• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

E92 M3

Can't wait for the HoW boots that upgrade the double jump on the hunters. Blade Dancer jump is so bad - that's why I can't stand using the subclass outside of Crota.

R1=7.5k damage R2combo=12k damage R2 smash= 15k damage

You're doing 30+24=54k damage per sword

If you manage to get that last R2 smash per kneel then you do 84k damage

I'll be on in about 12 hours :-(

No. You can afford to miss two R1 slashes and still kill him in two swords. Its better to start swinging early and risking that the first R1 will come up as immune. You can't however miss the R2 at the end. That is 15k damage left on the table.

Ok. Start sooner so you miss a R1 but not the final R2. Gotcha.

Edit: Wait... If I do that on hard, when does he enrage?

Lima

Can't wait for the HoW boots that upgrade the double jump on the hunters. Blade Dancer jump is so bad - that's why I can't stand using the subclass outside of Crota.

Could it also maybe be because blade dancer is garbage outside of CE? I mean it's not only the jump.

Enrages during the third kneel at the end of the second combo.

Ok. Start sooner so you miss a R1 but not the final R2. Gotcha.

Should be on the 3rd kneel also my calculations were a bit wrong
You are doing 7.5 +7.5 +12 +7.5 +7.5 + 12+15 = 69k damage per kneel
Which results in 138k damage per kneel
After three kneels your total damage will be 207k
and his total health is around 216-220k ( Ballpark figure)

Deku Tree

What is with all the Bladedancer hate? I run Bladedancer as my main subclass on my Hunter with Don't Touch me as my main exotic. Yeah I don't really use the offensive super in PvE unless it's to take out trash or generate orbs but the invis is clutch in a lot of situations. Crouch for invis. Get melee'd for invis. Or pop super for invis. Great perk in a lot of PvE contexts.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Could it also maybe be because blade dancer is garbage outside of CE? I mean it's not only the jump.

"Garbage" is stretching it. I find it quite useful in some PVE situations, especially Nightfalls. I'll take the Bladedancer floaty jump over the other classes floaty jump any day.

LiK

What is with all the Bladedancer hate? I run Bladedancer as my main subclass on my Hunter with Don't Touch me as my main exotic. Yeah I don't really use the offensive super in PvE unless it's to take out trash or generate orbs but the invis is clutch in a lot of situations. Crouch for invis. Get melee'd for invis. Or pop super for invis. Great perk in a lot of PvE contexts.

yea, the invis perk can be extremely useful. I've used it to do some revive saves in NF and raids. they're not bad for that.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

EXACTLY

Has saved my hide many times. That and it can get you into optimal range for max damage with weapons.

Should be on the 3rd kneel also my calculations were a bit wrong
You are doing 7.5 +7.5 +12 +7.5 +7.5 + 12+15 = 69k damage per kneel
Which results in 138k damage per kneel
After three kneels your total damage will be 207k
and his total health is around 216-220k ( Ballpark figure)

Thanks again.

Considering this weekend is Carnaval here in Brazil, I guess that when I'm not drunk on the streets I'll probably be playing Destiny learning how to handle the sword. That should be a 50/50 split on my time. :)

E92 M3

Garbage is stretching it, but it's definitely one of the weaker subclasses. Invisibility is cool sometimes.

EXACTLY

Has saved my hide many times. That and it can get you into optimal range for max damage with weapons.

It's nice, but definitely not as fun like the gunslinger. Have weapons with perfect balance and swift reload is unbeatable for my playstyle.

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks again.

Considering this weekend is Carnaval here in Brazil, I guess that when I'm not drunk on the streets I'll probably be playing Destiny learning how to handle the sword. That should be a 50/50 split on my time. :)
I need to finish all my activities before Friday because I will be back only on Wednesday... I won't even take my Vita to remote play.

k1t4j

Are you all done with the raid this week?

I have a crota hm CP x2, and would like to do the bridge section with my titan for a chance at that AR.

I will be home in 2 hours, could start a group then.

border

why is there a range ;_;

combo with a heavy attack cancel into sword super is the best damage you can hope to do to crota :>

When is Sword School on Sunday? Not sure if I can make it, but wanted to check. I ran sword for the first time yesterday and had no idea how tough it is to get the timing right (even with a Blade Dancer). Even when I'd get in 3 quick slams I'd either get murdered on the way out or Crota would start moving before the 2nd kneel.

Do you still do signups in the thread here or did you end up switching to a more open web-based sign up system?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sign-ups! First come first serve. Newbie Raid this week is Crota's End.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/12 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 2/15 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Namikaze1

Alright, I have Deathsinger hard mode checkpoint on PS4. Looking to get a team going to knock that put and Crota as well.

I would also greatly appreciate if I can get a good/great Swordbearer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
When is Sword School on Sunday? Not sure if I can make it, but wanted to check. I ran sword for the first time yesterday and had no idea how tough it is to get the timing right (even with a Blade Dancer). Even when I'd get in 3 quick slams I'd either get murdered on the way out or Crota would start moving before the 2nd kneel.
XD good timing. Hope you can make it!
Do you still do signups in the thread here or did you end up switching to a more open web-based sign up system?
Well, I post the links here to open the signups, but the key difference is that people don't need to be able to post or PM me to secure a spot.

Sunday - 2/8 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

What the fuck... did the fireteam really filled in 4 minutes?

Deku Tree

So if I have a RL with Tripod (gives three in the mag) and clown cartridge then clown cartridge never does anything right? Because the largest possible RL mag can be three?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So if I have a RL with Tripod (gives three in the mag) and clown cartridge then clown cartridge never does anything right? Because the largest possible RL mag can be three?
I've wondered that very thing. I think you're right and it's just a poor perk roll.

rNilla

I have five helmets across three characters and none of them have Infusion. My Hunter has three helmets. I think you guys made this perk up.

Btw, you guys keep RLs that don't have tracking or proximity explosion? I don't.

I have five helmets across three characters and none of them have Infusion. My Hunter has three helmets. I think you guys made this perk up.

I think so too. I count 8 helmets drops between my 3 joe's... None with infusion.

Dyno

Sign-ups! First come first serve. Newbie Raid this week is Crota's End.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/12 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 2/8 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here

Minimum level is 31.

This is awesome! Signed up!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mask of the Third Man has it. I swap to it to grab an orb and then swap back to be 32, but I'm in the process of leveling it all the way to be able to just keep it on, it works well for the encounter anyway the way I use Arc blade, whereas Knucklehead is just a wasted slot since I'm almost never using my primary weapon as the Swordbearer.
They don't all have infusion? I thought that was standard since all mine got it. Dupes included.
Not at all, random roll on Raid helms. If I didn't have Mask of the Third Man or Light Beyond Nemesis I'd be screwed on 2/3 characters (as I was my first ~6 hours throwing myself at HM Crota). Hungering Blade, though it's better than nothing, is a poor substitute.

rNilla

Mask of the Third Man has it. I swap to it to grab an orb and then swap back to be 32, but I'm in the process of leveling it all the way to be able to just keep it on, it works well for the encounter anyway the way I use Arc blade, whereas Knucklehead is just a wasted slot since I'm almost never using my primary weapon as the Swordbearer.

Yeah I have a maxed MOTTM that I use. But the CE raid helmet having Infusion is a myth.

Deku Tree

I just got full raid gear for all my toons last night.

Warlock has helmet with Infusion. Or will wear Apothosesis veil.
Hunter wears MOTTM.
Titan wears Glasshouse and just pops super for health regen.

Health regen is not a problem for me with Crota HM. The problem is bugs.

1 NF - Gjallarhorn (4th)
1 HM - Fang (every kill) and no Crux
2 NM - Ice breaker and shards

Reset isn't starting out too exciting. This Crux seems to get rarer and rarer now. The 2nd week of hard seems to have been the best time to get it.

The game needs more loot. Those are amazing drops and they did nothing for you

Top Bottom