• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Late reply but I'm just catching up with the thread. Was just going to say that The Division is pretty much the only thing on the horizon at the moment. Not exactly the same given the settings and gameplay differences, but it will be a AAA open world, persistent, co-op/PvP, MMO-lite shooter with loot. If it turns out well (BIG "if" I know), it will be doing a lot of the core things Destiny is doing and it has the buzz and the publisher marketing dollars to compete for that mindshare. I'm also convinced the next Borderlands will be encroaching in to that territory as well but who nows how far that's out.
I didn't know The Division had loot. That sounds really good, it looks awesome. No release date is sad though.

LTWood12

Ugh, wife got upset with me playing last night even though we agreed earlier I would be playing. I don't get it. She thought I wouldn't play long and then get off early or something. This is after spending the last 2 days with her and not playing...

Yeah there's probably something else going on. Communication is key. Try to approach it as non-defensively as possible.

Went through a similar phase with my spouse a couple of weeks ago. Since then we've had open lines of communication about Destiny and it's been so much better. I say these are the nights I'm planning to play, and this is about how long I'm going to be on. As long as I stick to that, she is happy to do her own thing.

Also, get a vita for remote play if you haven't already.

noomi

Well this is certainly a nice addition to Bungie.net

We can now see check marks next to completed nightfalls and dailies... seems the weekly is not working properly however...

hovkgcs.jpg

Did the weapon rebalance patch drop with the reset or is that not out yet?

I didn't know The Division had loot. That sounds really good, it looks awesome. No release date is sad though.

Yup. Who knows if it all comes together or whether or not it even makes it out this year (though I'm betting it does) but it's the biggest contender to scratching a lot of the same itches.

E92 M3

Did the weapon rebalance patch drop with the reset or is that not out yet?

Yup. Who knows if it all comes together or whether or not it even makes it out this year (though I'm betting it does) but it's the biggest contender to scratching a lot of the same itches.

Nothing yet, but think it might be next Tuesday if we're "lucky".

Homeboyd

We can now see check marks next to completed nightfalls and dailies... seems the weekly is not working properly however...

hovkgcs.jpg
They're sloooooooowly trying to catch up to the far superior sites like destinystatus.com etc etc

It's weird. B.net used to be DA GAWD at stats etc and now it's pretty terrible. In fact, p much everything about b.new is outshined by b.old.

LOL I don't get it.

You're just really lucky. :)
Also, those are two great weapons: consider levelling them up and using them!

Yeah I guess then its just pure luck. I think I'm gonna work on the MIDA first. The last exotic I really want is Mask of the Third Man so hopefully that drops for me next.

Yeah, I think I'm done with this game now. Did nightfall twice yesterday. First I got some dead orbit AR. Useless. Then I got 10 ascendant energies.

But that wasn't really the issue. I expected to get crap. I just realized that even if I got a ghorn or a hawkmoon, what would I even do with them? I don't need them. There's no new content to tackle. And lord knows I have no interest in doing the existing strikes just for the sake of them. The allure of the game has finally worn off thankfully.

I'm pretty sure I made this exact post back in OT13 but I'm still here (minus the new content part).

LTWood12

Finally got the Black Hammer last night! Also got the chest piece for my Titan so all I need for it is the helm.

My Warlock still needs the chest and helm so if anyone is up for a NM CE tonight I'm all for it (need shards too!). Also need to do 2x NF and weekly!

Thanks for the runs last night spyder, stb, xplicitone, and grimlock!

Congrats on the Hammer Dave! It's my favorite of the CE weapons, and so great for bosses.

BokehKing

Banned
Is Dato like the communities 'voice'
I hear so much about this guy, but then I watch his interviews and he just comes across like a concieted dick.

EL CUCO

They're sloooooooowly trying to catch up to the far superior sites like destinystatus.com etc etc

It's weird. B.net used to be DA GAWD at stats etc and now it's pretty terrible. In fact, p much everything about b.new is outshined by b.old.
So much, this.

Also, Bungie hates droid confirmed ;_;

lunlunqq

That website tells you how many hours you have played across all charaters??? F*ck me!!! D:

E92 M3

LOL I don't get it.

Yeah I guess then its just pure luck. I think I'm gonna work on the MIDA first. The last exotic I really want is Mask of the Third Man so hopefully that drops for me next.

I'm pretty sure I made this exact post back in OT13 but I'm still here (minus the new content part).

He's a happy man! Just like you!

but but but I didn't even get the pre-nerf hawkmoon yet... no :(

And I JUST got the Fatebringer days ago

stb

Finally got the Black Hammer last night! Also got the chest piece for my Titan so all I need for it is the helm.

My Warlock still needs the chest and helm so if anyone is up for a NM CE tonight I'm all for it (need shards too!). Also need to do 2x NF and weekly!

Thanks for the runs last night spyder, stb, xplicitone, and grimlock!

Good times. I think 3 people got BH last night between the 3 kills. I'm pretty sure I'm a BH good luck charm.

Bradach

hovkgcs.jpg

I hope the vanguard marks is also incorrect... or else someone has been stealing my vanguard marks while i've been at work!

Bradach

Ugh, wife got upset with me playing last night even though we agreed earlier I would be playing. I don't get it. She thought I wouldn't play long and then get off early or something. This is after spending the last 2 days with her and not playing...

I feel for you. Gaming in general when you have a wife / family is a balancing act. Seems to me that you made a good effort by abstaining for a couple of nights and even agreeing in advance that you'd be playing later. I don't know what more you can do other than explain that it might seem like a waste of time to her but that it's a lot of fun for you.

LTWood12

Thanks! I'm excited to try it since I unlocked the white nail perk fairly quick but logged off afterwards.

I may be up for some weeklies, nightfalls, raids tonight. But I may be confined to remote play for the most part. I'll check in w/ you this eve.

Dazzler

Guys,

I finally hit a wall in my Destiny play. I realised over the weekend I'm literally only playing to try and get a jellyhorn.

Rather than sink another 100 hours and hope RNG works out for me, I can relax, play through my backlog and come back when Xur sells it or HoW comes out

It's been a time, but it's just not fun for me anymore right now

LiK

Guys,

I finally hit a wall in my Destiny play. I realised over the weekend I'm literally only playing to try and get a jellyhorn.

Rather than sink another 100 hours and hope RNG works out for me, I can relax, play through my backlog and come back when Xur sells it or HoW comes out

It's been a time, but it's just not fun for me anymore right now

I hit the wall already.

Arrrammis

Is Dato like the communities 'voice'
I hear so much about this guy, but then I watch his interviews and he just comes across like a concieted dick.

He's not, even though he may think so. He was one of the best youtubers on Destiny back in the Alpha and Beta test days, getting solid information and being generally entertaining about delivering it without much fluff. Nowadays, I'm unsubscribed. I think the power has gone to his head really, he's become, as you say, a conceited dick.

Arrrammis

once that wall is hit, it's a moment of clarity. I literally didn't have any other game in my PS4 in 2015 so far, started Dragon Age last night :)

Transistor and Rogue Legacy are both free for PS+ users this month. Fantastic games, pick them up while you can!

Top Bottom