for 2 points (any difficulty level) and the Nightfall counts for 3 points towards the 25.
Thanks, I suspected it was something like that!

blazeuk

Off for 2 days after a 3pm finish today and now I've got 2 characters to 32 I think I'm going to just struggle my way through getting my 3rd one up to level 20 (and straight to 28 from there). I have a NM and HM CE to run on one of my 32's but other than that I'd be done for the week usually.

i find Bladedancers more annoying. FoH and Novabomb are over in a second, but that Bladedancer keeps coming at you for what usually feels like an eternity. an eternity filled with "oh fuck... please... no".

You can run away/dodge bladedancers (especially if they aren't that good with it). You can dodge from nova bombs and thier pretty damn slow anyway...

You can't do any of those things with Fist of Havoc. A motherfuckin cylinder of death. Gets you through walls and shit. Fucking insta enraging bullshit

Atkison04

Man literally nobody listens to me...

1) I told my clan to invite me and Wicked when they got to Crota. They didn't, and they had him at 50% health when I joined their party. They'd wiped a bunch of times and when I joined was no different.

2) Before I left I said if they were at Crota I'd send Wicked an invite. I did! And then I saw the 3 of you were in Skirmish.

Literally no one listens to me. Only person who does is IRAWRASAURUS and he has NAT issues with me...

Woah, woah, woah! I saw you guys still running the pvp train and I honestly didn't think that you would leave it for a normal crota kill bro. Thanks for murdering me with my own gjallarhorn though!

noomi

Good morning dgaf :)

Hey raindoc, once again.. sorry if I messed up your fireteam this morning, and thanks for the invite. That daily is a pain in the ass to solo :/

KxoZz

Soloed the raid for the first time last night. It's nothing really special anymore but it was still a proud moment. I think I'll start doing that on reset day now instead of trying to find a capable group - provided Xûr starts selling heavy again. It was really fun and challenging and not frustrating at all.

EDIT:
http://youtu.be/3FIUko1jBaY

Do you guys think bungie seeing the frustration of some players might have done something about Gjarllarhorn drop rate?

I ask this because yesterday I've seen 7 Horn drops. My clan has 8 players and 5 of us got a Gjarllarhorn yesterday.

I got 2. One in Nightfall and one in Hard Crota. My 2nd and 3rd.
Lebeau got one in Hard Atheon. His 2nd.
DimasCrivalente got one in Nightfall. His 2nd.
ViniFJV got one in Normal Crota. His 1st.
KillUiu got one in Nightfall. His 1st.

And I also witnessed Cosmos get one in Hard Crota (or Deathsinger, I'm not sure).

Either way, Feb. 10 will forever be known in my Clan as G-Horn day.

It's super effective

Also, Dhruv, do you think you can make a small clip next time you do sword kill in Hard Crota?

I tried to run the sword last night with my team and something was missing, I was just not dealing enough damage. At least not as much as you or Kartik can deal.

Deku Tree

Do you guys think bungie seeing the frustration of some players might have done something about Gjarllarhorn drop rate?

I ask this because yesterday I've seen 7 Horn drops. My clan has 8 players and 5 of us got a Gjarllarhorn yesterday.

I got 2. One in Nightfall and one in Hard Crota. My 2nd and 3rd.
Lebeau got one in Hard Atheon. His 2nd.
DimasCrivalente got one in Nightfall. His 2nd.
ViniFJV got one in Normal Crota. His 1st.
KillUiu got one in Nightfall. His 1st.

And I also witnessed Cosmos get one in Hard Crota (or Deathsinger, I'm not sure).

Either way, Feb. 10 will forever be known in my Clan as G-Horn day.

No I think it's just random.
If it was truly random then you'd also expect days like what happened to your group on Feb 10.

I tried to run the sword last night with my team and something was missing, I was just not dealing enough damage. At least not as much as you or Kartik can deal.

Combo or R2 smash? If the latter hold forward on the analog while you smash to decrease recovery time in between smashes. Also strike him as he's falling down not when he's already kneeling.

noomi

Hey... question to the sword runners....

During the hard mode Crota fight, does Crota stand up right after he hits enrage?

Scenario: Crota was 1 hit away from engrage while we were waiting in the crystal room, I could have gone for 3 hits pretty easily but after talking over with my fireteam we decided it would be safer to hit him once let him enrage, stealth and then finish him off....which we did.

I've had Crota slam me with his sword right after enrage before... so I'm curious of others experiences.

Omni

Gorgon chests
1) Thunderlord
2) Shards

Atheon
1) Vex
2)

Nightfall
1) 10 strange coins
2) 9 strange coins

Deathsinger
1) Shards
2) Shards

Crota
1)
2)

Been a very lacklustre reset. Hopefully Crota gives me something decent on the weekend

Top Bottom