• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

E92 M3

You have to pick your poison. Chase SB around and potentially have Crota move during sword, or have it dissappear. Sword is active for 30 seconds from the moment you pick it up. It's plenty of time for us. Luckily, my team is armed to the teeth with Ghorns so DPS is a non issue but I can see how it wouldn't work for other teams.

I found the best way to kill him is everyone has a sniper rifle. Gjallarhorns to finish off in a pinch if he's hiding behind a rock.

What if I told you engram is an actual neuropsychology term for the generalized idea of a memory fragment?

c28.gif

Yeah, kind of am odd comment to make. Although, it is entirely plausible that the group they are forming isn't nearly as experienced or max level compared to us regulars. We all struggled early on too.

But 4 hours?!

Unless they are talking about getting stuck at Crota because of glitches.

That said, you can't possibly take more than 1 hour to get to Crota...

Edit: Ok. I guess if they plan to do the whole thing "legit" (no rock and no warlocks at the bridge) and are carrying 3 less dedicated players, it justifies not doing HM.

Deku Tree

4+ hours to complete hard mode crota? are they all level 30s, or what?

To be fair they are playing with Dads of Destiny. It's half Bungie employees and half dudes from that podcast.

And on top of that there are plenty of people who work for Bungie who don't play video games anywhere close to the same way that we do, if they play video games at all.

Also even a team of very good level 32 players with maxed weapons can wipe constantly for long periods of time on the lamps, the bridge and especially on Crota especially if your doing everything completely legit.

Namikaze1

I've got two. Definitely interested in doing DS/Crota on hard.
Two characters? Runs? I'm confused here. Anyway, what's your PSN?

I'm interested, but I may not have enough heavy synth for three runs. Forgot to add my PSN: Da_1_hated_tito
I'm most likely just gonna do two runs today or even just one.

I need this 3 times and want it over and done with. I'll be up for joining you. PSN Ty_84.
Just need two more then.

Two characters? Runs? I'm confused here. Anyway, what's your PSN?

I'm most likely just gonna do two runs today or even just one.

Two people, sorry for the confusion. I have 3 characters, but I only need one run. Will run it again, though, if people need me to stick around after the first. PSN is Reignofsparrows

rNilla

And on top of that there are plenty of people who work for Bungie who don't play video games anywhere close to the same way that we do, if they play video games at all.

Also even a team of very good level 32 players with maxed weapons can wipe constantly for long periods of time on the lamps, the bridge and especially on Crota especially if your doing everything completely legit.

Exactly. They do have jobs after all. Do you want them to play this game 24/7 or actually work on it?

But 4 hours?!

Unless they are talking about getting stuck at Crota because of glitches.

That said, you can't possibly take more than 1 hour to get to Crota...

Yeah, I meant stuck at Crota. Any group should be able to get to Crota in a "reasonable" time on Hard. Taking him down is a mixed bag. If the group is laggy at all, it is damn near impossible despite everyone being on point.

Ok... since work is really boring today I'll start this discussion early...

What do you expect from Xur this week? Will he bring Heavy Ammo?

All I want is:

1) Heavy Ammo.
2) MotTM.
3) Apotheosis Veil (or Praxic Fire!)
4) Monte Carlo upgrade.
5) Heavy Ammo.

He will have nothing I want, except for Heavy Ammo.

All I want is:

1) Heavy Ammo.
2) MotTM.
4) Monte Carlo upgrade.
5) Heavy Ammo.

I bet for another Starfire protocol or the Nemesis Helmet for the warlocks

All I want is:

1) Heavy Ammo.
2) MotTM.
4) Monte Carlo upgrade.
5) Heavy Ammo.

I don't see why all of a sudden Bungie would change their mind and put up heavy synths.

EL CUCO

Last night was the first time our group had Crota jump off the bridge. Pretty cool having a Hive god hanging out with us. We even took out the Oversoul to give us time to take some selfies..unfortunately he teleported back up :(

Namikaze1

I didn't realize that my Titan has no heavy synthesis. Gonna have to do the heavy trick then.

Wait! I don't have Ice Breaker on me. Fuck!

ich00

Fatebringer anyone?

A new week, means reset, means another shot to get out of the #ForeverNoFatebringer club. Last week 5 out of 7 guardians that we did this with got thier first Fatebringer, I did not, so I'll be at it again today around 10pm EST. I'll be running it 3 times, first time from the beginning of the raid (unless someone has the hm Templar cp). Sign up below using your PSN name and I'll send invites once everyone is online.

1. Me (ichabod00)
2. reserved
3. reserved

Alt 1.
Alt 2.

Fatebringer anyone?

A new week, means reset, means another shot to get out of the #ForeverNoFatebringer club. Last week 5 out of 7 guardians that we did this with got thier first Fatebringer, I did not, so I'll be at it again today around 10pm EST. I'll be running it 3 times, first time from the beginning of the raid (unless someone has the hm Templar cp). Sign up below using your PSN name and I'll send invites once everyone is online.

1. Me (ichabod00)
2. reserved
3. reserved

Alt 1.
Alt 2.

Hey, I'm down. I only have 2 characters though. #ForeverNoFatebringer

Probably should list my PSN name, lol. KINGofCRA5H-

WipedOut

All I want is:

1) Heavy Ammo.
2) MotTM.
4) Monte Carlo upgrade.
5) Heavy Ammo.

1.) Heavy Ammo
2.) Obsidian Mind
3.) Ruin WIngs
4.) Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
5.) Helm Engram
6.)
Ghorn
(Yeah Right)

In the VOG
is Atheon the only one that spits out Gjally?

I feel like I am the last person to get this damn rocket launcher, its really the only reason I keep playing.

Deku Tree

Man some of those comments are just disrespectful. They're speaking directly to Urk and I feel bad for him. People need to chill the fuck out

Yeah anonymous people on the internet are usually extremely hard or even rude or worse totally nasty... It is Deej and Urk's job to ignore them and provide certain types of info to fans. No wonder sometime's Deej gets salty... I agree with you though.

I don't see why all of a sudden Bungie would change their mind and put up heavy synths.

They have no control over him, Xur felt he was being taken advantage of with currency exchange abuse so he dropped glimmer for coins mid-day and of course when he wasn't getting his usual business at Christmas he stuck around longer, naturally.

ethomaz

Banned
Hello again ;)

Time to clear my todo list before Brazilian Carnaval (I love to be drunk 3/4 of my day during 5 days).

Crota Normal Kill (that Black Hammer) happening in 20 minutes or less

1. ethomaz

I have the CP and I can be the swordbearer if anybody better get into the party.

MegalonJJ

Banned
I'm guessing Xur might not sell Heavy Ammo Synth until after the patch to fix the heavy ammo issue?

And I think Bungie might have a post-master 'gift' of heavy ammo synth once the patch goes live.

Then again who knows.

I'm guessing Xur might not sell Heavy Ammo Synth until after the patch to fix the heavy ammo issue?

And I think Bungie might have a post-master 'gift' of heavy ammo synth once the patch goes live.

Then again who knows.

That would be nice. 5+ synth in the mail would be a good gesture to make up for it.

Here is my Amiibo collection!

I've had requests to post it and here it is. 6+ or bust!

The only ones missing are Shulk (in transit from a trade here on Gaf) and Meta Knight (Future Shop announced they will be shipping them out today).

Top Bottom