• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

patchday

So, I was browsing the xbox store when I spotted something and started the download:

image38usv.jpg

Anyone else find this?

Hope they add more features to Crucible. I just can't justify buying the expansion if they're too lazy to add map voting. This expansion added Skyshock map which is great if you want to snipe but no good when I'm on my titan looking for upclose and personal fights. That means if I buy HoW it will probably be solely based on the new raid

* There's lots more decent shooters out there with better developed features. Such as my friend and I of thinking of BF Hardline. We can spawn on each other, etc. You know, basic shit that Halo 3 Reach had

EL CUCO

I really didn't want to run HM Crota again until they patch the bugs but all this Sword talk is making me want to see him die.

I don't even need any loot from him, but the challenge is always enticing. I'm sure I'll regret it after our first wipe to some sort of glitch.. but at that point it'll be too late to turn back. My OCD will demand HM Crota's death.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just got full raid gear for all my toons last night.

Warlock has helmet with Infusion. Or will wear Apothosesis veil.
Hunter wears MOTTM.
Titan wears Glasshouse and just pops super for health regen.
LBN too, but that just reminded me, I finally got Apotheosis Veil from a Nightfall <3 I'll level it someday, I wanted to play with an active Radiance build.
Health regen is not a problem for me with Crota HM. The problem is bugs.
It can be an issue for the swordbearer, was incredibly stressful my first few attempts running it with only Hungering Blade to regen. Although, recent advances in Boomer Distraction Technology have made it more possible than ever to run the encounter without taking any damage.

Sullichin

Sign-ups! First come first serve. Newbie Raid this week is Crota's End.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/12 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 2/8 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

I signed up for sword school! I'm excited. Bringing my hunter but my best healing option is Apothesis Veil on my Warlock so might decide to use that last minute.

I have some experience with the Crota fight but never ran sword and definitely don't know all the strats.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I doubt it but I'm up to testing that out tomorrow

That super should propel your damage to 87k per kneel. o_O
I'd like to put together a Pro Squad to try crazy ridiculous Crota strategies sometime soon, just for fun
I signed up for sword school! I'm excited. Bringing my hunter but my best healing option is Apothesis Veil on my Warlock so might decide to use that last minute.
In all honesty, on Normal you barely even need to concern yourself with it outside of the first room.

One spot left for Sunday guys! 4 for tomorrow's CE newbie raid.

This is awesome! Signed up!
First time doing CE eh? Sweet :) We'll have a good time.

My Warlock and Titan are edging closer to 32 at which point I'll really have a lot of flexibility leading these. Feels good. I'm glad I didn't rush to do it personally. I don't think I have Eris higher than Rank 2 on any character.

I think I just found the sickest Warlock build (at least to me).

Sunsinger w/Gift of the Sun (Fusion grenades x2)
Voidfang Vestments (Spawn with grenades everytime)
Vex Mythoclast (Extra Mag)
Supremacy (armor piercing)
Hezen Vengeance (dat blast radius doe)

So many means to kill people at any given times. It's like being death walking around.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm... damn.. there was someone who signed up for Sword School last time right as it was booked, I wonder if he or she is around this week...

patchday

I really didn't want to run HM Crota again until they patch the bugs but all this Sword talk is making me want to see him die.

I don't even need any loot from him, but the challenge is always enticing. I'm sure I'll regret it after our first wipe to some sort of glitch.. but at that point it'll be too late to turn back. My OCD will demand HM Crota's death.

Last night I made sure our HM Crota group stood upclose to the glass window and fired at the swordbearer which helped bring him to the center. And we cleared Crota right after.

We actually had more trouble getting through the Abyss than Crota. I really think the main thing that screws up the HM Crota fight is not aggroing the Swordbearer and getting him into the Center position while Crota is staring at everyone through the window

Deku Tree

Last night I made sure our HM Crota group stood upclose to the glass window and fired at the swordbearer which helped bring him to the center. And we cleared Crota right after.

We actually had more trouble getting through the Abyss than Crota. I really think the main thing that screws up the HM Crota fight is not aggroing the Swordbearer and getting him into the Center position while Crota is staring at everyone through the window

Need someone on your fire team to have a sniper rifle with armor piercing so that when the Swordbearer hides you damage him through the rock and then he moves and then you keep hitting him.

Lnkn52

Sign-ups! First come first serve. Newbie Raid this week is Crota's End.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/12 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 2/8 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Wow, can't believe that's a google doc! Designed really well, LEGIT status.

patchday

Need someone on your fire team to have a sniper rifle with armor piercing so that when the Swordbearer hides you damage him through the rock and then he moves and then you keep hitting him.

Sometimes we've seen him run into the orge room, etc. Doing the trick to aggro him through the window seems to take out a lot of the random BS in that fight.

That's a good tip though.

I like to fire ghorn rockets and let the wolfpack rounds clean him up. I'm usually on my Titan so my DPS usually only needed to help get him down

Infusion perk is random? what?

Yep. Had 2 titan helms drop in HM and neither has infusion perk. My hunter got a helm with infusion in normal crota on his 1st or 2nd trip

SonComet

Did hard mode Crota last night as a group of 5 with 1 31. The heavy ammo glitch saved us. No one had glimmer or synth. Got my 5th raid helmet and a hawkmoon. I am happy.

ich00

Hmm... damn.. there was someone who signed up for Sword School last time right as it was booked, I wonder if he or she is around this week...

That was probably me. I'm at work and can only check Gaf every so often, and just missed out on signing up again. It's all good tho, I'll get in one of these times!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That was probably me. I'm at work and can only check Gaf every so often, and just missed out on signing up again. It's all good tho, I'll get in one of these times!
Blast! I'm sorry, didn't expect this one to fill up so quick. Send me a PM and I'll give you the spot for next time in advance, if you can make it. (2/22)

LiK

My Warlock raid helm has Infusion and I had a Hunter raid helm with Infusion but I sharded it since the STR was lower then my maxed one. I have MOTTM so it's not a big deal to me.

Sullichin

if I abandon an exotic bounty midway - in this case "Black Market Coupon" in the Bad Juju quest (I have to wait to give it to Xur) - will it dissapear or will it be available to pick up where I left off? I've never abandoned an exotic bounty before but I noticed the Eris Urn quest lets you pick it up where you left off.

I already have a maxed Bad Juju and i'm on this bounty step on both of my characters to get 2 more. Have already dismantled at least one more. I feel like I'm always doing this exotic bounty in the background. But 1 coin = 1 exotic shard for the strikes I do normally isn't bad.

Somnia

I know the vast majority of people playing are on PS4, but if anyone wants to play with a newer Destiny player on XB1 feel free to add me.

Gamertag: SomniaGAF

Lima

One thing I've been noticing on streams is that the sword carrier also goes to the ledge and tells people come on you gotta get that Swordbearer down guys. Well the main source of damage should be the sword carrier. You don't need your rockets to take down Crota so fire them to take down the Swordbearer as soon as he comes out of the door. It is baffling. Some sword carriers think that they get a free pass and don't have to use synths yet expect everyone else to do so.

rNilla

if I abandon an exotic bounty midway - in this case "Black Market Coupon" in the Bad Juju quest (I have to wait to give it to Xur) - will it dissapear or will it be available to pick up where I left off? I've never abandoned an exotic bounty before but I noticed the Eris Urn quest lets you pick it up where you left off.

It will be discarded entirely. If you get it again you'll have to start over.

Just realized my Warlock doesn't have CE helm yet and he's killed Crota every week except this week so far.

No infusion on my 1x Hunter Helm or 4x Titan Helms from CE

Does anyone know if the raid armour perks are tied to the stats? I would like increased melee attack speed on gloves for PvP, but I've only found it with Strength. Eugh Strength.

phen0m24

One thing I've been noticing on streams is that the sword carrier also goes to the ledge and tells people come on you gotta get that Swordbearer down guys. Well the main source of damage should be the sword carrier. You don't need your rockets to take down Crota so fire them to take down the Swordbearer as soon as he comes out of the door. It is baffling. Some sword carriers think that they get a free pass and don't have to use synths yet expect everyone else to do so.

I guess I've been fortunate as the guy posting beneath you brought his own rocket launcher to our party last night. Lol

Qwell

+1, I do my best not to slack when I'm the sword barrier, always blasting the guy, and making sure I do the ammo glitch or just pop a synth if I need to.

EL CUCO

We've been keeping one guy outside on the ledge when Crota goes right. He hides behind the left column and aggros Swordbearer down to the middle. Crota cant see him behind that column. When we come out, SB is simply waiting for us to burn him down. Works like a charm.

rNilla

I guess I've been fortunate as the guy posting beneath you brought his own rocket launcher to our party last night. Lol

If I didn't insist on carrying NLB last night I would have horned that fool constantly instead of using that Arc non-tracking garbage launcher.

We've been keeping one guy outside on the ledge when Crota goes right. He hides behind the left column and aggros Swordbearer down to the middle. Crota cant see him behind that column. When we come out, SB is simply waiting for us to burn him down. Works like a charm.

What about gatekeeper? And won't the swordbearer kill the guy if he doesn't move? And if does move, won't Crota be able to hit him?

Sullichin

Ugh, I hate doing The Wakening for the Daily Heroic.

But, I have two fairly new level 20s that need Shards, so down I go.

Use a LMG. I'm sick of this mission of course but I prefer it over Rasputin. You can skip nearly the entire level, snipe/super the knights/wakers, and then unload one thunderlord clip into the soul. Should be dead in just one field scout clip, maybe a grenade or some primary shots if they don't all connect.

RetroMG

If you guys would like to join up with me, I am just outside the wakening room.

PSN: RetroMG. Deku just sent me a friend request.

Top Bottom