• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

ich00

A new week, means reset, means another shot to get out of the #ForeverNoFatebringer club. Last week 5 out of 7 guardians that we did this with got thier first Fatebringer, I did not, so I'll be at it again today around 10pm EST. I'll be running it 3 times, first time from the beginning of the raid (unless someone has the hm Templar cp). Sign up below using your PSN name and I'll send invites once everyone is online.

1. Me (ichabod00)
2. reserved
3. reserved

Alt 1.
Alt 2.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Getting so many challenge invites from Old GAFfers on my PS4

*Must Resist!* Super Stardust Ultra ; ;

Hate when other GAFfers know you best and try to peer pressure you by sending you a message of "beat my score"
I'll get you BobTheFork, Vengeance will be mine in particular!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One thing I've been noticing on streams is that the sword carrier also goes to the ledge and tells people come on you gotta get that Swordbearer down guys. Well the main source of damage should be the sword carrier. You don't need your rockets to take down Crota so fire them to take down the Swordbearer as soon as he comes out of the door. It is baffling. Some sword carriers think that they get a free pass and don't have to use synths yet expect everyone else to do so.
I've been stunlocking him with Ice Breaker until he's ~30% and then going down, and if he's not dead by the time I reach him shooting a rocket. That way I always have a rocket if I need it, but can always do a similar amount of damage/stunlock him. Works quite well. I'd never have expected to be using Ice Breaker for the Crota fight and barely ever equip it on my Hunter, but it wound up being a good option. Gjallarhorn-with-synths is certainly a fine choice as well though.
What about gatekeeper? And won't the swordbearer kill the guy if he doesn't move? And if does move, won't Crota be able to hit him?
He doesn't go down- just stays tucked on the left where crota can't see him. You can hit the swordbearer easily from there unless he goes far left, which he shouldn't unless anyone is messing with the boomers/thralls on the let side.

EL CUCO

What about gatekeeper? And won't the swordbearer kill the guy if he doesn't move? And if does move, won't Crota be able to hit him?
On the ledge, not on the floor. On the glass there are 2 columns. He stays tucked behind the left column. SB comes out, and he pops shots at him till he eventually comes down. No chasing SB required. Crota never sees him through the colum, so he never shoots at him. Low risk, high reward.

This is obviously for the 2nd sword.

First sword is standard business as usual: everyone sniping SB, Samurai and someone else (if using Titan bubble orb strat) fire rockets...etc to chase him down.

Edit: Exactly, Hawk.

Anybody wanna run some ROC strikes with me? Just got the invective bounty and I might as well get the 331 invective since shotguns are getting a buff in PVE. PSN KeanBurke join if you want in

One thing I've been noticing on streams is that the sword carrier also goes to the ledge and tells people come on you gotta get that Swordbearer down guys. Well the main source of damage should be the sword carrier. You don't need your rockets to take down Crota so fire them to take down the Swordbearer as soon as he comes out of the door. It is baffling. Some sword carriers think that they get a free pass and don't have to use synths yet expect everyone else to do so.

When I'm the one in charge of using the sword I always do the heavy ammo glitch (to obtain ammo) with the rest of my team in the crystal room. It makes life so much easier when I can shoot to Ghorn at the Swordbearer and he will go down majority of the time, especially if my team in stun locking him. Also whenever he moves to a weird spot I always go down after him with rockets ready.

E92 M3

Lol lazy sword carriers are the worse. Besides rockets, my favorite way to take him down is stunlocking with snipers. Works magically.

gunawi

On the ledge, not on the floor. On the glass there are 2 columns. He stays tucked behind the left column. SB comes out, and he pops shots at him till he eventually comes down. No chasing SB required. Crota never sees him through the colum, so he never shoots at him. Low risk, high reward.

This is obviously for the 2nd sword.

First sword is standard business as usual: everyone sniping SB, Samurai and someone else (if using Titan bubble orb strat) fire rockets...etc to chase him down.

Edit: Exactly, Hawk.
In my limited experience as sword bearer for my team, I found that killing the sword bearer on the middle steps make the distance to crota platform further and most of time the sword will disappear before I finished dealing damage on Crota's second down.

PuMa

In my limited experience as sword bearer for my team, I found that killing the sword bearer on the middle steps make the distance to crota platform further and most of time the sword will disappear before I finished dealing damage on Crota's second down.

Yeah, you want to try to keep him as close to his door as possible. He's a fickle bastard though.

EL CUCO

Something is going wrong, then. DPS is weak or Samurai is taking long to set up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, in the event of taking him down there you have to FLY to Crota to make up the potential lost time. More often than not I end up going up via the center chalice platform when starting from that far back.

Deku Tree

Via Reddit

3 Bungie Devs streaming Crota Raid Tonight @ 8:30 PM

Cybriss 38 points an hour ago
I bet not one single glitch will occur.

[–]Bungie Community Guy urkmcgurk [score hidden] 45 minutes ago
The Sword disappeared on us last night, so I'm not gonna take that bet. :)
permalinkparent

[–]SmoothBaritones [score hidden] 27 minutes ago
Try not to let any cursed thrall blow up near it
permalinkparent

[–]Bungie Community Guyurkmcgurk [score hidden] 25 minutes ago
it is known to us
permalinkparent

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...gie_devs_streaming_crota_raid_tonight_830_pm/

More acknolwedgement

Ok... I wanna watch that.

Also:

SupremeWizardry 3 pontos an hour ago
They'll host a private, dedicated server... at least I'd imagine.

Why not? They've got scale and access, and most companies/people will do just about anything to avoid airing a fiasco to their consumers.
permalinkpai

[–]Bungie Community Guyurkmcgurk [score hidden] 51 minutes ago
Nah, no special anything.
permalinkpai

[–]sjel [score hidden] 47 minutes ago
hardmode?
permalinkpai

[–]Bungie Community Guyurkmcgurk [score hidden] 32 minutes ago
I proposed it, but most of the crew doesn't have the 4+ hours to commit.

Don't worry, though. I'm sure we'll still fail in spectacularly satisfying ways!
permalinkpai

[–]_ShutThatBabyUp [score hidden] 22 minutes ago
bungie developers take 4+ hours on HM?
permalinkpai

4 hours to finish hard mode? What?!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Better than nothing I guess. I'm sure the sword disappearing glitch will have the same sense of urgency as VoG portal glitches.
should have enormously higher issue status. The portal glitches cost you a few seconds of time, a disappearing sword can make completion impossible even with perfect play.

EL CUCO

Yeah, in the event of taking him down there you have to FLY to Crota to make up the potential lost time. More often than not I end up going up via the center chalice platform when starting from that far back.
You have to pick your poison. Chase SB around and potentially have Crota move during sword, or have it dissappear. Sword is active for 30 seconds from the moment you pick it up. It's plenty of time for us. Luckily, my team is armed to the teeth with Ghorns so DPS is a non issue but I can see how it wouldn't work for other teams.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You have to pick your poison. Chase SB around and potentially have Crota move during sword, or have it dissappear. Sword is active for 30 seconds from the moment you pick it up. It's plenty of time for us. Luckily, my team is armed to the teeth with Ghorns so DPS is a non issue but I can see how it wouldn't work for other teams.
I'm saying it's the sword holder's responsibility. it's much better to have the swordbearer go down there than to lose too much time killing him. You just have to realize it and get up to Crota very quickly.

patchday

I want to see them fight Hard mode Crota. I still don't think they play the game like we do. I suspect they play the game casually on normal & some crucible since that is easily more accessible. And no way are they grinding Rank 5 in Iron Banner surely.

So when I claim/guess the devs are not playing the game 'hard' I refer to none-QA employees of course

I really should stop being so negative. I do love this game

EL CUCO

4ql3HYS.jpg

Namikaze1

Anyone interested running CE HM? I have the Deathsinger checkpoint on all three of my characters. I want to get this raid done and over with for the week.

Ryck

Crota normal run, space for 4 people.

Feel free to join in (first timers welcome I am running a friend through it)

PSN: Ryck007

FREE LOOT!

But it's only active for 45 seconds after it drops, I've heard. Meaning, if you take longer than 15 seconds to retrieve it, you won't have 30 seconds of holding it.

patchday

I personally never expect the Sword Bearer to fire rockets. Surely they got their hands full? Just like I got my hands full getting the distraction bubble up for them. I will risk firing rockets as long as the team is coo from the bubble but it can be risky

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, fuck this game. I will return my copy now tbh
What if I told you engram is an actual neuropsychology term for the generalized idea of a memory fragment?
But it's only active for 45 seconds after it drops, I've heard. Meaning, if you take longer than 15 seconds to retrieve it, you won't have 30 seconds of holding it.
Huh, I always thought it was 30 seconds total, starting when it drops
I personally never expect the Sword Bearer to fire rockets. Surely they got their hands full? Just like I got my hands full getting the distraction bubble up for them
At Crota? No way. Pretty stressful to attempt. To get the Swordbearer down in the first place, absolutely.

EL CUCO

That's why I prefer killing SB closer to you. Like Hawk said, it's then the Samurai's responsibility to prepare for Crota quickly.

Top Bottom