• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

LiK

once that wall is hit, it's a moment of clarity. I literally didn't have any other game in my PS4 in 2015 so far, started Dragon Age last night :)

i'm going through some other games now. my drive for loot in Destiny including the Hawkmoon has waned. I'll just be back for Gorgon CPs during resets. I don't have an urge to keep playing at all anymore.

LTWood12

He's not, even though he may think so. He was one of the best youtubers on Destiny back in the Alpha and Beta test days, getting solid information and being generally entertaining about delivering it without much fluff. Nowadays, I'm unsubscribed. I think the power has gone to his head really, he's become, as you say, a conceited dick.

Hey thanks again for showing off your bridge jumping skills last night! Never seen anyone do that!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guys,

I finally hit a wall in my Destiny play. I realised over the weekend I'm literally only playing to try and get a jellyhorn.

Rather than sink another 100 hours and hope RNG works out for me, I can relax, play through my backlog and come back when Xur sells it or HoW comes out

It's been a time, but it's just not fun for me anymore right now
Well, good. that's how it's supposed to work. Just play whenever you feel like playing.
If I sign in for sword school this weekend, will you teach me your ways?!

I need Xur to sell Heavy ammo tho... :(
Certainly. I should post this week's signups actually, will do so before noon
Transistor and Rogue Legacy are both free for PS+ users this month. Fantastic games, pick them up while you can!
Word, thank you! I got First Light right at the end of the month and am quite enjoying it (never played Second Son). This PS+ jazz ain't half bad.

Lima

That combo was insane. So much health down in the first 2 kneels.

Whats the command? R1+R1+R2?

Combo is best. 4x combo and 4 kneels are all you need to kill him in two swords on hard. Go for third kneel also on first sword to take him almost to enrage after sword one and finish him off with sword two. Strive for more. Kill him before Ogres if you wanna be a great Swordbearer. Everyone and their mother can do 3 safe R2 hits for each down. Boring

Well, good. that's how it's supposed to work. Just play whenever you feel like playing.

Certainly. I should post this week's signups actually, will do so before noon

Word, thank you! I got First Light right at the end of the month and am quite enjoying it (never played Second Son). This PS+ jazz ain't half bad.

Rogue legacy is awesome.

Guys,

I finally hit a wall in my Destiny play. I realised over the weekend I'm literally only playing to try and get a jellyhorn.

Rather than sink another 100 hours and hope RNG works out for me, I can relax, play through my backlog and come back when Xur sells it or HoW comes out

It's been a time, but it's just not fun for me anymore right now

A lot of people are getting there to varying degrees. The game was designed with a lot of repeat play in mind to tease us with loot and various other carrots, but there isn't enough content to drive that for more than about 2 months per content release.

There are those that mock and decry us for airing grievances after hundreds of hours of play. "You got your money's worth, what more do you want after 500 hours", but that is missing the point that the game was specifically designed to keep you coming back on daily/weekly repeat cycles.

Bungie did a good job setting up the over arching system, there just isn't enough content to keep it going between releases.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but disappointing for those that want to keep going.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Combo is best. 4x combo and 4 kneels are all you need to kill him in two swords on hard. Go for third kneel also on first sword to take him almost to enrage after sword one and finish him off with sword two. Strive for more. Kill him before Ogres if you wanna be a great Swordbearer. Everyone and their mother can do 3 safe R2 hits for each down. Boring
I actually agree with this, advanced strategies for experienced groups at Crota should focus on getting him down before Ogres.

Ryck

That's the ULTIMATE COMBO!!!!
Is this combo "hunter only"?

Lots of people hitting the wall. I have everything I want minus the Ghorn. I guess to an extent it was about loot but the weird thing for me is that now that I have everything I'm actually having more fun. All I do anymore is run the weeklies and raids. I really love running people through the raid and getting them loot. Guess you could say I am looting vicariously now that I have all I want. Really loving my weapons as well. Finally feel "content" with Destiny now.

E92 M3

True that it is boring, but there is beauty in simplicity and an unquestionable element of efficiency.

Certainly. I should post this week's signups actually, will do so before noon.

Can I be "in" only if Xur sells Heavy Ammo?
I ask this because I'm basically out of glimmer and black wax and I supposed I would be a terrible help when when it to DPSing Crota for others to use the sword with no heavy ammo.

Oh, I'm hyped now!
Gonna learn it all this weekend and challenge Dhruv to a sword duel next week!

Dhruv...
49962280.jpg

Bizazedo

True that it is boring, but there is beauty in simplicity and an unquestionable element of efficiency.

If there weren't any bugs / finagling of making sure swordbearer is host, the fight would be considered incredibly easy with the 3 hits per kneel (assuming Gjallahorn roflcopter). Anything more would be showing off / evolution.

Speaking of, Evolve is a lot of fun.

EL CUCO

I agree with this, mainly because dragging the encounter or "playing it safe" can present more opportunity for bugs to show their ugly head. The only thing I don't like about this strat is it almost demands a Hunter Samurai. Can certainly be done with other classes but the timing has to be perfect.

Can I be "in" only if Xur sells Heavy Ammo?
I ask this because I'm basically out of glimmer and black wax and I supposed I would be a terrible help when when it to DPSing Crota for others to use the sword with no heavy ammo.

Oh, I'm hyped now!
Gonna learn it all this weekend and challenge Dhruv to a sword duel next week!

Dhruv...
49962280.jpg

Penguin845453.gif

i'm going through some other games now. my drive for loot in Destiny including the Hawkmoon has waned. I'll just be back for Gorgon CPs during resets. I don't have an urge to keep playing at all anymore.

It sucks that for Hawkmoon, there isn't even a remote chance Xur could bring it. RNG is a cruel master. I would give you mine if I could.

Dyno

Finally was in a Raid that beat Crota! First successful raid. I got the Song of Ir Yut, some gauntlets, and some mats. Can't wait to try it again!

E92 M3

If there weren't any bugs / finagling of making sure swordbearer is host, the fight would be considered incredibly easy with the 3 hits per kneel (assuming Gjallahorn roflcopter). Anything more would be showing off / evolution.

Speaking of, Evolve is a lot of fun.

Exactly - there a too many variables that can alter the outcome of the fight.

I wouldn't call that efficient. killing him in three swords is a waste of time.

An extra 5 minutes isn't too bad of a sacrifice to minimize possible glitch occurrences. It's just a matter of preference.

I wouldn't call that efficient. killing him in three swords is a waste of time.

How much damage are we talking about if you just do R1-R1-R2 + R1-R1-R2?

I mean, without the final R2 bash, so you have more time to blink strike safelly and also run away in the end.

Would it still kill in 2 swords?

LiK

It sucks that for Hawkmoon, there isn't even a remote chance Xur could bring it. RNG is a cruel master. I would give you mine if I could.

I didn't even get a single exotic this week while everyone I played with got them. it's been pretty shitty. i'm also salty about not ever getting a single shader from Dead Orbit. it's dumb as shit. fuck their shitty RNG and "smart loot" system. it's awful.

rNilla

I agree with this, mainly because dragging the encounter or "playing it safe" can present more opportunity for bugs to show their ugly head. The only thing I don't like about this strat is it almost demands a Hunter Samurai. Can certainly be done with other classes but the timing has to be perfect.

I've done Combo x 2 (per kneel) with every class on Normal but I have no idea how I'd pull off Combo x 2 + Smash on Hard with a Titan or Warlock without getting wrecked. Float away? Even in that goofy video Crota definitely took a swipe at me after the second kneel, though I was a bit late.

Ryck

It's really really difficult otherwise. You basically have to be at crota's feet before he kneels and pray that he doesn't whack you.
Ah guess I won't be trying it then. Dhruv will you be running a HM Crota kill at any point today? I'd like to take a few more stabs at getting WOC.

I mean, without the final R2 bash, so you have more time to blink strike safelly.

R1=7.5k damage R2combo=12k damage R2 smash= 15k damage

You're doing 30+24=54k damage per sword

If you manage to get that last R2 smash per kneel then you do 84k damage
Ah guess I won't be trying it then. Dhruv will you be running a HM Crota kill at any point today? I'd like to take a few more stabs at getting WOC.

I'll be on in about 12 hours :-(

EL CUCO

I've done Combo x 2 (per kneel) with every class on Normal but I have no idea how I'd pull off Combo x 2 + Smash on Hard with a Titan or Warlock without getting wrecked. Float away? Even in that goofy video Crota definitely took a swipe at me after the second kneel.
Get in early and kite away with clenched buttcheeks. Lol

I didn't even get a single exotic this week while everyone I played with got them. it's been pretty shitty. i'm also salty about not ever getting a single shader from Dead Orbit. it's dumb as shit. fuck their shitty RNG and "smart loot" system. it's awful.

It goes up and down, I had months of few to no exotics, then this last month I got a deluge of new ones.

Yesterday I didn't get any, but yeah the faction rewards are ridiculous. Shaders and ships should be like rank 4 or 5 rewards like Eris.

Lima

I mean, without the final R2 bash, so you have more time to blink strike safelly.

No. You can afford to miss two R1 slashes and still kill him in two swords. Its better to start swinging early and risking that the first R1 will come up as immune. You can't however miss the R2 at the end. That is 15k damage left on the table.

My Nightfall haul for the week...

Up For Anything (with crappy roll)

Coiled Hiss (Low impact pulse...with crappy roll)

LDR 5001 (Void, Firefly, Surplus, Field Scout)

I'll use the LDR, I suppose. Also got an Arc Prudence out of a blue engram. Bad roll, sharded. Legendary engram dropped from daily, turned into Two to the Morgue with Luck In The Chamber and Spray and Play. Not bad.

Overall, tired of getting random bad legendaries. Then again, there isn't much left for me to get at this point.

Ridwald

It's R1-R1-R2, R1-R1-R2, R2. Tough to squeeze in but a lot of fun.

I heard about this combo before and I've tried it with the sword during some bounty in the Fist of Crota, does it proc some different animation or is it just the sequence of hits that is important ? In previous OTs i read you had (or could) use the Super of the sword at one point in the combo, is it still useful ?

i should sign up to this sword school ^^ i might learn something

Thought I would post my experiences last night...so Im doing the nightfalls and raids with two people that I know. 1 guy got nothing but shards and energies the entire night. I got black hammer and shards\energies the whole night. The other guy though? 1 Last Word 1 Red Death 1 Thunderlord 1 Hunger of Crota and 1 Midas Tool. We did 2 Normal Crota runs and 2 Nightfalls. My mind just hurts right now.

So I dismantled my Necro a long long time ago, as I thought it was garbage. I just got the Crux last night.

Is it worth finding and doing it all over again? Or just leave it be?

LiK

So I dismantled my Necro a long long time ago, as I thought it was garbage. I just got the Crux last night.

keep the Crux until they buff Necrochasm cuz it's pretty useless right now.

I heard about this combo before and I've tried it with the sword during some bounty in the Fist of Crota, does it proc some different animation or is it just the sequence of hits that is important ? In previous OTs i read you had (or could) use the Super of the sword at one point in the combo, is it still useful ?

i should sign up to this sword school ^^ i might learn something

Both R1s are swipes but that R2 is an uppercut

EL CUCO

If you're doing Eris bounties, you're bound to run into it again. I wouldn't sweat it. The Necro is a P.O.S.

I've done Combo x 2 (per kneel) with every class on Normal but I have no idea how I'd pull off Combo x 2 + Smash on Hard with a Titan or Warlock without getting wrecked. Float away? Even in that goofy video Crota definitely took a swipe at me after the second kneel, though I was a bit late.

I managed to do it on one kneel while we were lagging behind on damage ( buttcheeks clenched the whole time)

rNilla

I managed to do it on one kneel while we were lagging behind on damage ( buttcheeks clenched the whole time)

Given Crota's antics on Hard this is tempting fate in a major way. Maybe I'll give it a shot some day. I'd at least like to do it once with a Bladedancer on Hard. Fuck Ogres.

Top Bottom